PDA

View Full Version : who should I contact?

Deedee
15th October 2007, 10:25
Morning all,

I need a bit of help, last time I went to Florida, we had to fill out those little cards on the plane before US would let us in, noe I can remember there being a question about convictions (motoring or otherwise)

Now since our last trip OH has been a naughty boy and has only just got his licence back, who do I need to phone to check that he'll be allowed in?

Deedee
15th October 2007, 10:29
LOL Floos, shall we leave all the kids with him and just go Girlies on tour!

Deedee
15th October 2007, 10:39
looks like he may well be staying behind! Just spoke to the US embassy, and he has to apply for a visa, contact the local police authority to request a Subject access statement, then he'll have to attend an interview at the embassy in London! I know for a fact he wont do that! CRAP!

Deedee
15th October 2007, 10:44
lol, The crappy thing is, last time we went, he had a similar conviction (I know, he's an arse, thought he'd be alright the morning after!) But we didn't know that he'd have to apply for any thing! US immigration just let us through after a VERY STERN word from the immigration guys there! So there is a tiny bit of me thinking, just play stupid!

Deedee
15th October 2007, 10:53
MAD! just phoned OH to tell him, and he was OK with it! Freak! I thought he'd have a coronary! LOL
Soz Floos, looks like the seat may be taken again!

Our*holiday*fund
16th October 2007, 18:02

traceya89
17th October 2007, 01:01
www.orlando-guide.info/forums have a section related to visas and the visa waiver programme. you are supposed to declare arrests/convictions at the Embassy prior to travelling to Florida if you cant travel on the VWP. the dibb briefly touches on visas.

KRYSIA0508
17th October 2007, 06:41
Do they still have these corkers:

Have you been on a farm in the last 30 days?

Have you got any guns in your possession?

Yes they do:D

KRYSIA0508
17th October 2007, 06:44
We've just come back from Vegas. My husband had 3 points put on his licence this year for speeding but he didn't have to go to the embassy for a visa. Just filled out the form truthfully on the plane and no problems. Perhaps he was just lucky!

Rufus the Red
18th October 2007, 01:45
I got banned for DD (silly boy) in 2000 and have been to Florida 7 times since, i've never had a problem getting into the US, the only Embassy I had to go to was The Embassy Suites in 2002!!!

NatsDad
18th October 2007, 02:27
I believe traffic convictions are excluded from requirement to disclose to the Embassy.

Shimmer
18th October 2007, 07:37
woohooo america here i come lol

LOL:D:D

Our*holiday*fund
18th October 2007, 14:12
www.orlando-guide.info/forums have a section related to visas and the visa waiver programme. you are supposed to declare arrests/convictions at the Embassy prior to travelling to Florida if you cant travel on the VWP. the dibb briefly touches on visas.

thankyou for this, had a look then found other forums discussing this and basically from what i can see, if you are unsure and ring the embassy they will tell you (right or wrong) you must go to the embassy, i get the impression they tell you this even if you dont need to, and people that do go can get refused easily for very silly things that if theyd gone on the vwp no one would have had a problem with, from what i can make out alot of people think its just a money making scheme by the embassy by scaremongouring.

Deedee
1st May 2008, 16:32
Just to let you all know, US Embassy (Belfast) called me this afternoon to inform us that OH will be allowed to travel with a Visa. They'll process it asap.
After his trip to Belfast, he had to go to London the next day to see the Doctor there, blood test, urine all that jazz. (doc's next to Harrods, so it would have criminal for me not to tag along)

So Mardy ar$e is coming, visa is valid for 10 yrs, no one will be stressing going through immigration pannicking that his passport had been flagged from last time!

CrystalTips
1st May 2008, 16:35
That's great news hun.

And Harrods, oh get you. No flirting with the door man :D

bloaty
5th May 2008, 16:50
Things are so different these days.

When I was young and I think of some of the silly pranks students got up to, but nowadays they end up with a criminal record - how stupid is that!

On a more serious note, for some of them it can actually affect their whole future. Unable to travel/work abroad, not able to work is certain industries, to name but a few.

Glad you got your visa sorted out quite painlessly and a lesson to us all for the future.

disneymad
16th May 2008, 10:58
So am I right in thinking if you have 3 points on your licence for going through a red light and have never been arrested you can use the Visa Waiver program?

Deedee
16th May 2008, 11:01
yes, only arrests need to be declared so to speak

missstroppy
16th May 2008, 12:00
He has to go to the doctor!!! And produce a pee test!

OMG Tell me thats not for the visa!

newish2this
17th May 2008, 10:49
Hang on, Hang on, I'm confused:confused: (doesn't take much:o)

I have 3 points on my license (I wasn't arrested or anything, was doing 35 in a 30 m/hr zone). Is this an issue???? Am I going to be refused entry? We go to Florida in 10 sleeps and I never even considered this to be a problem!!!!:eek:

Also, am I going to have a problem driving over there? My husband was doing to do most of the driving but I was going to aswell (or maybe not now:()

Deedee
17th May 2008, 10:57
NOOOOO Newish, only if you were arrested! You are perfectly fine.

newish2this
17th May 2008, 11:06
NOOOOO Newish, only if you were arrested! You are perfectly fine.

Thanks dee!!!!!!!!!
I'm on nights at the mo, and just got up to have a coffee...... brain went into overdrive:o