PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend a hotel near Legoland?

gunner1970
21st March 2007, 09:06
Fot those of you who have kids and are thinking of going to legoland - Read on!
Went last weekend to spoil my 4 year old son beofre my next little boy comes along in 2 weeks and we had a fantastic weekend. Used clubcard vouchers for the whole weekend. This is how it went:
Stayed at The Marriott Hotel in Windsor 2 Nights B & B ?88.00 per night. This hotel is very impressive, pool and gym and kids can use the pool right up to 11.00pm. Breakfast very very good. Room very nice. Drinks very expensive and they charge ?7.00 per night to park your car (we parked just accross the road for free). Also keep the kids away from the Mini Bar!!!!!!
Went for a meal at Bella Italia which is about 10 mins away, again absolutely fantastic, food was top class, had ?50.00 in vouchers and i think we spent the lot, they have a good kids menu.
Went legoland which apart form the artic weather was fantastic and again only 10mins from Hotel and used Vouchers for this.
And if you get time, there is Windsor Castle.
I recommend this weekend, a great family weekend away.:)

tyroleandancer
21st March 2007, 09:14
Thanks for sharing. Sounds fab :)

Grinder
21st March 2007, 09:21
Sounds good.. were off to Legoland in August and have booked a ?15 room in a nearby travelodge and then off to Longleat the next day :)

SuzyWoo
21st March 2007, 09:37
Sounds very tempting!

zoot
21st March 2007, 09:42
Sounds good.. were off to Legoland in August and have booked a ?15 room in a nearby travelodge and then off to Longleat the next day :)

Must get around to doing this too. Seems like a very good deal.

Coupon-madder
21st March 2007, 16:53
Longleat is great, and fab value with cc Deals.

We went last August when we were in a caravan within driving distance, and ended up going there twice during our fortnight's holiday. For those that have not been to Longleat, your Deals get you a 'passport' each, with all the Longleat attractions listed. As you tick off each item your passport cannot be used to revisit that same thing again (e.g. you can't do the safari twice) but you can get back into Longleat free another day to do the things you missed.

As it was so busy when we went and we took our time over the safari (having a picnic in the safe area and feeding the deer) it meant we had a lot left to do on our second visit. If you do this I recommend saving the boat trip for your second visit, as we thought this was the next best thing after the safari.

rainbow
30th April 2007, 15:12
Not sure if this is any good to anyone who receives DLA, but I received a mailing at work today with the following info about Legoland -

Legoland Windsor provide free entry for the parent/guardian of child in receipt of DLA. You need to tale your DLA paperwork along and they will sort out the ticketing. You can also get short-cut access to the front of the queue for the child and parent/guardian.

lissadell
30th April 2007, 20:59

We did this last August for DD's bday. We stayed at the travelodge in slough for either ?15 or ?26 can't remember which and got legoland tickets with tesco vouchers. The travelodge is 5 minutes walk from a main shopping street with restaurants etc including mc D s and it was a cheap fun weekend :D Pity about the fire alarm in the early hours :mad:

zoot
30th April 2007, 21:47
Not sure if this is any good to anyone who receives DLA, but I received a mailing at work today with the following info about Legoland -

Legoland Windsor provide free entry for the parent/guardian of child in receipt of DLA. You need to tale your DLA paperwork along and they will sort out the ticketing. You can also get short-cut access to the front of the queue for the child and parent/guardian.

Thank you very much for this information rainbow. Have tried to rep you but I cant at the moment. VERY useful information. We have a Travel Lodge room booked at Heathrow for 2 nights in August and are going to Legoland then. Have emailed them to get confirmation (not that I dont believe you, but if I have a reply to take to back me up I will feel more confident asking.)

ploverpalace
5th July 2007, 16:28
We are hopefully going to take the kids to Legoland sometime in August (doesn't matter when). Can anyone recommend a cheap, clean hotel, nearish to Legoland? Its for 2 adults and 2 kids and we'd like a non smoking family room. We aren't bothered with things like gyms etc, it is literally for somewhere to sleep and maybe have breakfast. I've been looking most of the afternoon and its doing my brain in!

marmaliser
5th July 2007, 16:33
Travelodge Slough. They have some deals on at the moment. We stayed there for ?10 a couple of years ago :)

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/supersaver_search/

zoot
5th July 2007, 16:33
I am taking the family in August and have booked a travel lodge for 2 nights at heathrow. Dont know what it will be like but it was the ?15 per night for a family room offer for booking so far in advance (booked ages ago.)

marmaliser
5th July 2007, 16:35
This link is even better

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/saver_search/results.php?search_type=4&search=Slough%2C%20Slough&id=22219

ploverpalace
5th July 2007, 16:41
Thanks Guys, as soon as DH gets home think we might go for the Feltham one. Its only 9 miles away, but we can get 2 nights for ?26 a night!

Gizmos
5th July 2007, 16:42
dont forget Quidco!!!

zoot
5th July 2007, 16:43
dont think travel lodge were on quidco when i booked .
Good reminder Giz.

mummytotwo
5th July 2007, 16:45
Is legoland near THorpe Park?

Grinder
5th July 2007, 17:03
Im off to Legoland around the 11th August and staying in a Travelodge a few miles away near Reading on the motorway...

taffyswife
5th July 2007, 17:05
Is legoland near THorpe Park?

Legoland is near Windsor - Thorpe Park is in Chertsey (you have to go round the M25)

mummytotwo
5th July 2007, 17:06
Thanks Guys, as soon as DH gets home think we might go for the Feltham one. Its only 9 miles away, but we can get 2 nights for ?26 a night!

only reason i ask is that there is a feltham 4miles away from Thorpe park that is why i was getting confused. Guess there must be to of them.

sunflower
5th July 2007, 21:01
There is a premier travel Inn in Ascot - 5 miles from Legoland.
Windsor is closest town to legoland, not cheap for hotels but lots to do, lovely shopping, lots of restaurants and of course the river and the castle.

lissadell
5th July 2007, 22:41
Legoland Slough was within very brief walking distance of shops and restaurants. I like that sort of travelodge but I'm a bit wary of some that seem to be stranded on the side of a road miles from any where :-(

Flo
14th July 2007, 22:57
Hi, can anyone help with discounts or ideas for costcutting staying near and visiting legoland in August. Would like to stay nearby 1 or 2 nights with 1 or 2 days legoland entry.

smitheim
15th July 2007, 10:16
Hi Flo, we went to legoland last August - stayed in nearby Slough/Windsor Marriott hotel, which cost ?150 (= ?37.50 cc vouchers) we also ordered our entrance tickets using cc vouchers, we had a lovely time but do beware of expensive food, drinks (esp room service, ?6 for a bottle of stella! :jaw:) but there is a toby carvery just accross the road, which probably would have been a cheaper option for dinner ;)

pumpkin
15th July 2007, 10:20
We also stayed at the Mariott when we went, but I think it only lets you book with CC vouchers on weekends now

Most of the hotels round about do special rates which include Legoland passes which would work out much cheaper than using CC vouchers for hotel and passes separately, tho obviously invlolves using hard cash. Have you looked at the legoland web site? There is a link from there to hotels in the area (or used to be)

lissadell
15th July 2007, 20:55
Flo if you wanted to hang on to your deals for Florida you might consider one of the ?26 rooms at the travelodge in Slough. It's pretty close to legoland and within walking distance of Slough High Street with a range of restaurants.Obviously not as nice as the marriot but another option HTH.

j9mcl
16th July 2007, 17:23
We are going this week and booked the Travelodge for ?15 per night, legoland passes with cc and Bella Italia vouchers with cc. Cheap break.

Janine

Khufu
17th July 2007, 10:55
We did it last year all on deals went to legoland, stopped at Hilton then went to Chessington. Personally I wouldn't use deals like this again though we had a good time. Better to stop in the ?26 travelodge and get some BOGOF for legoland,they're always about.

Flo
17th July 2007, 18:14
Thanks everyone, I probably won't use deals, the travelodge sounds the cheapest option. Any ideas for BOGOF legoland vouchers at the moment.

pinkieplum
17th July 2007, 18:18
We stayed at Marriott a couple of years ago and got a deal with 1 nights hotel and 2 day legoland passes. Can't remember how much it was but it was a good deal, I seem to remember (well must have been else we wouldn't have done it)

defgimp
20th July 2007, 11:55
Personally, we use CC vouchers to get the annual passes for us all and then go this year and then again next year before they run out.

The kids love it there, we have just come back from a 4 1/2 day break and have the passes to go again this year if we get the chance, or before July next year, all on the same passes.

We stay in a nice 2 bedroomed apartment which is only 4 minutes in the car from Legoland, can't pay with CC vouchers for that unfortunately. We did look at using Hilton last year, but the cost just wasn't worth spending the vouchers on, something like ?800 for a 4 night stay (?200 in CC vouchers), for 1 room and further away.

roshew1
6th August 2007, 22:52
hello everyone
does anyone know which hotel i can use on tesco deals which would be closest to legoland.
i am hopingto take the family to legoland and will be flying into heathrow (if i get a cheap flight!) and also which one works out cheapest for family of 5 (3 kids).
many thanks

Addy
6th August 2007, 23:06
We stayed at one of the Heathrow Travelodges, in one of their ?15 rooms when we went to Legoland....not luxurious by any means but might be worth looking at, although not too sure if any of their rooms will accommodate 5.

roshew1
7th August 2007, 08:20
thanks addy would like to try and stay in a nice hotel with pool if pos and uses up my hard earned clubcard points!

bubbler
7th August 2007, 08:58
Windsor/Slough Marriott http://www.marriott.co.uk/Channels/hotels-uk/hotels/travel/lhrsl-slough-windsor-marriott-hotel/

You might want to ring them and ask if they could accommodate 5 in one room. It's a problem we have and you might find you need 2 rooms unfortunately......

siennahue
7th August 2007, 09:32
Hi

Re the Marriott - check its not the 'courtyard' by Marriott Slough Windsor as its not included in the deals offer :o

Sienna

smitheim
7th August 2007, 10:05
We stayed at the Windsor/Slough Marriott last year with deals (?150 for 2 nights for 2 adults and 2 children), really nice, pool and gym too and only about 5-10 min drive to Legoland, nice buffet breakfast included, evening meals tasty but v. expensive tho but if you dine before 6 kids get a free buffet-type meal - choice of nuggets, spag bol, sausage + chips etc :)

roshew1
7th August 2007, 10:34
thanks for that

i have had a look at marriott hotels terms and conditions on tesco deals website and unfortunateley it appears that that particular hotel no longer accepts them - which is such a shame as it sounds lovely!

haycorns
11th August 2007, 00:15
Bracknell Hilton is quite close

Flo
11th August 2007, 08:51
If you look on the legoland website, they list some hotel that are nearby, you might see some there that you could book with Tesco deals.

roshew1
11th August 2007, 09:39
thanks everyone have had a look on legoland website etc and yea it does seem that bracknell hilton is the closest!

janiet
12th August 2007, 10:31
You could also try Old English Inns, a chain of small hotels that take CCV, they have one called the Wee Waif which is only 12 miles away from Legoland. We have booked, they are charging ?90 a night for the 4 of us - 2 adults and 2 children. This includes breakfast, en-suite, sky TV etc. They also do lunch and evening meals that you can pay with CCV as it is a Green King. You do need to order the vouchers separatly though. When I booked the price per night was the same as what the web site said but I have noticed that the Tesco website now says that the website prices may not apply to CCV, but still worth trying. Hope this makes sense.

roshew1
12th August 2007, 17:38
ok thanks for the info janiet will deffo have a look at that

colman
23rd December 2007, 19:32
Can anyone recommend any hotels near legoland (preferably using vouchers) if not any other hotel that is nice..thanks

Gizmos
23rd December 2007, 19:34
just merged - hope it helps

colman
23rd December 2007, 20:05
thanks hun i tried to do a search but couldnt find anything!!

Gizmos
23rd December 2007, 20:13
eaiest to search on titles rather than leogland

tyroleandancer
23rd December 2007, 21:49
Can anyone recommend any hotels near legoland (preferably using vouchers) if not any other hotel that is nice..thanks

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express just off the motorway
Book it thru Pigsback for 2000 points