PDA

View Full Version : Anyone studying with nec?

HELLO_KITTY
19th August 2007, 13:59
i'm doing a childcare (childrens care + development level 2) course with nec (open learning college) using deals, im about halfway through my course now..

i was just wondering if anyone else on here is studying through nec? any study buddies lol..

i was thinking of doing some A-Levels with them too soon and was wondering if anyone else has done A-levels with nec before, any tips good/bad experiences etc...?

Pinklepurr
26th August 2007, 19:17
Hi, yes I am doing GCSE Maths with NEC. I have fallen behind over the summer so will have to pull my finger out when my kids go back to school next week!

Lilmiss
12th October 2007, 14:06
Hiya, Im a home educator and my daughter has started talking about considering doing GCSE's
How are you finding them in terms of support, materials etc? It would be great if I could access these courtesy of MrT:)

Melcatfish
12th October 2007, 15:32
Hiya, Im a home educator and my daughter has started talking about considering doing GCSE's
How are you finding them in terms of support, materials etc? It would be great if I could access these courtesy of MrT:)

i was looking round the NEC site and they have a page for home educators: http://www.nec.ac.uk/courses/category-browse?category_id=6820

Have you been HEing from the start? Our DD is only 2 and a half but when the time comes i am giving it some serious consideration.

Mel
x

Lilmiss
16th October 2007, 23:51
I withdrew my younger two this spring. I wish I had never sent them, particular my middle DD who was never happy at school ( used to cry, scream etc) and shes a different person since I took her out. My 9 year old is currently studying the solar system,earthquakes,volcanoes etc( and yet he cannot read better than a reception age child due to dyslexia) and my 10 year old likes poetry, animals and website design... all things they wouldnt have discovered properly in school until senior years I dont believe.

Im not anti school but for my children school was a limiting, oppressive and not a good place to be.

Miss Wetwipe
17th October 2007, 00:08
I've never heard of NEC. Was thinking about doing a OU course to kick start a change in career (although not sure what yet)... but these guys look pretty good!!!!!!

HELLO_KITTY
3rd November 2007, 18:43
just finished my nec course in super quick time..woohoo/..

i am now starting :cache certificate in children's, care leraning and development (level 3)

if anyone else is starting this course let me know

i will have so many qualifications for free, hope nec stay in deals for a while

ThrobsBlackHat
6th November 2007, 14:45
I have looked at their site before.

Paying in deals is ace - especially if you can get your employer to refund it in cash!

HELLO_KITTY
19th March 2008, 17:31
just got my gcse english course through..has anyone else done this course? i have to write a short story for my first assignment, how exciting lol
2-3 sides of a4, the topic i have chosen is 'a day to remember'