PDA

View Full Version : Thruxton race track

devondumpling
24th June 2007, 19:11
Just come back from Thruxton, as used clubcard deals for a Thruxton driving Experience.
Just thought I'd let everyone know how well organised it was and if you need to stay nearby there's a travel lodge about 15 minutes away. My husband enjoyed every minute. Extremely well organised and fantastic for a special birthday treat.

boysmum
24th June 2007, 19:13
thanks, am hoping to do this for my son for christmas

ninja_ang
24th June 2007, 19:15
Which expereince did you do and how much was it?
Was thinking of getting one of these for dh for his birthday.
Glad you had a good time, those things are always good fun, but even better fun when mr T pays.
xxxx

devondumpling
24th June 2007, 20:07
The experience was the Aston Martin V8 Vantage experience (http://www.thruxtonracing.co.uk/experiences/tesco_astonmartin.html). This included 3 laps in a Mazda 3 MPS (with the instructor driving), 4 laps in a Porsche Cayman, 4 laps in an Aston Martin V8 Vantage and 5 laps in a Formula Renault. A total of 3 hours driving. The normal price is ?275 but with clubcard deals would be approx ?70 in deals.

DebbieE
24th June 2007, 20:29
Oooh - that's the 1 I bought for my brothers 40th - he's not booked it yet. He fancies himself as James Bond ;)

devondumpling
24th June 2007, 21:00
Oooh - that's the 1 I bought for my brothers 40th - he's not booked it yet. He fancies himself as James Bond ;)

He'll love it!! It was my husband's 40th too!
Only thing we'd recommend is take your own food.
Can't remember if the photos were ?14.50 or ?17.50 each - or you can buy a cd package with all your images on plus two standard photos and a track image with your photo in the centre for ?50

Belle
25th June 2007, 15:22
Oh yes I must say I booked my OH's bday pressie in Feb! I didnt want to give him the giftcard(bday in Nov) and not be able to use it until April. So i booked the only Sat in November! Its only the week after his bday so its not that bad!

Angel
25th June 2007, 15:45
I also went to Thruxton last week, for a Ferrari 430 experience which I gave DH for xmas. It cost ?330 in deals.

I agree that it is professional and well organised, and that you should take your own food! The smallest photograph was ?17.50.

harryboy
25th June 2007, 21:33
I got my oh the ferrari & lambagini experience with everyman experience at Preswold hall and that was very well organised and worth the trip. we stayed for 2 nights at the east midlands Hilton b&b plus dinner on first night ?99 for a family room for four of us. It is cheaper to not use deals for Hilton hotels. If anyone wants more info on Hilton hotels just send me a private message as we use them a lot as a family.

boysmum
5th November 2007, 14:22
Can anyone advise me if the deal voucher comes with name on, my mum wants to book the Thruxton driving Experience for my son for christmas but the surname is different

thanks

:)

harryboy
5th November 2007, 19:06
I just sent off for the deal, then phoned up when i recieved the voucher, they booked it over the phone and i told them what i wanted written on the gift pack. There was no question as to whose name was on the voucher. I them sent the voucher by recorded and they sent me the gift pack within a week, they are very organised and have just contacted them to see if i could do one of the kids driving experiences with deals, but i can't.
enjoy your day, any more info please pm me

boysmum
21st June 2008, 17:46
Just wanted to say what a great day out this was
We have just got back having paid for two to do the racing car experience and it was a great day.

Would like to ask, was it anyone from points who was telling how he had paid four pound for the day and the rest was paid with Tesco points! I had to laugh I also paid for the day with my points.

Gizmos
21st June 2008, 17:56
Just wanted to say what a great day out this was
We have just got back having paid for two to do the racing car experience and it was a great day.

Would like to ask, was it anyone from points who was telling how he had paid four pound for the day and the rest was paid with Tesco points! I had to laugh I also paid for the day with my points.

did you point in direction of PTS???