PDA

View Full Version : London - Hotel

Threebabes
18th October 2007, 14:42
Hi

Does anyone know what London hotel would accommodate 5 people her room/suite? Not bothered who we stay with as long as its nice and central.

Thinking of take the kids to london half term in Feb for 2 nights and not sure where to start, thanks for any advice.

:)

heatherbelle
18th October 2007, 19:15
Hilton do family rooms, give them a ring

Threebabes
18th October 2007, 20:02
Thanks for that :)

Raffles
19th October 2007, 09:44
Look at Citadines - they don't go through deals but are cheap enough so you may not need to. This is a chain of 'apartment hotels'.

Also remember that you can always book two rooms with connecting internal doors - 90% of hotels have some or all of their rooms like this.

veebee23454
19th October 2007, 12:24
We stayed at the Thistle Westminster earlier this yr, v nice hotel, booked thru hotelnet (which is a gd place to find accom for 5) however they don't seem to offer the hotel any more. It may be worth giving the Thistle a call direct, but you won't get it discounted though.

Threebabes
19th October 2007, 13:11
We stayed at the Thistle Westminster earlier this yr, v nice hotel, booked thru hotelnet (which is a gd place to find accom for 5) however they don't seem to offer the hotel any more. It may be worth giving the Thistle a call direct, but you won't get it discounted though.

I will have about ?1,000 in deals when the next vouchers come out and Im happy to spend the lot on 3 nights in a nice london hotel for us, Im thinking we are going to have go for the adjoining rooms rather than one room, trust me to have 3 kids :).

Raffles
22nd October 2007, 10:00
I will have about ?1,000 in deals when the next vouchers come out and Im happy to spend the lot on 3 nights in a nice london hotel for us, Im thinking we are going to have go for the adjoining rooms rather than one room, trust me to have 3 kids :).

PLEASE remember to use tripadvisor before you book. Just because a hotel has 4 or 5 stars does not mean, especially in London, that it has seen a coat of paint in the last 20 years, yet alone had anything resembling a furniture refurbishment. There are some decent Hilton and Marriott properties available through Deals, but also some stinkers.

If you're travelling on a weekend, there is a brand new Hilton at Canary Wharf and a brand new Hilton at Tower Bridge / London Bridge. These are both cheap at the weekend due to their location in business areas and, because they are new, are very nice inside. Both offer very easy access to the West End on the Jubilee Line. There is also the Marriott West India Quay at Canary Wharf which is very nice and only 3-4 years old - again, this discounts heavily at weekends so your vouchers will go furthern.

Melcatfish
22nd October 2007, 10:17
PLEASE remember to use tripadvisor before you book. Just because a hotel has 4 or 5 stars does not mean, especially in London, that it has seen a coat of paint in the last 20 years, yet alone had anything resembling a furniture refurbishment. There are some decent Hilton and Marriott properties available through Deals, but also some stinkers.

If you're travelling on a weekend, there is a brand new Hilton at Canary Wharf and a brand new Hilton at Tower Bridge / London Bridge. These are both cheap at the weekend due to their location in business areas and, because they are new, are very nice inside. Both offer very easy access to the West End on the Jubilee Line. There is also the Marriott West India Quay at Canary Wharf which is very nice and only 3-4 years old - again, this discounts heavily at weekends so your vouchers will go furthern.

I am also looking at maybe a night in London at some point soon so Thank you for your helpful recommendations. Have a rep!

Mel
x

addictedtosaving
22nd October 2007, 22:32
We recently stayed at the West India Quay Marriott in Canary Wharf. There were 5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids aged 10, 8 and 2). We had a family room which consisted of 2 double beds and a cot for the little 'un. We stayed for 2 nights and the cost was ?148 per night. I was extremely impressed with the hotel, and there was a rail link from right outside the door direct to the underground stations. If we were to go to London again we would definitely stay at this hotel.

Threebabes
23rd October 2007, 08:32

Thanks for your advice, we really appreciate it.

Caroline

mhoc
23rd October 2007, 09:13
We recently stayed at the West India Quay Marriott in Canary Wharf. There were 5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids aged 10, 8 and 2). We had a family room which consisted of 2 double beds and a cot for the little 'un. We stayed for 2 nights and the cost was ?148 per night. I was extremely impressed with the hotel, and there was a rail link from right outside the door direct to the underground stations. If we were to go to London again we would definitely stay at this hotel.

A stupid question, ?148 in deals, ?444 altogether - did this include breakast?

Also how far in advance did you book?

Raffles
23rd October 2007, 09:33
Its a bit steep, but it depends when you went. A Deluxe Room with 2 double beds, including breakfast, is ?150 inc VAT for 2 on Sat 17 Nov. For some reason it won't give me a price for 4 in the room but I imagine it would be ?170. This is for paying cash. ?72 per night using Deals is therefore a 60% discount. This is a very flash five star - it is not a glorified Travelodge like some Marriotts .....!

addictedtosaving
23rd October 2007, 22:18
A stupid question, ?148 in deals, ?444 altogether - did this include breakast?

Also how far in advance did you book?

It would be ?444 for 3 nights and yes, breakfast was included. Even the kids breakfast was included and they ate more than we did! They couldn't believe they had chocolate chip muffins for breakfast so after the bacon, eggs, mushrooms, toast, fried bread, tomatoes, beans and black pudding they had a chocolate muffin, Danish pastry and several glasses of fruit juice. And they are only 10 and 8 years old and my 8 year old is as thin as a pencil.

We booked it about 6 weeks in advance.

heatherbelle
26th October 2007, 10:30
Its a bit steep, but it depends when you went. A Deluxe Room with 2 double beds, including breakfast, is ?150 inc VAT for 2 on Sat 17 Nov. For some reason it won't give me a price for 4 in the room but I imagine it would be ?170. This is for paying cash. ?72 per night using Deals is therefore a 60% discount. This is a very flash five star - it is not a glorified Travelodge like some Marriotts .....!

thanks for this, I was looking for somewhere nice to stay. Rep sent.

pickster
29th October 2007, 13:54
Travelodge London, City Road.
Only ?29 a night, you could book 2 rooms for the 5 of you.
If you book breakfast aswell kids eat free.
This Travelodge only opened on 1st Oct 2007 and is themed towards 2012 olympics. Rooms look really fresh. It's situated behind the Barbican.
Have a look:
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/340/LondonCityRoad

Flo
31st October 2007, 10:09
It would be ?444 for 3 nights and yes, breakfast was included. Even the kids breakfast was included and they ate more than we did! They couldn't believe they had chocolate chip muffins for breakfast so after the bacon, eggs, mushrooms, toast, fried bread, tomatoes, beans and black pudding they had a chocolate muffin, Danish pastry and several glasses of fruit juice. And they are only 10 and 8 years old and my 8 year old is as thin as a pencil.

We booked it about 6 weeks in advance.

What was your nearest underground station?

boysmum
30th November 2007, 21:16
I have just changed the last of my deals, have 210 pounds coming, to book a hotel to give to hubby for christmas, will book a show to go with it.
Can anyone recommend a good hotel? only looking for one night.
Thanks for your help

Raffles
30th November 2007, 21:22
Hilton Waldorf is walkable from most of the theatres, which makes for a nicer evening - no need to try to hunt for a cab. Not a bad hotel either.

boysmum
30th November 2007, 21:35
I like the idea of a Hilton Hotel as they send out a gift card, if I have read right, which would be something to put under the tree for him
thanks

boysmum
30th November 2007, 21:45
Just looked it up, and no available rooms for tesco deals :(

Oh well back to the drawing board :lol