PDA

View Full Version : Kates Web-site

kate67
1st November 2006, 20:47
Just thought I would tell you a bit about my web- site.
Click-your-way2cash.
I decided to put the site together as I was spending a lot of time helping people via email and round friends houses etc.
When I first found 'Daily Clicks' I hardly received any money...just did not have a clue....so my site is about being that person that I wish I had known in the beginning.
I've received lot's of thank-you's from people that were already registered with cash-back sites but were not doing Daily Clicks correctly...so that has made it all worth while.
It's not a fantastic site but I've tried to add a bit of fun factor to it (help from the kids ).
I'm always looking at ways to improve it etc...so any constructive feedback is always appreciated.
I've tried to make it different by having a Price Challenge and also listing the best prices for the Top 12 Toys for Xmas....obviously it's only my handy work searching....not fantastic software...so I may get it wrong.
You will see my referral links on the site....but to be honest the last thing I would want is for people to feel obligated to use them....there are always people that post their referral links on MSE or Bobs that would be only too pleased to receive a referral...and it would probably make their day if they are a new user themselves...or some of the sites you can join via the link on Paidtoshop.
If there is anything you are not sure of...then please ask...I will always be pleased to help anyone out in any way I can.

Kate
x

crabby
1st November 2006, 21:06
No offence Kate, but you aren't offering anything any different to this site.
I think I will stick with this one which has given me so much help, information and fun.:)

kate67
1st November 2006, 21:09
No Offence taken Crabby....

Kate
x

Maldives
2nd November 2006, 05:44
Kate is not asking for peeps to defect (well at least I don't think she is), and anyway we wouldn't, she is just offering another bit off help..... like we all do

She has helped reinforce some information.

A for instance... Moonriver was looking for a best deal on Xbox360, I had already done my research and told her Argos...

Kate also came up with Argos, Moonriver is now off to you've guessed it Argos.....

RainyDayBox
2nd November 2006, 07:13
Kate do you make any money from your website? Either via links or referrals?
Thanks

scorour
2nd November 2006, 07:33
I had a look at her site...Kate does have referral links which she will make money from, but she is very clear about this and also has alternative links to use (next to them) bypassing her referral.

not sure I will find info which I don't already find on the current 4 sites I use, but I will keep looking for a while to see if it has any benefit for me.

Pinnocchio
2nd November 2006, 08:23
Whilst I can see that Kate is being very clear about making money from her site links, I do hope that she has at least offered the owners of this website and the other in which she has taken advantage of getting her site free publicity, some kind of payment?

Websites take a lot of time and effort to establish and manage so I think that if she wishes to use the sites for free publicity for her own money-making venture, she should at least pay for the advert.

The site is very different from this one, but is clearly aiming in the same direction. I can understand her concerns over professional appearance etc, this site is run on a specifically designed software license, hence the difference.

scorour
2nd November 2006, 09:11
Whilst I can see that Kate is being very clear about making money from her site links, I do hope that she has at least offered the owners of this website and the other in which she has taken advantage of getting her site free publicity, some kind of payment?

Websites take a lot of time and effort to establish and manage so I think that if she wishes to use the sites for free publicity for her own money-making venture, she should at least pay for the advert.

The site is very different from this one, but is clearly aiming in the same direction. I can understand her concerns over professional appearance etc, this site is run on a specifically designed software license, hence the difference.

I would agree with this if Kate's sole aim was to sell something, but I felt it was more informational and if you wanted to take the advice, then either use her referral link or not, your choice.

I would think it the moderators were not happy with reasons for this op then they would just pull it. At the end of the day, I just want to save money, if another person gives me some tips from their site, I welcome it.

Just my opinion though....

kate67
2nd November 2006, 09:16
Last thing I wanted was to cause any bad feeling....
I have posted 2 links on my site to Paidtoshop.
Moneywise...I cannot offer to pay for an advert because if I calculated any money I've paid out for my site...I am running at a loss.
The Other site you refer to...I think you mean Pigsback.
I had already decided that if I did receive any referral money from Pigsback I was going to donate the money to Cancer research or a Hospice and post the receipt on my site.
I have not posted this on my site as I did not want people to feel obligated to use the link.

Re putting the link on my site...
I've done nothing under-hand so will post the correspondence between myself and Pigsback.

Hi Kate,

Best of luck and I hope everything works out for you!!

Thanks for your mail,

Kind Regards,

Lynn

> -----Original Message-----
>> Received: 10/9/2006 11:27 AM
> To: "Pigsback.com Support" <membersupport@pigsback.com>
> Subject: Re: Affiliate Network [286195:218423]
>
> Hi Lynn,
> Many thanks for this info.
> Have signed up with buy.at so hopefully I will be
> successful.
> My website is not published yet but is called
> Click-your-way2cash...it's basically just info on a
> few cashback sites plus a page on Pigs-back.
> Also my friend has a web-site going live at the end of
> Oct... wwwwroundaboutHarlow ,it's a web-site focused
> on the community of Harlow...so I am hoping to have my
> pigs-back link on there too...so hopefully in the
> next couple of months you will receive lots of new
> members from Essex and Herts.
> Anyway thanks again,
> Kindest regards,
> Kate Walker
> x
>>
> --- "Pigsback.com Support"
> <membersupport@pigsback.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Kate,
> >
> > If you register with the below website, all of our
> > links are on this site:
> >
> >> >
> > If you have any further queries, please do not
> > hesitate to contact me.
> >
> > Thanks for your mail,
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> >
> > Lynn
> >
> >> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > > > Received: 10/1/2006 10:30 PM
> > > To: > > > Subject: RE: Pigsback.com Contact Us Enquiry: I
> > like Pigsback.com
> > >
> > > Comments:
> > > Hi...
> > > Is there any chance that I can have a referral
> > link please ?
> > > I am making a Website and would like to have my
> > Pigsback link on the site.
> > > (was not sure if this was possible or not ?
> > > Kindest regards
> > > Kate Walker