PDA

View Full Version : Missing BMI miles on MBNA card

shopaholic2
25th October 2007, 21:11
I got a platinum card but didn't get the 20k miles even though I spent 250.00. MBNA say I should have qualified but can't tell me who to contact at BMI. Any suggestions?

Raffles
26th October 2007, 10:29
I got a platinum card but didn't get the 20k miles even though I spent 250.00. MBNA say I should have qualified but can't tell me who to contact at BMI. Any suggestions?

This does happen occasionally.

E-mail diamond.club@flybmi.com and Joanna will sort it out. Tell her your BMI account number and that your first set of miles from the card have posted but not the bonus. She can very easily see that you have had a chunk of miles from MBNA but no bonus, and can add them on for you. She is a very helpful woman so you shouldn't have any problems.

The best use of 20,000 miles is a business-class return ticket to Moscow (18,000 miles) as they run a great service there - big seats and very good food. Alternatively, using 'cash and miles' you could get 2 business class seats to Moscow for 7,500 miles + 105 + tax each. However, Moscow is very expensive and getting a visa can be hassle. The website has details of all the other possibilities.

However, if you can get up to 37,500 miles you can get a business class seat to the US, Canada, Caribbean, Latin America or South Africa using 'cash and miles'. 30,000 miles will get you a business class seat on 'cash and miles' to Egypt or the Middle East.

shopaholic2
27th October 2007, 12:37
thanks Raffes. I have done Moscow but would like to go to St Petersburg and I believe BMI have either started or are going to start that route.

black cat
28th October 2007, 10:39
Both me and BF have just got the BMI card with the 20,000 miles and I do fancy Moscow.

However we are waiting to see who Scotland get in the World Cup 2010 qualifiers (drawn end of next month) and therefore where we can use BMI (and BA) miles to get to before thinking of going somewhere for a "holiday" as well.

How long would you say you need to allow to "see" Moscow?

shopaholic2
28th October 2007, 12:08
I would say you could see it in 3 days but don't forget there is a 3 hour time difference and a 4 hour flight. I was stupid and didn't realise this - thought it was 3 hour flight and 2 hour time difference. We went for 2 nights but didn't arrive until late on 1st night so was a very quick trip and we saw the main sights. I would say 2 nights would be enough but depends what you want to see. Don't miss a guided tour of the Kremlin - we joined up with some other tourists and clubbed together.

Raffles
28th October 2007, 23:42
We did 3 nights. The BMI flight leaves in the morning and lands late afternoon, so you've basically lost the day. The return flight leaves PM so the timing is good. If you fly Fri AM, get the Mon PM flight back.

Go over a weekend as the hotel prices drop from mad to just silly.

Book Bolshoi tickets on line. The main stage is closed but the 2nd stage - which is a smaller clone and still looks fantastic - is not affected by the building work. We paid 13 for 2nd price (I think) seats to see The Magic Flute - you can book online.

Don't underestimate the hassle of a visa - use a proper visa service. Don't think of queuing yourself.

shopaholic2
6th November 2007, 20:40
5 emails later and several phone calls to the Indian Call centre I am still missing the miles. They tell me that I have "already had 20,000 miles" and when I explain that I have a platinum card for which the miles have not been credited I am told they have no record. MBNA tell me both cards are linked to the one BMI account. BMI ignore all of my emails and do not act on my phone calls. Any suggestions?

Raffles
6th November 2007, 23:21
Try plan B. Get a Flyertalk log-in (if you haven't already got one) and send a Private Message to 'Diamond Club'. Usually gets a response for me.

shopaholic2
7th November 2007, 10:55
Try plan B. Get a Flyertalk log-in (if you haven't already got one) and send a Private Message to 'Diamond Club'. Usually gets a response for me.

Have already done this - am waiting to hear from Joanna. Thanks for the advice anyway.

shopaholic2
12th November 2007, 23:02
Just an update - BMI have refused to give me the miles saying that MBNA are only allowing 1 bonus miles per customer. My husband got his but I didn't. I am far from happy about this as I was assurred by MBNA that I would receive another 20,000 miles.