PDA

View Full Version : Lykia world Olu Deniz Turkey anyone been with XL?

polokingkeith
28th August 2007, 22:28
We are hoping to book a hol for next summer with XL staying at Lykia World in Olu Deniz Turkey. We have never been to Turkey before and Lykia World looks out of this world so I just wondered has anyone been? Especially if you have booked with XL, what is the accomodation like that they use there as I've read that there are such alot of different types of accomodation that it can get confusing and sometimes the tour operators don't know themselves so thats why I wondered if anyone has actually stayed there with XL?

DebbieE
28th August 2007, 23:03
Don't know about Lykia but my SIL has just booked an AI at the Papillion Belvil in Turkey with Cosmos - that has got fab reviews on Tripadvisor

tadd318
29th August 2007, 09:21
Looked at this hotel myself looks really excellent, and has got excellent reviews.
I would definatley book this holiday if I had enough vouchers! or even 1/2 of the price.

mmm
29th August 2007, 09:40
Ive just booked a week during half term for ?2586. only had to add ?41 to cc coupons :D

hydro
29th August 2007, 09:49
Oh, I am pleased - I was going to pm you and ask!

(What me? Nosey???? Nooooooo) :D

You must let me know, as I quite fancy that myself - first trip to Turkey was to Olu Dinez, and I really liked it. Been loads of times since.

iloveholidays100
29th August 2007, 10:19
I went to Lykia world this July. It was brilliant.

The only rooms you really need to avoid are the Garden Rooms which have no balconies. (We went in one on the last day, bad compared to all the rest). I think they tend to put some staff (chefs) and people who book single rooms in them. As long as your booking includes a balcony you should be ok. They have lots of different rooms types and it does get confusing. Look at their web site to get a better idea. Our room was huge, double bedroom, with lounge area, second room with two large sofa beds and a walk in wardrobe, big bathroom and large balcony.

mmm
29th August 2007, 10:55
Oh, I am pleased - I was going to pm you and ask!

(What me? Nosey???? Nooooooo) :D

You must let me know, as I quite fancy that myself - first trip to Turkey was to Olu Dinez, and I really liked it. Been loads of times since.

I only booked it this am & then had to fly off to the Drs ( BP high again, now on tabs)

Hydro I was going to drop you a pm as it was you who put me on to this holiday. Its a connecting family room, so really 2 rooms. Includes all transfers etc. The flight back is at 1.15 in the morning but if we've had a good holiday who cares.

The kids love the look of it in the brocure weve got.

Thanks to all of you for all your help, this is the 1st propper hoiliday we've ever been on.

Its going to cost me an arm & a leg for passports now :D

polokingkeith
29th August 2007, 11:29
Hi MMM That's a really good price can I ask who you booked it with and is it the Oct half term? We have been quoted ?4,600 for 2weeks next May (one of the weeks is also half term) for the same type of connecting room that you will have from what I can gather. Our price is the full package with XL, does anyone think thats a bit steep? We only have enough tesco vouchers to pay off ?2,700, we were suprised as Cosmos are around the same price all in except their flights are on the Mon which means the kids missing another day off school. Suprised as Cosmos are usually way more expensive. Please tell us what your hol was like when you get back, have fun:D

mmm
29th August 2007, 12:01
Yes mine is with xl. we go one the 19th & get back on the 27th. Not good flight times but cant be helped.

Will definatly tell you all about it when we get back:D

Becles
29th August 2007, 16:15
I priced up Club Sun City in Olu Deniz for 5 of us going next August with Cosmos and it worked out at ?2900. That's for 2 adults, 2 children and an infant in a family room.

We liked this better than Lykia World as it's all inclusive rather than full board, and it's right the centre of resort so handier for getting out and about.

Our*holiday*fund
29th August 2007, 18:50
i was looking into going to lykia world, checked reviews on about 3 different review sites and they were mainly very good, as someone else mentioned what put me off was that its only halfboard and i read in a few reviews that prices were expensive for drinks etc, it does look very nice though i just couldnt justify paying that much and then worrying about spending while there (oh says im bad for that, even though cc deals have paid for the hol), in the end i booked 2 weeks in turkey inc may half term all inclusive 5 star also right on the beach (aegean dream resort) for around ?2450 - 3 adults 1 child

kate67
29th August 2007, 22:23
lykia is the most fantastic place ever.....We've been 4 times and my kids love..
Next year we are having a break and not going to Lykia and doing Florida and my kids are actually moaning.
I've been to Lykia in May & August and have stayed in residence... ( This year we actually booked Villiage but they upgraded us to Residence when we arrived)
We also normally arrange a cab to collect us from the airport, which is ?90 return trip....there's 6 of us, so I have the contact details if anyone would like..
I could waffle on forever as I think Lykia is the best holiday place ever so if anyone wants any help please feel free to pm.
Kate
xxx

polokingkeith
29th August 2007, 22:27
Yes I have looked at Agean Dream resort and it does look lovely, trouble is there are 5 of us so we need 2 rooms & that bumps the price up considerably whereas at Lykia we can get the one room that sleeps 5, mind you Sun City also looks nice and has a fam room for 5 but the kids club is only up to age 10 so only one of ours could join in and there dosn't seem to be much there ie no water slides etc and I just feel at Lykia the kids clubs include such alot as well as having the water park on site but I know what you mean it is rather expensive:confused:

kate67
29th August 2007, 22:29
Lykia is Full Board Plus...
Basically soft drinks, Wine & beer is free in the restaurants...and they stay open all day until 9.30.
Other drinks are no more expensive then you would expect to pay anywhere else..
Me and hubby normally had a couple of bottles of wine with our meal and that did us..
The food is absolutely fantastic !
Kate
x
Sorry I cannot help myself waffling on lol

kate67
29th August 2007, 22:33
My Children are ages 15, 13, 12 & 8 ....and the first year I had to force them to try the childrens club......after that there was no stopping them !

hydro
29th August 2007, 22:36
And night flights are the norm from Dalaman - at least it means you have a full day on your last day of the holiday. :D

kate67
29th August 2007, 22:40
If you have not enough Tesco vouchers It's always worth getting a price from Eclipse Direct as we found them the cheapest..
( This year we went in May and had 2 rooms, and there was actually 7 of us in the end as my daughters friend came....and it cost us 4k )
We booked 2 x Sea rooms in Villiage and they upgraded up to residence and gave us 3 rooms, so we were chuffed as we prefer.
Lykia also run a repeaters programe and you get points which equate to money off your hotel bill off your next holiday with them..
We also had champagne and Fruit in our room as we were repeater guest again..
From points we had collected previously we had ?300 off our bill this year.
There's lots of info on their website...

Kate
x

mmm
1st September 2007, 21:10
Dont know if this has been mentioned before but a child is classed as under 16, where most holidays its under 12.

X.L rep rang resort to check. He was really surprised as he said 99% of holidays are under 12.

As Ive got 3 kids I have to pay an adult price for one, not really sure why though as all are under 16 (just)

annie15
2nd September 2007, 13:04
Which hotel is a child classed as under 16?? Lykia World?? That makes a big difference paying for 2 children rather than 2 adults!!!! Thanks for all the information - will definitely be looking at Turkey for next year too, although will have to wait for Cosmos as not enough vouchers yet for XL.

mmm
2nd September 2007, 13:23
Which hotel is a child classed as under 16?? Lykia World?? That makes a big difference paying for 2 children rather than 2 adults!!!! Thanks for all the information - will definitely be looking at Turkey for next year too, although will have to wait for Cosmos as not enough vouchers yet for XL.

I booked for Lykia World & XL rep said children were def under 16 & Ive had conformation through post

debbiedonut
2nd September 2007, 21:11
How much were the transfers from the airport,I can't see them on the web site anymore,or would it be better to pay for a taxi.How do XL transfer you?

polokingkeith
3rd September 2007, 10:34
XL transfer by coach but they told us they could arrange private transfers but the price for 5 of us was ?110 return, it's cheaper to arrange your own I believe, from the quick look I have had orangerentacar quoted us ?95 but prob can get cheaper I'm hoping;)

mmm
3rd September 2007, 18:46
Is anyone going in October half-term this year?

gobbyash
3rd September 2007, 18:58
Lykia World
Kidrak Mevkii, Oludeniz-fethiye
Resort/Location: Oludeniz
Destination: Fethiye-oludeniz

Fri 19-Oct-07 Fri 26-Oct-07

The details and cost for your accommodation is shown below.

Occupancy Room & Board Type
2 Adults 2 Children C.twin Superior Village(2-4)garden View

Full Board 690.72
Promotional Discount -51.80
Total Cost: ?638.92

www.travelrepublic.co.uk

gobbyash

polokingkeith
4th September 2007, 22:42
can Anyone help, We have finally booked our hol to Lykia for next May and now we are getting a bit concerned about the accomodation, have read the garden rooms are the ones to avoid and if you have a balcony then you won't get a horrid garden room as they don't have balconys, so we paid the extra to get a connecting family room but when our booking confrmation came today from XL it only says family room, no mention of balcony or connecting room, so my OH rang XL and spoke to some woman who didn't appear to have a clue but asked the accomodation dept at XL and they only said it is connecting room but still can't confirm it will have a balcony. I don't have alot of faith in XL, they don't seem to know what they are doing but we don't want arrive and find out we have to argue to get the room we booked and paid extra for as there is nothing on our confirmation as proof of that. Anyone any ideas or no how the room situation is at Lykia?

debbiedonut
7th September 2007, 21:23
I have been quoted a price for a large superior room - it is ?400 more for a family room but I am worried that the superior rooms will be the dreaded garden rooms. Dont know if they have balconys so cant tell that way. Any ideas?

debbiedonut
8th September 2007, 09:46
Please see my previous post - i need an answer as I am going to book today.
Thanks

kate67
8th September 2007, 18:56
I'm not sure on the garden rooms as I've always stayed in Residence.
Last year we decided to book villiage and I read somewhere that if you booked a Superior room, Sea View then you were not a Garden room, so that's what we did but when we arrived we were upgraded foc to Residence lol
If in doubt, why not give Lykia office a phone and ask them...
0870 224 55 24
Here's their website too
http://www.lykiaworld.com/Index.aspx?txtLanguage=en

Kate
xxx

Cosmos were doing fantastic prices last week for Lykia.....
My friend who had no Tesco Vouchers booked 2 weeks in Aug, x 2 Superior Sea-View for ?3,800 ( 2 Adults and 2 children ages 14 & 9)

howdo
8th September 2007, 23:24
just booked with xl to go to fuerteventura durin oct 1/2 term- yippy. first time of doing this and it took over 1/2 hr to put vouchers through over the phone. word of advice to anyone doing this shortly: i would calculate the vouchers you are using in advance and have your voucher codes ready. we got in a real muddle, and the poor guy on the other end was doing all the leg work for me adding up and voiding, adding up and voiding and so on....

any thoughts on oasis jandia golf ???

DebbieE
9th September 2007, 07:18
I've just booked our summer hols to Fuerteventura with Cosmos - they don't ask for the deals codes thank goodness, so my booking took all of 10 minutes!

Really helpful girl I spoke to, was really impressed.

Maverick
9th September 2007, 07:40
I remember goping to olu deniz when there was only a couple of guest houses there and you had the beach to yourself allmost...........it was bliss......................

debbiedonut
29th March 2008, 10:23
No!!!!!
We have just had a letter from XL saying we cannot go to Lykia World as they have changed the maximum childs age to 13 and our son is 15. They have said 3 adults (Including son) and a child cannot share a room we only booked a family room. They have moved us to Green Nature resort in marmaris.They say Lykia world have changed the age limit not them.Anyone else had this letter we are gong in may? Any ideas?

Flo
29th March 2008, 10:42
You could email the hotel direct and explain the situation to them. Have you looked at any reviews for the new resort?

kirsjude
29th March 2008, 20:27
No!!!!!
We have just had a letter from XL saying we cannot go to Lykia World as they have changed the maximum childs age to 13 and our son is 15. They have said 3 adults (Including son) and a child cannot share a room we only booked a family room. They have moved us to Green Nature resort in marmaris.They say Lykia world have changed the age limit not them.Anyone else had this letter we are gong in may? Any ideas?

That is terrible!!

XL just get worse and worse. I really hope you get it sorted.

iloveholidays100
29th March 2008, 20:58
In the past the child age for Lykia was 16. From this season the child age has been lowered.

But a room for 4 people has always attracted a higher charge, even if two of them are children. It looks like they made a mistake and are not honouring it.

Are you due to go soon, maybe they have been confirming with the hotel, when the mistake was noticed.

Really don't know what you can do about it.