PDA

View Full Version : ?100 Tesco gift card with Virgin!

karen007
4th September 2007, 08:59
If you book your clubcard holiday with Virgin by 24th Sept, for next years holiday, Virgin will give you a ?100 Tesco gift card - brill :D See Virgin site on 'Deals'

Addy
4th September 2007, 09:44
That's a great offer

Hope to book our honeymoon for June next year with Virgin (treating ourselves and going to a Sandals resort for a week), but won't have enough vouchers until the December mailing :Cry:

lleck
4th September 2007, 10:07
i have heard you don't get it if you use deals :(

karen007
4th September 2007, 10:49
i have heard you don't get it if you use deals :(

How odd/misleading, as it is under 'information about using your Deals Tokens with Virgin Holidays' - it has a big banner advertising it :confused:

monkeypuzzle
4th September 2007, 10:54
You do get it, on the conditions it says this:-

9.The offer can be combined with Frequent Virgin Club benefits, Tesco Clubcard discounts on Virgin Holidays and online booking discounts.

:)

Ladyshopper
4th September 2007, 11:11
I might phone about that then, as it wasn't mentioned when I booked. ?100 gift card for tesco would come in extremely handy at the moment!

ploverpalace
4th September 2007, 11:24
Does it say a 'start from date'? We booked a couple of weeks ago

Ladyshopper
4th September 2007, 11:25
I do remember a thread about it before I booked, but didn't take much notice.

Ladyshopper
4th September 2007, 11:26
http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13640&highlight=%A3100+gift+voucher

Here it is. Sorry, no idea how to do neat links.

sullieb
4th September 2007, 11:26
Having a real blonde moment, but I have been to the Tesco Deals site and cannot see this advertised. Can someone please give me an idiots guide to where it is located?
A big thankyou in advance.:D

ploverpalace
4th September 2007, 11:27
Looks like we missed out, but i'm sure others will benefit. Here's a quote from the T&C'S on the Virgin website

Gift card offer available for new bookings made 24 Aug – 24 Sep ‘07, for departures 01 May – 31 Oct ’08, excluding accommodation only and car and flight only bookings. Other exclusions apply. This offer entitles the lead passenger of each booking to a Tesco Gift card to the value of ?100. Please see full details and terms and conditions at www.virginholidays.com/tesco. Cannot be combined with any Disney promotions.

1. Offer available for new holiday bookings made between the 24 August 2007 and 24 September 2007, for departures between 1 May 2008 and 31 October 2008. Please note that this offer excludes accommodation only, travel insurance only, car hire only, excursion only, and car and flight only bookings.
This offer entitles the lead passenger of each qualifying booking to a Tesco Gift card to the value of ?100. Strictly one Gift card per booking, per household.
Details of how to register for your Tesco Gift card will be sent to you within 14 days of the promotion end date. If you book via a Travel Agent this will be sent to your Travel Agent who should forward this on to you. You must register for your Tesco Gift card by 31 December 2007, stating who you wish the Gift card to be sent to and what address you would like it delivered to. Failure to register by this date will result in loss of your Gift card entitlement.
Once you have registered for the promotion, one Tesco Gift card will be sent to your specified address and contact details. The Gift card will only be sent once your holiday balance has been paid in full. We regret we cannot be held responsible for any lost or damaged Tesco Gift cards. They will not be replaced.
The Tesco Gift card can be redeemed in store or via Tesco.com. Please note that when using a Gift card to buy online at Tesco.com you will need a credit or debit card for identity verification and the user must be aged 18 or over. Please note that you cannot currently use your Gift card to buy groceries or wine on Tesco.com although you can use it to buy flowers, CDs, DVDs, and books from Tesco Direct. Delivery charges will apply on Tesco.com but these can be paid for using your Gift card, you will just need to make an allowance on your shopping budget for this.
Tesco Gift cards will be valid for 5 years from the last use of the card.
No cash equivalent refund can be given in the event that your Tesco Gift card is not utilised and it cannot be used as a credit against other arrangements with Virgin Holidays.
If you cancel your Virgin Holidays booking at any stage, you will not receive your Tesco Gift card.
The offer can be combined with Frequent Virgin Club benefits, Tesco Clubcard discounts on Virgin Holidays and online booking discounts.
Apart from those listed above, the offer cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions or discounts applicable within this period, including the Disney Dining Plan promotion.
Virgin Holidays reserves the right to cancel or change this offer at any time.
All holidays are subject to availability and Virgin Holidays standard terms and booking conditions, as featured within the brochure your holiday is booked from or on our website.
The promoter of this offer is Virgin Holidays, The Galleria, Station Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1WW.

monkeypuzzle
4th September 2007, 11:27
Does it say a 'start from date'? We booked a couple of weeks ago

You should be ok then:-

Gift card offer available for new bookings made 24 Aug ? 24 Sep ?07, for departures 01 May ? 31 Oct ?08, excluding accommodation only and car and flight only bookings. Other exclusions apply. This offer entitles the lead passenger of each booking to a Tesco Gift card to the value of ?100. Please see full details and terms and conditions at www.virginholidays.com/tesco. Cannot be combined with any Disney promotions.

1. Offer available for new holiday bookings made between the 24 August 2007 and 24 September 2007, for departures between 1 May 2008 and 31 October 2008. Please note that this offer excludes accommodation only, travel insurance only, car hire only, excursion only, and car and flight only bookings.
This offer entitles the lead passenger of each qualifying booking to a Tesco Gift card to the value of ?100. Strictly one Gift card per booking, per household.
Details of how to register for your Tesco Gift card will be sent to you within 14 days of the promotion end date. If you book via a Travel Agent this will be sent to your Travel Agent who should forward this on to you. You must register for your Tesco Gift card by 31 December 2007, stating who you wish the Gift card to be sent to and what address you would like it delivered to. Failure to register by this date will result in loss of your Gift card entitlement.
Once you have registered for the promotion, one Tesco Gift card will be sent to your specified address and contact details. The Gift card will only be sent once your holiday balance has been paid in full. We regret we cannot be held responsible for any lost or damaged Tesco Gift cards. They will not be replaced.
The Tesco Gift card can be redeemed in store or via Tesco.com. Please note that when using a Gift card to buy online at Tesco.com you will need a credit or debit card for identity verification and the user must be aged 18 or over. Please note that you cannot currently use your Gift card to buy groceries or wine on Tesco.com although you can use it to buy flowers, CDs, DVDs, and books from Tesco Direct. Delivery charges will apply on Tesco.com but these can be paid for using your Gift card, you will just need to make an allowance on your shopping budget for this.
Tesco Gift cards will be valid for 5 years from the last use of the card.
No cash equivalent refund can be given in the event that your Tesco Gift card is not utilised and it cannot be used as a credit against other arrangements with Virgin Holidays.
If you cancel your Virgin Holidays booking at any stage, you will not receive your Tesco Gift card.
The offer can be combined with Frequent Virgin Club benefits, Tesco Clubcard discounts on Virgin Holidays and online booking discounts.
Apart from those listed above, the offer cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions or discounts applicable within this period, including the Disney Dining Plan promotion.
Virgin Holidays reserves the right to cancel or change this offer at any time.
All holidays are subject to availability and Virgin Holidays standard terms and booking conditions, as featured within the brochure your holiday is booked from or on our website.
The promoter of this offer is Virgin Holidays, The Galleria, Station Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1WW.

Ladyshopper
4th September 2007, 11:28
Hi Sullieb, follow the link above and it shows you the virgin page. Just read it, says you will be sent details of how to apply for gift card within 14 days of promotion end date (24th September). You then have to register for the card by 31st December.

sullieb
4th September 2007, 11:39
Hi Sullieb, follow the link above and it shows you the virgin page. Just read it, says you will be sent details of how to apply for gift card within 14 days of promotion end date (24th September). You then have to register for the card by 31st December.

Thankyou, I was getting redirected to the virgin atlantic site not the virgin holidays site, thought I was going mad for a minute then.

chirpy007
4th September 2007, 18:08
I missed out by 12 days :nono::nono:

Ladyshopper
15th October 2007, 09:52
Got a form through the post today from Virgin to register for my ?100 giftcard. Have to register before 31st December, then it is sent out just before I depart apparently.

Ladyshopper
8th August 2008, 11:20
Had totally forgotten about this, but my ?100 giftcard arrived today, woo hoo!! :D

Freestyle
8th August 2008, 11:22
hiya

Ladyshopper
8th August 2008, 11:23
Mine will be going in the Christmas store, handy for those tesco that don't take MOC!

missfendi
8th August 2008, 11:46
painful, i thought this was a new offer:mad:

chirpy007
8th August 2008, 16:50
painful, i thought this was a new offer:mad:

Me too :(:(:(