PDA

View Full Version : stupid question

borderlakeland
10th December 2007, 22:51
guess this may be a v stupid qustion but for 1st time i'm looking at exchanging cc points for hotel deal next yr.(night away for me and oh) we can only go specific dates and get to certain hotels.
tesco website says the cc points must be converted before booking made and hotels say cc deals must be sent to them in 7/14 days of booking.
i don't want to convert deals and then find hotel's fully booked by the time i recieve them.is it poss to provisionally reserve/book using credit card details?then convert into deals.(hope that makes sense)

suziq
10th December 2007, 23:01
you can always convert em back again!

Melcatfish
10th December 2007, 23:05
guess this may be a v stupid qustion but for 1st time i'm looking at exchanging cc points for hotel deal next yr.(night away for me and oh) we can only go specific dates and get to certain hotels.
tesco website says the cc points must be converted before booking made and hotels say cc deals must be sent to them in 7/14 days of booking.
i don't want to convert deals and then find hotel's fully booked by the time i recieve them.is it poss to provisionally reserve/book using credit card details?then convert into deals.(hope that makes sense)

Why not ring and check availability and convert only if there is availability. Most people send the deals vouchers special delivery anyway so if you are doing it mid quarter the deals vouchers should be with you pretty quickly (as opposed to doing it at the end of a quarter when everything s l o w s right down)

As Suziq said if the worst comes tot he worst you can get them recredited.

Mel
x

tjwinnie1
11th December 2007, 13:14
I've booked two overnight stays recently - one with Thistle and one with Hilton. I can't remember which one it was (sorry!) but they let me book the room before I sent off my vouchers and advised that if they weren't received within 14 days it would become available again. I was booking several months in advance however so don't know if it would be different if booking nearer the time.

Both hotel firms were very helpful however and told me that there was plenty of availability on the nights I wanted so wasn't a problem converting the vouchers and then booking.