PDA

View Full Version : Looking for restaurant near Tower of London

tyroleandancer
1st December 2007, 15:58
Booked ice skating for New Years Eve at the Tower of London
A novice when it comes to London dining using deals
Ideally we would like to eat near the Tower

I have searched London eating guide but as street names don't mean a lot it is proving difficult

Bertorelli I believe has a restaurant not far away

we want to watch the fireworks on the Emankment so a restaurant between there and the Tower would be ok

marmaliser
1st December 2007, 16:35
Pizza Hut:p . Mind you don't slip whilst skaiting and fall of the tower:p

boffin
1st December 2007, 16:53
Booked ice skating for New Years Eve at the Tower of London
A novice when it comes to London dining using deals
Ideally we would like to eat near the Tower

I have searched London eating guide but as street names don't mean a lot it is proving difficult

Bertorelli I believe has a restaurant not far away

we want to watch the fireworks on the Emankment so a restaurant between there and the Tower would be ok

Bertorelli's has a branch on Mincing Lane, which is a 5 minute walk away (about as close as you could get to the Tower).

Raffles
1st December 2007, 18:00
You cannot see the fireworks well from the Tower. The Thames bends so much that you can't see directly down there.

There is a Pizza Express opposite the Tower, and a Wagamama. If you want to blow a pile of cash, the Conran restaurants across the bridge (Pont De La Tour, Blueprint Cafe, Butlers Wharf Chop House) usually have a New Years Eve event on - we used to go every year when we lived at that end of town.

The real issue on NYE is finding a restaurant that has not tripled its prices and vastly shrunk its menu options ..... If the Pizza Express opposite is open, its probably your best bet. You can then get a tube down to Embankment for the fireworks. There is another Pizza Express over the bridge in Butlers Wharf. There is also a Strada next to the Mayors Office directly over the bridge which will probably be open - the Strada is open Christmas Day, unbelievably (for a non residential area).

flossycandy
1st December 2007, 18:20
There is a Weatherspoons just across the road. Lovely food and good prices as well.

tyroleandancer
1st December 2007, 23:06
Thanks all very helpful :)