PDA

View Full Version : theatre deals question

ohsobusy
1st December 2007, 09:42
I was going to give my family tickets for Billy Elliott for a christmas pressie this year. Has anyone been yet? I just wondered whether you could get tickets on a weekend or whehter they were all weekday matinees. As there would be 7 going the only time they could go together would be a Saturday or Sunday.

The ticket line is closed on a weekend or i would have rung them today.

molly316
1st December 2007, 10:14
ive got tickets for fiddler on the roof.. got them booked for saturday evening if that helps?

dd is mad on it, so going to try & arrange a whole weekend in London for her & bf in Feb .. train there, hotel overnight & the show tickets, I think she'll love it :D as its inbetween her bd and xmas

ohsobusy
1st December 2007, 10:22
thanks molly. If you can see Fiddler on a Saturday then I'm sure Billy Elliot will be available on a Saturday too. I'll get ordering those deal vouchers. It just says that there is limited availabilty so I had visions of only weekday matinees being an option.

Gotta spread some love before I can rep you though.

molly316
1st December 2007, 10:40
yea thats what I was thinking.. Youre welcome :D

M x

boysmum
1st December 2007, 14:33
You can see Billy on a Saturday but when I phoned up they did not have many blocks of seats together, we wanted five tickets and could not get five seats together

mummyglass
2nd December 2007, 12:08
I booked for a group of 6 and we were very limited to dates. We are going 29th January. However when tickets turned up we are sat either side of the gangway!
You need to phone and book seats before you order vouchers as they cannot be returned if you don't get your dates.

molly316
2nd December 2007, 13:25
theres a seating guide on the website for the Savoy, is that where Billy is on too? (if not Im sure there will be one for the theatre) and you can see where the seats are going to be.

They gave me the seat numbers on the phone when I booked the seats

if theres a few of you going, it might be an idea to look?

M x

Raffles
2nd December 2007, 19:20
Billy is in an odd spot - down by Victoria Station. It is nowhere near the West End / Covent Garden.

Billy is still the heaviest booked show in London, I think, so consider yourself lucky to get anything on Deals for a Saturday. It is fantastic, though - far better than the film.

sylwright
6th December 2007, 12:32
I want tickets for Dirty Dancing having just booked cheap train tickets for day trip to London. Want the Friday matinee but the tickets available are ?60ish with ?15 booking fee each ticket.

I might use some deals vouchers to get them is its possible.

mummyglass
7th December 2007, 03:28
I want tickets for Dirty Dancing having just booked cheap train tickets for day trip to London. Want the Friday matinee but the tickets available are ?60ish with ?15 booking fee each ticket.

I might use some deals vouchers to get them is its possible.

Not at the moment. It is only Billy Elliot and fiddler on the Roof.