PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick - Hotels and Parking

Pages : [1] 2

britpjr
3rd December 2006, 20:26
I've tried the Hilton & the Marriot & they won't let me use my vouchers on the inclusive parking deals, just the accommodation. The Hilton charge a massive ?240 per night for a family room, free parking with cash or they charge ?16 per day parking if you use vouchers.

The only option seems to be to book purple parking seperately but I don't seem to be getting much value for my vouchers. Any ideas? :confused:

Gizmos
3rd December 2006, 20:36
I'd do it without your vouchers and just pay. We stayed at a hotel outside of Crawley and it included P&P - it was only about ?75 all in ( a couple of years ago ) but that was for over two weeks parking as well

Bargainz
4th December 2006, 06:27
Not using vouchers - have stayed this year at Copthorne Gatwick, using APH. Have left the car there 4 times now and we are always happy with using them.

Lovely hotel, with happy hour at the bar and a nice buffet restaurant to start your holiday. Parking about 4 minutes drive away, then a 15 min bus ride.

Raffles
4th December 2006, 07:27
Have you tried the Holiday Extras website? Usually some good deals on there with parking - holidayextras.co.uk

Nana
4th December 2006, 09:33
I've tried the Hilton & the Marriot & they won't let me use my vouchers on the inclusive parking deals, just the accommodation. The Hilton charge a massive ?240 per night for a family room, free parking with cash or they charge ?16 per day parking if you use vouchers.

The only option seems to be to book purple parking seperately but I don't seem to be getting much value for my vouchers. Any ideas? :confused:

Yes I used used purple parking deals and managed to get a ?26 Travelodge room at Gatwick Airport. Some rooms are available at the mo for ?15 but you need to book 21 days in advance. Hope this helps.

britpjr
7th December 2006, 19:13
Yes I used used purple parking deals and managed to get a ?26 Travelodge room at Gatwick Airport. Some rooms are available at the mo for ?15 but you need to book 21 days in advance. Hope this helps.

Cheers Nana, good thinking! :clap2:

Maverick
2nd June 2007, 19:17
any one, cheap and cheerful and best deal any one any ideas, cheers x:)

Gizmos
2nd June 2007, 19:23
Hilton is only one that you can literally walk into the terminal from that I know but there is a Premier Travel Inn that looks equally convenient

ninja_ang
2nd June 2007, 19:40
There is a holiday inn near gatwick which is just a short 2 minute walk from a 2 story tesco extra store. You would need transport to get to Gatwick from any hotel apart from the Hilton although I know a lot of the hotels run a courtesy bus service! I haven't stayed in any of the hotels as I live 10 mins from Gatwick but if you want to know ease of getting to Gatwick from some hotels let me know!
Of course you can use deals for the hilton!!!
xxxx

pinkieplum
2nd June 2007, 19:42
We stayed at the Travel Inn at Easter for about ?110 which included 2 weeks car parking and shuttle bus. Very happy with it. The restuarant served nice food too!

(There are a few travel inns in the area. I am pretty sure it is Gatwick Central you need - its right next to one of the terminals, can't remember which though!)

Gizmos
2nd June 2007, 20:31
I haven't stayed in any of the hotels as I live 10 mins from Gatwick but if you want to know ease of getting to Gatwick from some hotels let me know!
Of course you can use deals for the hilton!!!
xxxx

have you got a tent ;)

taffyswife
2nd June 2007, 21:13
We stayed in the Holiday Inn at Gatwick a couple of weeks ago.

It was ?109 for a triple room and 15 days car parking,

There is a bus that goes between the Holiday Inn, Renaissance Hotel, and then both Terminals - they charge ?2.50 per adult and ?1.50 per child (one way).

I booked it through Pigsback - so got 1500 piggypoints as well.

Ladyshopper
2nd June 2007, 21:26
Can't beat a ?15 travelodge room!!! I had to pay ?26 for mine, but still a good deal. There is a hoppa that goes from terminal to hotel and vice versa, ?3 per person.

janice mac
2nd June 2007, 21:38
There is a travelodge about 5 - 10 ins away - dont know if iot comes under gatwick or crawley

ninja_ang
2nd June 2007, 22:03
have you got a tent ;)

lol! Why you gonna pop round?
xxx

Gizmos
2nd June 2007, 22:05
you could rent it to PTS'ers for 500 points a night!

ninja_ang
2nd June 2007, 22:08
500 points, does that include teas, parking, power supply and breakfast, bit cheap
I'll go for tent, garden, 2 cups of tea each, breakfast (cereal only), power supply and 1 weeks parking for 1000 points!
How does that sound?
LOL
xxx

pinkieplum
2nd June 2007, 22:12
For 1000 points I'd want tucking in with a teddy and hot water bottle too ;)

ninja_ang
2nd June 2007, 22:15
My boppy (hot water bottle) burst last night, so will have to be a microwave teddy bear and a big fluffy duvet, is that ok?
xxx

chirpy007
2nd June 2007, 22:38
Im planning on using Premier Lodge, ?100 for a family room and 15 days parking. They do a mean looking breakfast which kids get free for ?7.50.

tyroleandancer
2nd June 2007, 22:50
I have booked the Holiday Inn using my priority points

SATURDAY KIDS
27th June 2007, 22:45
Does Anyone Know Of Any Hotels In Or Right By Gatwick Airport To Overnight Stay In Prior To An Early Morning Flight To Florida, Which We Can Use Our Clubcard Deals At.
I'm Going To Have A Few Left Over After Booking Our 'florida Deal'.holiday Was ?2600 But Can Only Use ?1900 Of Vouchers So I May As Well Use Them For A Hotel If There Is One Available.

DebbieE
27th June 2007, 23:46
I'd like to know this too - u can use them at Hilton, Ramada too I think but on the T&C it states min 2 nights? Anyone know different? Also heard if u use deals it won't include the parking bit but would love to be wrong

Raffles
28th June 2007, 01:44
The Hilton is the obvious choice as its connected to the terminal. However, there is a Premier Travel Inn about 2 mins walk from the terminal that is probably not much worse and would save your CC vouchers for something else.

chirpy007
28th June 2007, 06:13
We looked into this and on balance the Premier Inn came out on top because of value. It also does a mean looking full English and kids eat free with a paying adult...we are going ith them :D:D:D

pinkieplum
28th June 2007, 07:28
I can recommend the Travel Inn. We stayed there at Easter (unfortunately our flight was too early for me to take advantage of the breakfast) and got a good deal to include parking.
If you have vouchers left over you can use them for lots of other things or return them to be credited back to you account ready for the next holiday!

SATURDAY KIDS
28th June 2007, 07:30
Thanks for that everybody, I guess I'm correct in thinking that neither of these two hotels include any form of long stay{2 week } parking, and if so do we have any options with clubcard vouchers, any help much appreciated.

ploverpalace
28th June 2007, 07:57
I'd love to know this too please? Going to book our Florida hol once the next lot of vouchers appear!

SATURDAY KIDS
28th June 2007, 08:23
Plover same with us, where are you thinking of going.

fluffybunny
28th June 2007, 08:26
Travelodge?

theyve got offers on and don't forget quidco!

Maverick
28th June 2007, 08:27
I stayed at the hilton recently and thought it was a dump for the money that you pay, better off at the travel lodge, I reckon, but you pay for the location.

Even all the roses were all dead!

taffyswife
28th June 2007, 08:33
We stayed at the Holiday Inn in May this year.

Don't think you can use your c/c but it was ?109 for a triple room + 2 weeks parking.

There is a bus that runs every 15 mins to the terminals and this costs ?2.50 per adult and ?1.50 per child.

mummytotwo
28th June 2007, 08:35
don't forget if you go with virgin you can check in the night before so park in short stay drop of luggage then go back to your hotel with the car. Following morning you can get on the coach with only your hand luggage while everyone else has loads to carry!

tyroleandancer
28th June 2007, 08:48
We are using the Holiday Inn paid for with priority points. Park and stay was ?196 for 22nd July but can't be paid for with points so we have opted to park at the airport for ?87.

If you do book the Holiday Inn go thru Pigsback for 1000 points. Also sign up to Priority points.

ploverpalace
28th June 2007, 09:25
don't forget if you go with virgin you can check in the night before so park in short stay drop of luggage then go back to your hotel with the car. Following morning you can get on the coach with only your hand luggage while everyone else has loads to carry!

Oooooooh thats good! We're going with Virgin and with 2 kids, this sounds perfect! Thanks x

Nana
28th June 2007, 09:33
Travelodge?

theyve got offers on and don't forget quidco!

We stayed here before our flight at Christmas. It was very good. We drove the car on the morning of our flight to the nearby(half a mile ish) BCP carpark and then they took us to the airport.
At that time you could book BCP through Purple Parking with Tesco Vouchers.

mummytotwo
28th June 2007, 09:44
Oooooooh thats good! We're going with Virgin and with 2 kids, this sounds perfect! Thanks x

I take it you are going to orlando. Am sure virgin do it for most of there far away flights although when threats happen they have stopped the early check in.

iloveholidays100
28th June 2007, 10:32
Look our for the ?15 rooms at Travelodge.

We got one at Gatwick last year in August.

Raffles
28th June 2007, 14:14
Remember that the Holiday Extras website offers good deals on 'hotel plus parking' packages which are very likely to be cheaper than a standard parking spot for 2 weeks! Quidco cashback as well.

Addy
28th June 2007, 14:46
Remember that the Holiday Extras website offers good deals on 'hotel plus parking' packages which are very likely to be cheaper than a standard parking spot for 2 weeks! Quidco cashback as well.

Another vote for www.holidayextras.co.uk

Booked 2 rooms (2 adults, 4 kids) in a Gatwick hotel through them with parking for 2 weeks a few years ago in August for the same price that parking alone would have cost us!

SATURDAY KIDS
28th June 2007, 16:16
Thanks again for the info, another question though ! what is Quidco ? and are these hotel plus parking deals available through Tesco clubcard

Gizmos
28th June 2007, 16:18
checkout the sub Quidco forum here (http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)

its cashback site where when you buy goods from certain suppliers you either get a percentage back or a fixed amount into your Quidco account which will be paid back to you

pinkieplum
28th June 2007, 18:35
We got 2 weeks parking with travel inn. Cost just over ?100 all in all. can't pay with deals though

coupongurl33
11th August 2007, 17:06
Hello - I could almost swear that you can book the gatwick express (from victoria train station) with your cc vouchers as I did see it somewhere - does anybody know about this? and have they done it ? - maybe it was a long time ago that I saw it??

thanks

Raffles
11th August 2007, 18:56
No.

What you CAN do at the moment is either:

a) get 2 tickets for the price of 1 by using the vouchers in Time Out magazine (every issue until early September)
or
b) use code GEXQUE when booking, which gets you a free upgrade to first class. If you travel in first class, you will also be given a pass by the guard to let you use the Fast Track security queue in the airport. (However, this is shut during the afternoon - only morning and evening).

coupongurl33
11th August 2007, 19:22
raffles when does the offer 241 on the tickets expire? thanks

Raffles
12th August 2007, 21:01
Offer is in TO every week until, I think, 10 September.

However, each voucher only last a week, so you need to buy the Time Out that is in the shop on the day you get the tickets.

coupongurl33
13th August 2007, 11:41
ah thanks but I dont go until next year so no good to me :(

Raffles
13th August 2007, 11:45
Note that First Capital Connect trains are substantially cheaper that Gatwick Express anyway. We paid ?8.90 one-way from Gatwick to London Bridge yesterday, compared with ?16-ish on the GEX.

coupongurl33
13th August 2007, 16:06
I did notice that but my youngest Ds is train mad and really wants to go on the gatwick express - so as it will be start of holiday it will be a lovely treat :) - we went to brighton from victoria last week and he saw the gatwick express(I did try to shield his eyes) hence the great desire to do it now!!! lol

Flo
17th August 2007, 14:02
I want to stay at the Gatwick hilton before we fly as it is linked to the south terminal and we can check in the night before with Virgin. I just wanted to know if I can use deals to book 1 night here.

Raffles
17th August 2007, 15:27
If not, there is a Premier Travel Inn about 5 mins walk from the terminal which is certainly no worse.

GraLaur05
18th August 2007, 10:33
Hi there, we are going on holiday to orlando on the 5th of sept .... we are hoping to use our tesco vouchers to pay for the hilton the night before we fly. i haven't received our vouchers from tesco but i have called them and the have assured me they will arrive on Monday. i called the Hilton to make a booking and they asked if i had my vouchers i said no... she told me the tesco price and put my booking on a fully flexible rate that i have to change when i get my tokens. but i will still have to convert the tokens to deals points will they take the booking before the deal points are issued?

has anyone done this before?

when i get the token i can convert them online cant i ?

and then they send them to me is this right ?

thanks

DebbieE
18th August 2007, 10:40
Do they allow a 1 night stay then?

I read on the T&C u have to book a 2-night stay - hope I'm wrong tho' as could use a 1-night next year

GraLaur05
18th August 2007, 10:45
Do they allow a 1 night stay then?

I read on the T&C u have to book a 2-night stay - hope I'm wrong tho' as could use a 1-night next year

not they seemed happy with one night when i called and i talked to hilton direct

Maverick
18th August 2007, 10:53
did you mention you would be using points? As this changes things a lot.

If you decide not to use points I would save your money and go to the Holiday inn, I stayed at the Hilton this year, and thought it was way too expensive.

GraLaur05
18th August 2007, 11:17
did you mention you would be using points? As this changes things a lot.

If you decide not to use points I would save your money and go to the Holiday inn, I stayed at the Hilton this year, and thought it was way too expensive.

Yes, I am using points... Was quoted ?227.95 for a deluxe room, we have enough vouchers to cover this... A free room is better than paying !!! :D

JANED9388
18th August 2007, 12:25
This is interesting, I thought they wouldn't allow stays at the gatwick hilton. I agree it's expensive, but just getting up and walking to the airport is worth quite a lot in my book.

Flo
18th August 2007, 12:28
This what I want to for next year, I can check in with Virgin the night before my flight so I can walk the cases over then and just get up the next morning have breakfast and stroll over to board the plane.

harryboy
18th August 2007, 12:40
The hilton is almost double the price with cc, if you book up 21days in advance you can usually get 2 nights b&b with dinner on the first night for around ?100, try looking on line, then phone the hotel if you get no joy. if i can be of any more help, just let me know.

GraLaur05
18th August 2007, 12:41
This what I want to for next year, I can check in with Virgin the night before my flight so I can walk the cases over then and just get up the next morning have breakfast and stroll over to board the plane.

we are flying with virgin this year and this is our plan as long as my vouchers arrive

harryboy
18th August 2007, 12:43
sorry i thought you were going in october not sept, just looked at the prices and got a shock!

Flo
18th August 2007, 12:44
So you've ordered your hilton deals tokens from Tesco, do you just send these to the hotel your staying at then.

GraLaur05
18th August 2007, 15:05
So you've ordered your hilton deals tokens from Tesco, do you just send these to the hotel your staying at then.

i am still waiting for my cc voucher to come in and the n i need to convert them to deals and then they get sent to me and i send them to the hilton as far as i know ?!

DebbieE
8th September 2007, 14:14
Just thought I'd let u all know - I've just booked parking with Tudor Rose for 10 nights at Gatwick in October & they only charge ?66 - meet & greet is free - a bargain!

http://www.tudorrose.co.uk/About.aspx

Hope this helps others - originally found on another thread a while ago, so credit to that person (who, sadly I can't remember - sorry!)

Addy
8th September 2007, 19:23
Used them last month, they were brilliant. Met us at the airport both ways, and cheaper than anyone else I could find - without the transfer hassle. Recommended highly.

flossycandy
17th September 2007, 10:41
Has anyone booked the Hilton at Gatwick using Deals? Never stayed there before but the rooms look massive. I was just wondering if you get the not so nice rooms as you are paying with Deals?

mummyglass
17th September 2007, 14:16
We are looking at doing this each side of our holiday in June. Mainly for the free parking offer, but also as we don't arrive back until 23.10 and I don't think anyone will want to drive home then. However it does work out very expensive with the deals. So not sure at the moment what to do.

colman
17th September 2007, 14:18
dont think you can use the deals for the night stay car parking - think its only for the hotel stay....unless someone else knows differently..

mummyglass
17th September 2007, 14:28
Thanks for that will phone to find out and then reassess if that is the case.

flossycandy
17th September 2007, 14:52
It says its only for the flexible breakfast and I rang last week for prices and she said they dont release the Tesco prices until 3 months prior!

flossycandy
17th September 2007, 14:54
We didn't use deals but stayed there to use the free 15 nights parking when we had an early flight with Virgin (and checked in and shopped in the terminal the night before ;)).

The room we had was the same size as a travel lodge room and not what I expected at all so I assumed they had different rooms for those using the parking offer. Wasn't really bothered as it served it's purpose but certainly wasn't akin to other Hiltons :rolleyes:

Expensive to eat there so we got a Kentucky bargain bucket from the terminal and sneaked it back to the room ;)

boo x

I guessed that might be the case. OUr breakfast will be included in the package and I think that we would nip into Crawley for something to eat that evening. Thanks for your help. :)

mummyglass
17th September 2007, 15:34
Have had it confirmed that we cannot use them for stay and park so back to the drawing board.

chaffordred
19th September 2007, 23:35
Once you have your Hilton Confirmation number, go onto Hilton.co.uk, enter your confirmation#, your Credit card # and date of stay. You can view AND AMEND your reservation. You can actually amend it to stay in a different room. You *may* be able to change it to include parking.

Dominic
20th September 2007, 19:14
Once you have your Hilton Confirmation number, go onto Hilton.co.uk, enter your confirmation#, your Credit card # and date of stay. You can view AND AMEND your reservation. You can actually amend it to stay in a different room. You *may* be able to change it to include parking.

Fantastic tip - have you tried this and was it ok? I wouldn't want them saying I have amended my booking and it is now chargeable!

Dom

flossycandy
21st September 2007, 08:56
Mmmm...I dont think I will risk it. Thanks for the idea though!

f1girly
29th September 2007, 17:17
Does anyone know if we can use vouchers at any of the secure car parks at Gatwick please, I'm planning ahead for next Aug? If not can anyone recommend any parking companies or hotels/parking packages they have used (that are not likely to take my car on a few hundred miles sprint and leave it at some unsecure parking place). Thanks

Flo
29th September 2007, 18:13
I want to book the hilton at gatwick for the night before our flight, next Aug. How far in advance am I likely to be able to book this?

Grace & Favour
29th September 2007, 18:41
I hate to state the obvious Flo . . but why not just ring them up and ask them? . . (& then you can let us all know!!!)

Flo
29th September 2007, 18:43
I'm not ready to book just yet, might possibly be when the next mailing arrives. Just thought someone else might have booked in advance already.

Dominic
29th September 2007, 20:26
Problem when I spoke to them (American lady) I explained about Douglas IOW not showing any availability for next year. She checked and confirmed (what I already knew) but didn't know when or if it would be available!!!

Best bet to check (sorry if you know this) go onto Hilton.co.uk, enter the details of what you want (hotel, dates etc) and in the promotion box enter PR20TC. It will then state if it is available but you have to click on book to see for sure. It should say (if it is available) the Tesco rates, if not it will say in small print at top if not available. We are sorry, there was no availability for the promotion code you have entered. I've looked at Gatwick for a couple of dates next August and thats what it says....

Hope that helps

Dom

Flo
29th September 2007, 20:50
Yep says promotion not available might have a go at working backwards through the months until I hit an available one which might give me an idea of how long until August is available - I'm so sad!!

flossycandy
29th September 2007, 21:44
When I rang I spoke to someone who said that the prices are only released three months prior. I didn't think that sounded right so DH rang and he was told that the prices for 08 will be realeased in the next few weeks.

Flo
29th September 2007, 23:07
Oooh, I hope so I might have enough to book the Virgin or Cosmos hol and my Hilton night with the Oct/Novs mailing.

SATURDAY KIDS
30th September 2007, 08:52
When I rang I spoke to someone who said that the prices are only released three months prior. I didn't think that sounded right so DH rang and he was told that the prices for 08 will be realeased in the next few weeks.
My experience was similar, I was told by the US call centre that the deals were not available until approx 3 months in advance and it was the Hilton at Gatwick that I was calling about specifically for the night before our flight in April 2008.

jen
30th September 2007, 14:39
For north terminal we use ncp flightpath, they are the most expensive by a few pounds, but they do not move your car you don't give them the keys and there buses are very freqent and the journey is very quick
Plus you can book through quidco using holiday extras.
I am going to check with my OH who we used for south terminal. You can't use vouchers for them.
Other half says we use parking express south for south terminal again you don't have to hand in keys and you can get cashback via quidco.
Again you can't use deals for them.

flossycandy
1st October 2007, 10:22
My experience was similar, I was told by the US call centre that the deals were not available until approx 3 months in advance and it was the Hilton at Gatwick that I was calling about specifically for the night before our flight in April 2008.

We are flying out in April as well! When DH rang last week, she advised him to book a room now (which we have done) and ring back every couple of weeks to check if the Tesco prices are out. If they are then we will be able to swap over. It seems like a very strange way of doing it but we shall see what happens.

Donpacifico
2nd October 2007, 10:00
Is the Clubcard Deals price pulished on Hilton website ? I cant find it . Im flying from Gatwick in December and Hotel would be nice.

flossycandy
2nd October 2007, 10:11
Is the Clubcard Deals price pulished on Hilton website ? I cant find it . Im flying from Gatwick in December and Hotel would be nice.

I believe (but I could well be wrong!) that the deals price is the price for a fully flexible room woth breakfast.

Donpacifico
2nd October 2007, 21:42
Thanks Flossy i will check this out later. Still mulling over what to do . Hotel for night or drive through the night (which i have done before )

SATURDAY KIDS
2nd October 2007, 22:44
We are flying out in April as well! When DH rang last week, she advised him to book a room now (which we have done) and ring back every couple of weeks to check if the Tesco prices are out. If they are then we will be able to swap over. It seems like a very strange way of doing it but we shall see what happens.

Excellent, thanks for that Flossy, did you phone and book via the American call center or via somewhere in the UK, this is something I will look into doing.
Where are you going in April...Florida by chance !

flossycandy
3rd October 2007, 18:45
Excellent, thanks for that Flossy, did you phone and book via the American call center or via somewhere in the UK, this is something I will look into doing.
Where are you going in April...Florida by chance !

DH spoke to an American, it was the number thats given on the Tesco website.

Yes we are going to Florida :D Just slightly excited!! We are flying out on the 26th...how about you?

SATURDAY KIDS
3rd October 2007, 20:36

Yes we are going to Florida :D Just slightly excited!! We are flying out on the 26th...how about you?

Fantastic Flossy, first one to the pool put the towels out !!
We're staying at the Regal Palms and going out on the 19th and staying {hopefully} at the Hilton on the 18th. I do not know who is the more exited Us or the kids. Have you done your car and insurance yet ?

SATURDAY KIDS
3rd October 2007, 20:56
I forgot to ask Flossy, did you already have your deals vouchers ready with you before you booked, as I assumed that the booking process is the same as booking with Virgin ie you can't book now and pay later.

flossycandy
4th October 2007, 09:04
I forgot to ask Flossy, did you already have your deals vouchers ready with you before you booked, as I assumed that the booking process is the same as booking with Virgin ie you can't book now and pay later.

Nope...its all a bit strange and Im not convinced that we will get what we want. DH was advised just to book a room as usual which at the moment is coming up at ?199 plus taxes. She told him to ring every couple of weeks and check if the Tesco prices have been released. If they have, then we can just swap over. They havent actually taken any money, they just take your credit card details so Im not really sure whats going to happen.

flossycandy
4th October 2007, 09:10
Fantastic Flossy, first one to the pool put the towels out !!
We're staying at the Regal Palms and going out on the 19th and staying {hopefully} at the Hilton on the 18th. I do not know who is the more exited Us or the kids. Have you done your car and insurance yet ?

I am, by far, much more excited than the kids! We have been talking about it for so long that the kids have switched off and I guess it doesn't seem very real to them. I am a bit nervous as well as the kids have never flown and I have only flown once but Im sure we will all be ok.

As for car hire....we have just booked everything through Virgin. We just wanted to make things as easy as possible for us. I know that you pay more, but just for my own sanity and peace of mind I thought this was the best option.

Dominic
11th October 2007, 09:20
I believe (but I could well be wrong!) that the deals price is the price for a fully flexible room woth breakfast.

Be very careful. The availability is VERY limited for the Tesco Deals. If you read back through this thread I have explained how to check this online. If you enter the code and check availability it will show you clearly the Tesco Deals rates with that at the top if they are available. You need to click the book button (can get out of it without booking so don't worry!) because if you enter the code, and your dates, it will say there is availability but until you click the 'book' button it won't say whether it is available for the Deals or whether it si simply available to pay for. YES it is available, but more often than not will say not available for the promotion code you have entered because it seems that they only have one or two bookings per hotel per day on the promotional rate!

Dom

Wondergirly
11th October 2007, 10:17
Don't know if this will help, but just for your info;

On the 8th September I booked Hilton Gatwick 30th December and Waldorf Hilton London 15th/16th January.

When I rang late August neither of those dates were available on Tesco deals.

flossycandy
11th October 2007, 12:24
Be very careful. The availability is VERY limited for the Tesco Deals. If you read back through this thread I have explained how to check this online. If you enter the code and check availability it will show you clearly the Tesco Deals rates with that at the top if they are available. You need to click the book button (can get out of it without booking so don't worry!) because if you enter the code, and your dates, it will say there is availability but until you click the 'book' button it won't say whether it is available for the Deals or whether it si simply available to pay for. YES it is available, but more often than not will say not available for the promotion code you have entered because it seems that they only have one or two bookings per hotel per day on the promotional rate!

Dom

Yes I thought that would be the case. I do check everyday to see if the prices come up and as soon as they do I will ring. At the end of the day, if we cant get one then we will just cancel what they have booked for us and travel up the morning before rather than stay the night. We only live about 45 mins from Gatwick so its no big deal really.

harryboy
13th October 2007, 03:44
you can book a hilton hotel up to a year in advance

SATURDAY KIDS
13th October 2007, 21:44
I think the real question is 'how far in advance can we book the Hilton using the Tesco rate'.....which seems to be around 3months in advance

LauraFoster
16th October 2007, 08:30

:)We are flying out to Florida on the 25th April! Hoping to book the Gatwick hilton soon :)

mhoc
16th October 2007, 09:29
Don't know if this will help, but just for your info;

On the 8th September I booked Hilton Gatwick 30th December and Waldorf Hilton London 15th/16th January.

When I rang late August neither of those dates were available on Tesco deals.

Very interested that you had booked the waldorf, how much did it cost in deals?

taffyswife
25th October 2007, 12:26
Can anyone help me - I want to book one night + 15 days parking at a hotel near Gatwick for May 2008.

It was wondering if there are any hotels where I can use deals vouchers to do this?

many thanks

Miss Wetwipe
25th October 2007, 12:32
Not sure about Deals but I stayed at the Gatwick Worth for my overnight accommodation and parking in September. Whole lot was only ?80 and it was rather nice! :D

taffyswife
25th October 2007, 12:35
Not sure about Deals but I stayed at the Gatwick Worth for my overnight accommodation and parking in September. Whole lot was only ?80 and it was rather nice! :D

Thanks, will have a look at it later.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn this year was ?109 for 3 of us + parking, have got a quote for next year and at the moment is will be ?199:eek:.

Miss Wetwipe
25th October 2007, 12:38

Oh, and it was for 15 days parking too !

taffyswife
25th October 2007, 12:41
Do they have 24 hour courtesy buses to the airport?

Our flight is at 7.05am (have paid for seats together) so have to be booked in by 5.30am.

karen007
25th October 2007, 12:46
We stayed at the Arora hotel with 15 days free parking - I think it was about ?90. It is a lovely hotel - recently built. 4* & it shows. It has the courtesy bus (from 5am I think - but phone to check)- having said that there is a small charge... It is in Crawley - about a 10 min drive away from airport. Can thoroughly recommend it. It is in walking distance (3 mins) of a large shopping Mall for food & shops. The hotel also has good resteraunts. The rooms are large & of a high standard & the bathrooms lovely. I went through Rpoints - sadly not available through CC deals though - good luck with your choice :)

taffyswife
25th October 2007, 12:51
We stayed at the Arora hotel with 15 days free parking - I think it was about ?90. It is a lovely hotel - recently built. 4* & it shows. It has the courtesy bus (from 5am I think - but phone to check)- having said that there is a small charge... It is in Crawley - about a 10 min drive away from airport. Can thoroughly recommend it. It is in walking distance (3 mins) of a large shopping Mall for food & shops. The hotel also has good resteraunts. The rooms are large & of a high standard & the bathrooms lovely. I went through Rpoints - sadly not available through CC deals though - good luck with your choice :)

Thanks - have just tried to get a quote, but they are fully booked on the night we want:(. Would have been ?133 for the three of us + 15 days parking.

Miss Wetwipe
25th October 2007, 12:57
Do they have 24 hour courtesy buses to the airport?

Our flight is at 7.05am (have paid for seats together) so have to be booked in by 5.30am.

Yup, when you check in the on the night you book your place on the bus...I think they run every half hour - and then coming back you just dial a free number from a phone and they come and collect you. Couldn't fault them and would definitely use again!

chirpy007
25th October 2007, 13:04
Try www.holidayextras.co.uk we have booked with them twice now. Lots of different hotels to choose from.Ours was ?99 for 2 ad 2 ch and 15 days parking.

taffyswife
25th October 2007, 13:04
Yup, when you check in the on the night you book your place on the bus...I think they run every half hour - and then coming back you just dial a free number from a phone and they come and collect you. Couldn't fault them and would definitely use again!

Thanks for you help - they are quoting ?90 including the parking - will show Taffy tonight.:)

Ladyshopper
25th October 2007, 13:05
I need a 2 rooms but no parking, any ideas? Can get travelodge for ?29 each, do you think its worth holding out til nearer time to see if they release any more at ?19?

taffyswife
25th October 2007, 13:06
Try www.holidayextras.co.uk we have booked with them twice now. Lots of different hotels to choose from.Ours was ?99 for 2 ad 2 ch and 15 days parking.

Thanks - will have a look tonight with Taffy.:)

Gavvy
25th October 2007, 15:40
Remember holidayextras are on Quidco!

JANED9388
16th December 2007, 08:10
anyone know if there is anywhere to eat at gatwick that you can use your vouchers, either north or south terminal, but before security. We're doing late night check in and staying at the Hilton (thanks to Mr T.)

sammybear
16th December 2007, 08:13
I know at manchester airport you cant use your vouchers to eat. It excludes airport restaraunts ie: kfc.

someone correct me if im wrong, it could be different at lgw.

x

papworth
16th December 2007, 11:15
if you look onthe Gatwick website it will tell you what shops/restaurants there are before and after security at both terminals. It even has a map in pdf. You then need to look at the tesco site to check vouchers are accepted at Gatwick

JANED9388
16th December 2007, 13:54
thanks all for the help, I already checked the web sites, I was just hoping someone knew something different - Looks like I might have to pay for dinner - eek !

Raffles
16th December 2007, 15:09
There's not a huge amount of food options before security at Gatwick, to be honest, in either terminal - they don't want to encourage you to hang around before going through security. There is a M&S in one of the terminals so you could always stock up on relatively healthy wraps etc in there.

JANED9388
17th December 2007, 06:31
healty ! - it's the first day of the holiday. No diets for 14 days - think it'll be either weatherspoons or frankie and benny's as usual.

moonriver
17th December 2007, 06:50
thanks all for the help, I already checked the web sites, I was just hoping someone knew something different - Looks like I might have to pay for dinner - eek !

it's a real shock to the system having to pay for meals out isn't it. I even resent paying the tip now.

Jayne070
17th December 2007, 08:17
We are too going on holiday today from Gatwick and there is a place called Garfunkles in the South terminal, so we thought we would try there it would make a change from Frankie and Bennies ... Have a lovely holiday..:plane:

Flo
24th December 2007, 11:00
Hilton has become available now to book in Aug with cc vouchers. So now we need to think about parking its ?150 with Gatwick as we need 18 days parking. I have tried getting train quotes from Newport to London but its too far in advance. Has anyone got experience of Wales to Gatwick by train, is it likely to be cheaper than ?150 and is it awkward?

Maverick
24th December 2007, 11:24
Flo use Purple parking through Quidco and use code tipo. I am sure it will be a lot less than that and 10% cashback.

Just done mine ?20.00 for 9 days!

ruthie
24th December 2007, 11:24
Flo, I've travelled by train from Port Talbot to Gatwick twice in the last year and it was great, would definitely do it again, especially if you're on long haul flights.
Train to Reading, then change to Gatwick (or you can go via London) - think it was about 4 hours, but you're probably going to take that long driving anyway if not more depending on traffic. I would definitely do it by train again, we were lucky when we went as we got 1/2 price tickets through Scotrail - MSE and HDUK normally notify when the offers are on.
Just had a quick check now and you can get from Cardiff to Gatwick for ?25 return (but buying 2 singles if you see what I mean as this works out cheaper than buying a return ticket).

Maverick
24th December 2007, 11:29
Done a quick quote for you and its ?119 minus cashback ?107.00 so not that cheap, thats 18 days in August.

flossycandy
24th December 2007, 12:57
Hilton has become available now to book in Aug with cc vouchers. So now we need to think about parking its ?150 with Gatwick as we need 18 days parking. I have tried getting train quotes from Newport to London but its too far in advance. Has anyone got experience of Wales to Gatwick by train, is it likely to be cheaper than ?150 and is it awkward?

I would leave it for a little while if I was you. We are going away in April and a few months ago I looked that the BAA website for prices on parking just so I would have a rough idea on prices.

Anyway, I finally booked it a couple of weeks ago and the prices have all gone down by quite a lot. We are staying at the Hilton so we have booked the short stay carpark thats next door. The price it gave me a few months ago was something like ?240...when we booked the price had gone down to ?108! :D

I dont understand how they work out their prices but just keeping checking!

Flo
24th December 2007, 14:44
Flo, I've travelled by train from Port Talbot to Gatwick twice in the last year and it was great, would definitely do it again, especially if you're on long haul flights.
Train to Reading, then change to Gatwick (or you can go via London) - think it was about 4 hours, but you're probably going to take that long driving anyway if not more depending on traffic. I would definitely do it by train again, we were lucky when we went as we got 1/2 price tickets through Scotrail - MSE and HDUK normally notify when the offers are on.
Just had a quick check now and you can get from Cardiff to Gatwick for ?25 return (but buying 2 singles if you see what I mean as this works out cheaper than buying a return ticket).

So the total for 3 of us would be ?75, if there's an offer on when we want to go.

Flo
24th December 2007, 14:46
Thanks for replies everyone, I looked at coach too, but thats over ?100 and I couldn't stand DD on a coach for almost 4-5 hours. Is it really 4 hours by train, I've never been to Gatwick by train only to Paddington and thats about 90 min.

wallsendmag
24th December 2007, 21:21
Someone mention train journeys:) Dead easy to Gatwick from south Wales go to Reading and change there for Gatwick much easier than crossing from Paddington to Victoria .

ruthie
24th December 2007, 22:01
So the total for 3 of us would be ?75, if there's an offer on when we want to go.

Flo I just tried random dates in February as you can only book 3 months in advance, and this wasn't an offer price, just the normal price that came up. It was about 3 1/2 hours from Cardiff including one change. Where will you be going from?
We got the National Express from Heathrow a couple of weeks back, train was double the price at the time, had just missed an offer too. The bus was a nightmare, 5 hours was a killer after an overnight flight from the states.

Flo
27th December 2007, 00:23
From Newport, so next stop from Cardiff. Seems like the change at reading is the best bet to get to Victoria for the Gatwick Express.

Flo
27th December 2007, 00:31
Just looked on national rail website and they are showing a service with great western from Newport to Gatwick with 1 change at reading - its showing reading to gatwick straight through no changes, is this right?

tanner833
27th December 2007, 01:27
I just did a quick calculation on the train site, and you can get fares from as little as ?66 return, for 3 adults to Gatwick from Newport, changing once at Reading, though the example i chose was in Feb, but if you book 10 or 12 weeks in advance you should pick up a good deal.

tanner833
27th December 2007, 01:28
Lol Flo, great minds eh...:)

Flo
27th December 2007, 10:46
Much cheaper than parking, DD will enjoy it, I can sit on my own if they get on my nerves, no driving tired for OH or arguing over stopping for loo breaks.

Just wanted to ask am I limited to the time train I book - what happens if we are delayed on the flight?

chirpy007
27th December 2007, 20:55
Flo use Purple parking through Quidco and use code tipo. I am sure it will be a lot less than that and 10% cashback.

Just done mine ?20.00 for 9 days!

Great code, will they question and how long is it valid for. I want to use it for Nov 08 aswell as Jan

Maverick
27th December 2007, 21:00
not sure but its a fab code 50% discount!

get a quote for november now, although price may go down again.

huntsu1
27th December 2007, 21:08
Just looked on national rail website and they are showing a service with great western from Newport to Gatwick with 1 change at reading - its showing reading to gatwick straight through no changes, is this right?

Reading to Gatwick is a direct line - no changes although it gets pretty crowded at times as it stops at a number of stations. I live just 5 mins walk from oneonf the stations on that line - Blackwater :)

chirpy007
27th December 2007, 21:21
not sure but its a fab code 50% discount!

get a quote for november now, although price may go down again.

Jan is coming out really cheap, Nov ?60 quid but still cheaper than i have ever found elsewhere, thanks again :D

ruthie
27th December 2007, 23:18

Yes just the 1 change at Reading, I think you have to change platform at Reading when you're going to Gatwick, but on the way back you just have to walk in a straight line from one platform to the other, no stairs or anything. Its great when you can get on the train, switch off and not worry about driving or traffic jams.

I tend to book a train later than the one I need. If my plane comes in on time then I just hop on the next train, if the conductor says anything (which they never have), I'd just try and blag my way through, if they get @rsey I'll just say fine I'll get off and wait for the next train.

Flo
28th December 2007, 00:38
That was my only worry now that you have to book a time to travel - worried that I'll miss my train back. There is a flyaway ticket that great western do but its going to be ?100 plus. So the cheapest way is the singles.

suzanneg
10th February 2008, 09:38
Can anyone give me a little advice? We are traveling to Turkey for 2 weeks from end July (thanks Mr T!:D) OH wants to drive and leave car while we're away. Before at Stanstead I parked and paid with CC vouchers but I know they don't do that anymore so does anyone know what's my best bet, any discounts around at mo etc?
TIA

DebbieE
10th February 2008, 13:07
I found Tudorparking 1 of the cheapest & they include free meet & greet service. It cost us about ?55 for 10 nights.

Other option is to stay at a hotel overnight & most include parking. Not sure anymore with deals as some u have to stay 2 nights over the weeken (I think).

We did stay at nice hotel a few years ago - Millenium Copthorne Effingham Park which included parking. Might try them again this year.

HTH

Adzha
10th February 2008, 13:12
Try Purpleparking very cheap prices and 10% quidco :)
You get 12.5% discount for free membership aswell

deviouslysarcastic
10th February 2008, 13:23
If you're off on hols why not get a BAA Worldpoints (https://www.loyaltydata.co.uk/BAA/BAAWPHome.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fbaa%2fContent%2fhome.a spx) card.

In a nutshell you get points for mostly anything you spend at a BAA airport.
Points can be converted to discount parking, gift vouchers etc.

blurb...

"If you are a regular traveller, joining WorldPoints should be next on your flight path.

You can collect WorldPoints on almost everything you buy at BAA's 7 UK airports, then exchange them for a range of rewards, including airport shopping vouchers, exclusive member offers and discounts.

So join today and we will credit your account with 100 complementary WorldPoints to get you started."

If you don't fly often, pass the card around the family or office.

Raffles
10th February 2008, 17:31
Often cheaper to book a hotel through Holiday Extras (via quidco) and get 15 days free parking in their car park. Car also less likely to be trashed by an employee of a parking company this way!

suzanneg
10th February 2008, 17:44
Thanks everyone for the ideas - I live only approx 10-15 miles from Gatwick so won't need an hotel. I have found on-site parking at Gatwick ?46 with Holiday Extras (going through Quidco get some extra back as well!) so think I may well go with that?

Ladyshopper
10th February 2008, 17:48
Could you not get a taxi there an back for cheaper than that?

suzanneg
10th February 2008, 18:17
Doh!! Just rechecked and it must have not clicked on the date properly, that price was for one week, for the 2 weeks it's ?67.50. So still looking for anything cheaper (but not banking on finding it!).
Will also look at getting a taxi but there'll be 6 of us and last time I think it cost ?30-40 one way!!

NitWit
10th February 2008, 18:37
We have always used APH (http://www.aph.com/information/airport-parking.htm) if you are with the AA they also offer a discount if you go through the AA website. Hopefully they will give you a good quote.

Looks like they are also on Quidco now too, 7%.

taffyswife
10th February 2008, 18:50
Have always used APH too, if we just need parking.

Adzha
10th February 2008, 19:03
Have you run your dates through purple parking and aph?

suzanneg
10th February 2008, 19:07
yes, they're all coming out at ?67.50 :( can't find any discount codes, don't belong to AA, nothing :noidea:

NitWit
10th February 2008, 19:19
What's the specific dates?

suzanneg
10th February 2008, 19:25
8am 28/07- 10.30pm 11/08 :)

NitWit
10th February 2008, 19:56
Looks like ?67.50 is the cheapest.... don't forget Quidco.

Is there some kind of shuttle or train link close?

Adzha
23rd February 2008, 16:44
Did you use a company in the end?
Just wondering who you used as I might be looking at booking some parking, used purple parking last time.

Addy
23rd February 2008, 17:36
I found Tudorparking 1 of the cheapest & they include free meet & greet service. It cost us about ?55 for 10 nights.

Other option is to stay at a hotel overnight & most include parking. Not sure anymore with deals as some u have to stay 2 nights over the weeken (I think).

We did stay at nice hotel a few years ago - Millenium Copthorne Effingham Park which included parking. Might try them again this year.

HTH

Can second Debbie's suggestion for Tudor Parking - used them last August and recommend highly. Convenience of dropping the car off and picking it up again from the terminal is brilliant.

Have also in the past found a hotel/parking facility via holiday-extras which was nearly the same price as parking alone.

MrsTom
23rd February 2008, 19:20
Used Cophall Farm last year when we went to Eygpt - very happy with service and they were the cheapest.

jenchin
24th February 2008, 19:55
We are flying from Gatwick to Zante 31st July for 2 weeks, we are coming up ?67.00 as well. How do you know which Terminal you are going from?

Gizmos
24th February 2008, 19:56
who are you flying with - suspect it could be the South Terminal

jenchin
24th February 2008, 20:00
Monarch.

Thanks Giz

jenchin
24th February 2008, 20:03
We were flying from Stansted, 10 mins up the road, but they have cancelled the flights and rescheduled to Gatwick. Apparently its not a major change:eek:

We have just noticed the flights supplements from Stans are ?49 per person, from Gatwick flight supplements is ?19 per person, so am I right in thinking we should be getting a rebate of ?30 x 5, because theres 5 of us?

Gizmos
24th February 2008, 20:04
yup looks like south

Which Terminal at Gatwick (http://www.gatwickairport.com/portal/page/LGW%5EFlight+Information%5EWhich+Terminal%3F/)

Gizmos
24th February 2008, 20:04
We were flying from Stansted, 10 mins up the road, but they have cancelled the flights and rescheduled to Gatwick. Apparently its not a major change:eek:

We have just noticed the flights supplements from Stans are ?49 per person, from Gatwick flight supplements is ?19 per person, so am I right in thinking we should be getting a rebate of ?30 x 5, because theres 5 of us?

i would say so yes

jenchin
24th February 2008, 20:14
Thanks Giz

Flo
27th February 2008, 18:28
I am booked DBB and I believe dinner is buffet style with a carvery. Has anyone had this before? Was it nice? Can you tell I haven't had my tea yet, lol?

Maverick
27th February 2008, 18:30
Its not bad at all, lots of different starters and puds to choose from and roasts and a few different meals on the carvery. I normally hate carvery but it was certainly passable/quite good

Flo
27th February 2008, 18:32
Ooh, yummy yummy, waiting for DD to go to bed before having a takeaway and all I can think of is food.

Were the deserts really nice, I'm a big pudding fan. Also love roasties could you help yourself to the roasties.

Maverick
27th February 2008, 18:36
I think so, the puds were nice I think I had a pannacotta or creme caramel, the best bit was the puds and starters IMO, as I dont really like carvery meat (overcooked for me) and roasties like them really crispy and straight out of the oven, crunchy, I find carvery ones too soggy.
But as carverys go it was very good. I am a pedantic foodie! LOL!

Wondergirly
27th February 2008, 18:40
Ooh, yummy yummy, waiting for DD to go to bed before having a takeaway and all I can think of is food.

Were the deserts really nice, I'm a big pudding fan. Also love roasties could you help yourself to the roasties.

We were there end of December and there were certainly plenty of roasties! The chef served the carved meat but there were also a couple of other meat dishes, chops and something else. Helped ourselves to lots of different veggies.

As to the puddings, I seem to remember they were really good; I can even recall I may have eaten 3 different ones :eek:.............

Hope it is as nice when you go!

pollyanna_11
27th February 2008, 22:28
We All liked it! Very nice!

nixieh
27th February 2008, 23:36
Another vote in favour here, we all really enjoyed both our dinner and breakfast at the Hilton, I seem to remember the desserts were yummy.

Kina
28th February 2008, 15:38
Lol Flo you make me laugh!

flossycandy
28th February 2008, 16:42
How much is a Carvery meal?

Flo
28th February 2008, 19:42
I think ?23.95 each:eek: but it was included in our 1 night price ?157.

flossycandy
29th February 2008, 11:26
I think ?23.95 each:eek: but it was included in our 1 night price ?157.

I think I leave that then!

collector
29th February 2008, 22:28
If you really fancy a carvery and still have your car then I can highly recommend the local Toby Inn right near Gatwick. We use it when we stay at the Travel Lodge (have only ever paid a maxium of ?26.00 for 4 of us in a family room), and we also normally use a token from the Newspaper for Carvery and Ice Cream Sundae for a ?5.00.

CrystalTips
11th April 2008, 23:07
Hi all,

Going away for a few days from 24th April & will be needing to stay somewhere near Gatwick ariport overnight & be able to leave the car there until Sunday 27th April.

We have never done this before so any advise would be great. Would be good if I could use some deals, but not necessary.

I hope someone can help. Otherwise I will be surf the net from now until we leave & will probably not be any of the wiser :p

Thanks all.

CT x :love:

Gizmos
11th April 2008, 23:09
which terminal are you going from - do you need accommodation on 24th?

CrystalTips
11th April 2008, 23:11
Oh Giz, I'll have to check the terminal, as hubby doesn't know (burk!) :rolleyes:

Yes the accommodation will be on the 24th.

Gizmos
11th April 2008, 23:12
who you flying with >>>

rainbow
11th April 2008, 23:13
We have an overnight stay at a travelodge............got it for ?29. It's a mile from Gatwick and you can check-in your luggage at GW the day before (twilight check-in from noon). I've never done it before but been reading about it.

CrystalTips
11th April 2008, 23:19
Sorry Giz, I have no idea. I will have to check what flights are to croatia after 11am (checking 9am - 11am)

Rainbow, hubby said he had checked travelodge & they don't allow you to park there. Are you leaving the car there?

rainbow
11th April 2008, 23:24
No, we're flying into Gatwick, staying over, and off to Florida next day. Didn't know about the parking, sorry.

CrystalTips
11th April 2008, 23:29
No worries Rainbow.

Addy
11th April 2008, 23:40
I did a search through www.holidayextras.co.uk and found a hotel for ?99 for two double rooms plus parking for one car for the period you stated. Go via Quidco too for up to 7% cashback.

CrystalTips
12th April 2008, 00:05
Thanks Addy I'll have a look. Yeah I found the one for Russ Hill, but I think it's not rated very well at all, so not sure about that one. But will look at some of the others.

Addy
12th April 2008, 01:49
Ooooh dear, just read the reviews on tripadvisor for Russ Hill :eek:

If it's any help, we stayed recently in the Corner House hotel and found it to be very good value (booked through laterooms.com and got it at a reduced rate).

chirpy007
12th April 2008, 07:53
You could do the TL as said and then use Puprple Parking, its about 10 mins form the TL and then they drop you at the airport and then pick you up when you get back. There was a code for a discount on PP l will see if i can find it.

There is also a small B&B just down the road called Lowefield Farm, quite good rates, you leave the car there and they will drop you off and pick you up.

Its a bit twee but it was very clean.

www.lowfieldfarm.co.uk

or you can root through the www.holidayextras.co.uk for other hotels and parking, there are quite a few on that site.

I found 2 codes E27T or TIPO you could also sign up as a member for discount as well.

dont forget QUIDCO !!!!!!

taffyswife
12th April 2008, 07:56
Thanks Addy I'll have a look. Yeah I found the one for Russ Hill, but I think it's not rated very well at all, so not sure about that one. But will look at some of the others.

We stayed at the Russ Hill a few years ago - wouldn't stay there again.

We have rooms booked at Gatwick Worth this year (going next month).

We did stay at the Holiday Inn last year, that was really nice (?109 for three off us + 15 days parking).

chirpy007
12th April 2008, 08:05
The best discount seems to be E27T (well for me anyway :D)

Ladyshopper
12th April 2008, 08:20
I'm sure I read on the site it is ?3 a day to park at Gatwick Travelodge. I'm booked in there, although am not taking car.

chirpy007
12th April 2008, 08:23
I'm sure I read on the site it is ?3 a day to park at Gatwick Travelodge. I'm booked in there, although am not taking car.

I think that might be for the day, some charge. I have stayed there twice and never neen allowed to park, they dont really have the room.;)

CrystalTips
12th April 2008, 10:13
As usual you gals are super. Well I finally found the flight details, well I didn't a very lovely excellent wonderful super friend I chat to from here did. You know who you are & have a whooping big GOLD star & if I find a post a rep too.

So I looked through some of the hotels & first one that came up was the Russ Hill one. After reading the comments I decided not to go any futher. :eek: So really grateful that you have confirmed that Jo. Thanks hun.

Eyes were a little heavy by the time I finished last night (well nearly 2 this morning, poor old thing) so will check out the Corner House, Addy.

Chripy007, your a little star I will indeed have a look at PP & the local B&B, twee's fine by me, much better than unclean & nasty IYSWIM.

Reps all round gals. So off now to have another look around.

If anyone has any hotels/B&B's we should avoid as Jo (Taffyswife) has said, please tell.

A very grateful. CT :love::love::love:

del01
12th April 2008, 11:10
Crystaltips

I don't know if this is on any use but I've used a B&B for several years called Little foxes. They do onsite parking and various sized rooms ie family with 4 beds etc.

It's not overly posh but very clean and reasonably priced (although it is popular so can get booked up quickly)

Not sure I post post the email addy here but if you want it just pm me.

Good Luck..It'll all be worth it when you are having a lovely time:)

CrystalTips
12th April 2008, 11:40
Del01. Pm'd you. Thank you for that, wonderful stuff well deserved Rep!

CT xXx

suzanneg
27th April 2008, 18:57
Oh why am I so stupid!!!
I ended up not booking, decided to leave it for a while and see if anything came up so have just remembered and started looking again and something has come up - the prices! It's now quoting everywhere at ?92.30 on airport parking cheapest :eek: ?25ish more!
Woe is me :(

scrumpyjane
27th April 2008, 19:26
Used Cophall Farm last year when we went to Eygpt - very happy with service and they were the cheapest.

We used them last year and was very pleased with the service. They took us straight to the terminal with no waiting around and picked us up promptly. Very friendly drivers too.

Adzha
27th April 2008, 20:02
Try Purple Parking, even if they quote the same, being a member gets you 12.5% off IIRC.

Website seems to not be working properly tonight

Adzha
27th April 2008, 20:04
Parking4less has ?89.95 at an airparks

fairystix
27th April 2008, 20:21
Don't you know anybody who would take you for the price of the petrol plus a little extra for their bother....friends, relations, etc?

suzanneg
27th April 2008, 21:36
Don't you know anybody who would take you for the price of the petrol plus a little extra for their bother....friends, relations, etc?

Trouble is there's 6 of us so although one of our friends has a people carrier by the time we all get in there'll not be enough room for the luggage :(

wolves
17th May 2008, 22:49
Hi

Have booked the V Room ready for our departure in October to Florida.
Has anyone used it and is it worth it?

Just wondering as we're stopping the night before and didn't know if to use Twilight check in, then have a breakfast at the hotel then go direct to departures and cancel the V room, or what to do?!

Any advice greatly appreciated as I want to book the hotel at Gatwick asap!!! :D

Thanks!

rainbow
17th May 2008, 22:51
Did you have to pay for the Vroom wolves? Or was it included in the booking? Just wondering as we're hoping to use it too.

chirpy007
17th May 2008, 23:03
Never had the V room but always do TCI and would highly recommened. No q's, very quiet...excellent start to the holiday :D

DebbieE
17th May 2008, 23:14
Translate - I don't understand??? :confused:

chirpy007
17th May 2008, 23:18
Translate - I don't understand??? :confused:

What you not understanding ;) :D

rainbow
17th May 2008, 23:19
The Vroom is an exclusive room with special facilities. TCI is twilight check in at Gatwick..........means you can check in your bags from noon the day before you fly and you don't have to be there so early next day.

DebbieE
17th May 2008, 23:20
What's a Vroom (noise a car makes? Lol) & TCI - I take it summat check in but I've had a bottle of cava so don't know much at the mo :o

DebbieE
17th May 2008, 23:21
Ah - thx Rainbow - what 'special facilities' do u get then?

rainbow
17th May 2008, 23:22
Dono, I've never even been to Gatwick, lol! Will be in Oct though :)

rainbow
17th May 2008, 23:23
Just found this -

http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/extras/airport_lounges/info/lounges_clubhouse/vroom.aspx

DebbieE
17th May 2008, 23:30
Got the hump now - I'm going with Cosmos not Virgin :(

chirpy007
17th May 2008, 23:30
TCI is twilight check in , you take your luggage and check it in at Gatwick the night before your flight. All you have to do the next morning is turn up, avoid the hefty q's and go straight through to security :D

Gavvy
17th May 2008, 23:36
V ROOM
======
This is a lounge you can book through virgin holidays for ?15 pp. It gives you a place to relax away from the crowds while waiting for your flight. Soft drinks and hot food are included in the price.

TWILIGHT CHECKIN
==============

If you are flying on Vrgin Atlantic, you may check your cases in between 12pm and 9pm the day before your flight. All passengers must be present and you will give up your cases at this time.

Hope this helps!

chirpy007
17th May 2008, 23:40
Also as a Virgin customer dont forget you can check in your luggage at Downtown disney (os Cirque) , free for Virgin holidays and was ?5 pp for those on Virgin flights. The times are 8am-1pm. Frees up most of your last day and you havent got to lug it all round with you.

Gavvy
18th May 2008, 00:06
Also as a Virgin customer dont forget you can check in your luggage at Downtown disney (os Cirque) , free for Virgin holidays and was ?5 pp for those on Virgin flights. The times are 8am-1pm. Frees up most of your last day and you havent got to lug it all round with you.

Yep its $10 per person- Cash only, or free if your a virgin holidays customer, flying upper class or a gold card flyingclub member.

I did this check in on Wed this week it aves having to cart your luggage around on the last day.

wolves
18th May 2008, 14:02
Did you have to pay for the Vroom wolves? Or was it included in the booking? Just wondering as we're hoping to use it too.

Yes it was ?15 adult and ?10 children, but free with Platinum hotels.

Just can't find anyone who's been yet! I'd thought it was ideal as we have 3 sons and would keep them amused before the flight, then read about twilight check in so we wouldn't need to be there so early, so don't know whether to cancel it.

Decisions decisions!

littlemissnaughty
18th May 2008, 14:35
We have booked to use it. Haven't got a clue what it will be like as it isn't open yet, think it opens in June.:D

dingaling
18th May 2008, 15:19
We got free tickets for the v-room but were departing a month too early to use it:(. I would use the twilight check-in then use the v-room too. The kids will like itm there's play station etc in it isnt there? Better than waiting around in the hotel?

bondboy
18th May 2008, 15:46
If you book a Virgin holiday with a platinum hotel you get the V Room for free.

Ladyshopper
18th May 2008, 16:57
I got a leaflet fro free entry to V room, but by the time I got round to phoning up to book it, it was full up. :mad:

la60
18th May 2008, 17:16
If you book a Virgin holiday with a platinum hotel you get the V Room for free.

We got ours free when we booked the Wynn in LV - but unfortunately we dont go until Nov so after OP. You probably wont find many real reviews on it as think its just new

Gavvy
18th May 2008, 22:46
The V-room is not yet opened, was due to open may 1st but has been put back to june at least. Its using the old contentinal lounge.

I am unsure if VH wil continue to offer the Virgin atlantic clubhouse after this time, I love this place as it covers booze also - athough is more expensive t ?35 but I get good value:D

wolves
19th May 2008, 09:34
The V-room is not yet opened, was due to open may 1st but has been put back to june at least. Its using the old contentinal lounge.

THanks, it said in the brochure "early spring" which is why I thought it was up and running!

Shall have to wait a bit longer!

sammybear
19th May 2008, 09:51
THanks, it said in the brochure "early spring" which is why I thought it was up and running!

Shall have to wait a bit longer!

I sent letters to people recently through work advising that the Vroom will be open now on the 9th June.

S:)

postiepaula
19th May 2008, 17:56
i would weigh up your flight time...i did look into it but to get full use of it i would have to bust a gut to get there to make full use of it.and as we fly at 11am what meal would be eating then?
not to mention the meal you get on the plane a couple of hours into the flight..and we do love looking at the duty free shops..

angelic
24th May 2008, 21:19
Please can anyone recommend Gatwick car parking for a week duration Monday to Monday in early June?

I am asking on behalf of my parents who are needing this facility and haven't done it before.
They would prefer to be close to the airport. I know the area around Gatwick so would know places if anyone has any recommendations, TIA :)

NitWit
24th May 2008, 21:25
We always use APH (http://www.aph.com) for off site parking. I think there was a thread a while back where someone found a cheaper on for Gatwick. I will have a search :)

Found it: http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26863&highlight=gatwick+parking

HIH's :)

angelic
24th May 2008, 22:21
We always use APH (http://www.aph.com) for off site parking. I think there was a thread a while back where someone found a cheaper on for Gatwick. I will have a search :)

Found it: http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26863&highlight=gatwick+parking

HIH's :)

Many thanks Nitwit, will rep you in a mo :)

My post got moved as I posted in the wrong place so I'll search through here when I have time tomorrow :)

NitWit
24th May 2008, 22:47
No worries, whoever you use, don't forget your cashback sites :)

GemLou
24th May 2008, 23:45
link not there now, help please as need for august many thabnks gemlou xx

Aims1982
24th May 2008, 23:55
We used http://parking.essentialtravel.co.uk/ (via quidco for 10% cashback) for parking at Gatwick South, option Parking Express South It was really easy to find and is very secure. It's on-site and buses come around regularly. It's on the ringroad around the airport. When parking we got a ticket at the entrance parked, got on the bus and when to the terminal. Then on the way back, got the bus and went back to the car put the ticket in the at the barrier and away we went. Cannot praise enough.

Gavvy
25th May 2008, 00:04
I always use holidayextras throough quidco for parking, and priceline name your own price for the hotel.

Can normally get a hotel for ?30 and parking for about ?50-60 for 2 weeks

Addy
25th May 2008, 01:23
We need a week's parking first week of June at Gatwick too. Checked Holidayextras and cheapest was about ?58.

Tudor Rose Parking aren't listed on Holiday Extras but checked their website for prices and they're doing meet and greet at the airport for ?60 for the week or park at their carpark for ?48. We did meet and greet last Summer (they meet you at the airport and take your car away) and it worked out great, they were doing it for the same price as car park then. For ?12 saving we'll drive to their car park this time. Their driver takes you in your car and drops you off at the terminal, so no waiting for buses and being crammed on them with your luggage. www.tudorrose.co.uk

pollyanna_11
28th May 2008, 07:39
Does anyone know if they tend to be the same days of the week each year? :)

I am looking at renting a villa for 2010 andnI would like to get the right day from theoutset....its not going to be a crisis if it does move as I could just swap to Virgin but I want to try and just get a flydrive if possible (keep the costs down) so Cosmos would be ideal.

Flo
14th June 2008, 23:16
Anyway to pay for parking at Gatwick with deals?:der:

Addy
14th June 2008, 23:27
Not that I know of now I'm afraid.

We used Tudor Rose, www.tudorrose.co.uk who I found to be the cheapest but you can sometimes find good deals for parking with hotels on www.holidayextras.co.uk - and can go via Quidco.

paulbator
16th June 2008, 08:58
There is 1 way but it is a bit of effort. You can exchange your deals for Air miles and book through them - The exchange rate I have recently been quoted is approx 300 air miles for a ?30 reduction in price. (therefore ?12.50 in deals = ?30 off) Prices are not the most competitive, I think they are the standard superbreak prices. but if you have any spare air miles via other collection methods then definitely worth it. P.S - I would recommend the Hilton at Gatwick

Flo
16th June 2008, 19:58
I couldn't find it on airmiles. I already have the Hilton booked its a nonchangeable nonrefundable booking so can't add parking with them.

Gizmos
16th June 2008, 19:59
Sofitel is nice as well and if you are flying from North terminal convenient

stinky minky
16th June 2008, 20:13
I could do with this for manchester, if anyone knows of a good cheap alternative to deals that would be great.

paulbator
17th June 2008, 12:48
you cant actually book an airport hotel on the airmiles website, you need to phone them. I am looking at booking for Manchester airport in December (this is the 3rd time I will be using airmiles) they quoted me the Hilton ?100 plus 900 miles or the Crown Plaza at ?55 plus 900 miles. Unfortunately they did not have the Radisson available

Raffles
17th June 2008, 13:30
Try holidayextras.co.uk - a whopping 11.5% quidco cashback available as well!

For example, looking at MAN in December (6 December) for a double room they have the Crowne Plaza at ?105 WITH PARKING FOR A WEEK. This is clearly a better deal than ?55 plus 900 Air Miles just for the room. They also have the Hilton at ?105 WITH PARKING which, again, kicks the Air Miles offer into touch (even more so when you add in the quidco cashback). The Radisson is ?145.

janice mac
17th June 2008, 13:34
purple parking are quite reasonable. No longer able to use deals tho

baconbap
17th June 2008, 21:49
purple parking are quite reasonable. No longer able to use deals tho

You can go through quidco with purpleparking, they seem to have changed their non-heathrow cashback to ?7.50 - also use code E37W when you book for a discount.