PDA

View Full Version : Matching People To Their User Names!!!!

fairystix
22nd September 2007, 12:23
I often wonder, and try to guess, when I buy anything off ebay or chat to ptsers, why they have chosen their user names, if it's related to what they do for a living, etc. Some people I would think are very transparent (no offence meant but ie; whamfanuk......you've got to just love George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley; little miss tidy up...has just got to be so house proud!!......lots of ie childrens, animals names, easy to remember, ie ella2002...guess thats your daughter born in 2002! Anything with nurse, postie etc, speaks for itself.....
I' m wondering about hummer.....do you think he was a bee in a former life!!!
Mine is just too straightforward, it was a name on a beautiful little cottage that just took my fancy....like fairies, etc but not one!!!!!

Gizmos
22nd September 2007, 12:24
Hummer has a Hummer (large vehicle) used to be on avatar

glorious
22nd September 2007, 12:30
Im not glorious well i am but not IYKWIM lol, mine is because it was a glorious sunny day when i signed up to pts,i couldnt think of a username and that was the first thing to come into my head!!!

whamfanuk
22nd September 2007, 12:41
whamfanuk......you've got to just love George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley
:D:D:D

ninja_ang
22nd September 2007, 12:42
Well Suprisingly I'm not actually a ninja!!!! A ninja is a motorbike that my husband has!
xxx

Gizmos
22nd September 2007, 12:44
kawasaki then - is it a 650???? green and purple .........

Ethansnan
22nd September 2007, 12:50
I guess im really obvious as Ethans nanny, im the one who today is cooking food and preparing for 35 guests arriving tomorrow for Ethans 4th Birthday party at my house.

Has to be mine as the garden is bigger for the bouncy castle. Plus we have a lady coming who paints faces and makes balloon animals for the children.

An then as a special treat Ethans nanny gets to clean up all the mess when they go home. Arent I just the lucky one.

ninja_ang
22nd September 2007, 12:55
kawasaki then - is it a 650???? green and purple .........

close, it's a 750, green and white race replica!
Up for sale if anyone is interested!!!!
xxx

tikal73
22nd September 2007, 13:17
I often wonder, and try to guess, when I buy anything off ebay or chat to ptsers, why they have chosen their user names, if it's related to what they do for a living, etc. Some people I would think are very transparent (no offence meant but ie; whamfanuk......you've got to just love George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley; little miss tidy up...has just got to be so house proud!!......lots of ie childrens, animals names, easy to remember, ie ella2002...guess thats your daughter born in 2002! Anything with nurse, postie etc, speaks for itself.....
I' m wondering about hummer.....do you think he was a bee in a former life!!!
Mine is just too straightforward, it was a name on a beautiful little cottage that just took my fancy....like fairies, etc but not one!!!!!

Yes, Hummer is a large vehicle (reminds me of a tank)!! My DH loves them and through Tesco deals last year I got DH Christmas present - an experience day driving one!! Also Hummer if u are reading this, did u know Virgin do car hire of Hummers in USA? I think they are ?100+ a day though! Still I'm sure this price wouldn't worry Hummer.
Incidentally, my user name is Tikal which is a fave, but little know destination of mine in Guatemala. I went there back in 1998. Wouldn't go now though due to all probs Guat has.

Gizmos
22nd September 2007, 13:19
close, it's a 750, green and white race replica!
Up for sale if anyone is interested!!!!
xxx

am thinking of doing boke test but a 750 (even 650) is wayyy to big even if i did DACS 400 for wee mee

justme
22nd September 2007, 13:23
Yes, Hummer is a large vehicle (reminds me of a tank)!! My DH loves them and through Tesco deals last year I got DH Christmas present - an experience day driving one!! Also Hummer if u are reading this, did u know Virgin do car hire of Hummers in USA? I think they are ?100+ a day though! Still I'm sure this price wouldn't worry Hummer.
Incidentally, my user name is Tikal which is a fave, but little know destination of mine in Guatemala. I went there back in 1998. Wouldn't go now though due to all probs Guat has.

hummers are cut down versions of humvee's
this is how you are supposed to drive them to tesco's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yco1deXOzN8

ninja_ang
22nd September 2007, 13:28
am thinking of doing boke test but a 750 (even 650) is wayyy to big even if i did DACS 400 for wee mee

It needs a bit of work doing to it anyway, dh bought it as a project, but never got around to finishing it!
I will never be able to ride a bike, too short, would never be able to hold it up! never mind, I get to be the pillion!
xxx

Maldives
22nd September 2007, 13:35
Now I wonder where I got my name from!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiger
22nd September 2007, 13:39
My name is from my cat, tigerlily, who is my avatar.
I'm not really a huge orange and black cat, but I have been known to growl or get my claws out sometimes. :D

The Wizard of Oz
22nd September 2007, 13:53
My user name is from my favourite film.

Cinderella
22nd September 2007, 13:59
I used to be ellamaffum - combo of my kids names.... then i changed to cinderella, kind of a humourous look at my life right now, still waiting that bloomin fairy godmother to turn up tho!! ;)

*someday my prince will come*

di90
22nd September 2007, 14:06
I used to be ellamaffum - combo of my kids names.... then i changed to cinderella, kind of a humourous look at my life right now, still waiting that bloomin fairy godmother to turn up tho!! ;)

*someday my prince will come*

oo,oo i hope someday my prince will come too, have been waiting 33 years! :(
How do i change my username?

justme
22nd September 2007, 14:07
oo,oo i hope someday my prince will come too, have been waiting 33 years! :(
How do i change my username?

you need to contact a mod

Ladyshopper
22nd September 2007, 15:39
My name randomoly popped into my head when i joined, but it is true, I am female, and I do shop!

f1owers
22nd September 2007, 16:41
Very simple - my name is Flower! (well - Fleur!)

Irishsmurfy
22nd September 2007, 16:46
Mine is also fairly obvious - to me anyway!!

I am Irish and my maiden name was Murphy - hence the Smurf bit!!!

numpty
22nd September 2007, 16:54
I used to work in zoo!

hatterz
22nd September 2007, 16:55
My username is the nickname of the football team that my dh & ds support, which is also the town where my ds & dd were born. Anyone know where it is?

rainbow
22nd September 2007, 16:56
When I joined up I was looking at the sample pictures for avatars, and there was a lovely rainbow.............thinks, that'll do me! Then I had a new grandson in January and changed it temporarily, but it's still there. Had another grandon since then, so should get the three of em together.

Jules_2005
22nd September 2007, 16:57
My username is the nickname of the football team that my dh & ds support, which is also the town where my ds & dd were born. Anyone know where it is?

Luton ?

hatterz
22nd September 2007, 17:00
Luton ?

That didn't take long did it :)

WELSH-DRAGON
22nd September 2007, 17:03
My name matches the way I look:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/crazydaffs/Dragon.jpg

LOL

When I registered firstly on MSE then PTS - I was selling welsh items at car boots such as welsh rugby hats, welsh costumes, used welsh books, videos etc and I had a welsh hat next to me with a welsh dragon on it. So I chose that as my name - I am Welsh but definitely not a dragon LOL. If anything, I am abit too sensitive and worry about what people think about me, probably too much.

I started signing things Welshy because on the newspaper thread on MSE - Rambler (one of the original creators of the thread) used that name whenever he referred to me and I adopted it from then on.

Welshy x

madhouse
22nd September 2007, 18:02
hi

my username is madhouse because i live in a madhouse :eek:, at the time of jointing a had 4 children at home, 1 grandchild plus her father, also me and my hubby, life was mad trying to get them all to school and me to work:eek:

Ladyshopper
22nd September 2007, 18:04
My name matches the way I look:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/crazydaffs/Dragon.jpg

LOL

When I registered firstly on MSE then PTS - I was selling welsh items at car boots such as welsh rugby hats, welsh costumes, used welsh books, videos etc and I had a welsh hat next to me with a welsh dragon on it. So I chose that as my name - I am Welsh but definitely not a dragon LOL. If anything, I am abit too sensitive and worry about what people think about me, probably too much.

I started signing things Welshy because on the newspaper thread on MSE - Rambler (one of the original creators of the thread) used that name whenever he referred to me and I adopted it from then on.

Welshy x

You got any stuff left Welshy, my DS is nuts about dragons? We have ornaments and cuddly toys galore. He also loves giraffes, strange combination!!

fairystix
22nd September 2007, 18:19
Mine is also fairly obvious - to me anyway!!

I am Irish and my maiden name was Murphy - hence the Smurf bit!!!

Am disappointed now, thought you had connections with the irish smurfs!!!!! LOL

Angel
22nd September 2007, 18:21
I am not quite sure how I became Angel actually :cool:

Grace & Favour
22nd September 2007, 18:40
And me . . . . well - - - - I wanted a name that didn't reflect me at all . . .

Grace & Favour is a phrase that indicates substantial freebies . . (like John Prescott's London House he lived in for 11 years!) . .

and Grace is also the little abandoned cat we took in (she was left in a taped up box on the steps of our local Vets) . . - so we gave her a G&F home!!!!

pogoparadise
22nd September 2007, 20:15
Mine is the name of my previous website which I handed over to a fellow admin last week. It was a fansite to pogo.com a games website. However pogoparadise was originally named after a DVD by Green Day. :)

taffyswife
22nd September 2007, 20:20
Mines easy - married to a welsh man.:):)

princesskerry
22nd September 2007, 20:24
Kerry because thats my name, princess because thats what my hubby calls me. Maybe when we have our little girl the name will be passed on!:D

I am 26 by the way not 16!!!!!:D

dinkydoo
22nd September 2007, 20:52
my nickname when I was little girl, cos I was so tiny!

flookie
22nd September 2007, 20:54
Im flookie because its my oh's nickname,formed from his surname.Not quite sure why ive got it,but dd gets called little flookie,got her dads surname,and oh flookie so i guess i felt left out!!!

kirsjude
22nd September 2007, 21:13
From my children - Kirstie and Jude :)

catgirl03
22nd September 2007, 21:21
Well mines because I love cats surprise, surprise and would like to be one!! (a pampered one like all mine have been) and the 3 is because thats how many I've had.

lol
Annie

bluesue34
22nd September 2007, 21:29
Well mines pretty easy to work out, my favourite colour is blue, my name is Sue, but sadly i'm not 34 anymore:(,

Cinderella
22nd September 2007, 21:31
Well mines pretty easy to work out, my favourite colour is blue, my name is Sue, but sadly i'm not 34 anymore:(,
well u say easy to work out :lol: how many ppl thought it could be the other blue?? c'mon own up guys....

Cinderella
22nd September 2007, 21:33
just to add bluesue your avatar is fab!! i love it :)

pogoparadise
22nd September 2007, 21:34
how many ppl thought it could be the other blue?? c'mon own up guys....

lol I thought she maybe a bluenose, rivals of the mighty Villa

bluwkd
22nd September 2007, 21:56
I hate bluwkd the alcopop.. and am rubbish at picking usernames :)

so I guess, blu(e) as i'm a city fan... and wkd, cos i'm...... nah, am just rubbish at picking usernames ;)

fairystix
22nd September 2007, 21:57
well u say easy to work out :lol: how many ppl thought it could be the other blue?? c'mon own up guys....

That's why I thought it could be an interesting thread, loads of people misconstruing (wow) other peoples identities......
Now then domthemon.....dominic the moneyman/monster/monkey/!!!!!!!!!
Weimaranermerlin......character out of harry potter or a a lovely dog called merlin.....god I really must get a life!!!!!!!

zoot
22nd September 2007, 22:08
Zoot is my favourite Muppet. (Surely everyone has a favourite muppet?)

NinaB
22nd September 2007, 22:20
Sadly no original interesting story to mine! Nina is my first name and B is the start of my surname. :( Managed to keep the same initials when I got married by carefully selecting my boyfriends lol. Had to really coz they're on my number plate.

maleficent_mum
22nd September 2007, 22:32
Well obviously I'm green skinned, yet strangely quite beautiful with the ability to turn into a large ferocious dragon when I get angry.:D
DH would probably agree with the dragon bit but in truth I'm a Disney Addict and just happen to think Maleficent is the best character they've created. I'm a bit of a fan and collect Maleficent memorabilia and pin badges.

Mum bit got added because I can never get just Maleficent as a user name, she's a popular gal. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/maleficent_bounce.gif

ben500
22nd September 2007, 22:35
We didn't think too much about our name :)

Tabby
22nd September 2007, 22:35
When I signed up to LPF (a forum that has now closed down) I used my cat's name for two reasons; she was on my lap at the time and I thought I might forget something made up or clever.
Once you've chosen a name it sort of becomes part of what you are and pets are a big part of my life.
I agree that user names and avatars give you an insight into peoples characters and I like lots of the names and pictures people on here have.:)

Unintended Muse
22nd September 2007, 23:57
I chose my name when I joined MSE and brought it over to PTS as I knew the 2 sites had quite a few posters in common.. plus I kinda like it. :D

The Muse part comes from 1 of my favourite bands - Muse
Unintended is the name of 1 of their tracks, which is also a favourite of mine.

alibongo
23rd September 2007, 00:13
I chose my name when I joined MSE and brought it over to PTS as I knew the 2 sites had quite a few posters in common.. plus I kinda like it. :D

The Muse part comes from 1 of my favourite bands - Muse
Unintended is the name of 1 of their tracks, which is also a favourite of mine.

I also love Muse, my user name is just what they used to call me in school.

mummyglass
23rd September 2007, 07:04
My user nameis obvious. Iam a mummy and my surname is Glass. Very boring really.

Cinderella
23rd September 2007, 12:39
My user nameis obvious. Iam a mummy and my surname is Glass. Very boring really.

you could have had a glass eye- if unaware of your surname... ;)

6lilpigs
23rd September 2007, 13:44
Well when I started I was 3lilpigs as per 3 kids which has steadily progressed to 6lilpigs but funnily enough my surname is Wolfe, so my lilpigs all call me the big bad Wolfe.

Grace & Favour
23rd September 2007, 14:14
Zoot is my favourite Muppet. (Surely everyone has a favourite muppet?)

My favourite muppet currently works as a Tesco CS 'erbert!

points*makes*prizes
23rd September 2007, 16:47
Well obviously I'm green skinned, yet strangely quite beautiful with the ability to turn into a large ferocious dragon when I get angry.:D
DH would probably agree with the dragon bit but in truth I'm a Disney Addict and just happen to think Maleficent is the best character they've created. I'm a bit of a fan and collect Maleficent memorabilia and pin badges.

Mum bit got added because I can never get just Maleficent as a user name, she's a popular gal. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/maleficent_bounce.gif

I'm a maleficent fan as well

borderlakeland
23rd September 2007, 16:51
Mine was suposed to be Borderlakeland,but missed an e out due to too many orange juices when i signed up(hoping mods can change it)
cos that is the type of dog we have a border x lakeland terrier this is Maddie

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x202/borderlakeland/hydeparkandmabel041-1.jpg

spuds1974
23rd September 2007, 16:54
I know...that orange juice is a nightmare!! :D

Maddie's gorgeous

pookienoodle
23rd September 2007, 16:55
Mine is from a pet name someone used to call me years ago.
I have no clue where it came from.
anyone have any ideas?

Gizmos
23rd September 2007, 16:58
I heard Michael Barryman on a TV show calling someone Pookie before - term of endearment apparently

bluesue34
23rd September 2007, 19:47
just to add bluesue your avatar is fab!! i love it :)

Thanks Cinderella:D

borderlakeland
23rd September 2007, 20:43
I know...that orange juice is a nightmare!! :D

Maddie's gorgeous

thank you i will tell her. she is a bit of a cutie

mutley muppet
23rd September 2007, 20:50
I chose my username after my lurcher Mutley (my avatar) who is often also called Muppet. :p

LoveABargain
23rd September 2007, 21:00
I didn't give a lot of thought to my username when I first joined - I just picked it because I was joining a money saving type site - if I'd realised at the time how long I'd spend on here ;) I probably would've picked somthing else but now I'm use to it................ I'm envious of other people's funky usernames :D

It always confuses me though when 2 people have the same avatar as I always link avatars/usernames

gobbyash
23rd September 2007, 21:25
I can't remember why I chose gobbyash. Ash is obvious, as it is short for Ashley.

When I first hooked up onto t'internet in 1999 with my slow dial up connection, I joined aol. I think I maybe tried a couple of different names to set up my email address but they had been taken - so I chose gobbyash.

I then joined a financial website and I took my username from my email address and it has stuck ever since.

It's quite funny because gobby is the opposite of what I actually am, which is very quiet, normally :)

gobby

baffled
23rd September 2007, 21:34
Vot iss ziss talking all about?

pleesss?

fairystix
23rd September 2007, 21:55
I can't remember why I chose gobbyash. Ash is obvious, as it is short for Ashley.

When I first hooked up onto t'internet in 1999 with my slow dial up connection, I joined aol. I think I maybe tried a couple of different names to set up my email address but they had been taken - so I chose gobbyash.

I then joined a financial website and I took my username from my email address and it has stuck ever since.

It's quite funny because gobby is the opposite of what I actually am, which is very quiet, normally :)

gobby

and we all believe that...................................!

Cinderella
23rd September 2007, 21:56

gobby

yah right.....:D

justme
23rd September 2007, 21:57
Vot iss ziss talking all about?

pleesss?

dunno i'm baffled

fairystix
23rd September 2007, 21:58
yah right.....:D

hee,hee great minds think alike!!!!

baffled
23rd September 2007, 22:08
dunno i'm baffled

Lol!

5mins.,

I'll just bob-off and interrogate the E.U. DNA Data Registry!

[always had a nagging fear that I may be a clone].

B.. :)

Cinderella
23rd September 2007, 22:13
Baffled urs is self explanatory!! :hug:

clockwatcher
23rd September 2007, 22:14
My username comes from when I used to watch the clock, and intermittently look out of the window too, for an hour or more every teatime, waiting for DH to get home from work, as I was exhausted and frazzled with the kids. Now he works in Ireland, and comes home at weekends, so maybe I should change my name to calendarwatcher. Doesn't sound quite right though.

My ebay name is in memory of a friend who died three years ago - it includes part of his ebay name.

tanner833
23rd September 2007, 22:16
Mines easy.....a tanners not a full shilling.......:)

Cinderella
23rd September 2007, 22:20
Mines easy.....a tanners not a full shilling.......:)
should have been ellamaffumtanner :lol: excellent!

baffled
23rd September 2007, 22:31
I really have to say that for me the most intruiging 'handle' is owned by.............Stinky-Minky!

Eeeek!

:painkiller: .......:painkiller:........surely not?

H&B tutorial available........... [Boots and Tesco to B.Sc. level] plus an optional module which deals with 'Carbooting and Returns on Capital Employed'.

B.. ;) ;)

B..

Miles
23rd September 2007, 22:37
hi all. came acccross this site by accident, and it all looks very interesting- work shifts as well so awake at strange hours !!
Miles is my name

zoot
23rd September 2007, 22:38
Welcome Miles, a member for only a few minutes and posting all ready! Good to see you.

Miles
23rd September 2007, 22:40
Welcome Miles, a member for only a few minutes and posting all ready! Good to see you.

yip,i dont mess about

thx for the welcome

baffled
23rd September 2007, 22:51
hi all. came acccross this site by accident, and it all looks very interesting- work shifts as well so awake at strange hours !!
Miles is my name

Hi Miles and welcome,

If yr. keen on Tesco pts. accumulation yr. in 'possibly' the best place.

Keep yr. eye on 'new posts' and give the 'stickies' a read thru.

If in doubt... simply ask!................'First Aiders' seem to average a 5min. response time.

Good luck.......

Best,

B..

Miles
23rd September 2007, 22:58
Thx Baffled..v.gud of u m8
just reading some of the threads..bit long some of them, cud be a while

suesmith
23rd September 2007, 23:01
mine is indeed my real name - now how boring is that - dont know why i picked that cos normally im either walkdengirl (from where i was born) or orbitalgirl cos of certain piercings i have - maybe ive just realised i can't be a girl anymore boohoo

baffled
23rd September 2007, 23:20
just reading some of the threads..bit long some of them, cud be a while

Indeed........

So..... [tip] use the 'new post' button to identify 'what's current' ......... and there's a shed-load of 'tweaks' in the stickies.

Re. this particular thread...........

Yr. Tardis has landed 'off the mainstream'...............chapettes/chaps are booting a 'Who is .....and Why'? subject around........

However............

Hope it all..........'Suits You'..........

B..

tigger73
24th September 2007, 07:26
I am tigger by default, I adore tigers but that had already been taken, so decided on the cartoon version. it seems there are quite a few of us tiggers as well.

Cookie Monster
24th September 2007, 13:20
I am afraid to say that I am a chocolate fan, and when I saw the Cookie Monster avatar, I thought 'that's apt!!'
When I was pregnant with my 1st dd, I ate a family sized bar of chocolate most nights, and assumed that once babes was born, the weight would disappear. I went from 10 stone to 14 stone, and my dd was only 7lb when born (the rest of the weight was chocolate bars)
Am pleased to say that i've almost lost all my excess weight, but am still a chocolate fiend!!

Khufu
24th September 2007, 13:23
I'm just khufu cos when I wanted to change my name I looked around the study and saw DD1's game which she wanted to sell on ebay called Khufu's Revenge - I could just as easily been stapler or dirty coffee cup

Miles
24th September 2007, 22:51
thx baffled

Sort of got that
cheers

Gizmos
24th September 2007, 22:52
I'm just khufu cos when I wanted to change my name I looked around the study and saw DD1's game which she wanted to sell on ebay called Khufu's Revenge - I could just as easily been stapler or dirty coffee cup

is that a name change request - one dirty coffee cup coming up - maybe I should be duvet

indy
24th September 2007, 23:25
Indy is the dogs name as pictured in avertar also becausse the indiana jones films are some of my favorite films and also like indy music

olliebaby
25th September 2007, 10:16
Olliebaby is because I have big dark brown eyes (which my family said looks like an owl? charming!!) and I was the baby (youngest) of the family.

navara
25th September 2007, 12:03
Mine's the Tax, VAT and fuel saving set of wheels in my Avatar:D:hippie:

Effie
25th September 2007, 13:12
I chose Effie, a spur of the moment thought. I had a daft auntie Effie so maybe it's appropriate :der:

artydoll
25th September 2007, 15:07
I chose Artydoll,because I've always been a bit artistic ,always making stuff,and I've recently been making and collection tiny baby dolls for my growing collection of dollshouses.
check out my website
http://artydollsminibabes.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y

ChickenCottage
25th September 2007, 15:23
Mine's a bit obvious :lol:
http://members.aol.com/chickencottage1/IMG_1025.JPG

fairystix
25th September 2007, 16:12

Ah bless!!!!!!!!

coupon queen
25th September 2007, 16:17
Its what the family call me, and it has been said in Mr. Ts by the poor people behind me in the Q!!!!!!!

Cinderella
26th September 2007, 14:08
I chose Effie, a spur of the moment thought. I had a daft auntie Effie so maybe it's appropriate :der:

could have been effie nell ..... :fear::lol:

cat04
26th September 2007, 14:28
my nickname when I was little girl, cos I was so tiny!

I used to call DD1 that when she was a baby as she only weighed 5lb 12oz and really was a Dinky Doo!

Mine is a name I started using a few years ago for usernames on various websites that required one. Cat because my name is Catherine, and 04 because that is the year my DD1 was born, and it's stuck ever since.

spuds1974
26th September 2007, 14:30
I look like a bag of spuds and was born in 1974.

No, my boyfriend has always called me spuds because i'm a Spurs fan, well that's what he tells me!!

moore590
26th September 2007, 15:06
moore 590 is from my surname
no it is not moore590 just numbers

tiger
26th September 2007, 16:50
I chose Artydoll,because I've always been a bit artistic ,always making stuff,and I've recently been making and collection tiny baby dolls for my growing collection of dollshouses.
check out my website
http://artydollsminibabes.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y

How long does it take you to make the dolls? They are very good.

marcellep
26th September 2007, 16:58
Usernames is a funny subject

Members on her and MSE always think I am a female when in fact I am all Male lol -

Names comes from my darling wife - Marcelle - P is the 1st letter of our surname. I always wanted to change the username but I am know on many sites by it.

Here-Ebay - MSE - Rpoints - and many more

fairystix
26th September 2007, 17:02
could have been effie nell ..... :fear::lol:

Oh dear, have had such a laugh on here today re smileys thread, etc this just tops it off......love this site even though my work is beginning to suffer................................:laugh::laug h::laugh:

Grace & Favour
26th September 2007, 17:45

Ah - to be sure - but someone's nicked yer cottage . . . . . . . :)

spuds1974
26th September 2007, 17:50
Ah - to be sure - but someone's nicked yer cottage . . . . . . . :)

:rofl:

fairystix
26th September 2007, 18:13
:rofl:

X twice:lol::lol::lol::lol:

artydoll
26th September 2007, 19:40
How long does it take you to make the dolls? They are very good.

Hi
Takes me about 5 days to finish a tiny dollhouse baby ,another 2 days for a knitted blanket . Haven't made any for a while ,been doing up my modern house ,dollhouse I mean LOL
Thanks for your interest.

Made in Devon
12th June 2008, 12:45
I am not asking anyone to give out personal information about themselves on the forum...
However, some of the user names we have are pretty amusing, and whereas some are totally obvious, some of the names are boggling...

I would love to know how you came up with your names!

I am Made in Devon...... self explanatory really, born and bred in Devon, moved away a few years back.

I am guessing Reggaelover has a certain taste in music?
Paulapudding? presume she has a sweet tooth?

marmaliser
12th June 2008, 12:46
There is allready a thread on this somewhere. Have a peak around to see if you can find it.

PipkinSam
12th June 2008, 18:35
I used to watch Pipkins when I was little!

big momma
12th June 2008, 19:30
because i am big built + my kids say i am like big momma in the films

charlie
12th June 2008, 19:32
charlie is my gorgeous first grandson

spareshoe
12th June 2008, 19:34
When I'm looking for a pair of shoes can never.

jordsbabe
12th June 2008, 20:06
I'm my hubby's babe!:love:

Darkangel709
12th June 2008, 20:12
Mine was from school many many years ago, dark because i have dark brown hair and angel because i used to get away with murder with the teachers and everyone thought i was an angel....709 well that was one of the email addys that it would let me have and was into startrek as well so thought why not go for it and its stuck ever since.....

Numpty which zoo did you used to work in??

rach109
12th June 2008, 20:29
mine is very boring my name and house number !

SUSIEQ
12th June 2008, 20:34
my nickname. caught on from a colleague in my New York office (I travel a bit with work) who started calling me this (imagine New York accent) and it stuck.
susieq

sweepy
12th June 2008, 21:11
Mine was sons favourite toy when little we still have it but very well loved lol.
sweepyxx

far canel
12th June 2008, 21:12
mine is very boring my name and house number !

thats my house number as well
are you my wife, because i don't see her to often these days, what with H&B and car booting:)

novagirl
12th June 2008, 21:15
Mine is my first ever car and well, I'm a girl lol.

manda1205
12th June 2008, 21:41
manda cos thats my name and NO ONE ever pronounces the A at the beginning! and 1205 cos thats my birthday! Yet again the MODs amaze me with their memories of past threads! I need more brain training I think. :)

angelic
12th June 2008, 21:58
Couldn't think of a name when I signed up and didn't want to use my Ebay one.

Angelic popped into my head as there is a joke amongst a few friends who bought me a fluffy halo and made me wear it .... I do believe in angels and know my guardian angel has helped me out of a few sticky situations :)

I can't exactly claim to be angelic, but I do like helping others whenever I can :)

Scottishnellie
12th June 2008, 22:01
Scottish - self explanatory
Nellie - My dads pet name for me (not my real name)

and I chose the avatar as the most famous Nellie was a course the elephant. I like the fact this one dances a bit mad - makes it more like me!

I use this on most forums and have done for 10 years or so.

angel,dust
12th June 2008, 22:15
my OH chose mine....... who knows what it would have been if he was peeved with me lol

Zaul
12th June 2008, 22:15
Have just been reading this thread and feel I know a lot of you loads better.
In stitches at some of the tales.
Mine simply comes from a dog I used to have many years ago. lisa84's avatar would give you an idea!!

biganni
12th June 2008, 22:26
Bit boring for me Im afraid.... My names Anni and Im tall.... 5ft 10

sanmarco5
12th June 2008, 22:29
OK mine is my name San(sandra) hubby Mar (Mark) co(&co for the kids!) and the 5 cos theres 5 of us, we use it for everything and have done for the past 8 years since we have been on line.

Polo
12th June 2008, 22:34
Well! Mines Polo..... I can't tell you why, as that would get a banning....But I'm really not that rude - its been my nickname a long time.....

Its a wotsit, an acroynm....

Poppyfields
12th June 2008, 22:45
slugbug my sons nickname when he was a kid ..... used to slither not crawl around eating everything in his path!!

Jules_2005
12th June 2008, 22:47
Yet again the MODs amaze me with their memories of past threads! I need more brain training I think. :)

I only used the search function to look for user names and found the old thread. It's an amazing but under used tool on here ;)

muddles
12th June 2008, 23:26
I'm MUDDLES - a work colleague once nicknamed me - after the character muddles in Cinderella, simply because I do silly things though, I'm highly intelligent with loads of qualifications really;
I use to sing 'The marbles that you Ate' instead of 'The marble statuate' - a Charlie Pride song and to this day still don't know whether John Denver's Annie song was 'like a sea peopled ocean' or a 'sleepy blue ocean'
I'm always the last to get a joke; esp the dirty ones & even when I do I get it wrong, i've been on video visiting entering the men's loo (where I went about my business, washed my hands without even realising) and coming out to a round of applause.
I ended up 1st class going to Florida for my best friends daughters wedding,
while the rest of the bridal party looked on only to see me squashed against the window by a huge and I MEAN HUGE American lady, I was so delighted to get off the plane I left 1000 Regal KS in the overhead locker, needless to say never to be found!!
Oh I could write a book 'twould be a best seller!!! sorry for boring you all
Cheers :)

DEE01
12th June 2008, 23:26

Hi

Is it Sunny Luton ??????? Not to far from Northants

Sorry didn't read all of the thread - it has already been answered.

Mines quite boring

Dee because my name is Denise and 01 because its an easy number to remember.

Darkangel709
13th June 2008, 09:34
Shame about the hatterz drive down luton quite often as OH lives down there and works in luton itself.....lol

addictedtosaving
13th June 2008, 11:52
I'm MUDDLES - a work colleague once nicknamed me - after the character muddles in Cinderella, simply because I do silly things though, I'm highly intelligent with loads of qualifications really;
I use to sing 'The marbles that you Ate' instead of 'The marble statuate' - a Charlie Pride song and to this day still don't know whether John Denver's Annie song was 'like a sea peopled ocean' or a 'sleepy blue ocean'
I'm always the last to get a joke; esp the dirty ones & even when I do I get it wrong, i've been on video visiting entering the men's loo (where I went about my business, washed my hands without even realising) and coming out to a round of applause.
I ended up 1st class going to Florida for my best friends daughters wedding,
while the rest of the bridal party looked on only to see me squashed against the window by a huge and I MEAN HUGE American lady, I was so delighted to get off the plane I left 1000 Regal KS in the overhead locker, needless to say never to be found!!
Oh I could write a book 'twould be a best seller!!! sorry for boring you all
Cheers :)

Muddles, that was brilliant. Tell us more of your 'tales'. Perhaps you could start a new thread with them in it. I particularly liked the one about you going in the men's loos and coming out to a round of applause. :D

carebabe
13th June 2008, 12:13
first half of my user name is from the work i do. the second half is because i think of myself as still in my twenties.;)

littlemissnaughty
13th June 2008, 12:23
My dh came on here first and set up the account for him, his name was smoothe! God knows why he choose that name :confused: Anyway within about 2 weeks I took over his account and hated being known as smoothe, just wasn't really me. So I asked the mods if I could change my name to Littlemissnaughty, it is much more me than smoothe. I actually chose the name because my dd is so naughty and we call her littlemissnaughty. Now she is known as little littlemissnaughty as named by cookie monster!

red devil
13th June 2008, 12:52
Mine's easy really. Chose it after my favourite football team.

muddles
13th June 2008, 14:54
Muddles, that was brilliant. Tell us more of your 'tales'. Perhaps you could start a new thread with them in it. I particularly liked the one about you going in the men's loos and coming out to a round of applause. :D

Agh thanks Hon, not much common sense but You'd have thought me sense of smell would have told me I was in the wrong place!:D Sorry boys!!:behindsofa:

Luctongirl
14th June 2008, 18:55
my school

GemLou
14th June 2008, 23:18
my dd1's name is Gemma Louise and I use that. Can never think of anything exciting, but would go for GlamRockGal if got to choose now due to my love of bighaired musicans like Motley Crue and Bon Jovi lol.

PS if anyone would like to send me a ticket to see Bon Jovi - as I am not going to see them this yr boohoo as skint.

Polo
14th June 2008, 23:24
my dd1's name is Gemma Louise and I use that. Can never think of anything exciting, but would go for GlamRockGal if got to choose now due to my love of bighaired musicans like Motley Crue and Bon Jovi lol.

PS if anyone would like to send me a ticket to see Bon Jovi - as I am not going to see them this yr boohoo as skint.

Sorry....but mine all mine!

Shame you can't afford it, I will endevour to take some pics to share though! :clap2:

GemLou
14th June 2008, 23:28
I know you are going Polo - saw yr original post .have a great time - which i am sure you will - Jon is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lovely, drool.

please send me som piccies, will be gasping for them.

Lost Highway is a great song.

PipkinSam
15th June 2008, 17:39
I used to watch Pipkins when I was little... bring back Hartley Hare and Octavia Ostrich..... If you were not little in 1970s then you won't have a clue what I am on about!!!

Gizmos
15th June 2008, 17:41
I used to watch Pipkins when I was little... bring back Hartley Hare and Octavia Ostrich..... If you were not little in 1970s then you won't have a clue what I am on about!!!

Tuesday lunchtime - her who is now in Corrie was in it??

joedog
15th June 2008, 19:18
when i joined this site looked at the avaters and saw mine as so like my dog called joe had to be joedog

Freebird
16th June 2008, 07:26
Ermmm.....I was a total rock chick in my younger days (just a closet one now) and Freebird is one of my all time fave songs from the days when I spent years backpacking around the world....free as a bird!

baffled
16th June 2008, 23:06
Wots this fred about ??

clockwatcher
16th June 2008, 23:20
Wots this fred about ??

Fred is one of the Homepride flour graders. :)

addictedtosaving
17th June 2008, 08:35
Tuesday lunchtime - her who is now in Corrie was in it??

Who is in Corrie that used to be in Pipkins?

For those who don't know what Pipkins is:-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dMoS1yXDbX8

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lckgVE5QSWc

This took me on a trip down memory lane, used to love this but Rainbow was my favourite.

PipkinSam
17th June 2008, 18:38
Audrey was Miss Pop-off - or something like that - she used to sneeze and then pop off somewhere else!