PDA

View Full Version : Has Pts made a major difference in your life?

ninja_ang
30th November 2007, 13:20
Pts has done so much for me, I have made friends, booked a hols, got a ring, got cheap shopping, gone for meals out etc, all thanks to the peeps on here.

But the thing that pts has done for me that is amazing is:
I have taught my dad the ways of pts and he has saved enough points to book himself in tomorrow for the quit smoking course that you can buy with deals!!!
My dad has been a smoker for 45 years, so if this is successful I will have even more to thank pts, posters and mods for!!!!

So what has pts done for you that has really changed your life or the people around you?
xxxx

Grace & Favour
30th November 2007, 13:41
What a great use of points . .

I don't think anyone can put them to better use than that ninja!!!!!!!!!

Unintended Muse
30th November 2007, 15:32
PTS has given me a boost too... sad as it may be that Tescoing with intent should be seen as a way of improving your life, lol.

There's been the money saved with couponing, which has been a real help, and the bargains found.
Thanks to having boosted my points total, we had 3 outings paid for while we were on holiday in Cornwall, only having to add small amounts on 2 days. This made our holiday much more affordable and gave the opportunity to do things we may not otherwise have done.
Thanks to last quarters points I'm confident of a holiday next year, albeit in the UK, which we would otherwise not have had, plus we will no doubt be able to add days out/meals too.
Having become very jaded and cynical about other sites I had visited, PTS showed me that there are successful, well run, friendly forums out there still, that have not been spoiled.
I've been off sick all week, so have spent more time on here than usual and have found lots to entertain & inform.. as well as issues to ponder on.. while I passed the time.
I've also found a lovely, friendly bunch of people who are always quick to help and support one another.
And last but not least.. lots of laughs.

NitWit
30th November 2007, 16:48
I have to say I agree with what UM has said. (And I hope your feeling better hun :hug:)

I find now that I don't bother with other forums as this feels like home. It has everything I need and even if I was having a Tesco's break, I would still be on here cause of the members.

sunflower
30th November 2007, 16:58
Agree with other posters - a really friendly site - saved me a fortune - I feel I can ask a question however small and be sure of an answer.

Downside is the amount of time I am on the computer these days, but hey ho.

Deedee
30th November 2007, 16:58
It's just so blinkin nice on here! Everyone is lovely, everyone is helpful, I spend more time talking to you lot then I do to my non virtual friends! Says a lot doesn't it?

I've saved money
I've gained points
I've lost weight
I've put some of it back on
My house is clean
My brain isn't full of crap, I just come on here and post and a problem shared n' all that.
I've posted get wells to people I've never met ***Waves at Ashley***
Made some good friends (I hope)
Picked up loads of help

So has PTS made a major change to my life? OH YES! AND ITS ONE OF THE BEST CHANGES EVER!

AND I LOVE YOU ALL!

far canel
30th November 2007, 17:04
My wife and kids think I have become more sad:eek:
think I will just get a 2 seater car

artydoll
30th November 2007, 17:37
I really love PTS
Gives me more answers to my questions, however small
Gives me extra spending,due to mocs
Gives me loads of lovely virtual friends,I'm an oap ,
Gives me extra money,when I sell my deals vouchers ,I used to get ?7 to ?10 ,this time I got ?120.

dune
30th November 2007, 18:01
i used to hang out on a few of the other forums chasing bargains and mis-prices. But i always felt it was quite lonely. Where as here it feels nice and friendly and homely.
Although i have never met anyone from here i feel like i have lots of friends and 99% of the time everyone gets on great

I gained heck of a lot more points than i ever could have achieved on my own
Got lots of money saving tips
Chat to lots of nice people
In return i try and help as many people here as i can and i also enjoy doing it

Polo
30th November 2007, 18:12
Ahhh,,,,, you guys are making me blub..... yes its changed my life too.....although my hubby thinks you are all imaginery and I get funny looks when I say things like 'numpty said.....' or 'unintended muse sent me....' etc etc.

Yes the only downside is my hubby gets neglected, and so does the house!

andylaine
30th November 2007, 18:59
Without sounding over dramatic, finding PTS saved my sanity. After working all my life, 18 months ago I had to take early retirement. Id had a degenerative illness for a few years prior to that but it got a lot worse and reluctantly I had to accept that I just couldnt keep on working.
Finishing work meant a drastic cut in income so had to get rid of one of the cars. Hubby needs a car for his work so that left me stuck. Ive always been a 'doer' and just couldnt handle being in the house all of the time. Daytime tv just doesnt do anything for me and friends are all at work during the day.

GP kept telling me I was depressed but I wouldnt have it, but looking back I can see he was probably right. Anyway, I found PTS one day and something clicked. I started off just reading but then a very kind lady pmd me out of the blue and encouraged me to join in and Ive never looked back. Ive even started using my brain again working out how to get the most points for the least spend :)

Thanks everyone.

shopsomemore
30th November 2007, 19:39
Ahhh,,,,, you guys are making me blub..... yes its changed my life too.....although my hubby thinks you are all imaginery and I get funny looks when I say things like 'numpty said.....' or 'unintended muse sent me....' etc etc.

Could not agree more!!!!!!
Also all the other wonderful posts:love:

glo
30th November 2007, 22:18
It certainly has!! I am glad I can share information and thoughts with so many people who are always eager to answer! My husband used to take the pxx , thinking how sad it is to talk about tesco points. I don?t care tough, I think he is probably jealous I ignore him in the evenings while I am glued to my computer

borderlakeland
30th November 2007, 23:07
since i joined pts i've learnt so much,saved heaps,met some very special people(you know who YOU are:p)converted oh into collecting points(still working on moc with him)
pts is such a friendly warm place what ever the topic might be
hope i have helped in small ways as well

angel,dust
30th November 2007, 23:07
well after quite a few years of saving for an engagement ring only for a huge bill to drop on the door mat (car breakdown,CC etc) every time we thought we were getting somewhere OH clicked about a month after I joined PTS (had the glazed look for a short while:rolleyes:) that he could get one from goldsmiths. he says he will hopefully (come on 1000 code) have enough by feb mailing to go and buy one and I already have enough to buy the wedding rings!! Im now saving towards the wedding

Unintended Muse
30th November 2007, 23:46

Funny you should say that.. after hearing me refer to posters by their site names for ages now, oh finally asked me last week what my nickname on here is.. :confused: :shocked:

Hes used to the idea of "real" people on the 'Net though, as I have met friends I've made on a previous message board, who progressed to msn, before meeting them.

Polo
30th November 2007, 23:50
Funny you should say that.. after hearing me refer to posters by their site names for ages now, oh finally asked me last week what my nickname on here is.. :confused: :shocked:

Hes used to the idea of "real" people on the 'Net though, as I have met friends I've made on a previous message board, who progressed to msn, before meeting them.

That's funny, as I was Polo when I met him, I'm sure he'd know thats my nickname!!!

I think its funny how some peeps shorten it to Polo, instead of Polotoo... I don't mind as that was my original name but couldn't get an email address with it so added the too and it stuck!

Unintended Muse
1st December 2007, 00:08
If he had seen my name on here, he may well have guess it was me from the Muse part of it. Its quite different from previous site names I've used... they used to be much more "biting".. lol

tiger
1st December 2007, 16:14
There are so many things that this site has helped me with, Tesco points and all the rewards from it, electrical appliances, furniture, magazines and holidays.
There there is cashback and money earned from surveys, and daily clicks, Boots advantage points and Nectar points. As a pensioner, all these things make a huge difference to me. My Christmas shopping this year has been pretty much covered by gift vouchers and points.
Like most people though, the biggest advantage is my friends on here and I know there are some people who cringe at how we are always patting each other on the back and saying what a nice bunch the members on here are, but I truly mean it. We may not always agree with the opinion of some members but we usually agree to disagree and still support one another. There are people who I can tell anything to and know that they will be supportive and will keep things to themselves. There are so many generous people too who share what they have with people they've never met.

Dominic
1st December 2007, 16:58
Well as you know I am one to speak my mind, and have no doubt annoyed a few people on here but as time has gone on I have mellowed (a little!) and learnt a lot. I think a lot of my sometimes aggressive style was as I came here from MSE, but in all honesty I never post there anymore and very seldom look and now try to see all sides of discussions.

I have had some massive help from people here, lots of very good advice, and have saved loads of money and made some too (via Quidco) thanks to Claire (Wham) who gave me a lot of help and pushed me to look for some good deals. Now I am hooked!

I haven't met anyone yet, but speak regularly to 'Floosy' and have exchanged some lovely PM's with people including some near to me.

It is also a brilliant way to get answers, day or night someone will be here to answer questions.

The Mods do a fantastic job, I might not always have agreed with their actions at first but when the red mist clears I usually do!

I'd feel sad if PTS wasn't here now. Whilst we don't always agree we almost always value everyone's opinions.

Oh yes, and sometimes it has nearly made me cry..... some of the posts about relationships and illnesses have been very moving. I'm a bloke and blokes don't cry do they? Yeah right!

So yes its made a big difference to me. Thanks everyone :love:

pammy
1st December 2007, 18:04
MY 1000th post!!!!!!!!

I love this site, for one thing we are going on holiday AI for the first time ever, would never have afforded that. My kids are getting loads of stuff for xmas.

there are fantastic ideas and advice here that you might not sometimes want to ask your nearest and dearest. I love reading about all your ups and downs, its like I have an extended family.
I love the warmth of this site and how everyone gets together when someone is down or miserable or suffering.

I have met some lovely people from this site as well and hope to meet many more,

Well done mods for keeping us all together, without you this would not be possible and sometimes it looks like it goes unnoticed but it surely doesnt, so thank you

ninja_ang
1st December 2007, 18:23
I'm so pleased that this thread is getting some good replies, it's nice to hear them, my dad is finishing his no smoking class at 6 really looking forward to speaking to him tommorrow to find out if he has stopped!
xxxx

numpty
1st December 2007, 18:36

Me talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure your not confusing me with someone else??:D:D:p :behindsofa::behindsofa::D:D

M3chanical_animal
1st December 2007, 19:26
Great thread ninja :)

As well as all the obvious points, holidays, cashback etc PTS has also helped me grow up and mature over the past year. Its allowed me to constantly talk to such a range of people that I would never normally meet and faced situations and issues experienced by those on the site - it has given me a great perspective on life and has taught me to always see the other side of any issue.

Thanks to all you PTSer's for sharing your life experiences with me :)

Grace & Favour
2nd December 2007, 10:58
My wife and kids think I have become more sad:eek:
think I will just get a 2 seater car

Pithy!:D

Polo
2nd December 2007, 11:10
Thanks to all you PTSer's for sharing your life experiences with me :)

Feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, and don't think its to do with the wine this time.....

Awwwww, you guys are all fantastic.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

shoppaholic45
2nd December 2007, 12:06
This site has really helped me and my oh, we save money with mocs, have collected more points than we ever have. When i have needed advice with my dog and other things people on here have always been great and helped me. Everyone has made me feel welcome and i feel part of the pts family. Now hopefully we will be able to pay for a holiday next year with points, which is great for us as we are saving for our wedding, and we are hoping to pay for our honeymoon with points too which will save us some money. I have stacks of toltries which normally i would have to get them when we run out. Our dog is happy as he gets lots of treats from tesco, ive had one gift voucher from consumblers, which without this site wouldn't have happened. This site is great. Ive got my oh in to point collecting and using mocs. Thank you everyone sending hugs

polkadot
3rd December 2007, 21:55
can i ask how your dad got on with the no smoking- alan carr?
Am booked in for mine next week - just hope it really does work as well as ive been tol

question was for ninja_ang-
spot the newbie!! DER

ninja_ang
3rd December 2007, 22:09
Hi Polkadot and welcome!
Well he went on Saturday and he is still not smoking, this is the first time he's been that long without a cigarrette in 45 years!
Good luck, keep us posted on how you get on! I gave up smoking 3 years ago when I found out I was pregnant with ds! Feel so much better for it now!
xxx

6lilpigs
4th December 2007, 11:06
Has PTS made a major difference to your life?

Yes. More the people than the points/offers side of things lately. I know that I have support,advice, people to laugh and cry with and a place to go for some me time away from the blessings. I think I would have gone mad by now if I didnt have you lot to talk to. Dont get big headed about it though lol!

Welcome polkadot.