PDA

View Full Version : XL changed flight details

janice mac
11th October 2007, 13:02
Have a holiday booked to Kos for next year.

24th - 31st May

The flight coming home was due to depart at about 2 in the morning of the
1st June, didnt think too much about it but have just had another letter from them saying that flight will now depart at 6am on the 1st June. Therefore my holiday will basically be extended by 1 day, however we only have 7 nights accomodation so will have to vacate the room at mid day on the 31st. They can book a late checkout room until we are there so we will be stuck with no where to go. Anyone got any suggestions?

Maldives
11th October 2007, 13:20
Ring the hotel direct see if you can book an extra night.. or check other hotels in area for the extra night..

polokingkeith
11th October 2007, 15:27
We have just had the same thing happen to us but our hol with XL is to Turkey and so far we havn't been informed at all, I found out by chance today when checking in on their web site, our flight times are now even worse as they both (the outward and homeward flight) are 12 hours later making them both now night flights:mad: We had also already booked 2 non refundable rooms at a travelodge which we now won't get to use until 5 in the morning, does anyone know if Travelodge will keep our rooms until that time? We have a long drive home after the flight and I might can at least get a couple of hours kip plus breakfast as this travelodge has a bar cafe. Anyone any ideas?? Must admit not at all impressed with XL as night flights are usually cheaper (today their site is showing a ?370 cheaper price) but when I rang them about the change in flights they couldn't give any refund (only part was paid in Tesco vouchers) so all they could do was cancel the whole holiday, refund the vouchers to tesco and me re booking it all again, but the chances of all that being sorted before the end of Oct when they pull out are prob zero so looks like we will have to put up with it or loose the holiday altogether:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

janice mac
11th October 2007, 16:06
I did mean that they cant book a late checkout room until we are there and then only if one is available.

On speaking further with XL she said that they would more than likely change AGAIN before we go.

On checking their website today it confirms that XL are the carrier going out but it is TBA for the way home. Looks like they are having problems getting their slots sorted.

Raffles
12th October 2007, 08:51
Found myself on an XL flight last week. As tends to happen disturbingly frequently with XL, so I'm led to believe, we had to abort our take off part way through after all the electronics went funny. After sitting on the ground for an hour, the pilot decided to fly us back without using the electronic mapping equipment - so we flew back at 19,000 feet (v the usual 33,000 feet) so he could see where he was going. I kid you not.

Also b*gger-all leg room, as you'd expect. If you're 6'2', as I am, you genuinely cannot sit normally in the seat - luckily I had a whole row to myself.

Maverick
12th October 2007, 08:58
OMG Raffles, I wouldnt like that, I must admit having had a fair few dealings with Xl where I used their XL one service as a cheap, comfortbable way to get to St KItts, so I could hop over to the BVI, of the four times I booked only two legs did I actually get to sit in the bit that I had paid for, not impressed at all, as you can imagine. The only reason I kept booking was that they promised me complimentary upgrades to make up for my hassle which I never got!

Our*holiday*fund
12th October 2007, 09:42
i also got a letter a couple of weeks ago, had my xl flight changed by about 5 hours, returnng flights are now in the early hours of the morning instead of night time and flights going are at teatime instead of dinner time, not as bad as some peoples hassle posted but did also mean i have a ?40travelodge room at the airport booked i cant use and cant get a refund :mad: as said it seems a very common problem, this is the first time ive been away with anyone other than first choice and i wont use them again after these experiances, hope everything else goes ok

janice mac
12th October 2007, 10:13
We wet to Fuerteventura with them in May this year and I can honestly say that it all went really smoothly which is why we booked with them again!

WELSH-DRAGON
12th October 2007, 11:56
my flights have just been changed and I am not a happy welshy

we are now flying from Bristol instead of Cardiff as they are no longer flying to Spain from Cardiff anymore - I'm really miffed. DD3 gets exceptionally travel sick and cardiff airport is about 10 mins away whereas Bristol is much further.

Welshy x

jizadine
12th October 2007, 14:35
Our flights were changed twice before we went away to Menorca. However, the flights we actually got were the best of the three. Plus, we travelled with "My Travel" so plane was quite comfortable :-)

mummyglass
13th November 2007, 14:13
We have had our flight times changed for Gran Canaria next June. Not at all happy as we now land at night time with 4 small children. XL have said that it is still not actually confirmed until we get our documents through!

sammybear
13th November 2007, 14:24
I got another letter today also, changed my Zante flight (again) to 14 hours earlier ! and they have changed the airline to AirMalta as well.
They have offered a full refund if i want, but think it will still be okay- just means ive got to get up at some stupid hour in the middle of the night.

S

kirsjude
13th November 2007, 15:26
Our flights to Alicante have also changed again.

Not at all impressed with XL. Would not use them again :(

di90
18th November 2007, 10:58
my flights to tenerife at xmas have also changed. we booked to fly from birmingham but they changed the flights - fly out from brum and return to east midlands - no way!! at this point we had even booked the airport parking. I contacted them and they agreed to us flying from and returning to east midlands. They wouldn't even refund us the difference as the flights were ?30cheaper than we paid dispite the disruption caused!!
They have also said that they can't garanteed that it won't be changed again :eek: At the time i contacted them they offered a refund but we would have lost out on our accomodation paid of ?315

I booked with them because i used CC points and at the time everyone gave good reviews. I won't be booking with them again after all i've read about them now!!

I think we need to contact Watchdog about them. Surely they can't mess people around to the extent they do. In my whole life i have never had a flight cancelled. It interferes with accomodation, transfers, airport parking and flying at silly times to the ones you originally book!

kayw
18th November 2007, 20:29
my flights for October 2008 have changed from 7.30 am to 7.30 pm and return is now 5am instead of 5pm. I am not too happy aboutit, as i booked xl not only because of tesco, but because I liked the return flight time. I own a home there so at least I have no acconodation problems

Our*holiday*fund
18th November 2007, 21:05
[QUOTE=daiana;351614]
I booked with them because i used CC points and at the time everyone gave good reviews. I won't be booking with them again after all i've read about them now!!
QUOTE]

completely agree, whats going wrong, i remember reading what seemed like lots of posts from people having xl hols and no reports of probs, i think lots of us booked at the end of the last quarter before xl left and it seems the majority of us have had flights changed, some more than once, my flights are now early hours of the morning which i wouldnt have done with a 4 year old, your also on edge that they can change them again, our accomadation is booked seperatly to the flights but still with xl, i know we didnt pay cash and some people might think its wrong to moan, but i would never book with them again.

kayw
18th November 2007, 21:58
I have used xl lots of times twice with tesco, and ots with cash. I have had only 1 problem in all those times, with my last flight in May this year, complained and got a 15% (i think) discount when I booked this flight. i agree though, I wouldn't use them again even if I could use cc for them.

boysmum
18th November 2007, 22:27
My flights for June have also changed, now do arrive home till midnight, no trians at that time

Maverick
3rd February 2008, 19:34
Just had my flights changed too

ninja_ang
3rd February 2008, 19:39
I have had mine changed 5 times so far, am flying in may, hopefully won't change anymore as we've already lost a day!
XXXX

Maverick
3rd February 2008, 20:20
Thats crazy behaviour, my change so far is ok, but with interconnecting flights, its a bit nerve wracking that they can keep changing havent booked my onward flights yet, and am a bit nervous to do so!

boysmum
6th February 2008, 19:21
I have just had my third flight change, this time I had to sign to accept the changes.

mummyglass
8th February 2008, 15:58
I have just had my third flight change, this time I had to sign to accept the changes.

We have also had to do this. I am getting quite nervous about it all now.

sammybear
9th February 2008, 10:57
We have also had to do this. I am getting quite nervous about it all now.

mine has been changed about 3 times as well- just waiting for another one !!:rolleyes:

Saying that my DD flights were changed the other day by 23 hours- not good !! and she is flying with Thompson to Tenerife.

S