PDA

View Full Version : Booking Centre Parcs through Frenchlife.

Pages : [1] 2

SuzyWoo
4th October 2007, 11:21
Just phoned up FL and you can (so I was told) use Deals vouchers against any holiday in the brochure. However (didn't you know there would be an however!), they are not in the advance brochure and have not yet signed up to next year's brochure so it's a bit of a waiting game. Hopefully though they will be and that will mean bookings with deals can be made!

susieb
4th October 2007, 12:01
Didnt know FL did Centerparcs! Really?

I supopse if they dont do next year there's always ITC - anyone know what they are like?

shopsomemore
4th October 2007, 13:50
Oh Thats sounding good then. Lets hope they sign up.

louisew
4th October 2007, 17:29
fingers crossed - we love centerparcs:bounce:

marie
4th October 2007, 18:58
Thats would be good, I love centre parcs

salsa
5th October 2007, 12:43
Checkout centre parcs in Belguim - it's costing me ?470 for 7 DAYS at WHITSUN including bikes as opposed to ?1500 at Sherwood Forest not including bikes.

Eurostar virtually to their door (paid by tesco's of course)

HTH someone

Cyrano
5th October 2007, 19:58
Checkout centre parcs in Belguim - it's costing me ?470 for 7 DAYS at WHITSUN including bikes as opposed to ?1500 at Sherwood Forest not including bikes.

HTH someone

Sounds good :)

stinky minky
5th October 2007, 20:39
Just phoned up FL and you can (so I was told) use Deals vouchers against any holiday in the brochure. However (didn't you know there would be an however!), they are not in the advance brochure and have not yet signed up to next year's brochure so it's a bit of a waiting game. Hopefully though they will be and that will mean bookings with deals can be made!

would that be only center parcs in france then?

louisew
6th October 2007, 10:58

HTH someone

Yes, it's such a rip-off in England. We found the activities much cheaper too when we went to one in Holland.

jackslass
6th October 2007, 19:35
any ferries from hull to belguin with deals??

NinaB
6th October 2007, 20:56
Thanks for that SuzyWoo, would LOVE it if deals could be used for a UK center parcs stay!

(p.s. nice to see another Depeche Mode fan on here :))

saj722
9th October 2007, 10:08
you can go p & o hull to zeebrugge(or rotterdam) but they are coming out of deals & bookings must be made by 311107
we have gone club class (5 of us) excellent with free mini bar

SuzyWoo
9th October 2007, 10:11
CP UK would be a great deal, if only!

Went to Sherwood Forest CP this weekend. The new Cafe Rouge is nearly ready to be opened. If only we could use vouchers there, we'd be able to eat for free if nothing else!

GoatBoy
9th October 2007, 19:24

Went to Sherwood Forest CP this weekend. The new Cafe Rouge is nearly ready to be opened. If only we could use vouchers there, we'd be able to eat for free if nothing else!

Are Cafe Rouge at Centerparcs excluded from CC deals then? :mad:

torianut
9th October 2007, 21:05
OOh been to sherwood in September - where are they putting cafe rouge??

ohsobusy
9th October 2007, 21:32
thanks for this Suzy. Does that mean any of the "apartment" breaks are still included because FL centre parcs dont do accomodation for more that 6 peeps :( and we always take my mum. There were some fab apartment deals though that weren't centre parcs that I was looking at through FL before they took the apartment section out of deals. Would be interested in some of those because there are some next door to Eurodisney. Gotta spread it about before I can rep you though. :)

jackslass
11th October 2007, 21:10
i cant get it to show me any prices online?????

SuzyWoo
27th December 2007, 12:27
It is good news!!!! Not showing online yet, but just had the 2008 brochure are showing Centre Parcs! Also there is a brand new one opening in the Picardy area, 47 miles from Reims - yippee!!!

Grace & Favour
27th December 2007, 12:32
It is good news!!!! Not showing online yet, but just had the 2008 brochure are showing Centre Parcs! Also there is a brand new one opening in the icardy area, 47 miles from Reims - yippee!!!

Great stuff Suzy - . .

and did you mean 'icardy' or are you taking the 'p'?:)

SuzyWoo
27th December 2007, 12:33
LOL! Will go and edit that!

Tabby
27th December 2007, 12:46
thanks for this Suzy. Does that mean any of the "apartment" breaks are still included because FL centre parcs dont do accomodation for more that 6 peeps :( and we always take my mum. There were some fab apartment deals though that weren't centre parcs that I was looking at through FL before they took the apartment section out of deals. Would be interested in some of those because there are some next door to Eurodisney. Gotta spread it about before I can rep you though. :)

I've booked an apartment through French Life for next year using Deals. http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=358281&postcount=13
I have also been to the Center Parcs in Normandy using French Life and Deals and I had a good time. I didn't find it as well organised as Elveden in the UK but it was still very nice and the kids loved it. The new Center Parcs is very close to Disneyland Paris (deliberately I would think) so it will be very popular. I would book early if you want school holidays there.:)

GoatBoy
27th December 2007, 14:38
It is good news!!!! Not showing online yet, but just had the 2008 brochure are showing Centre Parcs! Also there is a brand new one opening in the Picardy area, 47 miles from Reims - yippee!!!

Suzy,

Please forgive me for being thick, bored, hungover, back at work, depressed, massively overdrawn & male but does this mean we can pay for UK Centerparcs stays with Deals?

There's GOT to be a light at the end of the tunnel that is NOT an oncoming train.............

SuzyWoo
27th December 2007, 14:46
No, only those in France. :)

GoatBoy
27th December 2007, 15:08
No, only those in France. :)

Well, you're no use are you?

I'll have to find the will to live elsewhere..............

(Smilies not working for me - please be assured that my tongue is firmly in my cheek)

SuzyWoo
27th December 2007, 15:18
That's OK lol! ;) France'll do for me - booking CP UK with deals is still an 'if only'!

heatherbelle
27th December 2007, 18:17
There is nothing on-line for centre Pacs yet, so I take it we need to send for the actual broucher to be able to get the prices.

How far away is it from Disney Paris please? Never been to France before.

Edit - Silly me, just read Suzy's orignal post, they aren't on line yet!! Too much red wine! Hic!

rach109
28th December 2007, 13:10

fab ! off to order a brochure ! :clap2:

rach109
28th December 2007, 15:08
this one is showing on frenchlife.co.uk but cannot get further info on it

Center Parcs Les Bois Francs
http://www.frenchlife.co.uk/uce/fl?lang=en&action=qsearch&fromPage=home&currency=26&region=Normandy&countryId=23&propertyTypeId=3&regionId=1994&sleeps=4&go.x=18&go.y=19 bottom of page

is this the new one you mention ? http://www.centerparcs.com/EN/GB/villages/lac_dailette

SuzyWoo
28th December 2007, 17:24
That's the one Rach. It's in the actual FL brochure, just not online yet.

polokingkeith
29th December 2007, 12:25
Hi All, Can I just clarify that I'm following this correctly, the new center parcs site you're talking about (near Paris) is now in the new 2008 French Life brochure which we can use deals for????:shocked: I have a 2007 FL brochure and there is nothing in there except the old two CParcs in France? Crossing everything that this is correct, thanx

SuzyWoo
29th December 2007, 12:50
That's correct Keith. I received the new brochure this week, complete with details of the new CP site. The new parc must have only just opened. The link Rach put up tell you all about it.
When I rang earlier in the year I was told we could use deals to book anything in the FL brochure (but at that point they hadn't got confirmation that CP would be in the 2008 brochure).

nixieh
29th December 2007, 12:53
This looks amazing, I can't believe how cheap the French Center Parcs are compared to the UK, I have just priced up a midweek break for Jan 09 and it was about ?300 which would only be about ?75 in Clubcard points! Definitely going to start looking into this for 2009!

polokingkeith
29th December 2007, 18:07
That is absolutely brill news and the new CP village looks great, does anyone have a rough idea how long it would take to drive there from Calais/channel tunnel ish area? It's strange how all the European CPs are soooo much cheaper than the UK ones:( As we live in the North we have quite a hike to get to France for a short break, but it will be hard to resist using deals:D

SuzyWoo
29th December 2007, 18:09
About 2 1/2 hours drive I would guess. I used to travel that way a fair bit, but that was many years ago now.

rach109
29th December 2007, 18:44
That is absolutely brill news and the new CP village looks great, does anyone have a rough idea how long it would take to drive there from Calais/channel tunnel ish area? It's strange how all the European CPs are soooo much cheaper than the UK ones:( As we live in the North we have quite a hike to get to France for a short break, but it will be hard to resist using deals:D

according to theaa.com its

To: Calais,France
Distance: 144.2 miles
Time: 2 hr 34 min

SuzyWoo
29th December 2007, 18:51
ooh, not a bad guess then lol! ;)

polokingkeith
29th December 2007, 18:54
Thanks for that Rach and Suzy, I just got a price for a premier villa, midweek break in Aug which works out at ?531, can't believe it, the UK CPs want over ?1,000 for the same midweek break in similar acc! What I was wondering though, are FL charging the same prices in their 2008 brochure as the CP web site? Or are they adding more on to get their own cut? And does that include ferry crossing with FL? Suzy, are the prices similar in the FL brochure?

rach109
29th December 2007, 19:00
Thanks for that Rach and Suzy, I just got a price for a premier villa, midweek break in Aug which works out at ?531, can't believe it, the UK CPs want over ?1,000 for the same midweek break in similar acc! What I was wondering though, are FL charging the same prices in their 2008 brochure as the CP web site? Or are they adding more on to get their own cut? And does that include ferry crossing with FL? Suzy, are the prices similar in the FL brochure?

mad isnt it !!

we love UK center parcs, but refuse to pay the stupid school holiday prices !!

i was going to book a week in the sun somewhere with deals for aug,with cosmos

but now i am very tempted to do the apartments near Disneyland Paris, and then center parcs for relaxing ! with FL

lizzie18
31st December 2007, 20:01

I wasa there on the monday as you would of been leaving !!!!!!!! Wonder if i passed you !

Mamzie
31st December 2007, 21:52
I just ordered a brochure as well.

Suz, how do the prices compare, and can you arrange travel with french life please?

SuzyWoo
1st January 2008, 06:51
I wasa there on the monday as you would of been leaving !!!!!!!! Wonder if i passed you !
Very probably! ;) AM off again in March to sample the new restaurants with deals!;)

I just ordered a brochure as well.

Suz, how do the prices compare, and can you arrange travel with french life please?
Very reasonable - I think the prices include off-peak crossing, but I'll book the Tunnel too I think. Will post up prices later.

rach109
1st January 2008, 12:14
after a horrendous journey on the ferry, when we went in early July

we are definitely going to book the tunnel too !!

Have you booked FL for this yr yet suzy ? or can we only book when it goes online ?

really want to get this booked, and as we want summer hols dont want to leave it too late :(

SuzyWoo
1st January 2008, 13:31
I'm sure you could book now as the brochures are out.

SuzyWoo
2nd January 2008, 12:50
Right - for all those interested. This is the info I have (shortened 'cos I'm too lazy to write it all out!):

Le Lac de l'Ailette is the newest CP to open and is located just 14kms from Laon and 46kms from Reims. This exciting new village feature a lake surrounded by a white sandy beach. great for rowing, canoeing. boating or simply sun-bathing on a deck-chair. The Aqua Mundo features the water playhouse, a huge suspended area for water fun with slides. water pistols and even a tumbling water bucket which pours out more than 900 litres of water [note, this sounds like Alton Towers Aqua Creek to me] The Baluba is a great paradise for kids - a huge play area with foam balls, climbing towers, slides and much more. Underneath the dome is a variety of themed bars and restaurants which will suit every taste and for those with a taste for something a little more energetice explore the village by bike, play a round of golf and try your hand at archery.

hatterz
2nd January 2008, 12:53
Thanks for the info, now seriously thinking about going there instead of Butlins, I have already converted some to Butlins vouchers can they be used to pay for this instead?

SuzyWoo
2nd January 2008, 12:54
If people know when they want to go I can let you have the prices either 3 nights (Friday Arrivals) 4 nights (Monday) or 7 nights (monday). The brochure prices are for Comfort but you can book premier accomodation. Doesn't include ferry prices, it says Premier accommodation is also available - prices available on request - add ferry (base price of ?66 for W/E return) Dover - Calais peak crossing reduction and supplements apply for alt. crossings.

SuzyWoo
2nd January 2008, 12:54
Thanks for the info, now seriously thinking about going there instead of Butlins, I have already converted some to Butlins vouchers can they be used to pay for this instead?
Yes! :)

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 13:21
I phoned up - 'funny' she said 'had quite a few enquiries for that park today' - haha.

?1374 comfort 6 people for 7 nights in aug - prem accom ?1487 - ferry included

minus 140 if you dont want the ferry.

53.75 21.50 insurance. You do not need to take this if you show you have the same level of cover or better. It has to cover accidental damage on the villa.

May 23rd comfort for 6 people ?940 ferry included. 7 nights

Vouchers must be in hand as they take the serial numbers. May half term not alot left.

Val de europe for those wanting to do Disneyland place - 2 nights in May is about ?298 but can't use Tesco vouchers on ???

Hope this helps with prices.

hatterz
2nd January 2008, 13:23
Yes thanks a price would be great, 2 adults 2 children beginning of August 08 :D

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 13:25
Mine was 3 adults 2 children and a 2 yr old.

Mamzie
2nd January 2008, 13:27
It that def in ? or could it be Euros please?

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 13:27
Oh sorry it is pounds.

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 13:28
These are the expensive half term/holiday weeks so it is probably cheaper for different weeks.

Mamzie
2nd January 2008, 13:30
ah well, worth a try, still not a bad price when its converted to Tesco money.

SuzyWoo
2nd January 2008, 13:32
Yes thanks a price would be great, 2 adults 2 children beginning of August 08 :D

3 nights 1/8-8/8 Comfort for 4 = ?555 plus ferry
4 nights 4/8 Comfort for 4, = ?738 plus ferry
week, 1/8 Comfort for 4 = 1,161 plus ferry

HTH's

SuzyWoo
2nd January 2008, 13:33
Remember August is the main holiday month for the French, so it's busy with them as well as us! It's the best time to go to Paris, as it's usually empty! ;)

hatterz
2nd January 2008, 13:37
3 nights 1/8-8/8 Comfort for 4 = ?555 plus ferry
4 nights 4/8 Comfort for 4, = ?738 plus ferry
week, 1/8 Comfort for 4 = 1,161 plus ferry

HTH's

Thanks for that, gives me something to think about :D

rach109
2nd January 2008, 13:41
Val de europe for those wanting to do Disneyland place - 2 nights in May is about ?298 but can't use Tesco vouchers on ???

Hope this helps with prices.

:( argh why not !!?

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 13:42
No idea unless it is because it is only 2 nights??

bluesue34
2nd January 2008, 13:47
This is a good site, it shows you 360 degree pictures of Lac d'ailette Center Parc

http://www.centerparcs-visitesvirtuelles.com/ailette/ailette_uk.html

rach109
2nd January 2008, 13:47
No idea unless it is because it is only 2 nights??

ah yeah ,does the spend have to be ?500+ ?

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 13:50
yes it does !! so perhaps just a longer stay would do it then.

bluesue34
2nd January 2008, 13:52
duplicate

SuzyWoo
2nd January 2008, 14:02
Thanks to everyone who's repped me - it's obviously a popular idea!

ella2002
2nd January 2008, 15:05
Oh wow I want to go need ?100 of deals in Feb and then will be able to book. How easy is it to get to on the train don't really fancy driving

SuzyWoo
2nd January 2008, 15:09
Best to go to the Centreparcs site and see what it says about getting there by train, it says the nearest station is Laon, 15kns away. Link! http://www.centerparcs.com/EN/GB/villages/lac_dailette/route

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 15:24
Been trtying to find my old french life stuff but its gone. Have found the siblu one which looks good too.....

rach109
2nd January 2008, 16:05
just got a quote !

Adagio Val de Europe 3 nights Fri Aug 8th - Mon aug 11th
apartment sleeping 7 ( to get it over the ?500!) ?512 ( or ?551 with ins)

Center parcs Le Lac D'ailette 3 nights mon Aug 11th - thurs aug 14th
premier sleeping 4 ?578 (?617 with ins)

wanted the mon - fri in center parcs but could only do 3 nights,there wasnt the option of doing 4 nights ,only 7 or 3 on my dates ?

polokingkeith
2nd January 2008, 16:31
When i checked out the CP site a few days ago I got a price of ?531 for midweek break in August staying in a premier villa (think the date was the 11th), this is for the new French village (Le Lac ai...however it's spelt!) Also for you who want to know about using deals in the UK CP restaurants (Bella Italia & Cafe Rouge) we just came back from a midweek break at Whinfell on 21st Dec, both restaurants were open and no probs using deals, in fact we ate out all 4 nights alternating between the two! Used deals vouchers every time, only thing we had to pay for were drinks! Cafe Rouge was rather quiet in the evening but I don't know if that's because the food is not really kids type of stuff or what, but Bella Italia was always popular. Just waiting for the 2008 FL brochure to arrive what I ordered last week, Suzy do you think the prices are the same on the CP site as they are in the FL brochure?

SuzyWoo
2nd January 2008, 16:34
Keith - not looked at that.Give me a couple of dates and prices on the Comfort villa's and I'll look in the brochure and we can contrast and compare! ;)

rach109
2nd January 2008, 16:35
When i checked out the CP site a few days ago I got a price of ?531 for midweek break in August staying in a premier villa (think the date was the 11th), this is for the new French village (Le Lac ai...however it's spelt!)

I'd phone and check if i were you

as you can see above, i was only able to book a 3 night break from mon 11th aug, not a 4 night one

premier for 4 costs ?578 when using tesco deals

Khufu
just got a quote !

Adagio Val de Europe 3 nights Fri Aug 8th - Mon aug 11th
apartment sleeping 7 ( to get it over the ?500!) ?512 ( or ?551 with ins)

Center parcs Le Lac D'ailette 3 nights mon Aug 11th - thurs aug 14th
premier sleeping 4 ?578 (?617 with ins)

wanted the mon - fri in center parcs but could only do 3 nights,there wasnt the option of doing 4 nights ,only 7 or 3 on my dates ?

How far apart are these sites do you need a car? (I know val de europe is dead easy to get to but what about the other?) Anyone know if you can hire a car at val de europe as well?

polokingkeith
AH RACH, Just realised those breaks in Aug are only Mon-Thurs, but if you try to book it gives you a departure date as the Fri, so I wonder if they class the Thurs as the the last night, that why they put Mon-Thurs, if you follow what I mean, i know it seems a bit strange to do it that way, but then they are French!:confused: Anyone else noticed this?

rach109
2nd January 2008, 16:37
AH RACH, Just realised those breaks in Aug are only Mon-Thurs, but if you try to book it gives you a departure date as the Fri, so I wonder if they class the Thurs as the the last night, that why they put Mon-Thurs, if you follow what I mean, i know it seems a bit strange to do it that way, but then they are French!:confused: Anyone else noticed this?

the ( very lovely) lady i spoke to ,said that different parcs do different start / finish days,which can differ every year / season :der::rolleyes:

she definitely said it was 3 nights and not 4 :confused:
unless she was confused by it too,she did say she had had 10 days off :laugh:

rach109
2nd January 2008, 16:38
How far apart are these sites do you need a car? (I know val de europe is dead easy to get to but what about the other?) Anyone know if you can hire a car at val de europe as well?

about 1hr 45m mins apart

HTH

polokingkeith
2nd January 2008, 16:43
Rach, yes I have checked again on the CP site and def when you go to book the Mon-Thurs break it gives you a departure date for the Fri, i have tried it on the Aug 11th midweek break in a premier villa

polokingkeith
2nd January 2008, 16:51
Suzy here are a couple of random dates if you could compare these prices please, thanks: midweek, comfort villa for 6 persons,11th Aug coverts to ?483.63 and same acc but midweek on May 26th ?341.87 (which is half term, brill price don't you think? Though I know you have to spend over ?500 with FL)

SuzyWoo
2nd January 2008, 17:00
11th Aug, this is a funny date as it only allows 3 nights even though it's MW? comes up at ?597. :(

26th May, ?440 so they are making a mark up, but not as much as other companies we've seen.

SuzyWoo
I'm assuming thats for Le Lac BTW!

rach109
Rach, yes I have checked again on the CP site and def when you go to book the Mon-Thurs break it gives you a departure date for the Fri, i have tried it on the Aug 11th midweek break in a premier villa

oooh fab ,thats the one i want !

ive never ordered deals for this amount before ! tesco holiday virgin :laugh:

i am doing it across a few ;) accounts

should i leave time between each one ? :confused: i have just ordered my biggest account

want to get it booked asap but dont want to risk anything by ordering from all accounts on same day ?!

:help:

rach109
2nd January 2008, 17:01
11th Aug, this is a funny date as it only allows 3 nights even though it's MW? comes up at ?597. :(

26th May, ?440 so they are making a mark up, but not as much as other companies we've seen.

so what I was told IS correct then ?

:confused: :(

SuzyWoo
2nd January 2008, 17:04
According to the brochure? I wonder if there's some sort of public holiday?

Just answered that - the 14th of August is 4 nights, arriving Thursday.

rach109
2nd January 2008, 17:07
According to the brochure? I wonder if there's some sort of public holiday?

Just answered that - the 14th of August is 4 nights, arriving Thursday.

weird !

any advice on converting deals ? is it risky to do from 2 accounts on same day ? ( to same address)

SuzyWoo
2nd January 2008, 17:10
Do one now and one tomorrow. Patience is a virtue (so I've heard! ;)).

polokingkeith
2nd January 2008, 17:13
Now I'm confused, i couldn't find any midweek break starting on Thurs 14th? Also the 11th def gives a departure of Fri 15th August?

polokingkeith
2nd January 2008, 17:18
Just wondering, that wouldn't be a miss print on the CP site them putting Mon-Thurs then giving the departure date as the Fri anyway, do you think they would make a stupid mistake like that? As I've tried to book a couple of random dates inc that Aug 11th and they both give the Fri as departure day:confused:

rach109
2nd January 2008, 17:20
Do one now and one tomorrow. Patience is a virtue (so I've heard! ;)).

thanks
have done 1,will do the other tomorrow :D

am soooooooooo excited (and impatient) though !

SuzyWoo
2nd January 2008, 17:28
Just wondering, that wouldn't be a miss print on the CP site them putting Mon-Thurs then giving the departure date as the Fri anyway, do you think they would make a stupid mistake like that? As I've tried to book a couple of random dates inc that Aug 11th and they both give the Fri as departure day:confused: No, 15th is a public holiday, so they are making the most of it!

Friday 15 August - Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Assomption)

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 20:33
If I am booking this centerparc and take out their insurance do I need a seperate insurance for the tunnel?? I am trying to get a price for the tunnel and there is a bit about insurance on it but I don't need it do I??

rach109
2nd January 2008, 20:35
If I am booking this centerparc and take out their insurance do I need a seperate insurance for the tunnel?? I am trying to get a price for the tunnel and there is a bit about insurance on it but I don't need it do I??

I'm not bothering with it :o:confused:

also you cannot pay for the insurance part of French Life with deals i was told on the phone ?

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 20:39
Well they did not tell me you could not pay the insurance with deals. All they said was we had to have some insurance to cover accidental damage on the accommodation. And if we had our own they would need to see that it was the same level of cover as theirs or better.
Think I need to phone them again about that one....

rach109
2nd January 2008, 20:40
Well they did not tell me you could not pay the insurance with deals. All they said was we had to have some insurance to cover accidental damage on the accommodation. And if we had our own they would need to see that it was the same level of cover as theirs or better.
Think I need to phone them again about that one....

she def said i couldnt pay the insurance in deals :confused:

it sounds worth taking out as it covers the deals,which i dont think a lot of insurances do ?

stinky minky
2nd January 2008, 20:43
I am trying to look at going in feb half term, but I can't get on the site, I'll try again later.

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 20:45
O.K so I will take out the French life insurance but not the tunnel one. Its just I do not want to order too many deals and have to send them back. So best check again tomorrow.

Stinky, I know for the May half term for a week they only had 2 villas left but did not ask about the Feb one.

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 21:03
I have just been reading the terms and conditions bit and it says deals tokens can not longer be used for French life hotel bookings?????? Very confused now.

It also says insurance can't be included..

rach109
2nd January 2008, 21:15
I have just been reading the terms and conditions bit and it says deals tokens can not longer be used for French life hotel bookings?????? Very confused now.

It also says insurance can't be included..

the val de europe one is an apartment,not hotel :confused: didnt even know they did hotels?! its apartments / cottages / sites isnt it ?

she gave me a quote for it fine today

god i so need to get this booked !!

rach109
2nd January 2008, 21:29
Suzy here are a couple of random dates if you could compare these prices please, thanks: midweek, comfort villa for 6 persons,11th Aug coverts to ?483.63 and same acc but midweek on May 26th ?341.87 (which is half term, brill price don't you think? Though I know you have to spend over ?500 with FL)

theres around ?110 difference

between the price on center parcs website ( converted into ?s) than what i was quoted on the phone with french life using deals

premier villa sleeping 4 CP = ?468 tesco = ?578
premier villa sleeping 6 CP= ?550 tesco = ?656

HTH

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 21:31
ah thats fine if its appartment.

rach109
3rd January 2008, 16:07
I am trying to look at going in feb half term, but I can't get on the site, I'll try again later.

french life site is back up now

did you phone for a quote yet ? :)

Sorry, we currently have no pricing data online for this property. To book your holiday please call
"0870 197 6675"

stinky minky
3rd January 2008, 20:28
french life site is back up now

did you phone for a quote yet ? :)

Sorry, we currently have no pricing data online for this property. To book your holiday please call
"0870 197 6675"

no not phoned as yet maybe tomorrow, then I'll forget until i get back on here tomorrow night!:der:

rach109
3rd January 2008, 21:23
no not phoned as yet maybe tomorrow, then I'll forget until i get back on here tomorrow night!:der:

:laugh:

i'd hurry as its Feb school hols you want !

Mamzie
3rd January 2008, 21:31
I sent dh to travel agents today when he was out and got him to get me a brochure. Now just need to read it instead of PTS...

rach109
4th January 2008, 23:20
had an email saying my deals were dispatched this morning, so hopefully i can get this hol booked soooooooooooooooon :clap2::)

polokingkeith
5th January 2008, 11:22
We are in a real dilema as to what to book with our deals, we have Turkey booked this May (paid for nearly all with deals) but fancied the new French CP in August to break up the long school hols......although DW is very keen to book CP, I'm not sure if it's worth hanging on to the deals to use towards our main hol in 2009:help: I've got ?2,000 saved in deals for the 2009 hol, but I'm reluctant to break into it to use for CP with points seeming to be very scarce at the moment (baring in mind a 2009 hol would prob be best booked by the end of this summer at the latest), but then I'm getting nagged by DW to book CP:help::confused:

rach109
5th January 2008, 11:24
We are in a real dilema as to what to book with our deals, we have Turkey booked this May (paid for nearly all with deals) but fancied the new French CP in August to break up the long school hols......although DW is very keen to book CP, I'm not sure if it's worth hanging on to the deals to use towards our main hol in 2009:help: I've got ?2,000 saved in deals for the 2009 hol, but I'm reluctant to break into it to use for CP with points seeming to be very scarce at the moment (baring in mind a 2009 hol would prob be best booked by the end of this summer at the latest), but then I'm getting nagged by DW to book CP:help::confused:

you know the wife will win in the end

just give in ;)

SuzyWoo
5th January 2008, 11:25
you know the wife will win in the end

just give in ;)

:lol: :lol:

Sooooo true! ;)

maleficent_mum
5th January 2008, 14:14
Never been to Centre Parcs but DH agrees that this looks like a good holiday, but what do you actually get ?
I noticed on the website lots of extras that have to be arranged at time of booking:
Breakfast baskets and other meals.
Tickets for different sporting activities
Towels and kitchen towels.
Bedding.
Suffice to say I got so confused I gave up. :help:

shopsomemore
5th January 2008, 14:21
You get the accomodation and use of the pool for free. Sheets and towelsand bedding are included. All other activities have to be booked and paid for.
In the past when we took the wee ones - quite young, this was fine for them.Swimming and we used to take our own bikes. So that is what we would do each day - swim,walks and bike rides. Now they are a bit older I have a feeling we may need to put our hands in our pockets and pay for some extra activities!! I think these are booked a few weeks before you go. A form is usually sent out. May have changed not sure?

It is lovely as there are no cars driving around. They all stay in the car parks . So it is really nice to go on walks and bike rides and the grounds are big.

ella2002
5th January 2008, 14:23
can you pay for extras when you book with vouchers

shopsomemore
5th January 2008, 14:24
No unfortunately not - I tried that one with them just incase!!

polokingkeith
5th January 2008, 15:36
Never been to Centre Parcs but DH agrees that this looks like a good holiday, but what do you actually get ?
I noticed on the website lots of extras that have to be arranged at time of booking:
Bedding.
Suffice to say I got so confused I gave up. :help: Towels are not included, you have to hire the towel package, but bedding is provided. Similar to the UK CPs as here you only get towels with the comfort plus or Executive acc, with the basic Comfort acc you can hire towels but they are def not provided as standard.

rach109
5th January 2008, 16:09
Bedding.
Suffice to say I got so confused I gave up. :help:

oh CP is fab ! and the european ones are supposed to be even better / nicer & cheaper ! :D

we tend to just bike ride and use the pool ( the kids would stay in there all day !) and go for long walks :)

then a few cheap activities, eg an hour of football was ?3.50 ish per person ,in the UK

I cant wait to go to the French one ,and hopefully, being Aug it might be sunny ! :laugh:

ETA we are going premier and the beds are made up on arrival :)

SuzyWoo
5th January 2008, 16:11
CP is great, we go to Sherwood twice a year - off there again in March. May only be once this year thanks to FL though! ;)

kirsjude
5th January 2008, 23:15
If people know when they want to go I can let you have the prices either 3 nights (Friday Arrivals) 4 nights (Monday) or 7 nights (monday). The brochure prices are for Comfort but you can book premier accomodation. Doesn't include ferry prices, it says Premier accommodation is also available - prices available on request - add ferry (base price of ?66 for W/E return) Dover - Calais peak crossing reduction and supplements apply for alt. crossings.

Suzy,

When you have a moment, please could you let me know price for 3 nights from 27/6/08?

Will be 2 adults, 13 yr old and 2 yr old.

I have ordered a brochure, but would like idea of price please.

Was going to go to Haven/Butlins, but this looks so much nicer for roughly same price.

Thanks xx

SuzyWoo
6th January 2008, 09:32
Suzy,

When you have a moment, please could you let me know price for 3 nights from 27/6/08?

Will be 2 adults, 13 yr old and 2 yr old.

I have ordered a brochure, but would like idea of price please.

Was going to go to Haven/Butlins, but this looks so much nicer for roughly same price.

Thanks xx

Comfort to sleep 4, for 3 nights is ?469 plus ferry (based on ?66 return at W/E). You could have the kids in seperate bedroom, to sleep 6 is ?500.

kirsjude
6th January 2008, 10:30
Sounds good. Thank you for that.

polokingkeith
7th January 2008, 10:30
I've just rang FL for couple of quotes for Aug and another date is now proving strange, I asked for the 4th Aug (Mon to Fri) and she said it is only giving her the Tues 5th for 3 nights but in her brochure it does say Mon 4th so she dosn't know if it is system error or some sort of holiday in France??:confused: On the CP site I can get a quote for the 4th though so it is all a bit confusing, however she did say the brochure price for the 4th (mon to Fri) is ?987 for premier or ?921 for comfort which I think is way more expensive then the CP site which is giving me (coverted into pounds) ?781 for premier and ?700 for comfort...big difference I think?? The next date I asked for was much cheaper (18th Aug Mon to Fri) ?847 premier and ?781 comfort, these are all for 3 bedrooms btw Does anyone know why that week (the 4th Aug) is dearer? Starting to think this isn't going to be as cheap as I first thought, the FL advisor also told me they don't include the ferry now either, thats extra:(

rach109
7th January 2008, 10:36
I've just rang FL for couple of quotes for Aug and another date is now proving strange, I asked for the 4th Aug (Mon to Fri) and she said it is only giving her the Tues 5th for 3 nights but in her brochure it does say Mon 4th so she dosn't know if it is system error or some sort of holiday in France??:confused: On the CP site I can get a quote for the 4th though so it is all a bit confusing, however she did say the brochure price for the 4th (mon to Fri) is ?987 for premier or ?921 for comfort which I think is way more expensive then the CP site which is giving me (coverted into pounds) ?781 for premier and ?700 for comfort...big difference I think?? The next date I asked for was much cheaper (18th Aug Mon to Fri) ?847 premier and ?781 comfort, these are all for 3 bedrooms btw Does anyone know why that week (the 4th Aug) is dearer? Starting to think this isn't going to be as cheap as I first thought, the FL advisor also told me they don't include the ferry now either, thats extra:(

you are going to pay more when using deals....

with me it worked out around ?100 more expensive

but yes,your quotes do seem excessively so ! :confused:

shopsomemore
7th January 2008, 10:44
Rach have your deals arrived today??
Poloking, Our booking was a week C.P in the summer hols and 4 nights in Paris going via tunnel and it worked out just over 2 grand with insurance . This is for 3 adults and 3 kids (biggest accom. they had) So your quote sounds similar to ours.

rach109
7th January 2008, 10:48
Rach have your deals arrived today??
Poloking, Our booking was a week C.P in the summer hols and 4 nights in Paris going via tunnel and it worked out just over 2 grand with insurance . This is for 3 adults and 3 kids (biggest accom. they had) So your quote sounds similar to ours.

grrrr no :(

i almost pounced on the poor postie :o :laugh:

polokingkeith
7th January 2008, 10:53
Shopsomemore, was your tunnel booked with FL or did you book it seperatly with deals? How much is the tunnel costing return? FL quoted me ?140 return for a Dover/Calais ferry! We would prefer the tunnel but looking at the 2007 brochure when the ferry was included it was either free or just ?15!

shopsomemore
7th January 2008, 11:10
We booked the tunnel wiith French Life. I did look online at the tunnel site and from the prices quoted it was cheaper to just let F.L do it. I am not sure of the breakdown in price. But it was not much more than the ferry included price they gave me so I just went with it. I also had a price with no ferry or tunnel see and it made sense to let them book the tunnel - iyswim ??

sanmarco5
7th January 2008, 11:16
we wanted to go to centre parcs this year but UK prices are rediculous! I just looked at the french web site & can get a mon-fri break at end of May (UK half term) for 410 euros (4 berth) this sounds incredibly cheap! if I try to book a midweek break in Feb it is a lot more expensive, so do you think maybe what it is quoting me for May is not right?? or is it because i would be booking in advance?
Can anyone tell me what the french one is like?? compared to UK (have been to longleat, sherwood & elveden but was a long time ago! probably about 15 years!!) Thanks

Tabby
7th January 2008, 13:55
we wanted to go to centre parcs this year but UK prices are rediculous! I just looked at the french web site & can get a mon-fri break at end of May (UK half term) for 410 euros (4 berth) this sounds incredibly cheap! if I try to book a midweek break in Feb it is a lot more expensive, so do you think maybe what it is quoting me for May is not right?? or is it because i would be booking in advance?
Can anyone tell me what the french one is like?? compared to UK (have been to longleat, sherwood & elveden but was a long time ago! probably about 15 years!!) Thanks
The French don't have a school holiday in May so prices will be cheaper as it is non peak season. For that reason France and many other European Countries are a great choice for may half term holidays.

rach109
7th January 2008, 14:01

It will be more than the online price if you pay with deals

they are supposed to be fab,I cant wait to go :)

shops,so were you able to pay the tunnel part in deals?
just not the insurance ?

:)

shopsomemore
7th January 2008, 18:00
I don't think I paid the tunnel in deals?? It says ?44 for the tunnel return.

polokingkeith
7th January 2008, 19:15
Just rang FL again, spoke to different agent, now quoted ?921 for the 18 Aug but brochure says ?781 which is a difference of ?140, now this morning when I rang I was told the ferry price was ?140 (I am assuming this evening she has added the ferry on) so does anyone know if you have to pay the ferry price even if we travel through the tunnel? Seems very confusing the way FL are doing this:( Rach what price were you quoted, was it the same as the brochure price? DW as both Suzy and Rach said earlier is about to get her own way with this hol IF I can get this sorted out:confused:

rach109
7th January 2008, 19:30
Just rang FL again, spoke to different agent, now quoted ?921 for the 18 Aug but brochure says ?781 which is a difference of ?140, now this morning when I rang I was told the ferry price was ?140 (I am assuming this evening she has added the ferry on) so does anyone know if you have to pay the ferry price even if we travel through the tunnel? Seems very confusing the way FL are doing this:( Rach what price were you quoted, was it the same as the brochure price? DW as both Suzy and Rach said earlier is about to get her own way with this hol IF I can get this sorted out:confused:

When I phoned it was just over ?100 more expensive than the online price

Mind you ive not booked yet ( waiting for deals to arrive grrrr) so I may be charged even more when I phone up to book :rolleyes:

she asked would i be going by ferry and i said no,so the price she gave me was i assume minus the ferry ?!

?44 for return tunnel :eek: thats cheap!

polokingkeith
7th January 2008, 19:46
Rach how did you get the tunnel price of ?44 return? Is it return? That is cheap but in the FL 2008 brochure they state that the ferry is included so it seems the agent has added it then deducted ?9 for the tunnel for their price difference between tunnel & ferry but this to me still appears to be expensive as it looks like they want ?131 for the tunnel:confused: So Rach are you booking the tunnel with FL or yourself?

rach109
7th January 2008, 22:06
Rach how did you get the tunnel price of ?44 return? Is it return? That is cheap but in the FL 2008 brochure they state that the ferry is included so it seems the agent has added it then deducted ?9 for the tunnel for their price difference between tunnel & ferry but this to me still appears to be expensive as it looks like they want ?131 for the tunnel:confused: So Rach are you booking the tunnel with FL or yourself?

Shopsomemore said she got it for ?44 with FL.so was that an extra ?44 on top of the inclusive of ferry price ?

I was going to book the tunnel separately,with deals.got a price of ?148

nothing was mentioned about the tunnel,she just asked me was i going by ferry and i said no...

oh well i will see what is said when i ( eventually!) book

polokingkeith
7th January 2008, 22:48
Rach, Hope you get your hol booked soon, I am about to order deals as I have finally relented and decided to go ahead with the 18th, so hope to get it booked by the end of the week before I change my mind, thing is I don't want to order too many deals as the price I was quoted earlier this eve was pretty expensive I thought, I'm sure these FL advisors don't really know what they are doing:rolleyes: still even if the hol costs ?781 without ferry or tunnel, then we will still have to book ferry or tunnel ourselves which like you say was going to cost you ?148......do let us know how you get on when you..hopefully get it booked:) Good luck:)

rach109
7th January 2008, 22:57
thanks Keith

will do

rach109
8th January 2008, 10:39
all booked :)

my god how confuddling was all that ! they had to add insurance then if i want to use my own insurance ( which i think we will do) i have to call back within 14 days with details,and they have to refund it to my card

basically yes the price inc ferry,so if you want to use the tunnel they take the money from the ferry, and then you pay a supplement ( ?24)
i asked for a price without any travel and it was ?18 less than the price inc ferry

so it works out that the return ferry is ?42 extra !

will upadate with totals etc later,am late to meet friends !

shopsomemore
8th January 2008, 13:12
Glad I was not the only one confused by it all. I still can't work it out !!

I just took that tunnel ?44 from the e-mail they sent. I tell you everytime I phoned it was a different price. And when I got a price without the ferry it was more than with it - work that one out!!!

rach109
8th January 2008, 15:49
:confused: weird

TBH the booking process was very long winded indeed! the guy on the phone was nice enough,but he had to keep going back to the tunnel page etc,when i wanted to know the price without which took ages ! then going through the insurance etc

ok basically it has cost :

?1330 ish

this is :

3 nights @ the val de europe apartments sleeping 7
3 nights @ center parcs premier,sleeping 6
Tunnel travel for 1 car

They charged me ?79.95 insurance for my family of 4 ( travel and full breakdown cover etc) and another ?43 for our 2 friends ( travel insurance) that are coming too

But I am going to cancel that, and take out our own insurance,so the original price I have paid is ?1450 ish but will have the insurance money refunded to my card.

Also our friends are going to pay us ?250 for sharing the accom
and they will book the tunnel themselves separately

Off to post my deals recorded delivery now :)

Shops did you sort insurance out ?

shopsomemore
8th January 2008, 16:40
No, not done that yet - but I will tomorrow!!

Our insurance - 3 adults (one oap) and 2 kids, one infant was ?108. This was for 12 days. So I reckon thats way too expensive. I did not take the car insurance bit though He did mention it but think it was way expensive. No idea how they come up with their prices??

rach109
8th January 2008, 17:10
No, not done that yet - but I will tomorrow!!

Our insurance - 3 adults (one oap) and 2 kids, one infant was ?108. This was for 12 days. So I reckon thats way too expensive. I did not take the car insurance bit though He did mention it but think it was way expensive. No idea how they come up with their prices??

I told him i wouldnt be taking the insurance, and he tried to talk me into their insurance, saying that even some of tesco insurance doesnt cover deals!

dont actually know the breakdown of each accomodation ! but i think it was more expensive than the quote i had ?! even when you take off the insurance

did you say you got an email breakdown sent to you ?

as he said the confirmation letter takes 7-10 days

polokingkeith
8th January 2008, 18:05
Well that sounds fun, the booking process I mean lol!! Something to look forward to NOT! I have ordered my deals now so just waiting for them to come, but yes the two quotes I have been given have both been different so I can imagine what fun it is going to be when i actually go ahead to book:( i do believe that each of the FL advisors have got their own way of doing things and that is what is causing so much confusion Anyway I will let you know how I get on;) Oh regarding insurance..I have looked at american express annual insurance (going through Quidco of course will give us ?18 back) cost is approx ?50 but I've not looked at all the details yet and you don't need an American Ex card to take out their insurance either, so might be worth you checking it out?:)

rach109
8th January 2008, 18:27
Well that sounds fun, the booking process I mean lol!! Something to look forward to NOT! I have ordered my deals now so just waiting for them to come, but yes the two quotes I have been given have both been different so I can imagine what fun it is going to be when i actually go ahead to book:( i do believe that each of the FL advisors have got their own way of doing things and that is what is causing so much confusion Anyway I will let you know how I get on;) Oh regarding insurance..I have looked at american express annual insurance (going through Quidco of course will give us ?18 back) cost is approx ?50 but I've not looked at all the details yet and you don't need an American Ex card to take out their insurance either, so might be worth you checking it out?:)

:wave:

it was an experience ! :rolleyes:

oooh thanks for that,will have a looksie :)

Mamzie
8th January 2008, 20:56
We have Tesco Annual insurance as it covers the deal tokens. Are you sure that Amercian Express would cover them Keith?

maleficent_mum
8th January 2008, 21:00
3 nights @ the val de europe apartments sleeping 7

Do you by any chance know how much they charged for the Adagio Aparthotel, I'm wondering how it compares with booking online.

Thanks in advance.:)

rach109
8th January 2008, 21:06
Do you by any chance know how much they charged for the Adagio Aparthotel, I'm wondering how it compares with booking online.

Thanks in advance.:)

TBH i got a different price today upon booking,than when i called up for a quote last week !?!

they quoted me ?512 last week for an apartment sleeping 7

but i think i paid ?594

will check when i get the confirmation and let you know :)

Mamzie
8th January 2008, 21:17
Is that the Hotel, as I don't think you can book hotel using deals any more.

If anyone has used the apartments, can you tell me if theres an oven please?

rach109
8th January 2008, 21:28
it's called an "aparthotel" ,they are apartments http://www.frenchlife.co.uk/uce/fl?action=readParentDetails&cottageParentId=387732&startdate=&duration=&sleeps=4&propertyTypeId=3

no oven im afraid,just a hob

maleficent_mum
8th January 2008, 21:31
Thanks Rachel :)
tried to rep but can't - sorry.

Mamzie
8th January 2008, 21:49
Def no good for us then, thanks Rach.

polokingkeith
8th January 2008, 22:12
Rach-do you know if the CP cottages at Lac D'ailette have an oven or hob? I've looked on the CP site it mentions fully equipped kitchen but no mention of hob or oven, only a microwave? Also more news on the insurance front-I've had time to check out American Express and it covers you for accidental damage up to one million pounds! The cost is ?44 for annual cover for 2adults, 3kids and ?18 back if you go thru Quidco, we need to take out annual cover as we are going to Turkey in May also courtesy of MR T:D

rach109
8th January 2008, 22:16
Rach-do you know if the CP cottages at Lac D'ailette have an oven or hob? I've looked on the CP site it mentions fully equipped kitchen but no mention of hob or oven, only a microwave? Also more news on the insurance front-I've had time to check out American Express and it covers you for accidental damage up to one million pounds! The cost is ?44 for annual cover for 2adults, 3kids and ?18 back if you go thru Quidco, we need to take out annual cover as we are going to Turkey in May also courtesy of MR T:D

oooh i dont know TBH ! maybe suzy will be able to tell you,it might say in the brochure ?

bubbler
8th January 2008, 22:21
oooh i dont know TBH ! maybe suzy will be able to tell you,it might say in the brochure ?

Not sure if it's any help, but I have stayed in Holland and Belgium and it's only ever been a hob and a microwave.

rach109
8th January 2008, 22:22
Not sure if it's any help, but I have stayed in Holland and Belgium and it's only ever been a hob and a microwave.

polokingkeith
8th January 2008, 22:31
No Rach the brochure dosn't say anything about a hob or oven either:confused:

MAmzie, sorry just saw your reply about the tesco annual insurance but I don't think it covers accidental damage to the cottage at CP which FL insist on us having:noidea:

Mamzie
8th January 2008, 22:36
No worries.

Does the american express cover you through if you had to cancel the hols because of an emergency, illness, etc, as hardly anyone covers the deals coupons you see.

rach109
8th January 2008, 22:39
No worries.

Does the american express cover you through if you had to cancel the hols because of an emergency, illness, etc, as hardly anyone covers the deals coupons you see.

the guy from frenchlife was saying that one of tescos insurance policies doesn't even cover deals ?!

can i ask how much the one you have taken out works out as ? is this the one that DOES cover the deals ?

shopsomemore
8th January 2008, 22:39
Not had a breakdown of the prices or have I ???

Had an email with 44 tunnel
108 insurance
and the rest the accommodation

So not sure??

Perhaps we need two insurance policies, one to cover deals and one for accidental damage. Still may work out cheaper for a years cover??

I mean ?108 for 12 days - having a larff aint it ??

I was on the phone for an hour booking it. This is after phoning 3 times before for prices. An hour I ask you !!

shopsomemore
8th January 2008, 22:42
And, the final price they took from our card over the phone - ?199 is not mentioned but there is a ?250 mentioned so need to check how much they have taken!!

rach109
8th January 2008, 22:44
Not had a breakdown of the prices or have I ???

Had an email with 44 tunnel
108 insurance
and the rest the accommodation

So not sure??

Perhaps we need two insurance policies, one to cover deals and one for accidental damage. Still may work out cheaper for a years cover??

I mean ?108 for 12 days - having a larff aint it ??

I was on the phone for an hour booking it. This is after phoning 3 times before for prices. An hour I ask you !!

:eek: i was on the phone for 25 mins and that was bad enough !!

their insurances prices are ridiculous arent they.i told him erm no i will sort my own thanks :laugh:

rach109
8th January 2008, 22:45
And, the final price they took from our card over the phone - ?199 is not mentioned but there is a ?250 mentioned so need to check how much they have taken!!

i had to pay ?250 deposit from my card

shopsomemore
8th January 2008, 22:47
Ah that might be it then. And when they get my deals they will refund the ?51 back??

And to think I thought I had ordered too many tokens only to find I did not have enough!! So for anyone booking, perhaps order a few extra!!

rach109
8th January 2008, 22:49
Ah that might be it then. And when they get my deals they will refund the ?51 back??

And to think I thought I had ordered too many tokens only to find I did not have enough!! So for anyone booking, perhaps order a few extra!!

yes i'd agree with that too !

whats the ?199 bit ? :o

Mamzie
8th January 2008, 22:53
the guy from frenchlife was saying that one of tescos insurance policies doesn't even cover deals ?!

can i ask how much the one you have taken out works out as ? is this the one that DOES cover the deals ?

I know ours was a lot back in October for the 4 of us, but me and dd are both reg disabled so have to declare lots. Plus this was for the entire year, iyswim.

Insurance is a nightmare for us.

http://www.tescofinance.com/personal/finance/insurance/travelins/index.jsp

shopsomemore
8th January 2008, 22:57
yes i'd agree with that too !

whats the ?199 bit ? :o

What I had to pay on my card but came through on the e-mail as 250 ????

The insurance 108
The tunnel 44
short fall in deals/change in quoted price.

Now I am getting even more confused:rolleyes: Think French Life are a bit confused too !!

Mamzie
8th January 2008, 23:04
boy, I'm so not looking forward to trying to book with FL

rach109
8th January 2008, 23:07
boy, I'm so not looking forward to trying to book with FL

:laugh:

it was not great i have to be honest !

we both ended up laughing though

glad i was getting it "free" or i might have been a bit pi55ed off !!

rach109
8th January 2008, 23:10
What I had to pay on my card but came through on the e-mail as 250 ????

The insurance 108
The tunnel 44
short fall in deals/change in quoted price.

Now I am getting even more confused:rolleyes: Think French Life are a bit confused too !!

ah right sorry,got lost along the way :o :laugh: not difficult !!

right ive priced up tesco annual insurance and its ?74 for the 4 of us ( which is ?5 cheaper than FL charge for the 6 nights !!)

but i dont know if it covers deals ? :help::o

where does it say ????

shopsomemore
8th January 2008, 23:16
Yes, was free so can't complain but will call them French Farce instead

:lol::lol:

Mamzie
8th January 2008, 23:17
Its on the deals pages Rach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

Insurance

Check whether your holiday insurance covers the loss of the value of your Clubcard Vouchers should you have to cancel, as most policies don’t cover this. Tesco Travel Insurance does offer a policy which covers the loss of Clubcard Vouchers under an insured event. For details, phone - 0845 300 88 00 (Typetalk 18001 0845 300 88 00). Please see Clubcard Deals terms and conditions for more information.

rach109
8th January 2008, 23:21
Its on the deals pages Rach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

Insurance

Check whether your holiday insurance covers the loss of the value of your Clubcard Vouchers should you have to cancel, as most policies don?t cover this. Tesco Travel Insurance does offer a policy which covers the loss of Clubcard Vouchers under an insured event. For details, phone - 0845 300 88 00 (Typetalk 18001 0845 300 88 00). Please see Clubcard Deals terms and conditions for more information.

:o thanks !

right ive had enough for today ,im definitely off to beddy byes now

<chuckles to herself> @ french farce :laugh:

Mamzie
8th January 2008, 23:23
no probs, I only remembered because I was just ordering some Butlins and eye deals..

French Farce def the new name for French Life.

shopsomemore
9th January 2008, 12:00
Right spoke to Tesco. Their insurance will cover deals and accidental damage on property.

Price for 2 adults 3 kids - ?97.29 for a year ?56.80 for 12 days
Price for 3 adults 3 kids - ?214 for a year ?97.34 for 12 days - Big price difference because Grandad is older!!

So Tesco it will be.

rach109
9th January 2008, 12:35
thanks hun

saves me doing it lol

kirsjude
9th January 2008, 14:50
Right spoke to Tesco. Their insurance will cover deals and accidental damage on property.

Price for 2 adults 3 kids - ?97.29 for a year ?56.80 for 12 days
Price for 3 adults 3 kids - ?214 for a year ?97.34 for 12 days - Big price difference because Grandad is older!!

So Tesco it will be.

Hi,

Is this just the standard Tesco Travel Insurance policy, that you would get if you booked online? Or is it a special one that includes cover for the deals?

I am sooooo confused by all the insurance threads :confused:

We have Virgin holiday, and XL flights for this year both paid for with deals an am also now looking at a weekend with French Life. So we need annual insurance that covers deals and the accidental damage on property.

Thanks.

shopsomemore
9th January 2008, 16:04
I just phoned and asked for insurance quote. I think she said all the policies they do cover deals?? But I know the one I got def.did.

Sorry not much help there....

polokingkeith
9th January 2008, 16:04
Hello again all:) Well deals arrived today and I have finally booked the CP with FL or rather FF-french farce as it is now named;) Was on the phone 25mins but at least I was quoted the same price as my last quote the other night, apparantly they do add on ?140 for the ferry whether you want it or not and then take off or add on your chosen travel supplements, the tunnel was actually minus ?18, so ?140 minus ?18 means we have paid ?122 for return tunnel crossing.

Now just the insurance to sort out, Tesco do seem a bit expensive (?97 2adults 3kids annual) but I guess they do cover deals, american ex was much cheaper but don't know if they cover deals, can't find anything on their site so would have to ring them. Are there any other insurers out there that cover deals?

Rach, as you will be going to CP before us in Aug don't forget to write and let us know how it went;) I know it's a while off but I will search you out and remind you:heh:

sarahrjfr
9th January 2008, 16:31
I picked up the French life camping,villas and cottages and apartment brochure is this the right 1? I cant find centre parcs in there?

Is there a way to get Disney tickets through Tesco.I`ve seen that you can get Park Asterix im not sure how close to CPs they are.

polokingkeith
9th January 2008, 16:45
I picked up the French life camping,villas and cottages and apartment brochure is this the right 1? I cant find centre parcs in there?

Is there a way to get Disney tickets through Tesco.I`ve seen that you can get Park Asterix im not sure how close to CPs they are.

Yes, in the 2008 brochure the 3 center parcs villages are on pages 54, 55 & 56 in the apartment section. Sorry I can't help you with park Asterix:noidea:

sarahrjfr
9th January 2008, 17:00
Thanks ive been flicking back and forwards 4 ages god knows how I missed 3 pages!!!

rach109
9th January 2008, 19:56

No unfortunately not :(

but if you are going for more than 2 days it works out cheaper to buy annual passes ! which gets you various discounts in the hotels / restaurants / shops and free buggy hire / car parking ec

definitely worth it, and you can return as many times in 12 months as you like,excuse for more trips :D:clap2:

rach109
9th January 2008, 19:59
Hello again all:) Well deals arrived today and I have finally booked the CP with FL or rather FF-french farce as it is now named;) Was on the phone 25mins but at least I was quoted the same price as my last quote the other night, apparantly they do add on ?140 for the ferry whether you want it or not and then take off or add on your chosen travel supplements, the tunnel was actually minus ?18, so ?140 minus ?18 means we have paid ?122 for return tunnel crossing.

Now just the insurance to sort out, Tesco do seem a bit expensive (?97 2adults 3kids annual) but I guess they do cover deals, american ex was much cheaper but don't know if they cover deals, can't find anything on their site so would have to ring them. Are there any other insurers out there that cover deals?

Rach, as you will be going to CP before us in Aug don't forget to write and let us know how it went;) I know it's a while off but I will search you out and remind you:heh:

thanks keith

now see this wasnt mentioned at all to me,when i called to quote and book :rolleyes:

will def let you know all about it,when i get back

shops when are you going ???

sarahrjfr
9th January 2008, 20:19
No unfortunately not :(

but if you are going for more than 2 days it works out cheaper to buy annual passes ! which gets you various discounts in the hotels / restaurants / shops and free buggy hire / car parking ec

definitely worth it, and you can return as many times in 12 months as you like,excuse for more trips :D:clap2:

We love disney went 4 times in 2006 but havent been since. I never thought about annual passes before. Can you buy them here or do you have to get them at Disney?

Could some1 tell me how much the passes are please? And do they last 12 months from date of purchase or just through 2008?

rach109
9th January 2008, 20:26
We love disney went 4 times in 2006 but havent been since. I never thought about annual passes before. Can you buy them here or do you have to get them at Disney?

Could some1 tell me how much the passes are please? And do they last 12 months from date of purchase or just through 2008?

have a look here :

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/practical/annualpassports/

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1104480

Mamzie
9th January 2008, 20:29
The passes are really worthwhile if you intend goin for 3 or more days. Theres a bit of discussion on this thread...

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=24317#post414934

I am also looking to sponser some people to get annual passes, you get 10% discount and I get a month extension for 1 refered, etc. (I need 4-16 people to sponser - eekk)

there are 3 different passes. I'll look out some more info later or tomorrow but have to get kids to bed now sorry.

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=21013&highlight=annual+pass

rach109
9th January 2008, 20:31
oops lol

Mamzie
9th January 2008, 20:47
Why oopps Rach?

(you found the dis thread I lost, thank you I was looking for that one last night.)

sarahrjfr
9th January 2008, 21:02
Thanks rach109 and mamzie i`ll have a good read of all the links/threads.

rach109
9th January 2008, 21:36
Why oopps Rach?

(you found the dis thread I lost, thank you I was looking for that one last night.)

i thought it hadnt been submitted and so had 2 of the same reply !
bloomin PC !! :mad:

polokingkeith
9th January 2008, 22:05
Here we go again with French Farce: I have just checked my online bank after booking with them today fully with deals (I didn't need to pay any cash except for the insurance ?32.50 which she said would be refunded when I show them my own) and they have taken ?290 out??? I was not informed at all that they would be taking anything out other than the ?32.50. This has really got me MAD:mad: too late to phone them now, wish I had checked earlier tonight. Anyone any clues at to what they have done?:mad:

rach109
9th January 2008, 23:34
Here we go again with French Farce: I have just checked my online bank after booking with them today fully with deals (I didn't need to pay any cash except for the insurance ?32.50 which she said would be refunded when I show them my own) and they have taken ?290 out??? I was not informed at all that they would be taking anything out other than the ?32.50. This has really got me MAD:mad: too late to phone them now, wish I had checked earlier tonight. Anyone any clues at to what they have done?:mad:

is it a deposit until they receive the deals ??

polokingkeith
9th January 2008, 23:40
I guess it must be, they should receive the deals tomorrow as I sent them by special delivery, do you think they will refund the ?290 pretty fast? Still annoyed that I wasn't told about this. Have they received your deals yet? And have you decided what insurance to go with? I still think tesco are expensive but they seem to be the only ones that cover deals. I think the ?290 must be ?250 deposit and ?32 ish their insurance?? Still they have a funny way of doing things......

rach109
9th January 2008, 23:47
I guess it must be, they should receive the deals tomorrow as I sent them by special delivery, do you think they will refund the ?290 pretty fast? Still annoyed that I wasn't told about this. Have they received your deals yet? And have you decided what insurance to go with? I still think tesco are expensive but they seem to be the only ones that cover deals. I think the ?290 must be ?250 deposit and ?32 ish their insurance?? Still they have a funny way of doing things......

Going to go with Tesco ,as FL are charging ?79 for 7 days and an annual policy with tesco is ?74 !! ( family of 4)

mine should have got there today

will check online status now ,thanks for the reminder !!

polokingkeith
10th January 2008, 16:17
I've just been on phone to FL they have received my deals today and yes they had taken the ?255 out of my bank as deposit but it has now been refunded as they have got my deals. I did tell her that I wasn't told that they would be taking a large amount out of my account but all she could do was apologise. S0 Rach, is yours all sorted now? Hopefully this will be the end until it's time to go:D

rach109
10th January 2008, 16:27
I've just been on phone to FL they have received my deals today and yes they had taken the ?255 out of my bank as deposit but it has now been refunded as they have got my deals. I did tell her that I wasn't told that they would be taking a large amount out of my account but all she could do was apologise. S0 Rach, is yours all sorted now? Hopefully this will be the end until it's time to go:D

checked online,it is saying its been delivered
but electronic proof of delivery isnt available yet

i used recorded not special mail
says to check back in 24 hours

just need to get the insurance sorted then, ring back and give the details

then hopefully !!?! thats it sorted :)

mummytotwo
10th January 2008, 20:59
haven't got the brochure on me!! Could anyone tell which areas/apartments to search for the CP (centre parcs?)apartments please

polokingkeith
10th January 2008, 21:28
haven't got the brochure on me!! Could anyone tell which areas/apartments to search for the CP (centre parcs?)apartments please

Yeah I know the FL site is really hard to find the CP apartments on and the new CP village (lac D'ailette) isn't on the FL site at the moment. I'm not sure where the old CP villages in France are by area, think one is in Normandy, maybe someone else can help you with that, sorry not been much help really:eyebrows:

shopsomemore
10th January 2008, 22:04
No I have tried to find it on the site. Asked for the ref number of it which the bloke did give to me. So decided to have a look whilst on the phone for an hour to him!! It would not come up . I told him I could not get it he 'fobbed' me off with 'the site is playing up' - why not just tell me its not on there yet??????

rach109
11th January 2008, 14:16
have you guys had written confirmation yet ?

received mine this morning and it says

deposit ?250
balance due by : June 13th ???

does it just say that because at the time of writing they hadnt received deals or what?!!!!!!!

nothing is mentioned about paying in deals anywhere on the paperwork?!

polokingkeith
11th January 2008, 14:58
No written confirmation she asked if I wanted it by e mail as the written conf could take up to 2weeks, so I've no idea if I will get a written one as well? Rach did you also have an e mail confirmation? I would imagine it prob is cos they hadn't received your deals at the time

shopsomemore
11th January 2008, 15:37
I only had e-mail.

rach109
11th January 2008, 16:01
No written confirmation she asked if I wanted it by e mail as the written conf could take up to 2weeks, so I've no idea if I will get a written one as well? Rach did you also have an e mail confirmation? I would imagine it prob is cos they hadn't received your deals at the time

No,he asked did i want written OR email and i said written

on your email confirmation does it state payment in deals ??

SuzyWoo
11th January 2008, 16:03
have you guys had written confirmation yet ?

received mine this morning and it says

deposit ?250
balance due by : June 13th ???

does it just say that because at the time of writing they hadnt received deals or what?!!!!!!!

nothing is mentioned about paying in deals anywhere on the paperwork?!
That'll be a standard invoice, if it's anything like the P&O Cruises Booking process. It'll take them a while, but you should get another invoice showing your deals,

rach109
11th January 2008, 16:08
<phew> thanks for that ( calming me down again ;))

polokingkeith
11th January 2008, 16:29
No,he asked did i want written OR email and i said written

on your email confirmation does it state payment in deals ??

No it dosn't mention anything about deals being used on my e mail confirmation but when I rang them yesterday to find out about the ?290 they had taken from my bank, she told me they had received my deals and sent out a written confirmation that it is all paid for.

BTW Just to let you know, the cottages have a hob & microwave in them:) You can actually see the hob on the virtual tour of a 6 person comfort cottage in the kitchen section but for some reason you can't see into the kitchen on the virtual tour of the premier cottages. Have you booked premier? We went with the comfort in the end otherwise I wouldn't have had enough deals on me and would have had to pay the difference of ?66 in cash:shocked:

Shopsomemore-when are you going and what cottage type have you booked? Don't forget to let us know what it's like when you return (assuming you go before we do?):)

rach109
11th January 2008, 16:58
No it dosn't mention anything about deals being used on my e mail confirmation but when I rang them yesterday to find out about the ?290 they had taken from my bank, she told me they had received my deals and sent out a written confirmation that it is all paid for.

BTW Just to let you know, the cottages have a hob & microwave in them:) You can actually see the hob on the virtual tour of a 6 person comfort cottage in the kitchen section but for some reason you can't see into the kitchen on the virtual tour of the premier cottages. Have you booked premier? We went with the comfort in the end otherwise I wouldn't have had enough deals on me and would have had to pay the difference of ?66 in cash:shocked:
Shopsomemore-when are you going and what cottage type have you booked? Don't forget to let us know what it's like when you return (assuming you go before we do?):)

:eek: heaven forbid :laugh:

we have booked premier,just because Mr T is paying :laugh:

in the UK we went for comfort

remind me what date you guys are going ?

we are Mon 11th Aug for 3 nights

kirsjude
11th January 2008, 17:35
We have just booked 3 nights at the new CP, going on 27/6. Booked premier accomodation for 6 cost ?549.

Booked Eurotunnel seperately, costing ?108.

All paid for by Mr T :clap2::clap2:

Just got to sort Tesco insurance now.

BTW, the person we spoke to at French Life tonight, was really efficient, knew exactly what to do and call only took about 10 mins (2 calls previously were quite painful though :rolleyes:).

Am v. excited - not been to CP before.

rach109
11th January 2008, 17:54
We have just booked 3 nights at the new CP, going on 27/6. Booked premier accomodation for 6 cost ?549.

Booked Eurotunnel seperately, costing ?108.

All paid for by Mr T :clap2::clap2:

Just got to sort Tesco insurance now.

BTW, the person we spoke to at French Life tonight, was really efficient, knew exactly what to do and call only took about 10 mins (2 calls previously were quite painful though :rolleyes:).

Am v. excited - not been to CP before.

:clap2:

ooh you will be able to report back to us all, on what its like :D

It looks fab,was just showing my 2 boys the virtual tours / plans etc ,they cant wait

we have been to the UK one only once, and we all loved it :)

shopsomemore
11th January 2008, 18:17
We are going in July and booked prem. as there are 3 rooms in them. So Grandad can have one,the kids another and hubbie and I the 3rd. Would have felt a bit bad putting Grandad in the living room to get jumped on by the kids each morning !!

I am -again - on hold waiting to canel the insurance. Went with Tesco and got the 10% discount for paying with Tesco card!! Thanks to the o.p who posted about that.

kirsjude
11th January 2008, 18:25
We are going in July and booked prem. as there are 3 rooms in them. So Grandad can have one,the kids another and hubbie and I the 3rd. Would have felt a bit bad putting Grandad in the living room to get jumped on by the kids each morning !!

I am -again - on hold waiting to canel the insurance. Went with Tesco and got the 10% discount for paying with Tesco card!! Thanks to the o.p who posted about that.

Oooh I've missed that one. Have you got a link please?

rach109
11th January 2008, 18:28

same as us then,cant wait to hear about it when you return :clap2::clap2:

am planning on doing very little while im there :laugh:

after having 3 days in disney / paris !!

shopsomemore
11th January 2008, 18:34
No link it was mentioned on a thread but lost it now. I just phoned and when they got my details up from before, I asked if there was still 10% off for using tesco card. She went for a second and came back and said yes.

So I am now finally sorted - well refund from insurance but should be no problems should there????

kirsjude
11th January 2008, 18:40
No link it was mentioned on a thread but lost it now. I just phoned and when they got my details up from before, I asked if there was still 10% off for using tesco card. She went for a second and came back and said yes.

So I am now finally sorted - well refund from insurance but should be no problems should there????

Thanks - will phone later.

polokingkeith
11th January 2008, 21:31
[QUOTE=shopsomemore;419151]We are going in July and booked prem. as there are 3 rooms in them. So Grandad can have one,the kids another and hubbie and I the 3rd. Would have felt a bit bad putting Grandad in the living room to get jumped on by the kids each morning !!]

The comfort also have 3 bedrooms as that is what we have booked, I don't think there are any sofa beds in the living area there??

And Rach-we are going on 18th Aug (Mon to Fri), we love Center parcs but only ever been to the UK ones (Sherwood and Whinfell) so really looking forward to this now! Stil got insurance to sort but will prob go for the Tesco since it covers deals.

Also Shops-which Tesco card do you mean for the 10% off insurance, is that a clubcard or credit card? Unfortunately we don't have the credit card:(

rach109
11th January 2008, 22:02
[QUOTE=shopsomemore;419151]We are going in July and booked prem. as there are 3 rooms in them. So Grandad can have one,the kids another and hubbie and I the 3rd. Would have felt a bit bad putting Grandad in the living room to get jumped on by the kids each morning !!]

The comfort also have 3 bedrooms as that is what we have booked, I don't think there are any sofa beds in the living area there??

And Rach-we are going on 18th Aug (Mon to Fri), we love Center parcs but only ever been to the UK ones (Sherwood and Whinfell) so really looking forward to this now! Still got insurance to sort but will prob go for the Tesco since it covers deals.Also Shops-which Tesco card do you mean for the 10% off insurance, is that a clubcard or credit card? Unfortunately we don't have the credit card:(

ditto :(

princesskerry
11th January 2008, 22:20
Can I ask what website are you all going on to get a price and to see the new centr parc?
I found the french centr parc site is that it, if so how can I get a price in english pounds?

rach109
11th January 2008, 22:36
Can I ask what website are you all going on to get a price and to see the new center parc?
I found the french centr parc site is that it, if so how can I get a price in english pounds?

you have to ring frenchlife for a quote as its not on the website :(

its in the new brochure though,but the price in the brochure is not what you pay when using deals

its this one http://www.centerparcs.com/EN/GB/villages/lac_dailette

polokingkeith
12th January 2008, 14:08
Trying to sort out insurance today, have rang American Express as their policy seems to cover more than Tesco and I wanted to check if they covered deals, the advisor told me that someone rang them yesterday with the same query, just wondered if it was a PTShopper!!;) Anyway she is going to look into it for me and ring back on Mon but she dosn't see why it wouldn't cover if we have earned those points?? She even said she shops at Mr T and might start collecting:clap2: Just wondered what you all are doing about car breakdown insurance to drive abroad as Tesco's dosn't include that and the quotes I'm getting are not cheap for the 5 days, it actually looks like FL might be cheaper to insure the car at ?22.95??? But will they do the car only?

shopsomemore
12th January 2008, 14:23
For the 10 % discount on insurance, Credit card to pay with.

Well the bloke told us we needed the prem. Would not be suprised if he just could not be bothered to find out. Anyway its done now and I don't think it was much more than the comfort one.

shopsomemore
12th January 2008, 14:24
Not looked at car insurance yet !!

kirsjude
12th January 2008, 14:35
We rang Tesco to get insurance and was quoted ?127 for annual worldwide for family of four (including 10% discount for Tesco CC).

The fella said that it was cheaper on line, although cover is slightly less. He said that it will still cover holidays booked with deals, and accidental property damage.

Had a look online and got quote of ?97, so have booked that.

So, for people without a Tesco CC, I wouldn't worry and just book online, as that was much cheaper anyway.

marie
18th February 2008, 10:24
I was looking in the French life brochure as they do the 2 parcs in France that you can book with deals, are these the only 2 you can book, or can you book the other countries with a different brochure too?

Also when I was looking, it looks like the French ones are along way from airports etc, which would be a bit of a pain?

rach109
18th February 2008, 11:07
Hi

a few of us have booked here : http://www.centerparcs.com/EN/GB/villages/lac_dailette

with deals :) travelling by eurotunnel though not plane.

I've replied to your other thread in more detail !

marie
18th February 2008, 19:53
So if I went for the Disneyland Paris, then onto Centre parcs, does each accomodation have to be over ?500, or can the 2 different places just add up to that?

shopsomemore
18th February 2008, 20:09
Two together should be fine.

rach109
18th February 2008, 20:36
So if I went for the Disneyland Paris, then onto Centre parcs, does each accomodation have to be over ?500, or can the 2 different places just add up to that?

has to be each accomodation unfortunately

pinkieplum
19th February 2008, 18:42
Have only just noticed this. Have to investigate further. We love the continental centre parcs (done the other 2 in France and 1 in Holland) In fact we were considering going back to Holland this year and paying real money!

pinkieplum
19th February 2008, 18:50
bum - nothing left for May half term! nicest looking accomodation I have ever seen at a Center Parcs

rach109
19th February 2008, 21:36
what were the other 2 like in France ? :)

have you been to any UK CPs ?

pinkieplum
19th February 2008, 21:39
I loved the CP in Normandy. The one in the Loire Valley was OK but didn't think it was as nice as Normandy. Have been to Longleat which we loved too. The French ones are different - older, smaller and I thought, with more charachter (plus it felt more like being on holiday due to different food and different language) - although there weren't as many organised activities there as there were in Longleat (or in De Kempervennen in Holland which is so far our very favourite)

rach109
19th February 2008, 21:45
I loved the CP in Normandy. The one in the Loire Valley was OK but didn't think it was as nice as Normandy. Have been to Longleat which we loved too. The French ones are different - older, smaller and I thought, with more charachter (plus it felt more like being on holiday due to different food and different language) - although there weren't as many organised activities there as there were in Longleat (or in De Kempervennen in Holland which is so far our very favourite)

thats the only UK one we have been to ,too :)

polokingkeith
25th February 2008, 14:46
bum - nothing left for May half term! nicest looking accomodation I have ever seen at a Center Parcs

Hi pinkiplum, not sure exactly what accommodation type you are after but the new French CP Lac D'ailette does appear to have room for May half term, I have tried the 26th May for a midweek break (which is the May half term) and they def have accommodation for both comfort and premier, at least they do on the Center parcs site, AH! I have just twigged, is it French Life that have nothing left there for May half term? FL musn't be allocated very many of the villas then as there appear to be loads left on the CP site. Shame, but if you fancied paying real money:eek:the prices really are very cheap compared to our CPs for the May half term, might be worth a look:)

stinky minky
26th February 2008, 19:53
well we have just booked cp in holland and paid cash. france is really expensive. I have booked a week in holland at het heijerbos for ?438 and tesco have paid for the ferry which was really nice of them

rach109
26th February 2008, 20:40
well we have just booked cp in holland and paid cash. france is really expensive. I have booked a week in holland at het heijerbos for ?438 and tesco have paid for the ferry which was really nice of them

not when compared to the UK !

mandy
23rd June 2008, 22:30
was looking to book centreparc in france with frenchlife, but seen a few bad reviews. Anyone been to any of the french ones?
thanks
mandy x

rach109
23rd June 2008, 23:25
which one are you looking to book ?

some reviews chat here http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37800&highlight=adagio

fluffybunny
23rd June 2008, 23:53
and here

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16991

points reaper
24th June 2008, 09:05
a couple of weeks ago i went to Le Lac d'Ailette centreparc it was excellent me ,my wife & 2 kids aged 4 &12 loved it the swimming pool was very good with its lazy river ,wave machines ,waterfalls ,jacuzzies, and kids water fun area which is very similar to the alton towers hotels one .we had a villa in the woods it was spacious and very clean because it is still fairly new we hired a golf buggy to use for the week as the park is huge and once you unpacked your car you have got to leave it in the car park because the amount of bikes and buggies they dont let you use it in the park.there is lots to do for all ages if your into fishing see if you can get a villa thats right onto there large lake every villa has its own patio which is unsighted by neighbours the lake has a beach the motor boats are great fun the fun is on the dear side but is great quality and there is a all you can eat buffet most nights there is too much to describe so heres the link to the site.
http://www.centerparcs.com/EN/GB/villages/lac_dailette

rach109
24th June 2008, 09:10
a couple of weeks ago i went to Le Lac d'Ailette centreparc it was excellent me ,my wife & 2 kids aged 4 &12 loved it the swimming pool was very good with its lazy river ,wave machines ,waterfalls ,jacuzzies, and kids water fun area which is very similar to the alton towers hotels one .we had a villa in the woods it was spacious and very clean because it is still fairly new we hired a golf buggy to use for the week as the park is huge and once you unpacked your car you have got to leave it in the car park because the amount of bikes and buggies they dont let you use it in the park.there is lots to do for all ages if your into fishing see if you can get a villa thats right onto there large lake every villa has its own patio which is unsighted by neighbours the lake has a beach the motor boats are great fun the fun is on the dear side but is great quality and there is a all you can eat buffet most nights there is too much to describe so heres the link to the site.
http://www.centerparcs.com/EN/GB/villages/lac_dailette

:clap2: that is so good to hear,if you dont mind i will add it to my thread

cant wait to go in august

glad you all had a fab time :)

janegreen
24th June 2008, 11:32
My husband has got a week off from 15th Aug but no availability at Le Lac, could anyone give me any info for Le Bois, ie how far to drive from the ferry, which ferry or would I be better going on the tunnel ? any tips would be greatly appreciated as I think my husband will say no if its too far to drive. And any idea on current exchange rates.

Coupon-madder
24th June 2008, 11:42
My husband has got a week off from 15th Aug but no availability at Le Lac, could anyone give me any info for Le Bois, ie how far to drive from the ferry, which ferry or would I be better going on the tunnel ? any tips would be greatly appreciated as I think my husband will say no if its too far to drive. And any idea on current exchange rates.

I don't know the answer to the exchange rate but be aware that 15th August is a Bank Holiday in France, so you can't arrive at French Center Parcs on that day. Arrivals & departures that week are on the Thursday 14th, that's when we are going there!!

As for ferries, I think Les Bois is about 2 hours drive from Caen or a bit further (maybe 2 and a half hours?) from Cherbourg.

P.S. Don't let a French Life booking clerk tell you that you can arrive on 15th because you definitely can't, not for any of the French Center Parcs anyway. :shocked:

abijanzo
27th June 2008, 08:47
Hi,

We have just booked 10 nights at Le Lac D'Ailette with French Life... Was a bit pricey we had to book a 7 night stay and add on a 3 night stay as that's (apparently) the only way they could do it. Fortunately we had ?1300 of deals so we still only had to pay ?150 on top and that includes ferry crossing.

The plan is to go to Disney for a couple of day trips as it's about 1hr 40mins from centreparcs. We were going to stay at a French Life apartment (Val d'europe) nearer to Disney for a couple of nights on the back of a week at centreparcs, but the 2 nights near Disney was nowhere near ?500 and they wouldn't see it as 1 holiday (together with the centreparcs week) and therefore we couldnt use the deals for that, so we opted for the 10 nights at cp instead as it meant using less real money.

We've gone for a 3 bed premier from 5th Sept. (Luckily we have no school hols to restrict us yet as mine are still pre school.

So, just hoping it doesnt rain for 10 days now LOL. August was sooo expensive and sold out by the time we got around to booking anyway.

I've had lots of help and info. from a lovely guy on this forum who went with his family a couple of weeks ago - cheers pointsreaper!

Is anyone else going in September???

rach109
27th June 2008, 09:03
chat thread here

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37800

HTH

abijanzo
27th June 2008, 10:57
chat thread here

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37800

HTH

Thanks Rach, will post over there too.

Zoe.

Flo
9th November 2008, 16:44
I don't particularly want to go to Disneyland paris, I just want to fnd out which Centreparcs in Europe can be booked with deals.

Would particularly like ones recommended that are easy to find, lol.

rach109
9th November 2008, 16:52
the 3 in france can :)

the d'ailette one was pretty easy to find,well we didnt get lost anyway :laugh:

Flo
9th November 2008, 16:54
Is there a way of getting a price online which is close to deals price?

Would you recommend le lac?

I am wondering if we can scrape enough deals for centreparcs for Aug 09. The UK ones are over ?1000 for 1 week!

rach109
9th November 2008, 22:41
i could never get any online pricing! it always said pricing not available,and to ring for a quote

crazy prices arent they !! as much as i love CPs i would never pay that in real money,for a Uk holiday!

yes i really liked it,lovely site :)
would definitely go back

x

clockwatcher
10th November 2008, 00:47
Just been to Les Hauts de Bruyeres, and it was signposted from miles away. The directions we were sent weren't much use though, as we were coming from a different ferry port!

polokingkeith
2nd January 2009, 19:14
Does anyone have any info on the Center Parcs site Les Bois Francs? How far is it from Calais and is the site any good? Read mixed reviews about the accommodation there, most say the accom is shabby? There is a really good price for here during the last week of the summer hols with French Life, just wondered if it's worth risking changing my very hard to get points into vouchers for a break here????:confused: Thanks for any info

numpty
2nd January 2009, 19:29
http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37800&highlight=french+life&page=15

Also have a read of rest of that thread, lots of info on the CP's
Driving its about 3-4 hours to Calais

HTH
numpty xx

polokingkeith
2nd January 2009, 19:40
Thanks Numpty for your quick reply, I have actually just PM'd you before I saw this reply! How did you find the accommodation?

hels123smiles
31st March 2009, 17:09
Im sorry, I have searched but I cant find any info on here or the FL site.......any ideas peeeps??

Thanks in advance xx

zoebusher
31st March 2009, 17:10
Its in the paper brochure if you could get one