PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Heroes?

M3chanical_animal
22nd November 2007, 23:20
Series is coming to an end on BBC2 now but many people watch it? Was slightly impressed by first episodes but now I'm really into it.

Not as good as Lost tho......

Polo
22nd November 2007, 23:32
ME ME ME ME ME!!!

I love it, although got very confused last night - prob cos had PTS on, bottle of wine open, and was trying to study too!

Loved the first and second series of Lost, but when it moved over to sky, I 'lost' (pardon the pun) interest as wasn't going to pay for it!

M3chanical_animal
22nd November 2007, 23:37
I saw last nights episode last week as we watch it on BBC3 as its a week ahead - I loved that episode - lots made sense. Did the "Save the cheerleader, Save the world" theme all the way through the series finally all make sense to you?

The most recent series of Lost was so mean - it has left us on the biggest cliffhanger EVER! You must watch! :)

Polo
22nd November 2007, 23:48
Ye gads, I can't cope with watching a week ahead, as I'm easily confused..... think I need to re-watch this weeks, as couldn't work out why Nathan killed Clare, until hubby pointed out it was silar (sp?) and it just left me with more questions.....

Yeah I think I might ask for Lost for christmas, as would still like to know what thats all about!

NinaB
23rd November 2007, 07:26
Big fan of both here too. We never accept invitations or do anything on a Wednesday night, how sad! Too tired to stay up and watch next week's episodes though :o

Littlemissjojo
23rd November 2007, 07:45
LOVE Heroes!!!!

I am v lucky as have a friend who downloads, so I have seen to end of series 1 and am up to ep 7 of series 2. Its FAB!!!! :D:D:D

hatterz
23rd November 2007, 07:49
LOVE Heroes!!!!

I am v lucky as have a friend who downloads, so I have seen to end of series 1 and am up to ep 7 of series 2. Its FAB!!!! :D:D:D

Same here I watched episodes 7 & 8 yesterday, now have to wait a couple of weeks for the next lot :(

Deedee
23rd November 2007, 08:09
Wooo Hoooo Waffles!

tigger73
23rd November 2007, 08:25
I watched it on Sky when it first came over here. Loved it but was very confused for most of the early episodes.

Grinder
23rd November 2007, 08:55
I really enjoyed heroes and always watch Lost :) luckily am always up with the new episodes ;)

pacifica
23rd November 2007, 09:04
I love it.

I get withdrawal symptoms waiting to download the next episode on Tuesdays after it's shown on Monday in the US.

It's filling the gap until Jack's back in January!

:)

MrsTom
23rd November 2007, 09:21
I also watched it on the SciFi channel earlier this year but for those of you who saw the last episode was you a bit disappointed? I thought it was a bit rubbish............. Don't want to say anything for those of you who haven't go that far yet!

But still looking forward to series 2, its very rare to find something that both DH and I will actually watch together.

angel,dust
23rd November 2007, 09:26
ohh guys wait for the next series then!!!!! we do the downloading as we are so impatient to. love heros, prison break and lost (although its been that long im gonna struggle to remember all those details when it starts back up again):whip:

Maldives
23rd November 2007, 12:31
I missed most of Lost 3... was on NTL/Virgin and they had the plug pulled on them from Sky.... we finally changed to Sky but the series was over then.. waiting for C4 to get it..

Never watched heroes

angel,dust
23rd November 2007, 12:32
I missed most of Lost 3... was on NTL/Virgin and they had the plug pulled on them from Sky.... we finally changed to Sky but the series was over then.. waiting for C4 to get it..

Never watched heroes

ohhh you must:whip::whip:

Maldives
23rd November 2007, 12:35
will try to catch some reruns somewhere of heroes....

M3chanical_animal
23rd November 2007, 19:19
I love it.

I get withdrawal symptoms waiting to download the next episode on Tuesdays after it's shown on Monday in the US.

It's filling the gap until Jack's back in January!

:)

I think its been pushed back until Feb now :mad:

pacifica
23rd November 2007, 20:05
Noooo! Can't wait that long. :(

Deedee
5th December 2007, 13:40
For those of you who love it as much as me, tonight's the night. Double whammy, BBC3 has the last one of the first tonight! Then I'm gonna pick up the 2nd series from a mate ;) tomorrow!

Grinder
5th December 2007, 13:46
I can tell you what happens in the first 10 episodes of Series 2 if you can't wait to watch it ;)

Deedee
5th December 2007, 13:47
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DONT YOU DARE!!! I'll wait until I get the disc off me mate!

Grinder
5th December 2007, 13:48
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DONT YOU DARE!!! I'll wait until I get the disc off me mate!

Are you sure ;) do you have a divx dvd player aswell?

Deedee
5th December 2007, 13:49
"La LA LA" ***Deedee has fingers in ears*****

divx dvd player ? Whats that?

Grinder
5th December 2007, 13:52
Basically it can play the file format divx and xvid which are compressed files which can be downloaded... so instead of having to convert a download into a format that a normal dvd player will play you can watch them straight on the dvd player like this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-DVP5160-Multi-region-capable-Proggresive/dp/B000TCZ342/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1196862660&sr=1-1 so you can fit 6 or 7 episodes of Heroes on one dvd :)

Deedee
5th December 2007, 13:57
:glazed over: LOL where's the blinkin "nerd" smilie gone!>

:D:D

but thanks for the info

angel,dust
5th December 2007, 14:22
:glazed over: LOL where's the blinkin "nerd" smilie gone!>

:D:D

but thanks for the info

you can play it on your pc hun
how did you get on with the links?

Deedee
5th December 2007, 14:23
OMG Ang, I've gone brain dead! What links?

Grinder
5th December 2007, 14:24
you can play it on your pc hun
how did you get on with the links?

Yeh I used to watch it on my PC but via TV it is alot better :)

Deedee
5th December 2007, 14:28
so K I remember, I didn't bother, mate said he'd just bring it aound when I'm ready

angel,dust
5th December 2007, 14:34
Yeh I used to watch it on my PC but via TV it is alot better :)

yeah I agree we use the x box

Deedee
5th December 2007, 20:22
Are we all settling in ready?
I've got me jammies on, fluffy socks, twinklies are on in the lounge OH is about to por the gin!

Wooo hoooo Waffles!

M3chanical_animal
7th December 2007, 18:24
We missed it on Wednesday as the Sky box went funny and didn't record! Its on again @ 10.30m tonight so we'll be watching it then :D

dune
7th December 2007, 18:28
We missed it on Wednesday as the Sky box went funny and didn't record! Its on again @ 10.30m tonight so we'll be watching it then :D

your in for a treat

i really enjoyed it
may even watch it again

M3chanical_animal
7th December 2007, 18:29
Thats good to hear - thanks Dune! Really looking forward to it now! :)

dune
7th December 2007, 22:33
just starting now if anyone missed the last 2 episodes

hydro
7th December 2007, 23:23
Brilliant - love it. Can't wait for the next series.

M3chanical_animal
8th December 2007, 13:48
I must say the actual finale I wasn't overly impressed with - I preferred the episode a couple of weeks ago where everything was in the future - I think that would have been a great end to the series!

Polo
8th December 2007, 13:51
Yeah I agree M3ch, I enjoyed it though and can't wait for series 2!
In the meantime going to have the boxset of series one to keep me busy, in the hope that I can stop going - who's that? Whats his power? Why is that happening? To poor hubby, I'm easily confused... especially when I think actors look like other actors, and that women who keeps changing her appearance really confused me!

dingaling
8th December 2007, 14:53
We all watched Heroes as a family aaaahhhhh!!! DD1 brught it back on dvd from the states in the summer. Cant wait for series 2 but are the writers still on strike? Havent they watched all that they can for the mo?

Did any of that make sense?!

jen
8th December 2007, 17:35
I must say the actual finale I wasn't overly impressed with - I preferred the episode a couple of weeks ago where everything was in the future - I think that would have been a great end to the series!

Oh I loved the ending call me old fashioned but I enjoyed a nice happy(ish) ending!
It brought tears to me eyes.
PS Looking forward to the new series of lost!

M3chanical_animal
8th December 2007, 18:40
oooooooohhh Lost :)

dune
9th December 2007, 22:06
if you missed the last 2 episodes its your last chance to see it tonight at 11.50 on bbc2

Polo
9th December 2007, 22:55
And don't forget the boxset is currently half price at tesco.com!

dune
23rd February 2008, 11:06
anyone watch "the sarah connor chronicles"
just wondered what you thought?

Fast_Ian
23rd February 2008, 11:08
anyone watch "the sarah connor chronicles"
just wondered what you thought?

Have seen up to episode 5 and enjoyed them so far.

Much better than T3 IMHO :D

dune
23rd February 2008, 11:19
Have seen up to episode 5 and enjoyed them so far.

Much better than T3 IMHO :D

i've only seen the first one as i like to watch them on the big tv and not the pc. I enjoyed the first one but will have to get used to the new sarah and john

its on again tonight on virgin 1 at 8pm if you missed it

Fast_Ian
23rd February 2008, 12:20
i've only seen the first one as i like to watch them on the big tv and not the pc. I enjoyed the first one but will have to get used to the new sarah and john

its on again tonight on virgin 1 at 8pm if you missed it

I agree, you'd lose a lot by viewing on a small screen so I convert to DVD format and watch on the TV. I expect you already know this but you can also get DVD players that can play DivX and XviD downloads directly without conversion. Either way you get the best of both worlds, big screen viewing without waiting weeks (sometimes even months :mad:) for the latest episodes of your favorite shows to make it here.

I hated the way they killed off Sarah "off screen" in T3 so am glad she's back even with a different actress playing her. The characterisation is different of course but it works for me :).

dune
17th April 2008, 13:06
series 2 of heroes starts on bbc2 on the 24th of april

fluffybunny
17th April 2008, 13:21
I downloaded the second series (:behindsofa:) and i'm hooked again!

dune
17th April 2008, 13:25
I downloaded the second series (:behindsofa:) and i'm hooked again!

i bet you open your chrissie prezzies early too :)

fluffybunny
17th April 2008, 13:33
i bet you open your chrissie prezzies early too :)

no i dont funnily enough.... i do pick them up and have a "feel" but dont open them :)

i have downloaded it but we're just watching an episode every few days when there's nothing else on :)

hooked up the PC to the Xbox 360 so can view it on the tv !

amanda22
17th April 2008, 14:30
series 2 of heroes starts on bbc2 on the 24th of april

Excellent, I loved the last series, apparently it says the first one is set in the past. Very exciting.:)

I hope Peter comes back he was my favourite last time.

colman
17th April 2008, 14:31
can't wait for it to start, really excited...its my fav programme on tv...

hidetheplastic
17th April 2008, 14:32
Can't wait :)

Beccah
17th April 2008, 14:32
Excellent, I loved the last series, apparently it says the first one is set in the past. Very exciting.:)

I hope Peter comes back he was my favourite last time.

Me too!! Love, love peter! Though Hiro was utterly adorable.

amanda22
17th April 2008, 14:39
Yes Hiro & his friend were hilarious, they really made the programme great. I think theres some new ones coming as well, I don't want to look on the internet too much in case I find out something that spoils the surprises......:)

cerys
17th April 2008, 18:10
Lookin forward to the new series of Heroes! Peter is fab, hiro and sidekick are sooooo funny :)

fluffybunny
17th April 2008, 18:35
ive seen a few episodes of the new series

i wont let on whats happened so far but its just as good as the first series :)

you won't be disappointed!!!!!

spareshoe
17th April 2008, 18:37
I love it but couldn't wait to watch so have watched the second series it was fab, I will still watch on bbc2 when it comes back on, though.

amanda22
24th April 2008, 16:37
Just a little reminder for tonight.:)

dune
24th April 2008, 21:00
starting now

charlie123
24th April 2008, 21:23
starting now

thanks for the reminder. just realised its on again. only missed the first 20 mins, never mind:(

junglie
24th April 2008, 21:48
Feel really left out...Oh loves it..mum and brother love it . I just think its stupid. I must be missing something????? Every time it's on I just think Its a bit of a comedy and the actings wooden. Has to be me though I'm sure. It gets more and more bizarre and daft by the episode. Really strange as it's the only thing me and my oh disagree on (hmmm I do like peter and katie the next chapter rubbish though!)

Polo
24th April 2008, 21:53
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO

Three flippin' phone calls so missed most of it :( Luckily had set the tape so will catch up tomorrow...... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Beccah
25th April 2008, 01:10
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO

Three flippin' phone calls so missed most of it :( Luckily had set the tape so will catch up tomorrow...... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Has exactly the same reaction at the end of the episode...well that and and " Phooorrrr, Peter is still soooooooooooooooooooooo yummy" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hidetheplastic
25th April 2008, 01:30
Loved it - watched both episodes and Skyplused them.

M3chanical_animal
27th April 2008, 17:58
I missed the first 10 mins of it - but thought what I saw was pretty good - didn't watch the 2nd episode tho.

And yes, Peter looked better at the end of this episode than he did last series ;)

Beccah
27th April 2008, 22:42
I missed the first 10 mins of it - but thought what I saw was pretty good - didn't watch the 2nd episode tho.

And yes, Peter looked better at the end of this episode than he did last series ;)

I do of course, watch heroes for the thrilling action and gripping storylines....I just love to ogle Peter at the same time :D:D:D