PDA

View Full Version : deals voucher question

mazza100
22nd November 2007, 21:21
hi everyone, i have a question about vouchers:) First of all i'd just like to say that i'm relatively new to this so please forgive me if this is a silly question.

Here goes, I am saving my points for a florida holiday with virgin in october 2009, i know it sounds a long way off but i want to book it when they go on sale next year. Can I send away for virgin vouchers just now and then use them when it's time to book or is there a set time scale in which they must be used - i.e. within 6 weeks??

Also if at the time of booking my holiday I find I am about ?500 short, can I then go onto ebay and by vouchers? Or is this likely to cause a problem:confused:

All replies would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Irishsmurfy
22nd November 2007, 21:26
hi everyone, i have a question about vouchers:) First of all i'd just like to say that i'm relatively new to this so please forgive me if this is a silly question.

Here goes, I am saving my points for a florida holiday with virgin in october 2009, i know it sounds a long way off but i want to book it when they go on sale next year. Can I send away for virgin vouchers just now and then use them when it's time to book or is there a set time scale in which they must be used - i.e. within 6 weeks??

Also if at the time of booking my holiday I find I am about ?500 short, can I then go onto ebay and by vouchers? Or is this likely to cause a problem:confused:

All replies would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi Mazza and welcome to PTS

As regards your holiday - Virgin vouchers are only valid for 6 months from the time you convert them so I wouldn't advise you to convert them until shortly before you plan to actually book your holiday. Uncoverted vouchers are valid for 2 years , converted deals only 6 months.

If you are short then the only thing you can realistically do is pay in cash - vouchers from ebay are not transferable unless you could find a seller with the same surname as you.

Hope that helps - and again welcome to PTS and good luck!!!

zoot
22nd November 2007, 21:26
I think they need to be used within 6 months once you have converted them.
I am also pretty sure they need to be in your name, so I dont think you will be able to buy from Ebay.

mazza100
22nd November 2007, 21:30
Thank you for you quick reponses:) There is no way on earth i'd find someone with the same surname as me as my family is the only one in scotland with this name:(. Oh well, i'd better get more wine deliveries then I suppose:)

lindylou
2nd December 2007, 17:21
you can only benefit from discounts that appear in the virgin brochure and not online ones.
Also, you can only use the deals vouchers for one payment, obviously your first. Your second payment of the balance cannot be in deals tokens but has to be in cash or with ccard. I had a holiday with virgin last year and this is what they told me. Hold onto all your vouchers until you have enough to pay it all off.
If the vouchers expire, don't worry, tescos will reissue new ones, but be very careful if returning converted deals tokens when you send them as they are like cash and if lost in the post you get nowt from tesco. Send them special delivery.