PDA

View Full Version : cosmos holiday booking info for you

almond
17th November 2007, 12:10
hi
I am a travel agent so when i was wanting to book i checked viewdata and asked cosmos what i could and could'nt book, what discounts did'nt apply etc
i found a holiday with discounts and thought i would ring to see if i could book it. When i rang was told ok i could have the holiday it worked out the same as viewdata price including discounts.
I paid ?670 in cc deals and ?130 cash.
So I would advise if any of you are thinking that the holiday you are interested in give them a ring first to see if you can book it.
I think it all depends on whether they have a lot of seats they need to get rid of as to whether you can book something that is not a brochured holiday.

suefone
18th November 2007, 13:31
sorry i know im being thick here but what is viewdata??

Maverick
18th November 2007, 17:13
viewdata is the system tracel agents use.

sammybear
19th November 2007, 20:31
You can book any holiday in the Cosmos brochures using your deals vouchers, the discount has nothing to do with whats on viewdata and if you can book it or not?

The best way to price it is on the web, just take off the web discount and thats what you will pay.

S :)

Maldives
20th November 2007, 15:05
Friend has been saving for a 2week holiday to Sharm El Sheik...... so yesterday she called Cosmos to book it... Price has been ?1291 for ages and when she went to book it she was told it would be ?1526..... she came off the phone very disappointed as she only had ?1365 in deals and no cash. I gave it half an hour, rang Cosmos and spoke to an extremely helpful young lady... told her I had a quote last week at ?1291 and ?48 for Monarch plus and now had deal tokens in hand and was ready to book... oh she said, I think I spoke to you last week... er didn't like to say she had a good imagination lol..

Anyhow, she took the booking and actually quoted me ?1289 and ?48.... so one very happy friend...:)

So if you are quoted more than you expected, just say thanks but no thanks and call again a little later, hoping you get a nice operator who answers the phone...

taffy2
20th November 2007, 15:26
Can you check your booking online with Cosmos, cant seem to find anything to get into..

la60
20th November 2007, 17:40
Interesting Maldives - did she have to pay the ?48 cash? or were deals accepted? Also did you have to give the deals codes over the phones? I have all my vouchers but half of them at mums so dont have the codes to hand?

LA

suzanneg
20th November 2007, 17:53
la60, I booked with Cosmos this morning and she didn't ask for any of the voucher numbers at all.
HTH

Maverick
20th November 2007, 18:01
Normally 12 weeks before.

Maldives
20th November 2007, 18:03
Interesting Maldives - did she have to pay the ?48 cash? or were deals accepted? Also did you have to give the deals codes over the phones? I have all my vouchers but half of them at mums so dont have the codes to hand?

LA

Hello la60... no cash, she paid the total ?1337 in deal vouchers and no she didn't have to give the token numbers either...

la60
20th November 2007, 18:21
Woohoo - thanks for confirming, will call later on tonight to book - will let you know how i get on :clap2:

la60
20th November 2007, 18:23
PS suzanne - book anywhere exciting?? do tell

angel2710
20th November 2007, 19:49
I booked my holiday through cosmos this morning and took their insurance out as well it was ?75.00 for three adults three children and they said it definitely covered the tesco vouchers!
Didn't have to give any serial numbers either.

Becles
30th November 2007, 14:50
hi
I am a travel agent so when i was wanting to book i checked viewdata and asked cosmos what i could and could'nt book, what discounts did'nt apply etc
i found a holiday with discounts and thought i would ring to see if i could book it. When i rang was told ok i could have the holiday it worked out the same as viewdata price including discounts.
I paid ?670 in cc deals and ?130 cash.
So I would advise if any of you are thinking that the holiday you are interested in give them a ring first to see if you can book it.
I think it all depends on whether they have a lot of seats they need to get rid of as to whether you can book something that is not a brochured holiday.

I tried this just now.

I rang up and got a price and said I would like to go ahead with the booking. He took all the details and and then I asked where to send in the Tesco vouchers.

He then said I should have told him I was using Tesco vouchers at the beginning of the call. He recalcuted the price, took my free child off and said I had to pay an additional ?344 to cover the costs for that child.

I complained and I even spoke to a supervisor but they refused to give me my free child back or make any other offer.

They never asked how many Tesco vouchers I had, but if you had less or around ?344 worth, it makes them seem worthless doesn't it?

suzanneg
30th November 2007, 15:40
PS suzanne - book anywhere exciting?? do tell

Hi
Only just seen this - I booked Club Sun City, Olu Deniz for beginning of summer hols next year - very excited, can't wait but also a bit trepidant cos I don't like flying! :eek:
Oh, and I was told balance due 8 weeks before departure ;)

sammybear
30th November 2007, 16:20
Normally 12 weeks before.

Its 8 weeks Mav cos your booking with Cosmos direct. :)

sammybear
30th November 2007, 16:21
Hi
Only just seen this - I booked Club Sun City, Olu Deniz for beginning of summer hols next year - very excited, can't wait but also a bit trepidant cos I don't like flying! :eek:
Oh, and I was told balance due 8 weeks before departure ;)

Your right Suzanne it is 8 weeks before.

You only pay 12 weeks before had you booked through a travel agent.

Im going to Turkey next year to, karbel Hotel , olu deniz x

Becles
30th November 2007, 16:50
LOL - I'm wanting to book the Olu Deniz Beach Resort.

I must say these PTS people sure have good taste in holiday destinations :D

sammybear
30th November 2007, 17:09
LOL - I'm wanting to book the Olu Deniz Beach Resort.

I must say these PTS people sure have good taste in holiday destinations :D

I nearly booked there Becles, its all inclusive isnt it? looks lovely, but i booked Karbel in the end as it was recommended to me.

Yes we do have good taste..lol ;)

Becles
30th November 2007, 17:52
Yes - it's all inclusive.

We were limited to that one or Sun City as they are the only two places in the Cosmos brochure in Olu Deniz that have rooms big enough for a family of 5.

Button
30th November 2007, 19:04
I am sooo jealous of you all. I absolutely love Turkey. I originally went there 18 years ago with a Turkish friend. We spent weeks travelling around the country by bus, visiting his family and friends. I could not believe how nice and genuine the people were whereever we went. We spent 6 weeks there and the last 10 days were in Olu Deniz. At that time only the Turkish went there for their holidays. There were only 3 hotels along the front and I loved it. I went back again 8 years ago and this year and simply cannot believe how built up Olu Deniz has become. This said, it is still stunningly beautiful with so much to do. You will have a great time. :D

sammybear
30th November 2007, 19:10
Been to turkey quite a few times, infact i got married there ! :)

But never been to olu deniz, looking forward to it, we dont go to september though, just the 2 of us, no kids going............woohoo..............x

la60
30th November 2007, 20:24
I do love Turkey also - And as i married a Turk im stuck to holidaying there for life..... damn shame ehhh:p

Sammy - we stayed in the Karbel 4/5 years ago, lovely family run place - we really enjoyed it there xx

We just booked up for 3 weeks in Marmaris in august - Paid ?1800 - not a great deal but tesco 'money' so not that bothered. BIL is also getting married whilst we are there - so have a 'village' do to go to, should be interesting:eyebrows:

sammybear
30th November 2007, 20:28
I do love Turkey also - And as i married a Turk im stuck to holidaying there for life..... damn shame ehhh:p

Sammy - we stayed in the Karbel 4/5 years ago, lovely family run place - we really enjoyed it there xx

We just booked up for 3 weeks in Marmaris in august - Paid ?1800 - not a great deal but tesco 'money' so not that bothered. BIL is also getting married whilst we are there - so have a 'village' do to go to, should be interesting:eyebrows:

Oh lovely- i love the turkish people, they are so friendly.

we looking forward to going back, and as we have neve been to olu deniz its more exciting !!

ooh you got a turkish wedding to go to, lucky you, they do good knees ups

xx

Becles
30th November 2007, 21:28
I've never been but hubby has been to Gumbet before and said it was nice.

I did a mystery shop in a travel agents a few years ago. The lady was brilliant and she sold Olu Deniz to me so well, that I've been desperate to visit!

We're going in May as hubby couldn't get any time off the school summer hols. It'll be a bit cooler for baby then too. She'll have just turned 1 then, so no relaxing holiday for me :D

sammybear
30th November 2007, 21:34
I've never been but hubby has been to Gumbet before and said it was nice.

I did a mystery shop in a travel agents a few years ago. The lady was brilliant and she sold Olu Deniz to me so well, that I've been desperate to visit!

We're going in May as hubby couldn't get any time off the school summer hols. It'll be a bit cooler for baby then too. She'll have just turned 1 then, so no relaxing holiday for me :D

probably better to go im may with a baby, it will still be hot but less crowded, youll have a fab time, youll have to update on here when you get back as you go before me hun x :)

whiteorchid
30th November 2007, 23:07
I am sooo jealous of you all. I absolutely love Turkey. I originally went there 18 years ago with a Turkish friend. We spent weeks travelling around the country by bus, visiting his family and friends. I could not believe how nice and genuine the people were whereever we went. We spent 6 weeks there and the last 10 days were in Olu Deniz. At that time only the Turkish went there for their holidays. There were only 3 hotels along the front and I loved it. I went back again 8 years ago and this year and simply cannot believe how built up Olu Deniz has become. This said, it is still stunningly beautiful with so much to do. You will have a great time. :D

I went there too, 17 years ago - well we stayed what was known then as Alu Ata (Hisonaru) I don't know why they called it that because if we went anywhere and got a taxi back no-one knew what we were on about when we said we wanted to go to Alu Ata, I was the only one who could remember it's actual name. It was so unspoilt then I recall arriving at 6am in the morning and getting off the coach and there was a goat and some chickens roaming in the road and I thought "OH MY GOD, WHERE THE HELL HAVE I COME :eek:". I went on to have the most fun holiday I think I've ever had and I think it cost two of us about ?450 for two weeks - OMG!![/I]

la60
1st December 2007, 08:52
Lol - I went to amsterdam last year and ended up at a turkish wedding - the only drinks to be had were pop - but they were all partying like theres no tom! BIL's will also be a dry do - will have to make sure take my voddy in a water bottle:p

If all goes well i will have a 10 week old when we go - Ellis was the same age when we went to Olu and we had such a relaxing time - hoping for the same. Beccles prepare yourself for lots of fuss over your dd, the turks love kids and will fuss over her like mad. Always remember in that hol to Olu we were at the bus station and this woman just whisked Ellis out of my arms babbling something in turkish and took her to her group of pals - i freaked at DH telling him to go get her back he was just laughing at me - They were just cooing and awhhing at her and did eventually get her back after there bus came. Got used to such events after that as it happened so often - just was weird as just wouldnt happen here

White Orchard you wouldnt recognise Hisaronu now - its very built up and really quite tacky tbh. Its Ok for a change of scene away from Olu for the odd night but wouldnt like to stay there - But only a bus ride away from the sanctury of Olu thankfully. And you book at the right time you can still get a hol to Turkey for 2 for ?450 - not with cosmos tho!!! lol

Cheers

LA

Becles
1st December 2007, 09:21
Beccles prepare yourself for lots of fuss over your dd, the turks love kids and will fuss over her like mad. Always remember in that hol to Olu we were at the bus station and this woman just whisked Ellis out of my arms babbling something in turkish and took her to her group of pals - i freaked at DH telling him to go get her back he was just laughing at me - They were just cooing and awhhing at her and did eventually get her back after there bus came.

awww - that's a lovely tale, but I think I would have freaked too!

She's a blondie, so hubby thought she might get fuss made over her due to her hair.

My boys have been on Google looking up Turkish recipes and planning their meals already :rolleyes::D