PDA

View Full Version : Cosmos holiday Xmas - can I sell it on Ebay?

jujuju
7th December 2007, 11:04
Hi,

I've booked a Cosmos holiday in Lanzarote on 27th Jan for a week through deals for my family , but think we may have to cancel :(

Question - Can I sell the holiday on Ebay? Would Cosmos allow me to change alter names to allow other people to take our places? I would like some kind of refund and can see selling the holiday as our only way of doing this.

SuzyWoo
7th December 2007, 11:07
If you have to cancel and have insurance that should pay out? Assuming you used one of the companies that covers you for deals.

suziq
7th December 2007, 11:08
difficult one, try ringing them first to see if refund is allowed. have you insurance which covers deals?

jujuju
7th December 2007, 11:09
Yes - but you need a legit reason for cancelling. There are many small reasons why we have to cancel, but nothing that be covered by insurance.

jujuju
7th December 2007, 11:10
difficult one, try ringing them first to see if refund is allowed. have you insurance which covers deals?

Have called them but they reakon I would only get somthing like 25% of the holiday cost back

SuzyWoo
7th December 2007, 11:16
You'll have to ring them to ask about changing names I think.

meemo38
7th December 2007, 11:41
If the reason isnt financial could you change the dates of the holiday and take it later in the year when you dont have so much on, i suspect there will still be a charge to change/amend the details to other people.
Michelle

Miss Wetwipe
7th December 2007, 12:33
I've got to cancel my Cosmos holiday in May too - took out the insurance with them at the time of booking. I'm assuming 25% as you are close to the departure date but if it is a coverable reason 25% seems rather harsh!!!

Raffles
7th December 2007, 13:07
If you get 25% back, in cash, then you're getting back the face value of your deals tokens which seems like a very good deal, to be honest, if you have no medical reason to cancel. If you'd booked a flight directly with the airline and prepaid for a hotel, you wouldn't get a penny back.

jujuju
7th December 2007, 18:19
Called Cosmos and they say I can change the names (i.e. assign the holiday) so I'm now thinking of selling on ebay. The cost of the holiday was ?2200, so I am sure I can sell it for ?1000 - decent return. Alternatively changing the date would also be an option.

hollowhead
7th December 2007, 18:22
had you paid in full or just the deposit?

almond
7th December 2007, 18:42
Called Cosmos and they say I can change the names (i.e. assign the holiday) so I'm now thinking of selling on ebay. The cost of the holiday was ?2200, so I am sure I can sell it for ?1000 - decent return. Alternatively changing the date would also be an option.

ask if you can change the date and season (nov-apr winter may -oct ) summer. find out what the admin charge is since it might be worth just
delaying the holiday. If you want to let me know what the holiday is
i can see what the prices are like with other operators so you will have an
idea if it will sell etc

thehagman
7th December 2007, 20:18
Be a bit clever and say you have to cancel but would like to book a more expensive holiday at date to suit, you know how greedy travel agents are they may just think of extra ? signs. Its worth a try but you may have to pay extra in cash unless you are lucky and accept more deal tokens.

Polo
7th December 2007, 23:54
Hey jujuju, cosmos have said you can get the names changed? Thats great!

I'm only slightly puzzled, as if thats the case why can't we book the holiday in whatever name our clubcard vouchers are in (for multiple account users) and then change at a later date..... presumably just for the admin charge? Sounds like a bit of an unlikely loophole to me....

jujuju
14th December 2007, 14:25
Now remains to be seen whther Cosmos will play ball by changing the names - fingers crossed X

DebbieE
14th December 2007, 14:29
Brilliant - did u get what u wanted for it?

jujuju
14th December 2007, 14:35
Yes- ?1050 (charged the extra ?50 to cover ebay costs). Very pleased, as long as all the rest is sorted

jujuju
17th December 2007, 17:32
All sorted - have sold the holiday, had the names changed and been given cash in hand. Polotoo, guess there is a loophole!

Many thanks to all for advice

Khufu
17th December 2007, 18:26
All sorted - have sold the holiday, had the names changed and been given cash in hand. Polotoo, guess there is a loophole!

wow that is incredible - might be worth thinking about this rather than becoming a used car salesperson

rach109
17th December 2007, 18:26

fab news :)

boysmum
17th December 2007, 19:43
Glad it all worked out ok

Flo
17th December 2007, 20:57
wow that is incredible - might be worth thinking about this rather than becoming a used car salesperson

lol, :D

Polo
17th December 2007, 20:59
Wow - well done you!

jujuju
18th December 2007, 18:58
OK Update - got called by Cosmos an couple of hours ago saying that the holiday cannot be assigned after all. The finance dept. decided that because the holiday was booked using clubcard deals, it didn't conform to standard terms and conditions.

Having spoken and confirmed the assignment through 4 different members of staff, I am amazed by the lack of knowledge of deals within Cosmos. Did point out though that although I booked using deals, all of the contract terms and conditions I have been sent out since booking have all been standard Cosmos terms (surely indicating that the Tesco deals T&Cs had been replaced by standard). However I'm no lawyer and they have offered to move the holiday till next Oct for me, so they have done something to make amends.

Now all that remains is to contact the poor chap who bought the holiday from me (and was with me when we assigned the holiday on the telephone with Cosmos) and give him his money back.

Lessons learnt!

jujuju

mutley muppet
18th December 2007, 19:09
Oh, I'm really sorry for you jujuju. :(

If only Cosmos had given you the corect information at the start! :rolleyes:

MM. x

jujuju
18th December 2007, 19:20
In some ways I don't mind because it means we can take our ?2200 holiday in Oct rather than take ?1100 in cash. It just goes to show though that when Tesco deals are involved, staff just don't seem to know what they are doing. I'm just gutted for the poor guy who was going to surprise his girlfriend with a holiday on Xmas day.

mutley muppet
18th December 2007, 19:24
I'm just gutted for the poor guy who was going to surprise his girlfriend with a holiday on Xmas day.

Tell him to check out Travel republic - they are pretty cheap and have a good selection of holidays.

jen
18th December 2007, 19:24
How annoying especially when they have confirmed it 4 times, still at least they are letting you move the holiday to October so you have that to look forward to.

Polo
18th December 2007, 19:29
Oh what a shame. I was afraid something like this would happen, but at least you found out now, and not when they tried to get on the plane.

At least you get to enjoy your holiday!

jujuju
18th December 2007, 19:43
Oh what a shame. I was afraid something like this would happen, but at least you found out now, and not when they tried to get on the plane.

At least you get to enjoy your holiday!

True, then we would have both lost out. Quite looking forward to Oct 27th now! I think that if they hadn't messed me about quite so much that they may not have transferred the date - so maybe their incompetence has paid off.