PDA

View Full Version : Fuel price protest

tiger
10th December 2007, 13:12
A group called Transaction 2007 is planning a "nationwide legal protest" this Wednesday.

petrolprices.com (http://www.petrolprices.com/blog/petrol-price-protests-planned-for-this-wednesday-86.html)

angel,dust
10th December 2007, 13:15
-
BREAKING NEWS
----

UPDATE: This morning (10/12/07) Transaction 2007 announced a firm date for the protest. Protests will start Saturday 15th December 2007 at 10:00am. They say the date was decided by members as "the best possible to enable those who would normally be working during the week to attend." According to a press release on the site, they plan to protest outside refineries or storage depots across the country.

http://www.transaction-2007.com/

thehagman
10th December 2007, 13:20
my local tesco have installed the creditcard only type station so employs no staff, but unleaded is 102.9 while morrisons about half a mile away is 100.9 a litre.
Surely with no staff to pay tesco should be about 5p cheaper a litre is this the same in your area?

angel,dust
10th December 2007, 13:21
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
DID YOU KNOW THAT - UK Fuel is being squandered to America

This damning news has been brought to my attention by someone working in the petro-chemical industry in the UK who shall remain anonymous.

It is said that Phillips Petroleum in the UK are pumping oil reserves in from the Echo Frisk platform in the North Sea and supplying...wait for it...the USA with OUR fuel. It is also less widely know that the US Forces over here including their families using OUR roads are driving around at discounted fuel by OUR Government to the tune of only 80P per GALLON! Yes, GALLON not LITRE!

Basically we are supplying fuel to the USA that could be better used for our own reserves. The Echo Frisk platform is supplying to Phillips in Teeside and then being shipped across the Atlantic to the USA for them to use.

So there you have it, a Government making a shambolic gesture to its citizens. Whilst its ok to rip us UK citizens off with massive fuel taxation, it is ok for the US services and families to have fuel supplied at only 80p per gallon. I for one am certainly very unhappy at this revelation ! Yet again, Welcome to RIP OFF Britain

"TransAction 2007"
Working with the "Welsh Independent Hauliers"

Maldives
10th December 2007, 13:59
That is ridiculous, but you are right about the rip off britain!!!!

Filled both cars up at the weekend as had two of the 5p off litres that ran out yesterday...

thehagman
10th December 2007, 16:15
hi all,
heard protesters are going back to the oil refinerys saturday to protest and NOT blockade well at first anyway and is hoping for public support if you live near one.
Andrew Spense one of the leaders from last time drinks in the same club as my dad, and he heard planning mass pickets again but not to after new year as to keep public on side.

NitWit
10th December 2007, 16:17
Something definatley needs to be done. 2/3rd's of the cost of Fuel goes to the government which I think is disgraceful. Do we not pay enough for our cars already?

navara
10th December 2007, 16:20
Something definatley needs to be done. Do we not pay enough for our cars already?

Not if you pay Motorpoint with Tesco vouchers:D

Dominic
10th December 2007, 16:26

You've got a point there.....

NitWit
10th December 2007, 16:27

LoL True, but not everyone is able to unfortunatley or the cost of fuel wouldn't be an issue :(

navara
10th December 2007, 16:31
LoL True, but not everyone is able to unfortunatley or the cost of fuel wouldn't be an issue :(

Cooking oil on BOGOF with 100 points thats what we need not J&J

NatsDad
10th December 2007, 16:55
I assume you are talking about ConocoPhillips. They have one of the most advanced refineries in Europe and AFAIK they are the only refiner in the UK who can make product solely from heavy North Sea crude oil (others have to mix with imported lighter middle east oil). Over 90% of what they produce is exported and as the US is a massive importer of oil (or refined product) it would seem likely to be the destination for a US based oil company. Remember that the UK treasury taxes oil as it leaves the ground in the North Sea AND when it comes through the refinery process. The amount of fuel being produced is much more than is needed in the UK so it is the excess that is being exported and earning the UK money!

The price of fuel when you strip out UK taxes & VAT are among the lowest in the world. It is the UK duty that makes the fuel so expensive and that is down to the Government, not the oil companies or petrol stations (which tend to make very little on fuel).

As regards the US military bases they are considered US soil so are not subject to UK taxes.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
DID YOU KNOW THAT - UK Fuel is being squandered to America

This damning news has been brought to my attention by someone working in the petro-chemical industry in the UK who shall remain anonymous.

It is said that Phillips Petroleum in the UK are pumping oil reserves in from the Echo Frisk platform in the North Sea and supplying...wait for it...the USA with OUR fuel. It is also less widely know that the US Forces over here including their families using OUR roads are driving around at discounted fuel by OUR Government to the tune of only 80P per GALLON! Yes, GALLON not LITRE!

Basically we are supplying fuel to the USA that could be better used for our own reserves. The Echo Frisk platform is supplying to Phillips in Teeside and then being shipped across the Atlantic to the USA for them to use.

So there you have it, a Government making a shambolic gesture to its citizens. Whilst its ok to rip us UK citizens off with massive fuel taxation, it is ok for the US services and families to have fuel supplied at only 80p per gallon. I for one am certainly very unhappy at this revelation ! Yet again, Welcome to RIP OFF Britain

"TransAction 2007"
Working with the "Welsh Independent Hauliers"