PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling A Holiday.........

Miss Wetwipe
27th November 2007, 13:35
I need to cancel a holiday that I have booked next year paid for with Deals. It will be for a coverable reason so I know that I will get the majority of the Deals back - but what happens then? The holiday was paid for over about 12 different accounts, I have no idea what Deal number was is tied in with which account - I will be unable at this stage to cancel and re-book at a later time. Without having to call customer services via each account what can I do? Has anybody else had to go through this?

Very much needing your help

Thank you

Miss Wetwipe :(

Maverick
27th November 2007, 13:37
Sorry to hear this Miss wetwipe, who are you booked with and who are you insured with?

Miss Wetwipe
27th November 2007, 13:38
Sorry to hear this Miss wetwipe, who are you booked with and who are you insured with?

Thanks Maverick. Have booked with Cosmos and took out insurance with them at the same time - the company is Rock.

Maverick
27th November 2007, 13:40
If its cosmos, it does not state on the invoice paid for in deals, so, you may get cash back, but if its in time you only lose a certain amount, I would call Rock. Let us know how you get on.

Miss Wetwipe
27th November 2007, 13:42
Thanks very much Maverick. If it did come back to me in cash that would be fantastic! I'll have to give it a couple of weeks before I call them though, just need to sort a few things out but I will definitely post my progress on here for anyone else needing to do the same thing. I had a horrible feeling my Deals would be lost forever................ :(

Thanks again :hug:

Maverick
27th November 2007, 13:45
Im sure not we will get it sorted on way or another. I hope the reason isnt too serious. :hug:

kmdply
27th November 2007, 14:41
I had to cancel flights with XL in the summer. The deals were from 4 accounts but I ordered them all through 1 account.
Xl sent them back to tesco and they credited them to the account I had ordered them from and I got them all back on my next statement.

kmdply
27th November 2007, 14:54
:shocked: I thought they had to be ordered from their original account? :confused-2:

I made a mistake by putting them all through in one order, but they were all the same surname and same address.

Miss Wetwipe
27th November 2007, 15:47
Mine are spread over 3 addresses! :(

chirpy007
27th November 2007, 17:59
hope everything is ok xxxx

stinky minky
2nd December 2007, 20:34
would this be a way to launder deals? sorry miss wetwipe I hope you sort this out, but imagine the posibilities if you booked a holiday with cosmos and took out the travel insurance, then canceled and had the holiday refunded in cash!

Waterfall
2nd December 2007, 20:40
would this be a way to launder deals? sorry miss wetwipe I hope you sort this out, but imagine the posibilities if you booked a holiday with cosmos and took out the travel insurance, then canceled and had the holiday refunded in cash! :nono: :nono: :nono: Insurance will only pay up if you have a valid reason covered by their T&C's and you would need to prove your reason.

stinky minky
2nd December 2007, 21:12
:nono: :nono: :nono: Insurance will only pay up if you have a valid reason covered by their T&C's and you would need to prove your reason.

oh yes, I never thought of that:der::der::der::der:

99redballs
3rd December 2007, 23:56
you could try impailing yourself on some railings and then have the need for major surgery. this could render yourself unable to fly, if you had your accident 1week before???
but then again it's a bit drastic!

99redballs
3rd December 2007, 23:58
you would also need to avoid major arteries!

oooh this m+s vanilla and white choc liquer is nice.... hic..

Mamzie
4th December 2007, 00:11
As a long standing member of PTS, I would like to say that us oldies don't advise impailing yourself on any sort of railings, as this may raise your profile with your GP as an avid CC points chaser.

(Baileys not bad either, cheers)

la60
4th December 2007, 08:36
you could try impailing yourself on some railings and then have the need for major surgery. this could render yourself unable to fly, if you had your accident 1week before???
but then again it's a bit drastic!

lol your all nutters :D But i bet someone has tried it - have a look here http://www.bebo.com/Blog.jsp?MemberId=896993205

Maverick
4th December 2007, 09:39
As a long standing member of PTS, I would like to say that us oldies don't advise impailing yourself on any sort of railings, as this may raise your profile with your GP as an avid CC points chaser.

(Baileys not bad either, cheers)

:pound:

Miss Wetwipe
8th January 2008, 16:16
Just to let you know what happened............

A few days before I was going to call Cosmos to tell them I had to cancel I received a lovely letter from them saying that the holiday that I had booked was no longer available, but they had an alternative for me. If I was happy to go ahead with the substitution then I was to do nothing, but if I wanted to cancel with a FULL refund to let them know!!! Of course I sent the letter back saying that I wanted to cancel - about 2 weeks passed and I received the insurance premium back into my bank account but was told the balance (over ?3000) was returned back to Tesco's !! Time will tell if I will ever see those points again!!!

Maverick
8th January 2008, 16:18
Im sure you will. How many weeks :preggers: would you be for the holiday?

Miss Wetwipe
8th January 2008, 16:19
Im sure you will. How many weeks :preggers: would you be for the holiday?

35 weeks!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Deedee
8th January 2008, 16:20
Im sure not we will get it sorted on way or another. I hope the reason isnt too serious. :hug:

hee hee Mav! I'm assuming MissWW it's because of Baby wetwipe's arrival!?!

Miss Wetwipe
8th January 2008, 16:21
hee hee Mav! I'm assuming MissWW it's because of Baby wetwipe's arrival!?!

Yeah, absolutely typical!!!!!! Waited 34 years to have a dream holiday and 3 weeks after I book it I find out I'm up the duff!!!!!!! :o

Maverick
8th January 2008, 16:21
Didnt know then! :lol:

Maverick
8th January 2008, 16:22
Could you rebook to go away soon ish, get a last child free holiday in, or would it make you nervous to go away?

Miss Wetwipe
8th January 2008, 16:25
Could you rebook to go away soon ish, get a last child free holiday in, or would it make you nervous to go away?

No I wouldn't - I wouldn't be able to totally relax, wouldn't be able to drink, be frightened to do any watersports - and if anything was to go wrong I would brick it being in a foreign country. If I get all my points recredited (dubious) I will just hire a chalet at Butlins for a year instead! :o

Maverick
8th January 2008, 16:32
No point if you couldnt relax.
How about a nice few weekends away Hilton or something, london and a show or whatever.

marmaliser
8th January 2008, 16:35
You need to do soemthing special WW as from D-Day onwards its sleepless nights and nappies. 34 years eh same age as me :)

Maverick
8th January 2008, 16:37
All the best peeps are 34

Miss Wetwipe
8th January 2008, 17:01
You need to do soemthing special WW as from D-Day onwards its sleepless nights and nappies. 34 years eh same age as me :)

Winning the league will be enough for me !!! :rolleyes:

tigger74
8th January 2008, 18:07
I'll be one of the best from March then :)

Deedee
8th January 2008, 18:32

I agree totally with that statement!! But I have been informed this is due to change to "All the best peeps are 35" later in the year!! :D