PDA

View Full Version : american express blue ?

JANED9388
26th October 2007, 08:34
The sticky mentions bringing the cost of the premium BA amex card down to 30 by having an amex blue, is this still correct, I can only see red and platinum (and green chargecard) on the amex website. I got my fee to 30 this year with a nectar one, but I think it was a fluke and want to get the right one as well. Am I missing something obvious ?? Thanks

Maverick
26th October 2007, 10:29
Just doing this my self now, and no its not, you have to have the normal platnium then apply for the BA platnium you have to have it for six mths too.

JANED9388
27th October 2007, 08:34
I've already got the BA platinum, I somehow managed to convince them my nectar amex counted towards getting the cost to 30, but I think I better get the right card before next years fee comes round and they charge me the whole 120. So you think the normal platinum will do the trick ?

Maverick
27th October 2007, 10:51
I applied for the Ba blue and they told me on two seperate occassions and two members of staff that to get the reduced rate, i needed to have the platnium for six mths, its such a hassle!

JANED9388
27th October 2007, 12:28
they told me that too, but as I only had 2 months left to get the 2-4-1 ticket and would not have managed 20K spend in that time, I decided to pay the 120 and use the 2-4-1 on a buisiness class ticket as it was worth the extra money to me. The the credit card arrived and said 30 - I'm not complaining, but hoping to get the right one before I have to pay next year.