PDA

View Full Version : Tefal Actifry

TetrisX
8th December 2007, 16:56
Just bought one of these an unfortunately it did not come with instructions or the recipe book.

It looks a doddle to use anyway, but I just need to know if there is anything I need to do before using it, like a first run with no contents etc, you know the normal stuff when you buy something new.

If anyone here has one of these, it would be much appreciated if you could post and let me know if there is anything I need to do before first use.

Thanks!

Grace & Favour
8th December 2007, 17:57
Hi TetrisX

Have a look on here my friend . . . . Actifry FAQ's (http://www.tefal.com/All+Products/Cooking+appliances/Fryers/Products/ActiFry/Actifry.htm)

TetrisX
8th December 2007, 18:18
Thanks, already been there. Unfortunately the Actifry instructions are not on their site :(

jen
8th December 2007, 18:30
I have just looked on their site to see what this is and the instructions are on the righthand side, you click them to download.:)

djl1963
8th December 2007, 18:54
This looks interesting. Do the chips really taste OK?

Gizmos
8th December 2007, 18:55
this was on one of the gadget shows last weekend - really looks a good idea and a healthy way of doing chips - seemed to get good reviews as well

Gizmos
8th December 2007, 19:00
INStructions (http://www.tefal.com/Consumer+service/Use+instructions/Home+Use+Instructions.htm?DdlFamily={20BEA180-ED9B-4B74-9DD8-F1A50651F75F})

TetrisX
8th December 2007, 20:39
Thanks, but all those links just take you to the instructions download page, and the Actifry isn't there!

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions but no need to worry now. I took the unit back just now and got it replaced with another that had the full instruction set. Seems that the unit I purchased had been returned before as the box I got was taped and all the rest were glued. Hence all the missing bits :(

Panic over, thanks again.

Grace & Favour
8th December 2007, 20:44
Thanks, but all those links just take you to the instructions download page, and the Actifry isn't there!

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions but no need to worry now. I took the unit back just now and got it replaced with another that had the full instruction set. Seems that the unit I purchased had been returned before as the box I got was taped and all the rest were glued. Hence all the missing bits :(

Panic over, thanks again.

Delighted you're sorted - now - if you copy the instructions on to the forum - we can see if we all want one too!:D

TetrisX
8th December 2007, 20:48
I'll do better than that, when I make some I will take a video and post a link. The only vids I found about it were sales shows and the actual Tefal video, no real life!

TetrisX
8th December 2007, 22:19
No not at all. Was a perfectly legitimate purchase.

KRYSIA0508
11th December 2007, 14:39
Tefal Actifry is going to be the Pick of the Day on Ideal World TV (Sky 634) on Friday 14th so I am sure there will be plenty of demonstrations and hints and tips to help you.

Deejay74uk
23rd February 2009, 17:03
Hi i am also thinking of buying 1 of these but are they any good ??

scrumpyjane
23rd February 2009, 17:29
They do look good but i'm sure i saw a programme, may have been watchdog, a while ago about them catching on fire :eek:. Thought i'd mention it so people can be extra vigilant when using them. Though it was a while back so they would have sorted out the problem you'd have thought.

pookienoodle
23rd February 2009, 18:00
They do look good but i'm sure i saw a programme, may have been watchdog, a while ago about them catching on fire :eek:. Thought i'd mention it so people can be extra vigilant when using them. Though it was a while back so they would have sorted out the problem you'd have thought.

I saw the same program,tefal seemed to be denying there was a problem even though watchdog had lots of the same complaint and an independant safety officer said there was a problem.

pookienoodle
23rd February 2009, 18:01
see here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2008/11/chip_pans_up_in_smoke.html

suziq
23rd February 2009, 18:03
and tell us how the chips are! if it's good enuf for suzy perry........

Deejay74uk
23rd February 2009, 18:12

what else can u cook in them ??

BritBrat
23rd February 2009, 18:47
Mind it don't catch fire.

Lots have done so.

Grace & Favour
23rd February 2009, 19:23

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D