PDA

View Full Version : Goldsmiths

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

john2303
23rd November 2006, 12:57
Hi

I currently have 1 clubcard account and I am saving up for a new TAG watch from Goldsmiths (i currently have ?400 in Tesco deals). If I was to open a new cc acct in my wifes name, would I beable to use her vouchers towards my new TAG?

Cheers

John

suziq
23rd November 2006, 12:58
maybe she cud have the same initial? ;)

Maldives
23rd November 2006, 12:59
http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=899

Hello John and Welcome

take a look at this thread about online accounts.......

pumpkin
23rd November 2006, 13:40
Hi

I currently have 1 clubcard account and I am saving up for a new TAG watch from Goldsmiths (i currently have ?400 in Tesco deals). If I was to open a new cc acct in my wifes name, would I beable to use her vouchers towards my new TAG?

Cheers

John

The deals vouchers only have surnames on them John :clap2:

john2303
27th November 2006, 09:24
I have set up another account using my works email adress and I am due a delivery tonight with an extra 1000 points. Will this be ok when I come to exchange my vouchers into cc deals

Maldives
27th November 2006, 09:30
Yes thats fine, I have an account using my works email addy too, not had a problem....

Suggest you maybe open at least another one using hotmails free email addresses... that way you can utilise the codes more..... its really easy opening up hotmail adds......

HELLO_KITTY
27th November 2006, 11:42
i ordered goldsmiths vouchers last quarter and they had no surname on, but they did ask for my clubcard and i.d when i bought a ring..

john2303
27th November 2006, 12:00
i ordered goldsmiths vouchers last quarter and they had no surname on, but they did ask for my clubcard and i.d when i bought a ring..

how many clubcard accounts do you hold? were they pretty strict about it i.e checking clubcard details against individual vouchers etc?

littleange_com
5th February 2007, 19:01
Or am I just being blind, can't see any on the website?

Angel
5th February 2007, 19:09
I believe they do .......

Gizmos
5th February 2007, 19:20
they do yes - that's where we got ours from they have a fantastic selection as well to suit all styles and pockets

littleange_com
5th February 2007, 19:24
Thanks guys,

Can't see any on the website - so maybe just instore?!?

Gizmos
5th February 2007, 19:32
Thanks guys,

Can't see any on the website - so maybe just instore?!?

must be - the service we got was second to none an you really got a feel that they were interested in you

penfold
5th February 2007, 19:42
must be - the service we got was second to none an you really got a feel that they were interested in you

I'll second that, even when they know you are paying in vouchers. :)

Gizmos
5th February 2007, 19:43
I'll second that, even when they know you are paying in vouchers. :)

this was before Tesco vouchers - we did get our other rings at the same store so they sort of knew us already -

whamfanuk
5th February 2007, 21:52
reminds me of a joke

a tramp walks intoa jewellers and begins to finger his A hole, the jeweller screams get out your dirty t**t,
the tramp points to a sign in the window - COME IN AND PICK YOUR RING IN COMFORT

littleange_com
5th February 2007, 21:53
reminds me of a joke

a tramp walks intoa jewellers and begins to finger his A hole, the jeweller screams get out your dirty t**t,
the tramp points to a sign in the window - COME IN AND PICK YOUR RING IN COMFORT

:clap2:

pumpkin
5th February 2007, 22:08
anyway, little ang, why do you ask? Do you have something to tell us about :love:

littleange_com
5th February 2007, 22:19
Hehe, not really, just looking for something to spend my points on :D

Was gonna go to blackpool for my birthday, but been thinking I'd rather spend the money on something we can keep so been looking at a dishwasher at MFI and been looking for something to spend the rest on :D can't really find much to be honest

Been talking a bit and if we do get married don't wanna spend much, so was thinking I could save points and use cashback, survey money etc to have a free wedding sometime in the future :D

Just wanted an idea of cost of rings there so I know what I'd be working towards - not even sure we need rings :) Definately wouldn't mind buying them with points then it doesn't seem like a big waste of money.

:love:

Cinderella
5th February 2007, 22:36
they do yes - that's where we got ours from they have a fantastic selection as well to suit all styles and pockets
but what about fingers?:D

mrsm
6th February 2007, 06:42
thanks for this.
My new found addiction to pts and collecting points has been since I realised I could finally get my eternity ring and without spending a penny. I am so excited:clap2:

HELLO_KITTY
6th February 2007, 08:14
i got my wedding ring from there, its gorgeous, i'd never been able to afford it with real money..just got to convince my partner to get married soon..lol..i was thinking of doing virgin weddings in new york or something..all i need is deals on a wedding dress and i'll have a nice tesco paid wedding..

Gizmos
6th February 2007, 08:58
i got my wedding ring from there, its gorgeous, i'd never been able to afford it with real money..just got to convince my partner to get married soon..lol..i was thinking of doing virgin weddings in new york or something..all i need is deals on a wedding dress and i'll have a nice tesco paid wedding..

Virgin Wedding in the Caribbean as well - got married abroad so can recommend it

Maldives
6th February 2007, 13:06
Got our Wedding rings from Goldsmiths, sadly before Tesco times. Also got married in Dom Rep, would say to anyone getting married soon, go abroad...

littleange_com
6th February 2007, 13:38
Sounds nice, but not sure I fancy the heat

Just looked on virgin and cosmos - looks very pricey to get married abroad compared with ?45 at leeds town hall lol

Gizmos
6th February 2007, 14:18
Sounds nice, but not sure I fancy the heat

Just looked on virgin and cosmos - looks very pricey to get married abroad compared with ?45 at leeds town hall lol

total cost of ours including wedding, dress, suit, two week holiday and a reception when we got back was under ?2,000 with premium flights

bonus was the resort we were supposed to be going to was having refurb work and wouldnt be finished - ended up at a 5 star resort instead with better quality wedding facilities etc - they apparently were only upgrading people with weddings so we were well pleased

littleange_com
6th February 2007, 16:34
Don't think boyfriend's family would be pleased if they weren't invited - so gets a bit pricey

Gizmos
6th February 2007, 16:40
Don't think boyfriend's family would be pleased if they weren't invited - so gets a bit pricey

very true

Maldives
6th February 2007, 17:58
We had a party of 12 go out to the Dom Rep.... they all paid for themselves.... so our cost was about ?2k...

Mum bought my wedding dress, well actually it was an evening dress, didn't want the meringue (Cant SP) look, my shoes cost more than the dress, the wedding package was ?150 which Mum paid for I think, just had to pay for extra button holes and champagne.. got free photos which are really good, but MIL & FIL also bought the negs for us too.... so quite cheap really...

Gizmos
6th February 2007, 18:31
We had a party of 12 go out to the Dom Rep.... they all paid for themselves.... so our cost was about ?2k...

Mum bought my wedding dress, well actually it was an evening dress, didn't want the meringue (Cant SP) look, my shoes cost more than the dress, the wedding package was ?150 which Mum paid for I think, just had to pay for extra button holes and champagne.. got free photos which are really good, but MIL & FIL also bought the negs for us too.... so quite cheap really...

wedding dress could be dyed and used as an evening dress - no meringue here; had sandals that were ?20 (kept them for the wedding day and then wore them a lot more the rest of the holiday so not one wear wonders - in fact lasted me three summers!). Think our package was included and we paid extra for video. met some people there who also took loads of piccies as well, the offical photographer didnt include the negs but we scanned the pics in and they retained their quality (tight or what!).

littleange_com
7th February 2007, 00:47
Couldn't ask people to pay would feel bad, don't think I'll manage to save enough points to take everyone

What are button holes? Those flowers?

Gizmos
7th February 2007, 08:34
Couldn't ask people to pay would feel bad, don't think I'll manage to save enough points to take everyone

What are button holes? Those flowers?

yes they are the groom should get one as part of the package and the bride a small bouquet (if your interested in doing it abroad I can try and find pictures of the stuff we got)

Maldives
7th February 2007, 09:56
Must admit the flowers I had were beautiful, I had a lovely bouquet & hubby had a button hole (included with package) we also had a bottle of champers, wedding cake and more lovely flowers as decoration, 36 photos (which we were able to chose out of about 150), we then added extra flowers & champers, one of my real good friends came with her hubby, son & daughter, so had the daughter as a bridesmaid, so bought her a little hand tied bouquet all really reasonable, nothing like the costs at home.. and my mate is also my hairdresser, so guess what she was doing!!! Also a video was taken, very good quality, so we had to buy it but it wasn't expensive, actually think we got bought that as a wedding present from my parents... you can make it traditional or whatever you want..

The peeps who came out withus treated it as their holiday for the year, they had two great weeks in the sun all inc plus a wedding to boot..... I think it cost adults about ?800 each. Both sets of parents came out, mate, her hubby & 2 kids, my brother (best man) and another real great mate...

God have I rambled on there...... sorry to bore you all...

littleange_com
7th February 2007, 11:57
Thanks for all your help guys :D think based on cost we probably wouldn't be able to afford it abroad - and not sure my mum would come as she doesn't like flying or the heat :( but I wont rule it out completely yet :) does sound kinda nice

Are these flowers and things really necessary? - seems a bit too traditional - and to be honest I don't like flowers too much anyway - thanks anyway Giz, don't mean to sound ungreatful :redface:

Can you wear anything you want these day? I'm not keep on wearing white either hehe

Ooh I'm sounding really fussy now lol

I don't know much about weddings at all, never really wanted to get married before like all my friends did, guess you've gotta meet the right person :D

Just want something simple, not too traditional and not much fuss really - just lots of love :D

Will let you guys know if it becomes more official at any point and you guys can help me being a wedding novice lol

Be nice to get something organised before we tell family too as I don't want anyone to interfere too much hehe

Maldives
7th February 2007, 17:46
That's why I did it abroad... didn't want interferance from either Mothers......

pumpkin
7th February 2007, 22:01
That's why I did it abroad... didn't want interferance from either Mothers......

I didn't do it abroad (I've been married too long, wasn't really the done thing in 1989), but talking of the interfering mothers, well in my case mother in law-

nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, pleased her. Some of her complaints included : the cake was the wrong shape -we had round tiers she thought they should be square. She didn't like the wedding china. She didn't like the favours. She thought I should have had one of her relatives as a flower girl.

But the piece de resistance - the Church where we got married, where I had attended regularly since I was a child, had 2 aisles, one at each side, so we went down one and back up the other, and she thought we should really get married in a church with a centre aisle!!

So I would say to anyone who can avoid an interfering mother/ MIL, DO SO!!

Gizmos
7th February 2007, 22:02
So I would say to anyone who can avoid an interfering mother/ MIL, DO SO!!

very true - one of the reasons we did "it" abroad - Odie won't mind me saying but the MIL is a nightmare - we've practically "disowned" her

littleange_com
7th February 2007, 22:57
I don't really think anyone would interfere in our families - I get on quite well with Dell's mum - but think she'd prefer the whole big white wedding thing.

Don't think I can get married in a church anyway, not been chistened - glad my parents made that choice :D

I'm sure Dell's mum wouldn't say no to a trip to Barbados thou either :D

Think she'd also like some grandkids, but don't think I'm the mothering type

johncoote69
11th February 2007, 12:51
Or am I just being blind, can't see any on the website?

Defo - try a BIG city centre showroom such as the one at Birminghams Bullring - hit and miss at smaller shops and limited items - but they can order in for you if you know what you want, or ask them to get you a selection at a certain price level.

mummyno4
11th February 2007, 21:06
I am getting my wedding rings from here too have been saving my point from last quarter I have about ?300 in vouchers. Went in store and they have a wide selsction although website has next to nothing.

They did say they will not do any discount if using vouchers, even if you add cash to the sale.

Although I need to bump my points this quarter, as OH has been made :( redundant to now

Hope this helps

Pearls
11th February 2007, 21:47
Little Ange - you must just do what feels right for you - I had a traditional wedding - like Pumpkin, I've been married for ever (1985) - but we couldn't afford a huge 'do' and did what felt right for us - I remember people were horrified when I said I wasn't having bridesmaids! If Leeds Town Hall feels right then that is what IS right - you can have a wonderful reception wherever you choose - as long as the people you want to be there are there - whether that is at home, in a restaurant or somewhere swish. The most important thing is always that you want to do it, and that at the end of the day it was special for you.

littleange_com
11th February 2007, 21:58
Thanks Pearls,

I was just thinking a small ceremony at Leeds Town Hall and then back to our house for some drinks/food :)

There's even webcams at the Town Hall so you could all get a virtual invite lol

suziq
11th February 2007, 22:20
lol, do it ure way ang!
i had a sit down chinese meal, open house at me mums then a live band and rock dj, pizza and ice cream!
fun day!

suziq
11th February 2007, 22:21
leeds town hall is a lovely setting! jammy thing! u cud pose with the lions!

littleange_com
11th February 2007, 22:24
A live band sounds good :)

Angel
12th February 2007, 08:42
Thanks Pearls,

I was just thinking a small ceremony at Leeds Town Hall and then back to our house for some drinks/food :)

There's even webcams at the Town Hall so you could all get a virtual invite lol

If that is what you and your partner want to do, then that is the thing to do!

sean1964uk
19th February 2007, 20:24
on the deals page it says ?200 minimum spend. does this mean if i had ?300 in vouchers could i only use ?100 of them and stump up ?200 or just use ?200 in vouchers and pay nothing in cash. am new to this game but learning slow but sure!

bubbler
19th February 2007, 20:28
No, I think it means that the item you are buying has to be ?200 or over and you could pay all in vouchers.

I am sure someone will be along who has used them who can clarify 100%

NatsDad
19th February 2007, 20:29
No it means the item(s) you want to buy must be a minimum of ?200 before you can use vouchers.

johncoote69
19th February 2007, 20:36
It means the item you buy must cost ?200 or above - and their stuff is top gear so ?200 is easily done. Go for IT!

sean1964uk
19th February 2007, 20:52
so a ?300 watch ?300 in vouchers no cash to pay?

NatsDad
19th February 2007, 20:54

Spot on! Only thing is that even if an item is on sale, you must pay the full price.

Gizmos
19th February 2007, 20:55

correct - think you could even get yourself a Rolex at ?15,000 and not pay a penny

Raffles
19th February 2007, 21:26
Loads of Rolex's available for under ?3k, no need to aim so high!

Canary Wharf Goldsmith's has a decent selection. In general, the London branches seem to carry more high-end stuff than the regions. I assume that demand for the ?995 Dunhill cufflinks currently on offer in the Canary Wharf branch would be slightly lower in Sheffield, for example.

deekmcc
19th February 2007, 22:03
Used over ?1500 worth 2 weeks ago & managed to get one item at sale price as well , because we bought as much i think & we never paid a penny.

nettie_b
19th February 2007, 22:54
:eek: am really shocked as last year i bought a pink purse photo frame thingie for my neighbours 70th birthday - it was ?10 and they took a voucher!!

Ilovepoints
19th February 2007, 23:06
:eek: am really shocked as last year i bought a pink purse photo frame thingie for my neighbours 70th birthday - it was ?10 and they took a voucher!!

The ?200 minimum spend is a relatively new thing. I bought a few things last year well under the ?200 threshold. :mad:

Happy Shopper
16th March 2007, 00:30
Yay i used my first clubcard deal token at Goldsmiths.:cheer2:
Luckily for me the sales assistant gave me a ?5 credit note when the rules say they cant give any change back.

I have decided to save for another more expensive watch.
Does any1 know when u send for your at the Tesco site can u use vouchers obtained by other family members
with the same surname to contribute towards it.

It say:
'Deal Tokens may only be used by the Clubcard Holder (whose name is printed on the tokens)
ie they may not be given as gifts or combined with someone else's Tokens'.

But when i received the deals using my mums points they only had a surname printed.
Do you reckon it be possible to combine them with another accounts points with same surname.

suziq
16th March 2007, 07:47
definately! :) and well done!

GertrudePerkins
17th March 2007, 00:40
But when i received the deals using my mums points they only had a surname printed.
Do you reckon it be possible to combine them with another accounts points with same surname.

No problems. I've just done the same to get an Omega Seamaster. I was ?25 short, and couldn't face the 3 month wait, so accepted the deals from my mum (bless her)

No one at Goldsmiths batted an eyelid that I was using deals from two sources.

john2303
28th March 2007, 12:25
I have 3 accts with the same surname and I got ?1100 in Goldsmith's vouchers. I have spent ?700 on a new Tag and I have still got ?400 left to spend. I dont know what to do with these and was wondering if I could return the unused vouchers and get them credited back to my acct. The problem is that I dont know which vouchers are for what acct (if that makes sense!!)

colman
28th March 2007, 12:42
yeah they will take them back, just quote your c/c number on the letter and they will put them back on that one.

You need to send them back to Tesco Freetime but i can't find the address at the moment...

Maldives
28th March 2007, 14:17
Not sure if you can use the Goldsmiths vouchers on another deal without changing them... sure someone will know...

ukdrummajor
4th May 2007, 20:24
Hi all,

Is it poss to buy a ?200 gift card from goldsmiths using deals tokens?

I ask because i want to buy a watch BUT i`d like to get the 12% from quidco as well and you can pay by giftcard on goldsmiths site.

Anyone done this?

moonriver
4th May 2007, 20:35
Hi all,

Is it poss to buy a ?200 gift card from goldsmiths using deals tokens?

I ask because i want to buy a watch BUT i`d like to get the 12% from quidco as well and you can pay by giftcard on goldsmiths site.

Anyone done this?

that's a good question don't know what the answer is. You could always ring them.

ukdrummajor
4th May 2007, 20:39
prob will tomorrow. Thanks

Jules_2005
4th May 2007, 21:36
It says on the Goldsmiths PDF file on the Deals website

Use your Deal Token(s) to purchase watches or jewellery at Goldsmiths stores.
Deal Token(s) cannot be used in conjunction with sale items, any other special offer, scheme or promotion, and cannot be exchanged in whole or part for cash

I would take that to mean that you can't buy giftcards

clockwatcher
4th May 2007, 21:42
I don't know for certain, but I'd say almost certainly not. That seems to be the implication in the T&Cs, at any rate:

Use your Deal Token(s) to purchase watches or jewellery at Goldsmiths stores.

Deal Token(s) cannot be used in conjunction with sale items, any other special
offer, scheme or promotion, and cannot be exchanged in whole or part for
cash.

BUT it doesn't cost you anything to ask!

clockwatcher
4th May 2007, 21:43
Was busy cutting and pasting while you were posting, Jules!

baffled
4th May 2007, 21:45
Yes, but, as U can only use a 'smiths giftcard at 'smiths.......

[By extention]....

.................... to buy 'watches or jewellery'.

Baff..

rainbow
4th May 2007, 22:00
Having never looked at Goldsmith's before, how do you go about buying from them with deals if you don't have a shop near you? ie - do you convert the vouchers to deals then order by post on some sort of order form?

baffled
4th May 2007, 22:08
Having never looked at Goldsmith's before, how do you go about buying from them with deals if you don't have a shop near you? ie - do you convert the vouchers to deals then order by post on some sort of order form?

Hi,

Dunno yet, only really started exploring/investigating 'smiths today after following the chat regarding the exit of MFI from the scheme.

Rgds.,

B..

rainbow
4th May 2007, 22:20
Me too, baffled. There's some lovely stuff on there, I can feel a Christmas shop coming on........just dono how!

baffled
4th May 2007, 22:34
Me too, baffled. There's some lovely stuff on there, I can feel a Christmas shop coming on........just dono how!

Ah!

'Baubles, bangles and beads'?

Better;

A 'smiths card may carry a 'cash' value if 'tarted' on e-bay.......?

[ Dons 'Hoodie' & Exits, stage left].

B..

rainbow
4th May 2007, 22:41
Very shrewd thinking! :nod:

baffled
4th May 2007, 22:49
Very shrewd thinking! :nod:

However,

We haven't got there yet.

There's some probing and testing [as required by Euro. Reg. 2596b] to plod thru. yet!!

Best,

B..:)

Raffles
5th May 2007, 07:51
You won't get a gift card from them.

Gift cards usually sell on ebay for 90% of face value. That would mean you could turn ?250 of vouchers into a ?1k gift card then sell it for ?900. They don't want that to happen for obvious reasons.

Maverick
5th May 2007, 08:05
Rainbow, if you really want something via GSmiths, I have one locally, and Im sure we could work something out via courrier, IYSWIM.

maemaesmummy
17th May 2007, 20:52
Anybody tried with the gift cards yet.. we are looking at a ?1400 spend and would love to know if we could get the giftcard then buy via quidco...

;)

kikismummy
17th May 2007, 23:23
Anyone know if they can be used at the factory shopping, outlet shops?

maemaesmummy
18th May 2007, 06:37
No I read the terms cannot be used at Outlet shops or airport concessions.. but no mention of gift cards!

mrsm
18th May 2007, 07:08
I started reading this and was just about to say you need to chat to Baffled. :lol: but I see he's here a;ready We had a bit of a chat one night about trying to use deals for a gift card so I could maybe get a discount on my eternity ring. I said that as OH would love to be able to spend deals on a PS3 I feared I'd loose my gift card to ebay and he'd be :D with a PS3 from the cash, leaving me to wait another year for my sparklers

lissadell
18th May 2007, 10:47
Have I read somewhere of someone spending their deals vouchers in Goldsmiths then making a return which was refunded as a gift card ? Might be another possible route ??

princesskerry
2nd June 2007, 20:39
Hello

Had to let you all know got my belated birthday present today, a ?695 diamond necklace. It is absolutely gorgeous I am walking on air (until my son tries to pull it off). Went in planning on getting a ?200 necklace and earrings with my tesco vouchers but changed my mind when I saw this so had to go home and change all my other vouchers to cover the extra cost. I'm so grateful to everyone on here for all the extra information I have had only a few months ago I was getting ?27 at my clubcard statement now I'm getting ?160 and it can only get better. Hopefully I can have a few more treats and we can have a nice holiday next year even though it may only be Butlins!!!

Kerry xxx

zoot
2nd June 2007, 20:41
Well done on your new necklace you lucky thing!
Butlins is brill, just got back and it was fab. Boys loved it and DH is asking when we can go back!

Angel
2nd June 2007, 20:47
Well done Kerry :clap2:

dune
7th June 2007, 21:49
glodsmiths have a sale on up to 50% off plus quidco

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/sale.asp

Mardrew
8th June 2007, 00:25
Hello

Had to let you all know got my belated birthday present today, a ?695 diamond necklace. It is absolutely gorgeous I am walking on air (until my son tries to pull it off). Went in planning on getting a ?200 necklace and earrings with my tesco vouchers but changed my mind when I saw this so had to go home and change all my other vouchers to cover the extra cost. I'm so grateful to everyone on here for all the extra information I have had only a few months ago I was getting ?27 at my clubcard statement now I'm getting ?160 and it can only get better. Hopefully I can have a few more treats and we can have a nice holiday next year even though it may only be Butlins!!!

Kerry xxx

Oh, I wonder if it was the same one I treated myself to a few weeks ago (after many years of saving my points). I, too, was so chuffed and it was such a treat to me, because there is no way I would be able to afford/justify such a thing.

I would also like to offer my thanks for all the tips. My vouchers used to be only ?10 per quarter but this was my best quarter ever with ?76 - still small-fry in comparison to the many Tesco experts but I was thrilled to bits and hope to be able to do the same again this quarter and hopefully, treat myself again next quarter.

Kind regards

Mardrew

johncoote69
9th June 2007, 21:45
Something a member asked me and i didn't think we could - can we buy giftvouchers for Goldsmiths with our coverted deals vouchers rather than buying the jewellery itself? Has anybody done it or enquired?:o

Jules_2005
9th June 2007, 22:30
This thread may help you

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7493&highlight=goldsmiths

defgimp
10th June 2007, 00:20
I seem to think it varies depending on what the manager of the store is like :confused:

My local GS's is 40 miles away but is the only one we have used clubcard deals vouchers at so can't comment on them all.

This guy has said that he can't see a reason why he wouldn't let you use clubcard deals tokens to buy giftcards, the money is still going to GS's one way or another, whether you spend the tokens or someone else does in the form of giftcards :confused:

From the conversation I had with him (which was a few months ago now), I got the impression that he would be more willing to exchange tokens for giftcards if you were "saving up" for a bigger purchase, you know, "I'm saving for that ?5000 diamond you now stock but it's going to take me about 10 years and my tokens will expire before then, could I exchange them for giftcards periodically please"

We've just spent ?2000 of deals tokens on a ring, had we thought about it sooner then we might have asked in more depth about the giftcard/quidco route

postiepaula
10th June 2007, 10:44
if the gift card works then you would be able to spend them in airports..which are cheaper
worth booking a cheap flight for a bargain on a big purchase
just make sure the airport has the item you wish to purchase..

maemaesmummy
10th June 2007, 14:33
We have just spent ?1500 with them via deals (unfortunately the item wasnt available on-line so couldnt try the gift card/ Quidco route) BUT before we mentioned clubcard we negotiated a 14.5% discount of the price....

So all in all a good deal... worth bearing in mind...

Raffles
11th June 2007, 08:41
if the gift card works then you would be able to spend them in airports..which are cheaper
worth booking a cheap flight for a bargain on a big purchase
just make sure the airport has the item you wish to purchase..

Or indeed flog it on ebay for 90% of face value - so ?900 for every ?250 of deals tokens!

Art Vanderlay
11th June 2007, 09:12
We have just spent ?1500 with them via deals (unfortunately the item wasnt available on-line so couldnt try the gift card/ Quidco route) BUT before we mentioned clubcard we negotiated a 14.5% discount of the price....

So all in all a good deal... worth bearing in mind...

Quite a result. I have thought of doing that, but I always assumed they would refuse the discount once you got out the deals tokens, as they specifically say something in the T&Cs about no discounted/sale items

So nice one :)

barafear799
11th June 2007, 09:28
negotiated a 14.5% discount instore on the price of jewellry???

Hmmm - didn't know that high street jewellers were like that!!!!

I want to get a cheap (well cheap by Goldsmith's standards!!!!) watch - ?99.99 @GS -

I did a search on net to find anywhere selling it cheaper - and most "reputable" sellers were selling at 99.99 - I did find one @ 90.00.

However, when I checked ebay, there was a "shop seller" selling them - and they all seemed to be going for between 58-65 (+8 in p&p) -

That makes me think I am not getting such a hot deal with my GS vouchers!!

But if I could negotiate a discount???

How about this scenario:

I was thinking of changing up ?300 -

going to GS, buying my ?100 watch, buying ?100 piece of jewellry for my GF, and then asking for ?100 giftcard for mum - because she is so fussy/difficult to buy for - and we have a little goldsmiths near us - and that'd make a lovely day out for her birthday???? will it work??

Then sell on ebay - and get back ?85 (after fees!!!):rolleyes:

maemaesmummy
11th June 2007, 11:37
No I was surprised to... DH did initially ask for 25% and SA nearly choked!!! I guess a sale is a sale!!! Also we got a brochure direct from the manufacturer which had a RRP of ?1505 in the price list wheras Goldsmith had it at ?1535 so whipped out the brochure and they honoured the RRp too..... Deffo worth the research before buying.

johncoote69
11th June 2007, 21:55
ok - I ASKED ABOUT GIFT VOUCHERS AND DISCOUNTS ON PREV THREAD - HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY IN GOLDSMITHS BIRMINGHAM BULL RING. I asked to buy 2 x watches rrp ?650 each and asked for a ?100 off (easily achievable with cash - fact - indeed i'd normally go for 15%) - the woman was up for it until i told her how i was paying - NO DISCOUNTS ON CC. I then pursued if i could buy a giftcard for the same amount - NOPE - but what if the presents weren't liked i asked.... you rteturn them and we hold the funds on deposit for you HERE at this store she advised after a huddle with her manager. So - i bought one watch - ?650 - would have got it for at most ?585 for cash - still a great deal when you work it REALLY cost ?162.50 in points eh? There is in my experience NO BETTER way to buy the items you want. It's worth getting cosy with the staff - i normally shop closer to home, a smaller shop, but they order in what you want from bigger shops. So - i hope that helps - i can't see as it really is any skin off THEIR noses to discount - so any Mr Ts out there - get stuck in - i can recomend the Birmingham shop for sheer range - Cartier, Tag, you name it bar Rolex.:frog:

mrsm
11th June 2007, 22:00
thanks for that. did you notice if they had much of a range in eternity rings?

johncoote69
11th June 2007, 22:06
They have a fiar range - what i always do is ring them up in advance, give them a rough idea of what you are after and ask them to get a range on for you - better if specify level of gold or platinum you want. Good jeweller for high street - but if you want a REAL bargain - go to the Jewellery Quarter in Brum - got my gals engagement ring there - MUCH better than anything in town and hammered them down on price - your nearest store can order in anything from bigger stores, or you can have your own design/mount/stone thing done (it;s a rip off though in comparrison to the above, which is where they send them to anyway). Hope it helps.:cool:

NinaB
11th June 2007, 22:10
If you don't see anything you like, try asking if they'll custom make something for you. I had a lovely pair of earrings made to my own design from Goldsmiths, and they happily accepted my Tesco deals vouchers.

defgimp
12th June 2007, 10:38
Goldsmiths range seems to have got much better in Lincoln lately.

We had a ring from them a few months ago now (it wasn't actually in stock we had to wait for them to obtain it from another branch, saw it on the website first) and the top end of the items in stock was between ?2000-?2500. We called in last week when we were last there and they now have items in excess of ?5500!

That's going to take ages to save up for! Don't know if it's down to an increase in business due to CC vouchers?

mrsm
12th June 2007, 10:41
thanks for the info. Would love to go to the jewelery quarter but no spare cash. Hence saving deals for goldsmiths (I was meant to get the ring when DD1 was born) she's 3.5 now. Still my fault for having another 2 since then :lol:

Thanks for the tip Nina, I didn't know they did that

princesskerry
12th June 2007, 11:22
I'm the same as you been married two years now, already gave my husband one son and about to give him another and no eternity ring in site!!!! Does he not know that is the way to my heart.

Before I left work full time to have my 14 month old I worked for an independant jewellers and I have to say that I think Goldsmiths have bumped the prices up a wee bit since coming into the Tesco Scheme. Obviously for the named makes they cant do this but for general gold and diamond pieces they can be a tad on the expensive side for a large multiple. It's not like you are getting anything original for your money, but saying that i recently got my diamond necklace from there with my vouchers and it was well worth it would have been ?695 cash wouldn't have paid that but with vouchers it was a bargain.

But still for my eternity ring I want something a bit more unusual that you are only going to find in independants or the more expensive stores, would love a Marquise Diamond ring with two pear cuts on the shoulders to be precise, but beggars cant be choosers.....

Kerry

mrsm
12th June 2007, 11:32
I'm the same as you been married two years now, already gave my husband one son and about to give him another and no eternity ring in site!!!! Does he not know that is the way to my heart.

Before I left work full time to have my 14 month old I worked for an independant jewellers and I have to say that I think Goldsmiths have bumped the prices up a wee bit since coming into the Tesco Scheme. Obviously for the named makes they cant do this but for general gold and diamond pieces they can be a tad on the expensive side for a large multiple. It's not like you are getting anything original for your money, but saying that i recently got my diamond necklace from there with my vouchers and it was well worth it would have been ?695 cash wouldn't have paid that but with vouchers it was a bargain.

But still for my eternity ring I want something a bit more unusual that you are only going to find in independants or the more expensive stores, would love a Marquise Diamond ring with two pear cuts on the shoulders to be precise, but beggars cant be choosers.....

Kerry

My engagement ring came from Hatton GArden 3 gorgeous diamonds and has the millenium hallmark. It still makes me smile everyday.
We were going to get the eternity ring for our 1st wedding anniversary. I didn't realise I'd get pregnant so soon after the wedding. DD1 was born 2 weeks before our anniversary.
I was still waiting for the fat fingers to g down when I got pregnant with no2. By the time I was pregnant with dd3 I knew I wouldnt be going back to work and although OH said he'd find the money for my ring I would rather spend it on the girls and be being home with them.

When I realised I could get a free one from MR T I found this site, set myself a target of ?1000 in deals (had a few vouchers already) and started saving. Last quarter I exceeded my target so have ?1300 to spend and OH will add to it if needed.

Your ring is on my wish list too;)

Trubster
12th June 2007, 13:00
I could always (Accidentally) drom my mystery shopping paperwork whilst asking :-D lol, I normally MS them but I am thinking of getting some jewlery, always good service and great items in.

NinaB
25th June 2007, 22:54
Hi Floosy, I'd think they'd be willing if you asked them. They had a pair of lovely earrings made for me to my own design, paid for entirely by Clubcard Deals and were very helpful. I had to pay a deposit of course (in deals vouchers) but they were very good.

headboard
26th June 2007, 11:37
Right I know exactly what Im after yet online, Goldsmiths do not appear to stock it! Although they stock the brand of watch which is *citizen*, what im after is a Citizen TITANIUM Aqualand II Divers Watch JP1030 02L RRP 349

Question is.... Does anyone know if goldsmiths would order in such an item? Have you ever had to order in anything that Goldsmiths does not stock?

Hello Floosy. I bought a watch from Goldsmiths last week which they didn't stock. They ordered it in for me no problems. it was the Goldsmiths in Meadowhall. Very similar watch to what you are after , a Citizen Eco power divers watch. It's brill!!!! I've never paid over ?30 for a watch before, but i feel as I have got this one for free!!!

oasisfever
26th June 2007, 16:37
Just to bump this thread,

Went into Goldsmiths today and mentioned that if I wanted to purchase a item for example at ?1000, but only had ?500 in CC vouchers, could these go onto a Gift Card until I managed to 'raise' the remainder via CC.

The initial answer was no, we don't issue Gift Cards for CC vouchers, however when I prompted the SA and said, what if I purchased a item for ?500, and as it happened turned out unsuitable, what would happen.

The answer is you would receive a credit note/voucher, which the SA added doesn't have a expiry date on it (but I didn't tell you this - his words).

This is useful for two points.

1. Your CC pts are coming to the end of the two year shelf life and you haven't raised enough for that big Goldsmith purchase. As long as you can at least get ?125 CC pts (?500 spend min required). Make a purchase and then take the item back a few days later. That then reserves that amount on a credit note/voucher.

Or.

2. Complete action 1, and then choose to sell your credit note on ebay, etc. for 85-90% face value.

Summary Example,

CC points 12500 = ?125 exchanged for ?500 Goldsmiths tokens.
Purchase a ?500 item in Goldsmiths.
Return said item a few days later with reason not suitable.
Receive credit note/voucher for ?500 with no expiry date.
Sell ?500 credit note/voucher for 85% face value.
Receive ?400 (after auction fees, etc.)
Result ?400 cash for ?125 CC points, which were obtained free in first place.
Profit ?275 hard cash or ?400 if you take CC pts as free.

postiepaula
26th June 2007, 17:28
Just to bump this thread,

Went into Goldsmiths today and mentioned that if I wanted to purchase a item for example at ?1000, but only had ?500 in CC vouchers, could these go onto a Gift Card until I managed to 'raise' the remainder via CC.

The initial answer was no, we don't issue Gift Cards for CC vouchers, however when I prompted the SA and said, what if I purchased a item for ?500, and as it happened turned out unsuitable, what would happen.

The answer is you would receive a credit note/voucher, which the SA added doesn't have a expiry date on it (but I didn't tell you this - his words).

This is useful for two points.

1. Your CC pts are coming to the end of the two year shelf life and you haven't raised enough for that big Goldsmith purchase. As long as you can at least get ?125 CC pts (?500 spend min required). Make a purchase and then take the item back a few days later. That then reserves that amount on a credit note/voucher.

Or.

2. Complete action 1, and then choose to sell your credit note on ebay, etc. for 85-90% face value.

Summary Example,

CC points 12500 = ?125 exchanged for ?500 Goldsmiths tokens.
Purchase a ?500 item in Goldsmiths.
Return said item a few days later with reason not suitable.
Receive credit note/voucher for ?500 with no expiry date.
Sell ?500 credit note/voucher for 85% face value.
Receive ?400 (after auction fees, etc.)
Result ?400 cash for ?125 CC points, which were obtained free in first place.
Profit ?275 hard cash or ?400 if you take CC pts as free.
or if you have a gift card then you can 'haggle' a better price, or buy a sale item

minnehoma
30th June 2007, 11:27
Hi, could anybody tell me if I order Goldsmiths vouchers, do they come with my name on? If so, can anybody use them?
thanks in advance,
Minnehoma

deanmack
30th June 2007, 11:29
they come with your surname on it. whether anyone can use them will really depend on which store you go to. they might want to check if its you or not.

minnehoma
30th June 2007, 11:36
Thankyou deanmack for your swift reply. I wanted to give some to my sister & mum to go and buy themselves something. I may ring up a store and ask,

Minnehoma.

deanmack
30th June 2007, 11:42
no harm in calling up.

nettie_b
30th June 2007, 11:46
Just noticed the total spend is ?200 I thought last year it went up to ?500 - maybe a xmas thing!

Mite now treat myself to some jewellry for my 40th - in 2 weeks!!!!!

johncoote69
30th June 2007, 18:35
Hi all - just a quicky - DON'T window shop at Goldsmiths at the great redections in their sale. Why? I have been told in no uncertain terms that deals vouchers are not acceptable on sale items. Now i haven't had the gumption to call customer service, but it feels like we are being discriminated against. The price is the price right? Also will not discount (as i've said before) on stock items - i wanted 2 watches - negotiated 10% at drop of a hat (can get as much as 15% midweek) and then asked how paying - no way with deals. So there you go - i've got time to drop this line, but does anybody on here check these things with Tesco Customer Service - such a shame as some lovely items with big discounts from last season collections. It didn't bother mfi - and they ALWAYS have a sale on - maybe that's why they are going under..? LOL. Anyway - my claim to fame - the guy from Britain's Got Talent - the guy with the affro who was a wicked solo dancer? He served me in Goldsmiths Bull Ring today - didn't recognise him stood still, and was gutted he didn't bust some moves when he went to find the box for my product - LOL. Can the moderators check this thing out on a serious note?:mad2:

ninja_ang
30th June 2007, 18:38
Funnily enough I was going to post the same thing, went to Goldsmiths today to buy my sister a birthday present and was told the same thing. The problem is that with the current sale most of their products are reduced!
xxx

Raffles
30th June 2007, 18:46
The same rules apply to almost everything else you can buy with deals, especially holidays. (Its very easy to get 10% off a brochure holiday by one or more combos of booking direct / online / via Quidco). Even MFI officially had this policy, although there were heading towards bankruptcy so quickly they ignored it in an attempt to grab every penny they could.

Goldsmiths loses a fortune when you pay for something in full with Deals. Its unlikely Tesco pays them more than face value, and whilst jewellery mark-ups are big they are not that big!

kayw
30th June 2007, 19:00
I was disappointed with this last year, but it is in the small print, and I guess it is like only being able to book hotels at broucher price and not get any special offers. I still think it is worth doing, I am looking forward to a nice diamond necklace soon. My first purchases though where earings, on 2 separate occaisions, each about ?40 - with vouchers left over from what I from MFI - so the minimum spend has been appled since

minnehoma
30th June 2007, 23:04
I never even thought about the minimum spend. Maybe I will just give some to my mum and the rest for me:)

Eccle
30th June 2007, 23:48
Minimum spend is ?200 according to the current info on the Deals website.

minnehoma
1st July 2007, 11:58
Thanks for that, I will go next week with my mum to see what we want.

oasisfever
1st July 2007, 13:49
Or buy a non sale item in full with CC tokens, wait a week, take the item back for a credit note/vouchers.

Then return a few days later, neg a discount on sale stock and present your credit note/voucher, which will have no bearings/links to the original purchase being a CC token purchase.

Thus you get the sale item you want using tokens in a roundabout way.

jen
1st July 2007, 14:12
Brilliant idea, have you done this?

johncoote69
1st July 2007, 14:21
Brilliant idea, have you done this?

It's not possible o do it - they know you paid with deals and won't give you credit note etc - just as you don't get change either. It's defo worth buying at full price though - i have my eye on yet another Tag Heuer item.....

oasisfever
2nd July 2007, 09:27
It's not possible o do it - they know you paid with deals and won't give you credit note etc - just as you don't get change either. It's defo worth buying at full price though - i have my eye on yet another Tag Heuer item.....

Is that from experience or purely guessing?

Their T&Cs state "If you make a purchase in one of our 160 stores the returns policy is 14 days. Please refer to your receipt in event of a return. This does not affect your statutory rights."

Unless there is a separate T&Cs on the actual receipt then the same rule applies to each & every purchase.

When I went into GS and asked if I bought a item with tokens and then returned within 14 days, what would happen. The SA explained if faulty then a refund or replacement would be issued. If for a change of mind and within 14 days of purchase a credit note would be issued. The SA added, that their credit notes have no expiry date.

The other alternative is find a watch that has a good resale value on eBay, purchase using only tokens at GS, and sell on eBay for cash.

Example

?125 CC pts = ?500 GS tokens.
Buy ?500 TAG watch (or other make).
Sell on eBay and receive after fees ?400
Use the ?400 cash to buy from anywhere, or just keep the hard cash.

RainyDayBox
2nd July 2007, 09:35
I am currently furious with Goldsmiths. Got something from there with the last lot of vouchers, waiting for it to be re-sized and now told it cannot be done, has been discontinued BUT I cannot swap for something else or have vouchers back as the refund has to go onto my clubcard which they say can take 7 weeks and therefore I will not get them back for next months statement even!
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

princesskerry
2nd July 2007, 13:00
I was under the impression too that if you returned an item your points were refunded back onto your card. I think it looks like it varies from store to store. My nearest Goldsmiths is an hours drive away so too far to check again.
I am currently looking at my v expensive diamoned necklace, bought from goldsmiths with Tesco vouchers which is now a month old. Lovely!!!!

RainyDayBox
2nd July 2007, 14:16
they have refused to refund it so far which irritates me highly as I have no item and no refund. I'd be happy if they even refunded the points back to my card.

petedenyer
2nd July 2007, 17:09
got a watch for a present paid ?400 in deals and explained that i did not know if it would be liked so was given a gift recipt and told that it could be taken to any goldsmiths with the watch and exchanged for anything . it was the G/S in basingstoke

britpjr
2nd July 2007, 20:40
Hi all - just a quicky - DON'T window shop at Goldsmiths at the great redections in their sale. Why? I have been told in no uncertain terms that deals vouchers are not acceptable on sale items. Now i haven't had the gumption to call customer service, but it feels like we are being discriminated against. The price is the price right? Also will not discount (as i've said before) on stock items - i wanted 2 watches - negotiated 10% at drop of a hat (can get as much as 15% midweek) and then asked how paying - no way with deals. So there you go - i've got time to drop this line, but does anybody on here check these things with Tesco Customer Service - such a shame as some lovely items with big discounts from last season collections. It didn't bother mfi - and they ALWAYS have a sale on - maybe that's why they are going under..? LOL. Anyway - my claim to fame - the guy from Britain's Got Talent - the guy with the affro who was a wicked solo dancer? He served me in Goldsmiths Bull Ring today - didn't recognise him stood still, and was gutted he didn't bust some moves when he went to find the box for my product - LOL. Can the moderators check this thing out on a serious note?:mad2:

I asked the same question in the Bristol Shop & was told I could use my Tesco vouchers on what they'd reduced, nothing I fancied in the sale though. Guess it depends who the sales person is. I bought a nice watch for my Wife there at Xmas, ?500, using C.Card vouchers I'd bought off a mate at face value & they were ok with this, even managed to get my name on the gaurentee even though there name was on the vouchers. :)

nettie_b
3rd July 2007, 00:40
I asked the same question in the Bristol Shop & was told I could use my Tesco vouchers on what they'd reduced, nothing I fancied in the sale though. Guess it depends who the sales person is. I bought a nice watch for my Wife there at Xmas, ?500, using C.Card vouchers I'd bought off a mate at face value & they were ok with this, even managed to get my name on the gaurentee even though there name was on the vouchers. :)

think you got lucky there with a good store.

la60
3rd July 2007, 09:53
think you got lucky there with a good store.

....she says as we as we all rush to Bristol Goldsmiths;)

princesskerry
3rd July 2007, 21:33
I dont really need an excuse to go, I got my necklace from Cribbs causeway, over an hour and a halfs drive away. I wish we had a Goldsmiths more local LA60.

postiepaula
19th July 2007, 13:49
hi i noticed that you get 12% on quidco for goldsmiths online if i'm using deals can i order on line and pay with the deals vouchers?

deanmack
19th July 2007, 13:54
No! I think this has been mentioned before. you have to use the vouchers in store.

postiepaula
19th July 2007, 14:08
that told me!

wallsendmag
19th July 2007, 21:10
Good bargaining tool though

princessa
1st August 2007, 14:02
Hello!

I'm collecting my points to swap for Goldsmiths vouchers, so I can buy my wedding rings. The only thing is, I'm not really keen on any that they have at the moment. I'm not just going to buy them from there cause of the vouchers, obviously I want something I'd like. But I've heard people mentioning that Goldsmiths can make jewellery for you? Is this right? And if so, can you pay for this with deals or not? It's no big loss, if I can't get my rinds from there I can get presents and the jewellery from there, but just wanted to check what my options are.

Hummer
1st August 2007, 14:25
You need to go in store and tell them to get you in something like what you want.

If its still not right they can alter them for you.

princessa
1st August 2007, 14:56
Thanks. So they can order other stuff in?

Hummer
1st August 2007, 14:58
Thanks. So they can order other stuff in?

Yes they do, if you find something at another jewlers chances are they can get you the same item.

clockwatcher
4th August 2007, 22:34
I've been thinking of getting myself a new watch, and looking at the Goldsmiths website, with a view to paying with Deals. Slight problem is, I don't really know anything about watches. I've spotted a few that I quite like, but I've no idea how reliable or long-lasting they'll be. The ones I might be interested in are made by Accurist, Rotary, Tissot and Seiko. Can anyone comment on these brands? I want something reliable and long-lasting, fairly plain and sensible for everyday wear, and I'm not really into designer names.

Also, can you still get watches that you have to wind up?

minniem
5th August 2007, 07:36
I don't think you can get watches to wind up anymore, not that I know of. Clockwatcher, I think all of the brands you have mentioned are recognised and good brand names. I don't think that you would have a problem with any of them. I think Rotary and Tissot would be the more expensive two out of them. They should all be long lasting though.

DebbieE
5th August 2007, 08:43
Tissot are def a good brand got my DH one as a wedding present - not flashy - he loved it & still going strong 7 years on

clockwatcher
5th August 2007, 16:59
Thanks. I've got DH's go-ahead to buy myself a new watch. He says that given the rate I go through leather straps for the one i currently wear, it's probably cheaper in the long run to get a more expensive one with a bracelet.

HELLO_KITTY
5th August 2007, 17:33
Tissot are def a good brand got my DH one as a wedding present - not flashy - he loved it & still going strong 7 years on

my partner got a nice tissot watch with my deals tokens, it is realy nice and really light

just a shame he never bloomin wears it, i went in to buy some earrings and he convinced me he really wanted a watch...so i said ok...

Raffles
5th August 2007, 18:35
As the saying goes, once you pay more than ?10 for a watch you are beyond the benefits of functionality and purely into fashion / branding / pointless bits of technology which don't improve timekeeping.

Remember that the most expensive watches still need to be hand wound and keep terrible time if you forget ....

Dominic
6th August 2007, 10:07
As the saying goes, once you pay more than ?10 for a watch you are beyond the benefits of functionality and purely into fashion / branding / pointless bits of technology which don't improve timekeeping.

Remember that the most expensive watches still need to be hand wound and keep terrible time if you forget ....

Hmmm, I'm not into 'brands' as such but some of the technology can improve timekeeping, eg the 'WaveCeptor' Casio watches that update with the atomic clock thingy each day. I have one which I am well chuffed with

Dom

john2303
6th August 2007, 15:04
i got a great Tag Indy 500 watch with my deals vouchers - really pleased with it.

glorious
6th August 2007, 15:25
sorry to hijack your thread clockwatcher just a quick q on Goldsmiths are the deals points transferable ie say ?100 in deals is the same as ?100 in Goldsmiths or do you have to pay extra?? IYSWIM

maemaesmummy
7th August 2007, 13:10
OH got a Breitling last quarter.. they ordered it in specially... its a self winding (no battery) its winds with the movement of your wrist:confused:

He loves it...

Dominic
7th August 2007, 14:38
sorry to hijack your thread clockwatcher just a quick q on Goldsmiths are the deals points transferable ie say ?100 in deals is the same as ?100 in Goldsmiths or do you have to pay extra?? IYSWIM

You pay shop prices but don't get any special clearance offers IIRC.

Dom

johncoote69
7th August 2007, 16:25
Hi - i buy a lot of watches - i find that the metal bracelets are far superior and if it's for a man then the Tag Heuer brand is superb - i've had them for years. They start at around the ?600 mark and you'll never need another. The F1 watches have ecome collectors items but are a bit showy - ladies Gucci Twirl is a beautiful thing for ?525, depends on budget and tetse i guess.:o

nickidavis
7th August 2007, 19:04
I bought both my son and daughter watches from goldsmiths using vouchers only and they were both Tag.
Staff were extreemly helpful and offered advice on one watch the vouchers came to ?2 more than the watch so they threw in cleaner and a few bits and bobs.
That was at golsmiths Milton Keynes.
Nicki

SuzyWoo
12th August 2007, 06:00
Please use the following template for your information:

Deal Sponsor:
Where:
When Visited:
Pros:
Cons:
Other things to note:
Link:

arthurp8
13th August 2007, 00:46
Right - I notice that in the T&C's for Goldsmiths it notes that your spend must be 200 pounds or more - now am I right to assume that this is total spend? (yes daft question).

OH wants a watch that is 165.00 - so I am assuming I can chuck in something else to teeter over 200 and then deals tokens the lot?

Also has anyone used deals vouchers for anything really pricey from Goldsmiths? I'm liking the look of a Tag watch and am thinking of making that my next big save over the coming quarter (or two) - but its gonna cost around 1500 - so if its a no go I'll focus my efforts elsewhere :)

DaisyChain
13th August 2007, 07:54
Yes total spend - we bought 2 watches , one was ?100 and one ?195.

I know people have bought big ticket items but can't recall who

torianut
13th August 2007, 09:04
I am also saving for a TAG watch for my OH (it's the only way he will allow so many tesco shops!!!) so any advice or experiances would be much appreciated

Thanks xx

PhilCCFC
13th August 2007, 18:26
I went to a Goldsmiths on the Cheshire Oaks which is a franchaise and they said that you can only use them for full priced items or repairs, I'm not sure whether that stands for the High St Goldsmiths too.

charlottesmum
13th August 2007, 18:50
I bought two wedding rings last week - I had ?210 in vouchers and the rings came to ?195, and was told it had to come to over ?200. So I also bought some 9ct white gold cz stud earrings that were ?18, so I put ?3 towards them. I was told you can only buy full price items, not sale stuff.

maemaesmummy
13th August 2007, 20:08
DH got a watch last quarter a Breitling cost ?1650 used all vouchers and got a discount off the cost too!!

geegely
25th August 2007, 17:57
Deal Sponsor: Goldsmiths
Where: Bury St. Edmunds
When Visited: Aug 07
Pros: Lovely staff, no problem paying with deals
Cons: Can't use on sale stock
Other things to note:
Link:www.goldsmiths.co.uk

HELLO_KITTY
28th August 2007, 20:56
Deal Sponsor: goldsmiths
Where: milton keynes
When Visited: 2006
Pros: staff very good, no probs with using deals and lots of them
Cons: none
Other things to note: i spent about ?800 in one go, got a gorgeous wedding ring, which i could never have been able to afford using real money
Link:

Nasus
7th September 2007, 08:45
Hi

I am selling my clubcard vouchers this quarter (I know!!! But we really need the money!) and have a query form a potential customer. They would like to convert to Goldsmiths vouchers. I have only had hotels/ car hire/ meals out/ days out etc and not Goldsmiths so..............

Does the TESCO clubcard Goldsmiths vouchers have your name on?

Thanks in advance :)

marmaliser
7th September 2007, 08:47
They have surname on I am afraid

Maverick
7th September 2007, 08:54
But that wouldnt matter if they were not combing them with others, they wont ask for Id.

marmaliser
7th September 2007, 08:59
But that wouldnt matter if they were not combing them with others, they wont ask for Id.
Ahhh Good point Mav, brains and beauty ;)

Maverick
7th September 2007, 09:00
Why thank you ;)

Nasus
7th September 2007, 09:05
Thank you very much for replies!!!!

maemaesmummy
7th September 2007, 09:15
When we used ours they asked for our name and address for the receipt/guarentee...but if you were using the vouchers for a gift the name would be different anyway wouldnt it?
:):)

Nasus
7th September 2007, 11:52
When we used ours they asked for our name and address for the receipt/guarentee...but if you were using the vouchers for a gift the name would be different anyway wouldnt it?
:):)

Good point, I have wrote to the potential buyer saying they will have to check out that they can use them there and that they will be in my name and that no refunds given etc once changed over....

Thanks for the replies everybody!! :)

Ilovepoints
7th September 2007, 14:37
I have just returned from spending vouchers in Goldsmiths and due to some complcations spent quite a while in store speaking to the SA. Firstly yes they ask your name and postcode and type these into their computer, however they have no way of telling whether the name matches up with who should live at that address, therefore providing you are using only vouchers and cash you should be ok. I never asked if you would ever be asked for ID though:eek:....................sorry!! HTH

robgb
9th September 2007, 19:20
Does anyone know if you can use the deal tokens to pay for the insurance of a ring you have bought with them?

chipsdog
9th September 2007, 20:04
Right - I notice that in the T&C's for Goldsmiths it notes that your spend must be 200 pounds or more - now am I right to assume that this is total spend? (yes daft question).

OH wants a watch that is 165.00 - so I am assuming I can chuck in something else to teeter over 200 and then deals tokens the lot?

Also has anyone used deals vouchers for anything really pricey from Goldsmiths? I'm liking the look of a Tag watch and am thinking of making that my next big save over the coming quarter (or two) - but its gonna cost around 1500 - so if its a no go I'll focus my efforts elsewhere :)

I bought a Chanel watch (J12) from Goldsmiths it cost ?2,800, I used deal vouchers for ?2,100 and put the rest on my creditcard, no problem whatsovever, didn't ask to see a Clubcard, I would never have spent all that without Tesco Deals - many thanks to Mr T!

Grinder
9th September 2007, 21:00
Does anyone know if you can use the deal tokens to pay for the insurance of a ring you have bought with them?

I did in the Exeter store :)

bigbill
3rd October 2007, 00:42
Where: Norwich
When Visited: Sept 2007
Pros: Was going to allow us to use any S code voucher even ones without a name for restaurants etc.
Cons: Not much in stock
Other things to note: No problem taking vouchers
Link:

mrsdarts
6th October 2007, 15:44
hi not sure if this ir the right place to ask this but do goldsmiths vouchers have to be named?

mrsdarts
6th October 2007, 15:56
ah bum, saving for a honeymoon was hoping to sneak some rings in too but never mind!thanks very much floosy

Flo
6th October 2007, 16:14
If you're buying more than one ring couldn't you buy them separately using one name for each.

fairystix
6th October 2007, 16:52
Does anybody know if Goldsmith's do Pandora? Lot of Pandora fans in our family......nice presy's and can be added to........
:Present:

marmaliser
6th October 2007, 16:55
They were helpfull in store when we went in. The SA did ask how I got ?1500 of CC vouchers.. She wondered if we had been saving for ages so I said yes rather than "Nah thats just a quarters worth":D

aeu569v
6th October 2007, 17:00
hi not sure if this ir the right place to ask this but do goldsmiths vouchers have to be named?

Hi we had no problem buying a wedding ring with two peoples vouchers.

gunton10
6th October 2007, 18:13
so they ckeck id on these name on these vouchers?

also i have one with my initials and the other my dads can i used bothe the same time.

marmaliser
6th October 2007, 18:36
so they ckeck id on these name on these vouchers?

also i have one with my initials and the other my dads can i used bothe the same time.
Same surname should be fine, they don't ask for ID or anything

gunton10
6th October 2007, 19:28
so although they are non transferable if ya get ?200 worth you will be ok to use them?

ie purchase off ebay

marmaliser
6th October 2007, 19:30
Yep you should be OK just top up with cash to avoid any questions re names on credit cards

gunton10
6th October 2007, 19:59
i will keep that in mind. cheers

tyroleandancer
6th October 2007, 20:47
can you use virgin deals or do they have to be Goldsmith deals?
ta muchly :)

mrsdarts
7th October 2007, 11:25
brilliant info thanks all, i was thinking of buying from ebay then i thought about the dreaded i/d thing but i might try that now so thanks very much. you see i'm not as good at this points thng as most on here, i mean i'm happy with what i get it's all better than nothing but all the vouchers i get will still probably not pay my honeymoon in full so i can't really afford to use any for rings, so ebay here i come lol xxx

dheron82
7th October 2007, 15:45
Hi I've recently started saving points with the intention of saving enough to buy a watch from Goldsmiths.

Say for example I want a ?2000 watch, if I have 50,000 clubcard pts can I withdraw the ?2000 goldsmiths vouchers and just go buy the watch?

Cheers

EDIT: 2nd question, if my parents saved and withdrew vouchers for goldsmiths (so they had the same surname on), could I combine them with whatever I had?

marmaliser
7th October 2007, 17:12
Yes and Yes :)

dheron82
7th October 2007, 17:17
Thanks mate.

Would it make a difference if my parents vouchers were Mr/Mrs?

Gizmos
7th October 2007, 17:18
not really as you and the "wife" could be using them

eddy123
7th October 2007, 19:02
Fairy do as I do and email them they have been s helpful - I had a query about mont blanc pens and they are actually a stockist yet they don't display any of there products.

I ordered my pen from the full Mont Blanc catalogue and it was ready for collection 7 days later.
It was so much nicer than the standard available stock on display.

Everyone comments on how lovely my pen is. It cost ?250 in Deals vouchers. :)

pumpkin
7th October 2007, 20:21
Thanks mate.

Would it make a difference if my parents vouchers were Mr/Mrs?

The vouchers only have the surname on them, no Mr/Mrs and no initial :)

tyroleandancer
7th October 2007, 22:54
can I use my Virgin deals in Goldsmiths?
Thanks xx

dheron82
8th October 2007, 17:26
The vouchers only have the surname on them, no Mr/Mrs and no initial :)

That makes things easier :)

Is that just goldsmiths or all vouchers?

Shimmer
8th October 2007, 18:00
I ordered my pen from the full Mont Blanc catalogue and it was ready for collection 7 days later.
It was so much nicer than the standard available stock on display.

Everyone comments on how lovely my pen is. It cost ?250 in Deals vouchers. :)

How much! I'd be to scared to use it:)

Shimmer
8th October 2007, 18:09
They were helpfull in store when we went in. The SA did ask how I got ?1500 of CC vouchers.. She wondered if we had been saving for ages so I said yes rather than "Nah thats just a quarters worth":D

I've seen a really flash ring i want. If i went in with like a years worth is there any chance of them knowing there spread over several accounts & addresses (buying off family same name) Do they ever get suspicious & ring up to check. Is there someone out there who could confess to the most expensive item they've ever got in one hit at goldsmiths with vouchers.

marmaliser
8th October 2007, 18:26
I spent ?1500 a couple of weeks ago and they did not bat an eye lid:D

arabellasmummy
8th October 2007, 21:32
Where: Salisbury
When Visited: September 2007
Pros: Very helpful staff and I bought a beautiful white gold and diamond cross on a chain...been wanting a simple one for ages and was able to get the nicest one in the shop using ?665 Tesco deals.
Cons: None!
Other things to note:
Link:

Shimmer
9th October 2007, 12:21
Any higher bidders?

Art Vanderlay
9th October 2007, 14:16
Any higher bidders?

lol

I am saving up for an Omega Planet Ocean watch which is ?1875 - still got a long way to go though as I do not accumulate at anywhere near the rate some do, and it is likely to take me another year to get there (about half way there at the moment)

Shimmer
9th October 2007, 15:16
OMG I'd be to scared to wear it, I'd just admire it from time to time (hee hee ) in it's box. I'm saving for a flashy ring but i know it will never see light of day!

Shimmer
9th October 2007, 20:26
Is ?1500 really the most out of 12,000 PTS's spent in goldsmiths with deals in one hit? Come on TELL we will keep it a secret xx

postiepaula
10th October 2007, 16:00
i'm waiting for nov mailing so i can get hubby a ?2395 watch, have already been in to goldsmiths and they couldn't be nicer
asked if i could use 2 surnames and they said it wasn't a problem, even when i said it would be the whole amount, told them we have been saving for the 2 years;);)
(i've hijacked mums account so got a few in her surname)
hoping to get me a gucci twirl (?525) at the same time:)
it might be worth talking to the store you wish to buy from, (before buying from ebay!)
good luck

Shimmer
10th October 2007, 17:07
Wow postiepaula you must really like your husband, & next time i meet you, you might be worth mugging!

postiepaula
11th October 2007, 15:14
Wow postiepaula you must really like your husband, & next time i meet you, you might be worth mugging!

he's alright.....marks out of 10..i'd give him one ;) :p ;)

nic82
17th October 2007, 11:08
Where: Milton Keynes
When Visited: Dec 2006
Pros: Staff very friendly and accepted coupons no problem.
Cons: Can't think of any!
Other things to note: I used ?400 worth of vouchers (?100 in real money) off a ?2000 ring, so did still pay ?1600 (well, OH did!), so my experience is based on some vouchers, some cash.
Link: www.goldsmiths.co.uk

tyroleandancer
17th October 2007, 11:35
Where: Port Talbot
When Visited: October 2007
Pros: Staff wonderful, no problem paying in full with deals. Gave me gold and silver cleaning kits. made me aware that I could go back yearly for diamond check and free cleaning.
Cons: Non
Other things to note: The Port talbot Goldsmiths is in the shopping centre. It still has the name of the previous owners above the door. It is not clearly marked as Goldsmiths

EC23
17th October 2007, 16:48
Where: Bishopsgate
When Visited: Feb07
Pros: Fine, weren't surprised to see the vouchers though I felt a wee bit worried
Cons: None
Other things to note:
Link:

LittleMermaid
23rd October 2007, 10:09
Hi
does anyone know if you can use deals to buy giftcards at Goldsmiths, thought they'd make good Christmas Presents.
Thanks in advance.

la60
23rd October 2007, 17:06
No - i think you must buy goods. Members have tried before and failed:(

LittleMermaid
23rd October 2007, 21:19
Thank You!

Hummer
24th October 2007, 12:26
You can now get yourself a gift card at Goldsmiths, Kindof?

They now have a clubcard system in place at Goldsmiths and you can pay in any amount of vouchers over the counter for a receipt saying how much money you have.

To spend this you need the name and address you gave and the till receipt.

moonriver
24th October 2007, 13:19

They now have a clubcard system in place at Goldsmiths and you can pay in any amount of vouchers over the counter for a receipt saying how much money you have.

Sorry Hummer I don't understand what you mean.

Khufu
24th October 2007, 14:17

That's one way of looking at it!

Flo
24th October 2007, 19:16
Like a credit note.

debbiebee
25th October 2007, 20:56
can i use vouchers in my name and also in my mums name in teh same transaction? (different surname) thanks, debx

Salamander
25th October 2007, 21:31
Is ?1500 really the most out of 12,000 PTS's spent in goldsmiths with deals in one hit? Come on TELL we will keep it a secret xx

xxxxxx

Salamander
25th October 2007, 21:49
can i use vouchers in my name and also in my mums name in teh same transaction? (different surname) thanks, debx

xxxxxxx

debbiebee
25th October 2007, 22:00
no its just in my name and my mums - my mum only has ?20 cc vouchers so not enough to use on her own. i am getting a ring with my vouchers and want to know if i can get a bracelet with my mums vouchers at the same time...

Salamander
25th October 2007, 22:07
no its just in my name and my mums - my mum only has ?20 cc vouchers so not enough to use on her own. i am getting a ring with my vouchers and want to know if i can get a bracelet with my mums vouchers at the same time...

xxxxxxx.

debbiebee
25th October 2007, 22:12
thanks for teh advice - yes the ring is 600 and the bracelet is 70 so it will be over 200 total - that should be ok shouldnt it?

postiepaula
28th October 2007, 09:03
if you are up front with them and say there are 2 diferent names i'm sure there wouldn't be a problem, they have let me do this before...
just say...maiden name..or check before you buy any from ebay..
the staff at goldsmths are lovey...in all the ones i've been into (and i've been in a few!!!!!)
good luck

debbiebee
28th October 2007, 10:43
oooo yes - the other coupons are in my maiden name - thanks for that advice postiepaula:)

ednotdave
12th November 2007, 13:52
Where: Canterbury
When Visited: Nov 07
Pros: Great service, friendly staff
Cons: None!
Other things to note: Spent about ?800, everything was beautifully gift wrapped ready for Crimbo! Will definately use again...

DigitalLove
16th November 2007, 11:13
Where: Wakefield
When Visited: Nov 2007
Pros: Absolutely love staff. I was worried we'd be made to feel a bit 'lower class' paying with deals, but they were all polite, informative and very friendly
Other things to note: We bought our wedding rings and a watch with our deals vouchers and still had a small amount of vouchers left over. Try and make sure your total spend is pretty close to your total number of vouchers as you can't go back at a later date to spend ?20 worth of vouchers and Goldsmiths stock very litle jewellery at such a low price. We just changed our original purchases to a couple of rings that were a little more expensive.
Link: www.Goldsmiths.co.uk

wallsendmag
16th November 2007, 19:44
Where: Metrocentre
When Visited: 16/11/07
Pros: Great service no problems
Cons: No discount
Other things to note:
Link:

kerryokeefe
17th November 2007, 14:50
Where: Trafford Centre, Manchester
When Visited: Last week Nov 07
Pros: Very helpful staff and bought wife diamond ring, christmas pressies and watch for 18th birthday. ?2000 Tesco deal vouchers.

Other things to note: Initially, unsure which ring wife wanted, so only took ?1500 in vouchers, paid for all the other items, put remaider as deposit on ring - returned two weeks later with remainder. No problems

cte1111
20th November 2007, 19:30
Where: Trafford Centre
When Visited: 20th Nov
Pros: Very helpful salesman, good selection of pretty jewellery, no problems paying with vouchers
Cons: Bit expensive compared to online jewellers, but can't compare really
Other things to note: I used mostly Goldsmiths vouchers in my name, but also ?60 of un-named days out vouchers that I bought off ebay with no problems at all. They just added them up and put them through the till (or whatever they do with them).
Link:

mummyglass
21st November 2007, 16:31
Where: Cheltenham
When Visited: 21st November
Pros: Very helpful salesgirl, good selection for a small store, no problems paying with vouchers. Had to get some things ordered from other stores and was phoned before we got home to say all goods will be in by next Thursday.
Other things to note: I asked if it was ok to use vouchers in 2 different names as one was in Maiden name. Manager replied that this was no problem at all.

woodensteve
21st November 2007, 16:53
Product: Tag Heuer Aquaracer ?725
Where: Cribbs-Causeway Bristol
When Visited: 16th November
Pros: Very helpful assistant - had to adjust bracelet several times to fit.
Other things to note: All of my vouchers were issued with just my surname on.

Been saving Clubcard points for this for some time. I applied to Tesco and received the vouchers in 2 days. Really nice looking watch and presentation box great as well. I am very happy with it.

chipbeck
23rd November 2007, 14:02
ta
Oh can you explain it to my hubbie-he just does not get clucard vouchers and I want soo want a ring!

What's your number darling!

jenni
24th November 2007, 16:46
Where: Sutton Coldfield
When Visited: Today (Saturday 24th November)
Pros: Very good service. I wanted three different things and was able to give them a reference from the website and they pre ordered for me with no commitment to buy. Everything was gift wrapped and there was a fairly good choice in store. I had ?220 in named deals and the bill came to ?225 so was able to pay the last ?5 with an unnamed deal.
Cons: Could only get a gift receipt for all the items - so had to get three copies.
Other things to note: Worth looking online and calling in advance to order.
Link:

ukdrummajor
25th November 2007, 16:12
Where: Stockport
When Visited: 25th Nov
Pros: Amazing service.....PLUS i used ?230 worth of un-named deals vouchers.No questions asked.
Other things to note: i purchased "sterling insurance" there own guarantee service etc and paid for this with deals too

saucy77
26th November 2007, 17:42

Where: Lakeside (Upper)

When Visited: 24/11/2007

Pros: Excellent CS, couldn't of asked for a better service. Also able to buy warranty with deal vouchers.

Cons: Distance to store, as the 2 local one's didn't have the stock of the watch wanted.

Other things to note: Was served by the Manager, so don't know if that had anything to do with it, but he sent one of the SA's to the other store in complex to get the watch we wanted. Thanks heavens as OH was getting a bit ruffled after trying to get it for a week in our local Cambridge and Peterborough stores.

Irishsmurfy
26th November 2007, 17:58
Hi all

I'm feeling kind of gutted!! I just got back from Goldsmiths where I was browsing the selection - trying to make my mind up as to what to buy lol - never did manage it!!

However as I was talking to the shop assistant, he said to me that I'd better change up my vouchers soonish as Goldsmiths were leaving deals after January!! Now I hope he was only saying that to encourage me to buy sooner rather than later, but why would he say it if it wasn't true???

I really hope he's wrong but I wonder........................................

Maverick
26th November 2007, 18:03
That would be a shame, mind you I remember being told this some time ago and it didnt happen, would have thought if it was that soon, it would say on the website by now. As they have to provide notice.

Could just be sales tactics!

fairystix
26th November 2007, 18:08
Tescos will soon have nothing decent left to save for ......all we need are cosmos and virgin to throw in the towel and and all the hols'll be down the pan as well!! :eek-2:

shopsomemore
26th November 2007, 20:16
How much notice do they usually give???

Hummer
26th November 2007, 20:27
Tesco do sell almost the same exact jewelry now in most extra stores so I could see them not wanting Goldsmiths as a partner?

shopsomemore
26th November 2007, 20:43
And price/quality wise how is Tesco stuff?? Anyway I am after Lladro as a pressie which Tesco do not do.

Raffles
26th November 2007, 22:19
Gold is gold is gold ... An 18ct wedding band from Argos is the same, technically and obviously in looks, as one from Harrods ..... although your other half may have something to say if it came in an Argos box!

princesskerry
26th November 2007, 22:25
Gold is gold is gold ... An 18ct wedding band from Argos is the same, technically and obviously in looks, as one from Harrods ..... although your other half may have something to say if it came in an Argos box!

The differences are in the quality and finish of a wedding band in Argos and Harrods. Argos would be paper thin and designs would be limited whereas there would be a lot more work on pieces sold in Harrods. You will find that the majority of Argos rings have flat insides so sit flush on your finger, whereas the majority of Harrods ring would have a court inside (a rounded inside) in order to slide on your finger easier. Obviously more gold goes into the court ring, but for a piece you are hopefully wearing every day for the rest of your life I would go for the comfort.
Plus it's a multiple and therefore every tom dick and harry are walking around wearing the same ring as you. I think you can rest assured that wouldn't be the case in Harrods! (The tom dick and harry bit, lol!)

Diamond pieces are a completely different story.

I hope Goldsmiths don't leave as whilst they are a multiple and there diamonds are rubbish, it is affordable jewellery (I say whilst admiring my new eternity ring). The diamonds in my ring are not great but as we are not enjoying two wages anymore and we now have children Goldsmiths are more in my price range (using deals vouchers) as I just cant justify spending the amounts I once would on jewellery would rather spend it on my family.

HELLO_KITTY
26th November 2007, 22:32
i decided to get my goldsmiths vouchers with this quarters deals as i have been waiting to buy myself a nice watch for ages, i also thought they might pull out soon as they seem to be quite a good deal and the good one's normally end up leaving sooner or later..
mfi was excellent, glad i rinsed all i could while it lasted, motorpoint is good but for most tesco shoppers its going to be hard to save a reasonable amount of points to buy a car b4 they decide to pull out

princesskerry
26th November 2007, 22:35
I hope some good companies come along to replace these (MFI and Goldsmiths) as otherwise it wont be worth saving Tesco points!:eek:

Though I am happy with the holidays I do like to have a little choice especially when some of the holidays I would like aren't really appropriate for very young children like I have.:( (There are only so many Butlins and France trips one person wants)

Amber
26th November 2007, 22:40
Oooh, I hope theyr'e not leaving. I'm saving all my points up for a Breitling watch for my hubby (one for around 4k) so I should have enough come the next mailing.

NEgirl
26th November 2007, 22:42
i love goldsmiths and have spent my last 2 quarters points there - its lovely just to go in and say one of those and one of those, oh and one of those etc...... I really hope they dont leave as ive never had so much 'proper' jewellery before! :lol: