PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Rouge and Bella Italia at Centre Parcs!!!

SuzyWoo
27th August 2007, 16:34
How's about betting we won't be able to use vouchers there (but I can dream!)

http://centerparcs.co.uk/discover/news/new-restaurants.jsp

The agreement with Tragus will take effect from September/October 2007, after which time the upgrading of facilities will be introduced in a phased programme over the following 12 months. The first phase of development will see the transformation of Chez Pierre in to Caf? Rouge, Luciano's into Strada or Bella Italia and Hugo's at Longleat will become Ortega. We hope to complete the majority of this work before Christmas.
As ever we will be doing everything we can to minimise any disruption these restaurant closures will cause our guests and, wherever possible, we will be providing suitable alternatives elsewhere on the village.

rach109
27th August 2007, 17:02
oooh that would be fab

<fingers crossed>

debbiedonut
20th October 2007, 12:39
Does anyone know if you can use tesco clubcard vouchers at
cafe rouge center parcs? Any idea how I can find out?
Thanks

SuzyWoo
20th October 2007, 14:55
We don't know yet. I went a couple of weeks ago to SF,but they hadn't finishing refurbishing the restaurant to CR. I would take vouchers and just ask when you get there.

marie
21st October 2007, 20:15
I'm so glad they are having some decent restaurants at Centre Parcs, that was the one thing I didn't like about CP before, the food places were always a let down.

Lets hope we can use our vouchers there too!

tikal73
21st October 2007, 20:18
oh, am keeping my fingers crossed we can use these vouchers. Am off to SF on 16th November....will report back then.

debbiedonut
21st October 2007, 20:24
I'm off next friday - will let you all know.

moonriver
21st October 2007, 20:25
can you go to Centre Parks on Deals?

tikal73
21st October 2007, 20:27
Certainly not the uk center parks Moonriver, but I'm sure someone mentioned the European ones can be bought under deals. Can't think what they come under though....is it P&O? Anyone?

SuzyWoo
21st October 2007, 20:36
It's Frenchlife, but they haven't confirmed whether CP Europe will be in their brochure for next year yet.

moonriver
23rd October 2007, 05:56
Thanks for the replies. I went on the Centre Parcs website- looks really overpriced to me.

SuzyWoo
23rd October 2007, 06:19
It's expensived but I would say CP is well worth the money. We go twice a year. It's fantastic value for all you get IMO.

GoatBoy
23rd October 2007, 07:54
Thanks for the replies. I went on the Centre Parcs website- looks really overpriced to me.

IMO, it's expensive but value for money. No chavs which is such a relief these days.....

SuzyWoo
23rd October 2007, 07:56
IMO, it's expensive but value for money. No chavs which is such a relief these days.....

....I'm glad you said that...I wanted too, but daren't! ;) You really get a relaxed holiday at CP. We've done holidays from Cruises to Haven and I would say CP is one of the best.

DebbieE
23rd October 2007, 08:03
I love CP - i think it's the best holiday u can have in England where u are not dependent on the weather. I've always gone in January when it's dead cheap & I've always had fantastic weather.

Now DD is at school we can't go in Jan 08, but hoping to go back in 09

GoatBoy
23rd October 2007, 08:15
....I'm glad you said that...I wanted too, but daren't! ;) You really get a relaxed holiday at CP. We've done holidays from Cruises to Haven and I would say CP is one of the best.

We do CP @ Whinfell twice a year instead of a "traditional" 2 week holiday abroad. Sorry if I sound snobby but some of the Brits we encountered abroad made me feel ashamed.

Last hol abroad was to Zante. Beautiful complex totally ruined by the En-Ger-Landers in it. Why someone wants to fly across Europe & then proceed to stick up posters of the Queen Mother & West Ham Utd on their balcony, I'll never know......

In all seriousness, we thought it was a comedy shoot but when you ask someone not to use the F word in front of your 4 year old only to be told to "f-off or I'll do you", it's too tragic for words......Funnily enough, lager for breakfast, calling all male staff "Oi, Spiros" & moaning that you can get better kebabs up the Old Kent Road doesn't rank highly on my list of holiday priorities. Still, I learned a useful lesson - steer clear of people whose IQ is lower than their bodyweight in kilos.

XL - official sponsors of West Ham United? Perhaps a free holiday costs too much......

GoatBoy
23rd October 2007, 08:25
Can anyone give me a little feedback about CP @ Sherwood? We love Whinfell but it's a little hilly for me at the moment. Is Sherwood fairly flat for walking about & is there horse-riding nearby?

I presume they have tree-top walks, high ropes, zip-wires & such for my 8 year old death-wish monkey boy. I know I went on a bit ago about having a blue badge but it's so useful sometimes....."oh, I'd love to climb 50 feet up a telegraph pole & then jump off but Daddies knees can't take it :eek:"

SuzyWoo
23rd October 2007, 08:41
Always go to Sherwood nowadays (we're reckon we've been there 10 times now :eek:). They reckon it's the best in the UK (the HO is 2 miles away). Can even recommend the Exec 2 storey apartments, we always stop in those now, round the back of the Aqua Sauna, 10 mins walk from the centre, fab! Everything is flat - we've been to Longleat - now that is hilly!

Ladyshopper
23rd October 2007, 14:50

They were all in Blackpool this weekend!!

shopsomemore
23rd October 2007, 14:54
If you book last min. You can sometimes get good discounts.

Ethansnan
23rd October 2007, 15:01
We went to Elveden last year and got a free upgrade to the Exclusive lodge.

Sheer delight our own hot tub, sauna and steam room and maid service etc all included.

Was a total bonus as we had only paid for the comfort plus.... think they were doing refits and having to move people.

Now however its spoilt us but will not pay ?1249 for mid week break next april and dont want to go back to confort plus as we used to. So have booked a lovely 4 bedroomed farmhouse in Devon for 7 nights in April it has own hot tub and swimming pool, games room and outdoor play area for grandchildren. Plus added bonus of being able to help with cows, sheep and chickens in the spring at a cost of ?882 for the week.

princessa
23rd October 2007, 16:09
We're going to Whinfell just before xmas, can't wait :)

marmaliser
23rd October 2007, 16:33

Sheer delight our own hot tub, sauna and steam room and maid service etc all included.

Was a total bonus as we had only paid for the comfort plus.... think they were doing refits and having to move people.

Now however its spoilt us but will not pay ?1249 for mid week break next april and dont want to go back to confort plus as we used to. So have booked a lovely 4 bedroomed farmhouse in Devon for 7 nights in April it has own hot tub and swimming pool, games room and outdoor play area for grandchildren. Plus added bonus of being able to help with cows, sheep and chickens in the spring at a cost of ?882 for the week.
Thats sounds ace, have you got a link ?

tikal73
23rd October 2007, 16:35

Thats fab Ethansnan - we are staying in the exclusive lodge next month at SF. Total luxury for us. My Dad gave it to us as a gift as he booked over a year ago and has since split up with his partner/friends etc (messy business). I can't wait. I've told my kids they are getting their own bathroom and they can't even understand the concept of a maid!! LOL

SuzyWoo
23rd October 2007, 16:48
Tikal - that's just near where we stay in the two storey Exec apartments. Sure you know, but you can park there - and it's just near the Aqua Sauna so you HAVE to book yourself a facial or massage, because I say so lol! ;)

mhoc
23rd October 2007, 17:05
We are in a VIP 3 bedroom 2 storey lodge in Whinefell, not toally posh but it has got maid service. Does anyone else know what this entales?

I dont mind someone else making the beds and vaccumming but I wouldnt leave the washing up to pile up.

Also we have an early check in so we avoid the mid afternoon rabble :D

We also get two day passes for friends to come for the day. Not sure what we are going to do with these because we dont have friends living close by, too far for most people to drive up for the day.

Has anyone else had any suggestions for these?

Also it is supposed to be a refurbished one but what happens if when we get the letter with our allocation it turns out not to be a refurbished one?

The last time we went the kitchen equipment was quite basic. We had a large saucepan for boiling potatoes without a knob on the top and they couldnt find us another one.

SuzyWoo
23rd October 2007, 17:08
They aren't supposed to wash up but ours always gets done (although we have dishwashers in our place now). Are you select guests? We always get the passes too, but have family who live nearby so they always get used. Don't think you can sell them or anything as you have to say who is visiting.

I always take some of my own pots and pans whenever I'm self catering in the UK.

tikal73
23rd October 2007, 17:15
Tikal - that's just near where we stay in the two storey Exec apartments. Sure you know, but you can park there - and it's just near the Aqua Sauna so you HAVE to book yourself a facial or massage, because I say so lol! ;)

Will see if I can persuade hubby SuzyWoo!!
I can see us being in the pool everyday , all day with my two who are only 3 and 5!

SuzyWoo
23rd October 2007, 17:16
That's the same age as my two! We go over once altogether then DH takes the eldest on his own around teatime.

princessa
23rd October 2007, 17:20
You're given two 'free' day passes when you book a VIP. If it's too far for anyone to travel I don't think there's anything that can be done with them. The cleaners would hoover and dust for us, make the beds, and do the pots. We had a dishwasher but we'd left some things like pans in the sink to wash ourselves but they did it for us. Think they were looking for something to put time in as alot of the people had told them not to bother when they'd knocked so they did the dishes and cleaned the surfaces, loaded the dishwasher and put the washing machine on etc, but I think you're expected to do that yourself.

Ethansnan
23rd October 2007, 17:22
Thats sounds ace, have you got a link ?

http://www.helpfulholidays.com/property.asp?ref=M273&year=2007

angel81uk
23rd October 2007, 17:59
I haven't been to CP for years now but I always love it when I do go. The only thing that lets it down imo is the lack of evening entertainment but that might have improved since I was last there.

carolwat
23rd October 2007, 18:19
We are going to CP Whinfell again in December for the Lapland experience. When are you going princess? We go 10th I think. Mon - Fri. Hopefully the weather will be a bit drier than last year as it rained the whole time.

DebbieE
23rd October 2007, 19:32
I've been to all except Whinfell. I prefer Longleat - it's lovely there but very hilly, Elveden & Sherwood are much easier to get around.

The treatments at the Aqua Sana are fantastic!

We normally stay in the VIP 4-bed lodges but as we go in Jan, much cheaper - love the hot tubs on a very chilly night having a glass of bubbly!

For anyone going or know someone going you can buy gift vouchers which can be used in the Aqua Sana & restaurants

DebbieE
23rd October 2007, 19:34
We do CP @ Whinfell twice a year instead of a "traditional" 2 week holiday abroad. Sorry if I sound snobby but some of the Brits we encountered abroad made me feel ashamed.

Last hol abroad was to Zante. Beautiful complex totally ruined by the En-Ger-Landers in it. Why someone wants to fly across Europe & then proceed to stick up posters of the Queen Mother & West Ham Utd on their balcony, I'll never know......

In all seriousness, we thought it was a comedy shoot but when you ask someone not to use the F word in front of your 4 year old only to be told to "f-off or I'll do you", it's too tragic for words......Funnily enough, lager for breakfast, calling all male staff "Oi, Spiros" & moaning that you can get better kebabs up the Old Kent Road doesn't rank highly on my list of holiday priorities. Still, I learned a useful lesson - steer clear of people whose IQ is lower than their bodyweight in kilos.

XL - official sponsors of West Ham United? Perhaps a free holiday costs too much......

God, how awful - go to Menorca - none of these idiots there!

tikal73
23rd October 2007, 20:05
http://www.helpfulholidays.com/property.asp?ref=M273&year=2007

Wow that place looks gorgeous Ethansnan - thanks for the link!

marmaliser
23rd October 2007, 20:24
Wow that place looks gorgeous Ethansnan - thanks for the link!
It does look nice , looking for somewhere to go with Parents for a week

princessa
23rd October 2007, 21:32
We are going to CP Whinfell again in December for the Lapland experience. When are you going princess? We go 10th I think. Mon - Fri. Hopefully the weather will be a bit drier than last year as it rained the whole time.

We're going the 14th I think, for the weekend :D You'll be checking out as I'm checking in :)

GoatBoy
24th October 2007, 07:43
God, how awful - go to Menorca - none of these idiots there!

Been to Menorca a few times & intending to retire there - Sa Caleta the favourite

tricia
30th October 2007, 15:16
Was at Longleat last weekend. Cafe Rouge now open - in the dome - and vouchers are accepted.

marmaliser
30th October 2007, 15:37
Was at Longleat last weekend. Cafe Rouge now open - in the dome - and vouchers are accepted.
Good info thanks tricia not TRICIA :). So which one is at Sherwood , I can't rememeber as it has been 4 years since we last went :(

SuzyWoo
30th October 2007, 15:38
It's Cafe Rouge now, they've just changed them all over from Chez Pierre!

princessa
30th October 2007, 15:54
ooh wonder when they'll open at whinfell

polokingkeith
1st November 2007, 19:27
We love Sherwood, usually go 2nd week in Dec it's lovely then real Xmas feel to it and we've always been lucky and had dry sunny weather, the kids are gutted that we can't go this year (schools head made such a fuss when we took them out last year for a mon to Fri break in Dec even tho all they miss is carol singing, bag packing at the local supermarket and xmas card making), the price is sooo cheap that week too that it seems such a crime not to go. We've been to Whinfell too in the past, though not for the last 3 years, has it changed much since then does anyone know? We prefer Sherwood all the same, its flatter for bike riding! we also found the accommodation at Sherwood to be much cleaner than that at Whinfell, though like I say we haven't been for a while so they may have improved their cleaners since we were there. Anyone got any good discount codes?

tikal73
1st November 2007, 22:57
I'm off next friday - will let you all know.

Have you been to SF yet Debbie? Any luck with the cc vouchers at Cafe Rouge?

princessa
6th November 2007, 14:44
Just looking at the deals, so there's a cafe rouge and a bella italia at centre parcs? And both of these are available as deals?

mhoc
6th November 2007, 16:06
ooh wonder when they'll open at whinfell

I've just been on the Whinfell page and it lists Bella Italia as one of the resturants.

Is anyone going to Whinfell soon? What I was planning to do was book a table for the lunchtime of the day we go up - we cant book in until 2.30 so would you be allowed to do this, book a table at Bella Italia?

And also the crucial question do they take deals?

princessa
6th November 2007, 19:00
On the Whinfell page it says:

Chez Pierre will be closed from 6th November 2007 and will re-open on 10th December 2007 as Caf? Rouge.

They should take the, shouldn't they? Cause they're a third party at centre parcs, they've nothing to do with centre parcs, they're still a Bella Italia/Cafe Rouge restaurant, theat just happens to be in the middle of centre parcs?

But I don't know how you'd go about booking, as you wouldn't be able to ring up centre parcs and book through them, I think you'd have to phone the restaurant directly, if you can find their number and if they take prebookings.

princessa
8th November 2007, 14:23
Oh I've just got my tesco vouchers so I think I may order some vouchers and see if they take them. Hope they do cause I don't fancy sending them back to be put back on my account! If I 'bought' some for Bella Italia, would they take those at Cafe Rouge too, or would I have to order them seperately? Does the restaurant's name come printed on the deals voucher?

princessa
9th November 2007, 19:21
Hello! Just letting you all know that I've emailed Cafe Rouge and asked them, and got this reply:

'Dear Princessa,

I can confirm that you can use Tesco vouchers at Centerparcs restaurants, the same terms and conditions apply.

Kind regards'

Job's on!

SuzyWoo
9th November 2007, 19:47
Great news Princessa - have repped you!

Shimmer
9th November 2007, 20:04

Yee ha :D Just need centre parcs in deals now :(

sanmarco5
28th February 2008, 12:29
anyone know if bella italia accept them? and if I order vouchers for longleat safari park but then dont use them, can they be used for food or are the different vouchers?

polokingkeith
28th February 2008, 14:27
anyone know if bella italia accept them? and if I order vouchers for longleat safari park but then dont use them, can they be used for food or are the different vouchers?

Yes bella Italia def accept them, we used ours for 3 seperate meals at Whinfell in Dec and the other 2 times we used them at cafe rouge there as well! No probs at all. I think the vouchers are the same as the dry cleaning vouchers (from what I can remember)so could be used for that aswell, our left over ones we used to go for a meal when we got home!

sweepy
2nd March 2008, 09:37
I love centre parcs we always go to sherwood forest. Oh there this weekend my xmas pressie to him and youngest. Have booked to go in october . The little chapel in sherwood is apparently going to be a starbucks.
sweepyxx

sweepy
2nd March 2008, 09:38
Yee ha :D Just need centre parcs in deals now :(

Would be heaven for me lol.
sweepyxx

barato
22nd April 2008, 10:50
Thinking of going to Whinfell next month. It would make the trip much cheaper if I could use Tesco Vouchers for evening meals at Cafe Rouge and Belle Italia. Does anyone know if they accept vouchers there?

EDIT - sorry have just seen this thread!! Ignore me.

SuzyWoo
22nd April 2008, 10:53
Have merged your post. All the answers you need are on this thread.

dealscollector
20th June 2008, 16:06
Does anyone know if I'll be able to use the deals vouchers for these at the Centerparcs branches. Also if I can persuade my parents to convert their points for me (and keep ours for a cruise) will I be able to use them in different names.

Thank you

SuzyWoo
20th June 2008, 16:21
Yes, they accept them. Will link this to the thread on this very subject!

dealscollector
20th June 2008, 17:37
Thank you very much - great news!!!