PDA

View Full Version : Going to Frankfurt next weekend - any ideas what to do?

*debbie*
4th December 2007, 21:09
Hi, I've always wanted to go to a German Christmas market so, with the proceeds of car boots with Mr T toiletries, my friend and I are going to Frankfurt next Saturday for the weekend.

Obviously there is only so much time two women can spend buying Christmas goodies ;), so does anyone have any ideas what else we should do / see when we are there? I understand it has a thriving red light district, but not quite our scene :o !! Other than that, all ideas gratefully recieved....

Deedee
4th December 2007, 21:17
ah you only live once, go for the red lights! lol

borderlakeland
4th December 2007, 21:24
make the most of duty free....?guess thats not that helpful:o

try this site
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187337-Activities-Frankfurt_Hesse.html

or this one
http://www.hostelbookers.com/info/guides/17105592/frankfurt_things_to_do.htm

no doubt someone who has been there before will come along and give better ideas;)

ben500
4th December 2007, 21:26
Buy yourself a wii and make the trip pay for itself.

shopsomemore
4th December 2007, 21:30
Eat some sausages!!

*debbie*
4th December 2007, 21:40
I like the sound of the cheese that is the speciality there - with vinegar and onions - it is called Handkas mit Musik because of the effect it has on the bowels....! Probably not a popular move as I'm sharing a room!

Are Wii's much cheaper there then? I must admit I was thinking of buying one as they sound fun, but the price (and availability) put me off.

Raffles
5th December 2007, 09:58
Frankfurt is a bit dull, to be honest - its a business center and not much more. However, there is a decent run of museums on the south bank of the river - albeit nothing exceptional - and a modest (fully restored after the war) old town. Shopping is not too bad.

*debbie*
5th December 2007, 11:30
Oh, thats why there were penny flights to be had then!! Still, a weekend with no kids or jusbands has got to be worth it, even if it is in a less than exciting place!