PDA

View Full Version : Any hotels in Blackpool using Deals!!

Freestyle
8th August 2007, 15:55
Hi
Hoping someone can help!!

Does anyone know if there are any hotels in Blackpool, that can be booked using Clubcard deals please.

Hoping to take my boys to see the lights in October.

Thanks

SuzyWoo
8th August 2007, 15:59
There's the Hilton, but don't get a room on the top floor as the Air Conditioning is very noisey!

Freestyle
8th August 2007, 18:31
Thank you SuzyWoo for your reply, will try them! Will rep you when I find out how to, still a bit of a newbie!!

moore590
8th August 2007, 18:53
just click on the scales

mummytotwo
8th August 2007, 19:09
haven have some in blackpool and the lakes but don't know how near they are.

miss bargainmad
8th August 2007, 19:46
In Blackpool itself I am sure there is just the Hilton which is extortionate - it wouldn't surprise me if they would charge you ?300 a night for a family room when using deals.

There is a Marriott in Preston which is supposed to be about 20 minutes drive from Blackpool. We had booked to say there in July at ?70 a night but had to cancel.

Freestyle
8th August 2007, 22:26
Thank you for the responses!!! You are all amazing!!! Thanks to Moore590 I have repped you all for all your help. The Hilton does seem rather steep so will have a look at the Marriott and Haven. Thanks again!

Ladyshopper
9th August 2007, 19:23
Maureens I looked a while ago as I wanted to take my kids to see the lights in October half-term. I ended up paying cash and going to Pontins, as got a good deal there. It was ?260 in club accomodation, half board, free kids activities, that was Friday-Monday. I'll be looking at doing pleasure beach and other stuff with my deals vouchers though!

marcellep
9th August 2007, 19:40
Maureens I would never recommend Pontins @ BPool, just back from there a few weeks ago. It is run down, over rated, Full on Non English speaking staff, Dirty. I could go on and on. I stayed in the Club accomodation which was suppose to be sent in the lovely land scaped part of the resort. NOT

tyroleandancer
9th August 2007, 19:47
Maureens I would never recommend Pontins @ BPool, just back from there a few weeks ago. It is run down, over rated, Full on Non English speaking staff, Dirty. I could go on and on. I stayed in the Club accomodation which was suppose to be sent in the lovely land scaped part of the resort. NOT

I would never ever return to Pontins. Dirty, stinking awful place. Give me Haven anyday. there are some very reasonable B&B's in blackpool, especially off the main street.
You would need a lot of spending money for Pontins as the slot machines are a magnet.

Ladyshopper
9th August 2007, 20:19
I wouldn't recommend Pontins either!! However, I did loads of pricing up of b&b's travelodges, haven park etc, and it was by far the cheapest. I think because its half term and the lights are on its expensive everywhere. I don't intend to spend much time at Pontins, sleep and eat (if its edible), but I just wanted to give it as an option. It certainly wasn't my first choice, but the price was right!

bootsaholic
19th January 2008, 19:33
Are there any hotels in/near Blackpool which accept deals vouchers?
Obviously the Hilton does but its ?90 in deals (ie ?360!) for two nights as it wont let me book for one as it is a saturday.

Just wondered if there were any other options. Am taking DH to a concert (cant say who - too embarrassing!!!) and it doesnt matter if it is a short drive out of Blackpool as he doesnt drink so happy to do that for a nice hotel.

Thanks

Gizmos
19th January 2008, 19:35
just merged hope it helps

bootsaholic
19th January 2008, 19:39
Yes, very helpful thanks! I obviously didnt go back far enough, sorry

Barcode
19th January 2008, 19:40
I live in Blackpool,if i can help!! Pontins is a true-craphole,drive past it every day and it looks awfull,in season always wonder people go and stay there!!!

bootsaholic
19th January 2008, 19:42
I live in Blackpool,if i can help!! Pontins is a true-craphole,drive past it every day and it looks awfull,in season always wonder people go and stay there!!!

Thanks, wont be going to Pontins as its just us - no kids. Would you say the Hilton is worth paying so much for or not, or would I be better just booking into a decent B&B and paying cash?

Barcode
19th January 2008, 19:56
From what i know The Hilton is the dearest hotel to stay in in Blackpool,if not,one of them. Its a very nice hotel,but id be very tempted to stay in a b&b,think they will be very basic,but if its only somewhere to crash,who cares!! In Blackpool,we have a few bella italia`s,Harry Ramsdons,litten tree and 2 Yates,so id be tempted to pay for b&b and use deals at restaurants and pleasure beach,or maybe the zoo etc.

Freestyle
19th January 2008, 19:57
I am trying to do Haven with the Sun holiday deals, if I dont get the date I require I am then going to book Haven with Tesco deals, there are 3 sites based at Blackpool and you can either do 3, 4 or 7 nights.

bootsaholic
19th January 2008, 19:58
From what i know The Hilton is the dearest hotel to stay in in Blackpool,if not,one of them. Its a very nice hotel,but id be very tempted to stay in a b&b,think they will be very basic,but if its only somewhere to crash,who cares!! In Blackpool,we have a few bella italia`s,Harry Ramsdons,litten tree and 2 Yates,so id be tempted to pay for b&b and use deals at restaurants and pleasure beach,or maybe the zoo etc.

Great idea thanks!

bargainsneeded
19th January 2008, 22:52
hyathis is just what i was looking for last year, booked in at the hilton with my deals 2 adults 2 kids cost ?50 in deals so ?200 real money etc, one night, just so they could see the lights, i ummed and arred for the b&bs also the local pontins havens etc, but i couldnt fault the hilton we were close enough to tram or walk the lights etc, but far enough away from the roughness and drunks at the end of the night as every night in blackpool it would seem is hen or stag night lol:D, although be warned it is a fair walk upto the pleasure beach we bought a family tram ticket and hopped on and off all day and night well worth it! if i remember right it was free parking at the hilton also but we came by train from manchester. used the rest of my deals for pleasure beach etc and intend to do exactly the same this year was fab!:clap2:

uklego
20th January 2008, 07:53
hyathis is just what i was looking for last year, booked in at the hilton with my deals 2 adults 2 kids cost ?50 in deals so ?200 real money etc, one night, just so they could see the lights, i ummed and arred for the b&bs also the local pontins havens etc, but i couldnt fault the hilton we were close enough to tram or walk the lights etc, but far enough away from the roughness and drunks at the end of the night as every night in blackpool it would seem is hen or stag night lol:D, although be warned it is a fair walk upto the pleasure beach we bought a family tram ticket and hopped on and off all day and night well worth it! if i remember right it was free parking at the hilton also but we came by train from manchester. used the rest of my deals for pleasure beach etc and intend to do exactly the same this year was fab!:clap2:

:help:

Hi,
Can I ask please - how early did you book?
Is the deals for mid week only or can you book a weekend
Should we have a PTS convention if we all turn up at the same time!!!!!:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

mumof4
20th January 2008, 11:20
I just booked a room for two night in july and it cost ?45 in cc vouchers, stayed last year and paid real money, right on the front and really nice rooms. (wish i was going but it's for my Husband on a men only trip)

bargainsneeded
20th January 2008, 12:24
:help:

Hi,
Can I ask please - how early did you book?
Is the deals for mid week only or can you book a weekend
Should we have a PTS convention if we all turn up at the same time!!!!!:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

hya i booked about 8 weeks in advance but then panicked cos it was in the middle of a postal strike and tickets were held up right to the day b4, but they were great on the phone said they knew the post was bad and could still go etc, dont know about the weekends although they didnt tell me i couldnt its just that i wanted a week day in the hols etc, lol love the idea of pts convention hehe:cool: and if we dont we will all be looking at everyone in the hotel thinking is it you perhaps we should make a pact to wear a certain colour hat etc so as sneekily we will know fellowpts ers are in the area lol. how sad am i ???????:D

chipbeck
20th January 2008, 17:40
I just booked a room for two night in july and it cost ?45 in cc vouchers, stayed last year and paid real money, right on the front and really nice rooms. (wish i was going but it's for my Husband on a men only trip)

I live near Blackpool and can't understand why you shouldn't get more than ?45 in cc vouchers for visiting. I'd want at least ?100 it's the pits.
On a brighter note you won't have to worry about your husband having his head turned while he's away, there's some right sights knocking round at night.

thehagman
20th January 2008, 17:57
havens marten mere site is only a couple miles from sea front stopped there a couple of year ago and its a really nice site, and you can use deals also for pleasure beach, zoo, tower, restaurants etc so we had a good time and MR T paid for most of it but time he started paying for our drink as well:D:D:D