PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland paris

quizbuff
20th November 2007, 23:34
Does anyone know if you can book a holiday to disneyland paris with tesco deals.. (Does eurotunnel have to be for a crossing only as they have disneyland paris on their website??? )

Cyrano
21st November 2007, 00:05
Unfortunately the deals for Disneyland Resort Paris have dried up.
Eurostar can only be used to go direct to Paris or you can go to Lille on deals and then pay for the onward journey yourself.

We used deals for the Eurotunnel crossing last summer :)
You'll find a few of us over at this DLP board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77) if you are looking for help with hotels and passes :)

maleficent_mum
21st November 2007, 00:16
Airmiles do Disneyland Paris packages and you can also book Eurostar tickets with them, but to be honest I've looked a couple of times and it seems expensive and I think you really have to phone for a quote, the website doesn't have an awful lot of info on it. There's a couple of examples of packages and prices here though.
http://www.airmiles.co.uk/content/generatePage.do?destination=Disney+fairytale+chris tmas&from=dotw

Hope this helps. :)

Melcatfish
21st November 2007, 08:48
I was going to use Clubcard Vouchers for our Eurostar but as Cyrano mentioned you can only go direct to Paris or Lille not DLRP - also when I looked on the Eurostar website I found that often there were cheaper tickets available (for one date i looked at we could go for ?59.50 return) so not worth ?25 fixed fee in Clubcard Vouchers. Haven't used it for Eurotunnel as I am a founder shareholder and get travel privilidges (go each way through the chunnel for ?1) but others have reported Eurotunnel as a great deal because you pay the orice on the website if using deals, not an artiificially inflated price IYKWIM.

Mel
x

rach109
21st November 2007, 13:02
you could use deals for the travel part : eurostar (then car hire),tunnel,ferry

then frenchlife for

this site which is 25 mins away from DLRP :
http://www.frenchlife.co.uk/uce/fl?lang=en&action=qsearch&fromPage=home&currency=26&region=Ile-de-France+and+Paris&countryId=23&propertyTypeId=4&regionId=1988&sleeps=4&go.x=11&go.y=15

or these apartments : http://www.frenchlife.co.uk/uce/fl?action=readParentDetails&cottageParentId=387732&startdate=&duration=&sleeps=4&propertyTypeId=3

Lilmiss
21st November 2007, 23:39
If you get the eurostar to Paris then its a 30-40 min train ride right to disney from the eurostar paris terminal. Outside the station are shuttles to ALL the hotels(not just disney) or local buses
Its a comfortable and pretty cheap journey so dont be put off.

IF you decide to go, dont book a 'disney' hotel and pay through the nose, there are MASSES of hotels all right there and many much better quality than the disney ones.

We have passes, we get a years entry for approx ?65 per person(89euros)

Which is the same price as 2 1/2 days in the park if you buy tickets individually. I can get a discount on top for anyone interested, you can get your pass for 80 euros if I refer you

If anyone is interested PM me

Just as an example we are doing disney self drive at xmas, eurotunnel( from tesco vouchers) with the car and an appartment 5 mins drive away is ?250 for 6 people for 5 days!

maleficent_mum
22nd November 2007, 00:26
We're going back for the fifth time in 3 years on Friday and I wouldn't consider staying offsite, we've stayed at 4 out of the 7 Disney hotels and never had a problem, I did book the Explorers once, but ended up swapping to the Sequoia Lodge at the last minute. For me not having to use the shuttle buses alone justifies the cost of Disney hotels and I like to keep the Disney magic going after we've left the parks. :)
If I had my own transport maybe I'd feel differently, but I haven't yet plucked up the courage to drive myself.:o

rabiddog
22nd November 2007, 01:26
or these apartments : http://www.frenchlife.co.uk/uce/fl?action=readParentDetails&cottageParentId=387732&startdate=&duration=&sleeps=4&propertyTypeId=3

We stayed there and really enjoyed it but I don't think that French Life are carrying the appartments anymore for Clubcard deals.

Cyrano
22nd November 2007, 02:48
Another who thinks that the experience of staying on-site is what makes a Disney holiday. A lovely walk to your hotel rather than having to fight your way on the shuttle buses back to your hotel ,is just one of the many perks.

If you are brave enough to drive... we are :) Then you can have the off-site feel with all the Disney magic by staying in the Davy Crockett Ranch :)

jackslass
22nd November 2007, 17:53
campinglife do apartmnets near which you can use deals for and it includes ferry too.

rach109
22nd November 2007, 21:08
We stayed there and really enjoyed it but I don't think that French Life are carrying the appartments anymore for Clubcard deals.

aww no ! they looked really nice too ! :(

rach109
22nd November 2007, 21:09
If you get the eurostar to Paris then its a 30-40 min train ride right to disney from the eurostar paris terminal. Outside the station are shuttles to ALL the hotels(not just disney) or local buses
Its a comfortable and pretty cheap journey so dont be put off.

IF you decide to go, dont book a 'disney' hotel and pay through the nose, there are MASSES of hotels all right there and many much better quality than the disney ones.

We have passes, we get a years entry for approx ?65 per person(89euros)

Which is the same price as 2 1/2 days in the park if you buy tickets individually. I can get a discount on top for anyone interested, you can get your pass for 80 euros if I refer you

If anyone is interested PM me

Just as an example we are doing disney self drive at xmas, eurotunnel( from tesco vouchers) with the car and an appartment 5 mins drive away is ?250 for 6 people for 5 days!

thats fab ! is it the apartments i posted above ??

Tabby
23rd November 2007, 09:15

These apartments are available again using CC Deals .http://www.frenchlife.co.uk/uce/fl?action=readParentDetails&cottageParentId=387732&startdate=&duration=&sleeps=5&propertyTypeId=3. I booked last night for a week next Summer and just had to pay for the Ferry surcharge in cash.
I have also stayed at les Etangs Fleuris a few years ago and it was very nice.
If only you buy a Disneyland Paris Annual Pass with CC Deals!:)

Melcatfish
23rd November 2007, 09:24
We're going back for the fifth time in 3 years on Friday and I wouldn't consider staying offsite, we've stayed at 4 out of the 7 Disney hotels and never had a problem, I did book the Explorers once, but ended up swapping to the Sequoia Lodge at the last minute. For me not having to use the shuttle buses alone justifies the cost of Disney hotels and I like to keep the Disney magic going after we've left the parks. :)
If I had my own transport maybe I'd feel differently, but I haven't yet plucked up the courage to drive myself.:o

Good to hear this - we stayed at Dream Castle in the Summer but got a good price for Sequoia (leaving tomorrow) and have opted to stay onsite but then read loads of quite negative reviews of the Disney hotels and was getting a bit anxious!

Mel
x

Khufu
23rd November 2007, 10:55

I think they're dirt cheap anyway, considerign the discount in shops and restaurants you get with them - mine paid for itself in 3 days worth of discounts. Incidentally pm me anyone who wants a sponsor for their annual passes (it gives you 10 % off the cost):)

rach109
24th November 2007, 14:33
These apartments are available again using CC Deals .http://www.frenchlife.co.uk/uce/fl?action=readParentDetails&cottageParentId=387732&startdate=&duration=&sleeps=5&propertyTypeId=3. I booked last night for a week next Summer and just had to pay for the Ferry surcharge in cash.
I have also stayed at les Etangs Fleuris a few years ago and it was very nice.

Can i ask how much it cost ? as theres no pricing data available on the website :rolleyes:

Lilmiss
25th November 2007, 18:17
These are the apartments we will be staying in in 3 weeks time.
Ill let everyone know what they are like when we got back.

If you shop around you get different prices for the same accomodation via various sites so its worth looking if you are paying ??? rather than using deals.

The passports are VERY good value. For less than the cost of one three day pass we got 300 days entry. The eclusion periods are very clear and not at times which you would think unreasonable.
It works out at about ?65 per person for a years entry.
I can also get you a discount so if you want one Pm me.

If you buy via a referral they are 80 euros, buying at the park 89 euros for the 'francillien' pass( 300 days entry and various discounts off retaurants, shops etc)

Lilmiss
23rd December 2007, 13:34
Just to add an update as promised.
The apartments were great. The hallway areas were a bit shabby but the apartments couldnt be faulted really! There was even a dishwasher! Id have liked an oven in the apartments but cant have everything! They were warm and comfortable. There is a laundry room etc and breakfast available but no restarant or bar but there are restaurants in the shopping centre

The shopping centre entrance ( with railways station) was 2 mins walk from the door. The shuttle bus( free) stops outside of the apartments every hour. These apartments are available via french life I understand if you wanted to use deals to book. We booked via a booking agent and paid 370 euros in total for 6 nights

Cyrano
23rd December 2007, 13:42
The apartments were great. The hallway areas were a bit shabby but the apartments couldnt be faulted really! There was even a dishwasher! Id have liked an oven in the apartments but cant have everything! They were warm and comfortable. There is a laundry room etc and breakfast available but no restarant or bar but there are restaurants in the shopping centre

Thanks for the update :)

rach109
28th December 2007, 13:06

The shopping centre entrance ( with railways station) was 2 mins walk from the door. The shuttle bus( free) stops outside of the apartments every hour. These apartments are available via french life I understand if you wanted to use deals to book. We booked via a booking agent and paid 370 euros in total for 6 nights

thanks so much for the update :clap2: