PDA

View Full Version : my skin is itchey

shoppaholic45
21st November 2007, 02:21
My skin seems to get itchey rather a lot, i do sratch a lot and i don't know why, On my ring finger i wear my engagment ring, as in the past couple of days its become really itchy underneath and i have been sratching it, i have tried not to. I don't know if it could be to do with washing power, i do find that hot water seems to make me itch, does anyone know what it is or what i could do, its driving me mad, i have put some e45 cream on my finger

kay122
21st November 2007, 05:20
Hi their i use oilatum i have dry skin it is good for that .Try and put some rubber gloves on the thin ones when washing up Gat a few of the surgical gloves i will send yo a few if you can not get any
Kay

rainbow
21st November 2007, 08:58
Allergenics Cream from Holland & Barrat (or other health shops) is excellent for sensitive/itchy skin. 4.99 tube and it lasts for ages.

DaisyChain
21st November 2007, 09:13
I get that - doc once said it was contact dermatitis whatever that is

Mine is cured my taking the rings off for a couple of days

rainbow
21st November 2007, 09:25
I know this will sound ridiculous, but bear with me :)

Your skin is the largest organ in the body and the first to "suffer" if anything else is out of kilter. Your digestive system is vital to your well-being so if there is anything wrong there, your body has to work harder to keep it going smoothly, hence the skin will suffer. It might not apply to you, but if your bowel is sluggish/constipated, a simple remedy is a glass of hot water first thing in the morning with a dash of lemon juice and a dash of olive oil. (I know, I know...yuk, not nice! but it does work). Also an acidophilis supplement from the health shop will sort you out too. I was once told "sort your bowels out and your skin will sort it itself". I was sceptical, but it worked and I've never had a problem since. :)

suziq
21st November 2007, 09:32
contact dermatitis is simply inflamation of the skin due to contact with something. under rings is often a little sweaty, and usually not dried properly after being wet. turn your rings as you dry your hands. as rainbow says dry skin can be a sign of dry body, ie a little dehydrated, try to drink more water. something like oilatum wud be good too, use in the bath, or use cream

HELLO_KITTY
21st November 2007, 09:33
in the past week my dd's cheecks have been going red at night and i have come out in a few spots about 5 or 6 which is unusual for me, i was curious what was causing that, i thought it must be the radiators coming on??

suziq
21st November 2007, 09:36
there is something called slap cheek, a virus that goes around schools at this time of year, not sure of all the symptoms, google will know!

clyindus
21st November 2007, 10:19
Slapped cheek has just gone round my kids school and both of them got it. They weren't ill with it, just rosy cheeked, but I kept them off school as one of the teachers is pregnent and it can cause complications.

When I was talking to other mums in the playground though none of them had heard this and I think they thought I was a bit neurotic!!

Cookie Monster
21st November 2007, 11:16
contact dermatitis is simply inflamation of the skin due to contact with something. under rings is often a little sweaty, and usually not dried properly after being wet. turn your rings as you dry your hands. as rainbow says dry skin can be a sign of dry body, ie a little dehydrated, try to drink more water. something like oilatum wud be good too, use in the bath, or use cream

Good advice. The same happened to me under my rings, and it drove me mad!! I was advised to dry under my rings and it went away!!

Hope it gets better, you have my sympathy babes!!!

hippygirl
21st November 2007, 11:24
Good advice. The same happened to me under my rings, and it drove me mad!! I was advised to dry under my rings and it went away!!

we are temporarily without a dishwasher (AArgh!) and since I've been washing up (Yuk) I have it under my wedding ring - really sore and itchy.
My solution is to make the children wash up!! Also, to try and remember to wear rubber gloves if I do have to do some, and I have been using that free handcream from t's - Dove regenerating night(sadly no longer free!) both day and night, and it has cleared up.
Hope you sort it out soon, as it is horrible.

zoot
21st November 2007, 11:41
Slapped cheek has just gone round my kids school and both of them got it. They weren't ill with it, just rosy cheeked, but I kept them off school as one of the teachers is pregnent and it can cause complications.

When I was talking to other mums in the playground though none of them had heard this and I think they thought I was a bit neurotic!!

You are right and it was very good of you to keep the children off school. When ever there is slapped cheek virus going around at the school where I work a notice is put up in the staff room to warn all the female adults about it. You dont always check the notice board though and I think you did the right thing keeping them off school.

rach109
21st November 2007, 14:10
My skin seems to get itchey rather a lot, i do sratch a lot and i don't know why, On my ring finger i wear my engagment ring, as in the past couple of days its become really itchy underneath and i have been sratching it, i have tried not to. I don't know if it could be to do with washing power, i do find that hot water seems to make me itch, does anyone know what it is or what i could do, its driving me mad, i have put some e45 cream on my finger

i get this too

aveeno cream is very good :)

clockwatcher
21st November 2007, 14:28
we are temporarily without a dishwasher (AArgh!) and since I've been washing up (Yuk) I have it under my wedding ring - really sore and itchy.
My solution is to make the children wash up!! Also, to try and remember to wear rubber gloves if I do have to do some, and I have been using that free handcream from t's - Dove regenerating night(sadly no longer free!) both day and night, and it has cleared up.
Hope you sort it out soon, as it is horrible.

I get dermatitis from various cleaning products, but if I wear rubber gloves, I have to wear cotton gloves inside them, as they cause it too, for me!

rainbow
21st November 2007, 14:31
I found that too CW. Once it had flared up, the gloves seemed to aggravate it.

Shimmer
21st November 2007, 15:12

Dare I ask if your allergic to talc or any of the other J&J stuff :D:D

dune
21st November 2007, 15:21
i get this too

aveeno cream is very good :)

its funny you should mention that

i have itchy shins and sometimes scratch them till they bleed (not that you wanted to know that :) )

I use aveeno cream.. it was a fee sample i got a while back and it works really well

shoppaholic45
21st November 2007, 15:41
Hi everyone thank you all for your advice. i have an underactive thoyrid which causes me problems, i will get some cream to put on it, and some oiltum for the bath. i have got my ring off at the moment to help it

shoppaholic45
21st November 2007, 15:44
Dare I ask if your allergic to talc or any of the other J&J stuff :D:D

lol don't seem to be allergic to the talc or cotton buds :D

shoppaholic45
21st November 2007, 15:45
And i will get oh to do more washing up, im lucky that he does most of it :D

Deedee
21st November 2007, 15:46
Since reading this thread, the arch on my foot is itching like mad, I've even taken my Dap off to have a good scrape on the mat!

shoppaholic45
21st November 2007, 15:47
I know this will sound ridiculous, but bear with me :)

Your skin is the largest organ in the body and the first to "suffer" if anything else is out of kilter. Your digestive system is vital to your well-being so if there is anything wrong there, your body has to work harder to keep it going smoothly, hence the skin will suffer. It might not apply to you, but if your bowel is sluggish/constipated, a simple remedy is a glass of hot water first thing in the morning with a dash of lemon juice and a dash of olive oil. (I know, I know...yuk, not nice! but it does work). Also an acidophilis supplement from the health shop will sort you out too. I was once told "sort your bowels out and your skin will sort it itself". I was sceptical, but it worked and I've never had a problem since. :)

the drink sounds yucky, is the supplement in tablet form

Shimmer
21st November 2007, 15:47
Hi everyone thank you all for your advice. i have an underactive thoyrid which causes me problems, i will get some cream to put on it, and some oiltum for the bath. i have got my ring off at the moment to help it

:eek: same here, used J&J mois cream on my face & it swelled up!
I take 1 a day 50 micrograms of levothyroxine.

shoppaholic45
21st November 2007, 15:50
:eek: same here, used J&J mois cream on my face & it swelled up!
I take 1 a day 50 micrograms of levothyroxine.

i have to take 150 micrograms, and then i take vitiam d and primrose oil and omega oil as i get sad disorder so my oh got me a lamp which seems to help, i feel like a pill box lol

rainbow
21st November 2007, 15:55
the drink sounds yucky, is the supplement in tablet form

Yes it's capsules. Easy to take, and remember to check the label as some of them need to be kept in the fridge.

sammybear
21st November 2007, 16:08
I have been taking some tablets the doc gave me on monday and i cant stop itching !! my head, arms, boobs and tummy-its driving me mad. Think i will be going back to see him.

I mention this though cos your not on any medication are you? just a long shot.

S :)

rainbow
21st November 2007, 16:13
Sounds like you might be allergic to them sammy........have a look at the contraindications on the leaflet and see if it's a possible side effect.

Shimmer
21st November 2007, 16:16
i have to take 150 micrograms, and then i take vitiam d and primrose oil and omega oil as i get sad disorder so my oh got me a lamp which seems to help, i feel like a pill box lol

Do you know your automaticaly exempt from paying for any prescriptions when you have underactive thyroid:)

sammybear
21st November 2007, 16:19
Sounds like you might be allergic to them sammy........have a look at the contraindications on the leaflet and see if it's a possible side effect.#
Thanks Rainbow, i just read the leaflet thing and its got a long list of side effects , an itchy rash is one of them. But i dont have a rash i just feel really itchy and a bit high ! lol and like my hair is on end

S :)

CrystalTips
21st November 2007, 16:24
Oh Sammy, get yourself back to the doctors asap. As Rainbow said, it sounds like you are allergic. The hair on end & feeling high, just shouldn't be.

Take care of yourself. CT x:love:

rainbow
21st November 2007, 16:27
I think unless they're REALLY essential, I'd stop taking them and ring the doc's for advice.

sammybear
21st November 2007, 16:47
Thanks rainbow and Crystaltips... i was trying to see the week out and hoping it would settle down but you might be right ! thanks guys xx

Shapoholic-sorry for hijacking your thread x

shoppaholic45
21st November 2007, 17:20
Its ok sammybear, i would stop taking them and go back to the doctors, i had some tablets for bladder problem and they made me feel very high was horrible, hope it gets sorted for you. I do take some medication but have been taking it a while now