PDA

View Full Version : Vouchers due to expire before I need to use them

miss bargainmad
14th September 2007, 16:29
I got a bit panicky this afternoon after reading the "banned" post and ordered hundreds of pounds worth of deals but the problem is I won't be booking until April and they will have expired in 6 months, in March.

Presumably Tesco will take them back if I ring up and explain and credit my account?

Maverick
14th September 2007, 16:30
careful sending back large amounts of vouchers, how many?

Sarah-Jane2
16th September 2007, 09:26
Hiya

I've been reading all the threads on here with much interest and have learned an awful lot, so thanks. Anyway, I currently have about 3400 points on my account this quarter and already have about ?600 worth of clubcard deals from vouchers dating back a couple of years.
Some are due to expire in February,but I'm not planning on booking my holiday until after the May mailing, by which time these will have expired.
I understand that CS will renew these if I ask, but I'm a but wary about ringing them after what I've read. I'm guessing that 3400 points isn't enough to flag me up to them or should I be careful?
Alternatively, could I order the Virgin vouchers just before they expire and then order another load of Virgin vouchers when my May mailing comes? Am very confused by the holiday deals! The total vouchers that are due to expire are only about ?20 worth, so only about ?80 in deals.

Ladyshopper
16th September 2007, 09:28
If they don't expire til Feb, and you want to book in May, then I would convert them in Feb just before they expire. They come with 6 months on in which to use them, so that will take you to May.

Maldives
16th September 2007, 09:40
and if you don't use them after you have changed them you can still send them back and get them put back on your account...

Would suggest when you order your deals, you take copies of the vouchers before you send them to Mr T (assuming these are not the ones redeemable on line), just in case they go missing in the post. But would also suggest you send them special delivery with the postman, not registered but special..

Sarah-Jane2
16th September 2007, 09:51
Thank you, I've just looked and I also have some due to expire at the end of May too so will convert them at the same time. They have online codes on them, I'm guessing this is if I want to redeem them for online shopping (which of course I'm not going to!)

tyroleandancer
16th September 2007, 10:01
Thank you, I've just looked and I also have some due to expire at the end of May too so will convert them at the same time. They have online codes on them, I'm guessing this is if I want to redeem them for online shopping (which of course I'm not going to!)

You can also convert them on line as long as they have an on line code on them
Old vouchers without the code have to redeemed by post :)

ruthie
16th September 2007, 11:01
I think the ones expiring August this year were the last non online ones.

Sarah-Jane2
16th September 2007, 11:13
Great thank you, the less I have to deal with CS the better!

Beej
16th September 2007, 11:45
I think the ones expiring August this year were the last non online ones.

No Ruthie, I have some non online ones for November 07 expiry.HTH

miss bargainmad
17th September 2007, 13:23
it's spread over 3 accounts- maybe ?250 in deals on each

mrsdarts
21st October 2007, 13:11
hi all can anyone help? my mum wants to save for a holiday (got her hooked) she has some vouchers about 20 quid running out soon can she ring anywhere and get them extended if she tells them she is saving for a holiday? :confused:

Beej
21st October 2007, 13:20
When is she planning on booking her holiday? She could convert the vouchers now and they will have 6 months on them, if she doesn't book her holiday within the six month she can send them back and Tesco will re-credit them to her account.

mrsdarts
21st October 2007, 13:43
thanks beej, the holiday will be within the next 2 yrs so i don't think 6 months is long enough, does she just send them or ring first? don't suppose anyone has a number do they?

Shimmer
21st October 2007, 13:48
If they won't extend them she could always buy a cheap deal then change will be credited back to her account.

Shimmer
21st October 2007, 13:52
I did this yonks ago got dry cleaning vouchers at ?1.25 = ?5 in deals. May be minimum amount on them now I will have a check & come back. They can be used in the restaurant not just dry cleaners.

Shimmer
21st October 2007, 13:58
Minimum is now ?2.50 then ?3.75, but is better to do this than let them lapse & someone in the family might need some dry cleaning picked up.

mrsdarts
21st October 2007, 15:22
thanks very much shimmer very helpful

djl1963
21st October 2007, 16:26
I found 12 quid of vouchers last october that had expired.
I rang them up and they added the amount back into my account.

haycorns
22nd October 2007, 10:15
I've sent vouchers back too that I didn't get round to using and they recredited the points

traceyb
16th January 2008, 13:53
I have ?20 in deals tokens with an exipry date of the 31/01/08 on them - can you send these back and get ones with a longer date on them?

I changed them up ages ago specifically to use for a trip to the zoo just before Christmas - and of course my DD was unwell!!

It is unlikely that I would get out with her before the 31/01 - although if it meant I was going to lose the vouchers I'd probably use up a days annual leave!

Have seen posts where it says they can be used elsewhere so if it came to it - could probably use them towards a meal out somewhere - just rather wait and use them for a day out in better weather!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have more than one clubcard - and cant remember what card I got the deals from!

Beej
16th January 2008, 13:57
If they are 'Days Out' tokens (with a S code) you can use them at any of the deals that are NOT pay in full deals. Also you could send them back to Tesco Deals and they will credit them back to your account. HTH

tyroleandancer
16th January 2008, 13:58
you could use them in Johnsons cleaners
Just used some of mine, had my quilts cleaned.

I have some going out of date but am not sure which account they are from??

emzy
12th February 2008, 14:56
i have just booked a honeymoon weekend with my points (yay!) i didn't use as many as expected so have got ?39 (to convert into deals left) they haven't got that long left on them, is there any way of renewing them or putting them back onto my account?

Gizmos
12th February 2008, 14:59
yes you can send them back to be credited in your next statement

Gizmos
12th February 2008, 15:05
have merged with a few similar threads

emzy
12th February 2008, 15:19
i have just booked a honeymoon weekend with my points (yay!) i didn't use as many as expected so have got ?39 (to convert into deals left) they haven't got that long left on them, is there any way of renewing them or putting them back onto my account?
thanks!