PDA

View Full Version : Priority Club Rewards Scheme

ruthie
10th July 2007, 08:54
If any of you are in the Holiday Inn/Intercontinental group Priority Club Rewards scheme you may or may not know about Pointsbreaks.
Basically its selected hotels at only 5,000 points a night instead of the usual 15,000/25000+.

I've just managed to bag myself 6 nights staying in Secaucus New Jersey (20min bus ride to Manhattan) over Thanksgiving for 30,000 points, when normally it would have been 25,000 points a night! I only had 48,000 points so I thought I'd only be able to get 3 nights max at a place at 15,000 a night. Now I discover I've got nearly 10 nights worth of points! Some of the hotels on the list are even Intercontinentals.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/c/2/content/dec/pc/0/en/points/us/hre/pointbreaks.html?rateCode=IVANI

tyroleandancer
10th July 2007, 09:05
If any of you are in the Holiday Inn/Intercontinental group Priority Club Rewards scheme you may or may not know about Pointsbreaks.
Basically its selected hotels at only 5,000 points a night instead of the usual 15,000/25000+.

I've just managed to bag myself 6 nights staying in Secaucus New Jersey (20min bus ride to Manhattan) over Thanksgiving for 30,000 points, when normally it would have been 25,000 points a night! I only had 48,000 points so I thought I'd only be able to get 3 nights max at a place at 15,000 a night. Now I discover I've got nearly 10 nights worth of points! Some of the hotels on the list are even Intercontinentals.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/c/2/content/dec/pc/0/en/points/us/hre/pointbreaks.html?rateCode=IVANI

Great info, Ruthie.
Hubby has colllected priority points for years.
have you checked out flyertalk for extra points codes?
Don't forget when booking a hotel stay you can go through Pigsback for 1000 points(only when paying for stay)

shopaholic2
10th July 2007, 21:13
Great info, Ruthie.
Hubby has colllected priority points for years.
have you checked out flyertalk for extra points codes?
Don't forget when booking a hotel stay you can go through Pigsback for 1000 points(only when paying for stay)

Do flyertalk have codes for travel or do you mean tesco codes?

tyroleandancer
10th July 2007, 21:16
Prority club codes

Raffles
10th July 2007, 22:21
See here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=426

and specifically
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641439

You've just missed out on a secret triple points code we found that gave triple points on every stay - sadly that deal ended 30th June.

Hummer
10th July 2007, 22:34
and I have been to the Holiday inn in Secaucus too

tyroleandancer
10th July 2007, 23:53
See here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=426

and specifically
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641439

You've just missed out on a secret triple points code we found that gave triple points on every stay - sadly that deal ended 30th June.

Thanks Raffles, deleted links by mistake from hubbys favourites. can add them again now :)

hydro
11th July 2007, 08:09
Thanks for this, I try and book HIE when I'm travelling - and I didn't know I could collect extra points - another eye-opener :D

I can feel the need to spread a little lurrve.........:love:

tyroleandancer
11th July 2007, 08:22
Thanks for this, I try and book HIE when I'm travelling - and I didn't know I could collect extra points - another eye-opener :D

I can feel the need to spread a little lurrve.........:love:

Do you book through Pigsback?

tyroleandancer
12th January 2010, 15:45
Raffles, hubby noticed on Flyertalk a post regarding problems with accounts being blocked.
If I remember rightly it went along the lines of "if you are the type who signs up for all promotions your account may be blocked"
Well hubby is the type and believes he is now one of these as he deosn't seem to be eligible for any new promotions.
Will it be a permanent block?
Thank you

Raffles
13th January 2010, 09:30
Raffles, hubby noticed on Flyertalk a post regarding problems with accounts being blocked.
If I remember rightly it went along the lines of "if you are the type who signs up for all promotions your account may be blocked"
Well hubby is the type and believes he is now one of these as he deosn't seem to be eligible for any new promotions.
Will it be a permanent block?
Thank you

No, it is nothing to do with this.

Some codes posted on FT late last year seem to have been linked to the Q1 offers. If you registered for one of these, it may have blocked you from all the 'Stay x' and the 'Stay 2 brands' promos this quarter.

You will find that you can register fine for the 1,000 bonus points per night offer, which is open to everyone.

tyroleandancer
13th January 2010, 10:06
No, it is nothing to do with this.

Some codes posted on FT late last year seem to have been linked to the Q1 offers. If you registered for one of these, it may have blocked you from all the 'Stay x' and the 'Stay 2 brands' promos this quarter.

You will find that you can register fine for the 1,000 bonus points per night offer, which is open to everyone.

Thanks Raflles so after this quarter normal service should be resumed?

Khufu
13th January 2010, 10:14
Just registered for that promo myself though didn't think it was blow your socks off! I hope they do the stay 3 nights get 1 free again - we did 3 nights in an Express and stayed somewhere dead swanky for the forth - I was really impressed, they gave us a suite, free bottle of wine, fruit etc. We'd gone for a cheap night out and had taken some value bitter to drink whilst getting ready - really fitted in!

tyroleandancer
13th January 2010, 10:17
Just registered for that promo myself though didn't think it was blow your socks off! I hope they do the stay 3 nights get 1 free again - we did 3 nights in an Express and stayed somewhere dead swanky for the forth - I was really impressed, they gave us a suite, free bottle of wine, fruit etc. We'd gone for a cheap night out and had taken some value bitter to drink whilst getting ready - really fitted in!

:lol: I bet you had a great time . Dh stays in an HI hotel 5 days a week so you can imagine how many points he racks up :)