PDA

View Full Version : School labels - uniform - tags

pammy
2nd September 2007, 20:17
Label planet (http://www.labelplanet.co.uk)

my friend told me about this site. she has had these labels for the last two years and they are still on the clothing that she put them on. There is no sewing involved!! Great! No ironing them in! even better!

they just stick onto the clothes, shoes, bags, bottles, luchboxes.
they look fantastic and no messing.

The cheapest set is for 96 which is ?6.95 and free delivery (I cant imagine them being much to send anyway)

Hope this helps someone

Pammyj

ChickenCottage
2nd September 2007, 21:48
They stay on allright after washing?
Sounds good to me!
thanks you :)

pammy
2nd September 2007, 21:54
yes she showed me his jacket and the labels wrap round the clothes label. Thought if it saves time thats good in my book! Another friend last year spent ages ironing the labels on and they came off after a couple of washes!

whamfanuk
2nd September 2007, 22:09
i just write name on tag, i am so lazy

pammy
2nd September 2007, 22:13
I did that last year but I was constantly having to write it on again when it faded. Thought I would give this a go.

Ladyshopper
2nd September 2007, 22:13
I'm lazier, as I still haven't got round to doing it yet! Did get all the stuff out the cupboards before kids went to bed, but then have spent most of the eveing on the phone, so yet another night of not doing it. Knowing me it will be a mad rush the night before school, staying up til silly o'clock to get it done!

whamfanuk
2nd September 2007, 22:17
i ahve not doen it yet either, all polo shirts are still in packaging and trousers are all still tagged in my bedroom, mine go back tuesday

neither of them have a lunchbox yet either

Gizmos
2nd September 2007, 22:18
lunchbox's were reduced in Mr T

whamfanuk
2nd September 2007, 22:20
lunchbox's were reduced in Mr T
yeah i know but my head was filled with clothing vouchers, H&B and wine points i thought i'll look again today and i forgot :der:

DebbieE
2nd September 2007, 22:24
Thanx Pammy - just ordered some

madone!
2nd September 2007, 22:24
I found some labels on ebay from someone like "markit" he will combine names and sells both stick on's and iron on at really cheap prices.

Our oldest starts Junior tomorrow and the twins start infants next Mon

All really excited yippee........ i get a bit of me time before i have to find a job !!

whamfanuk
2nd September 2007, 22:26
my youngest starts juniors on tuesday i hope it straightens him out a bit

DaisyChain
2nd September 2007, 22:26
i just write name on tag, i am so lazy

That makes two of us :p

Becles
2nd September 2007, 22:35
As my sons manage to lose so many clothes, I write on the inside of the collars in huge letters :o:D

I write on the tags in other things. Adams do a laundry pen for a couple of quid, and it lasts for ages.

zoot
2nd September 2007, 22:39
The last school coat I wrote DS name in huge letters all across the inside at the back! (He had lost previous 2 though!)
Those labels sound like a good idea.
DS1 goes back to school Tues but DS2 does not start nursery until 21st.

whamfanuk
2nd September 2007, 22:42
i just put Alfie in both alfie and tommys, cos in the whole school theres only one Alfie

zoot
2nd September 2007, 22:47
i just put Alfie in both alfie and tommys, cos in the whole school theres only one Alfie

Good idea!

whamfanuk
2nd September 2007, 22:47
thougth you was gonna start crooning whats it all about alfie

ChickenCottage
3rd September 2007, 11:54
I despatched DS this morning to school, respendant in his new uniform.
DH was taking him in my car

Proud mum time.

20 minutes later the phone rang.
Mum! he said, Mum, I forgot my schoolbag! :lol:

what an eejit, so I had to drive the whole way in and out as well.

SuzyWoo
3rd September 2007, 12:06
I've discovered this Bostik glue especially for clothing. Works a treat!
http://www.shop-com.co.uk/Bostik_Sew_Simple_Adhesive_40ml-45173810-p!.shtml

red devil
5th September 2007, 19:51
thanks just ordered some

ohsobusy
23rd March 2008, 19:15
My oldest two start Reception after the Easter holidays and I know I have to name just about everything. In the past I've bought iron on name tags from Woolies but they just seem to come off in the wash.

Just wondered what are the best name tags and where do i get them from.

Gizmos
23rd March 2008, 19:17
ooh there was a thread on some new things last year - cant remember what the title was - off to search

The Wizard of Oz
23rd March 2008, 19:17
I cheat - I just bought one of those special pens and wrote on all the labels - a lot easier that ironing on. Did it in September when the twins started school and, after many many washes, the pen has not faded.

Gizmos
23rd March 2008, 19:18
http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14421&highlight=labels

do you want me to merge it?

ohsobusy
23rd March 2008, 19:21
Wiz, where did you get your pen from. The one I've got is so thick that I can barely get the initilas on the labels.

ohsobusy
23rd March 2008, 19:22
Thanks Giz, Yes please, you can merge it. I didn't realize there was already a thread. Thanks. :)

The Wizard of Oz
23rd March 2008, 19:25
Wiz, where did you get your pen from. The one I've got is so thick that I can barely get the initilas on the labels.

Pass - my Mum got them for me - she asked (in an independant stationery shop) for pens to write on clothes labels - they are normal size pens and cost hardly anything - they were cheap. She got me a few - pm me your details and I'll send you one.

Poundsinbucks
23rd March 2008, 19:34
I've used Wovina for woven name tapes a couple of times now, they're really nice. Choice of letter types and letter colours. Plus they have these 'Taggits' to attach them to clothing/bags, so NO sewing required :).

72 nametapes are ?7.50, let me try and paste a link in: http://shop.wovina.com/c-19-name-tapes.aspx

Not sure if that works :der:. I've got together with other people before and ordered quite a few different ones at the same time and shared P&P :o.

HTH.

Poundsinbucks x :)