PDA

View Full Version : Got my hair done yesterday

shoppaholic45
11th December 2007, 14:29
i went to the college yesterday and they highlighed my hair, very pleased with it, going back today for it cutting as they run out of time, as have to go in evening as oh takes me. Total cost for highlights and cut is ?18.50 so my oh is very pleased as he paid for it this time, and im very please too, will save me a fortune, so will be going to the college in future for my hair doing now, thanks for the people who recommend i went there

mum1964
11th December 2007, 14:34
I have been having my hair cut, coloured permed etc at my local college for about 15 years. So cheap, last time I went to hairdressers about 7 years ago they charged me ?115 and it was awful.
Yesterday I went and had eyebrows, shaped and coloured, eyelashes coloured and permed. A very relaxing cheap afternoon.
I have pedicure and manicure booked for Friday and am having a conditioning treatment, cut shampoo and set on Thursday.
Also take DS1 to have hair highligted, he loves all the femal attention.
My local college also does massages and they have a resturant were the food is great.

spuds1974
11th December 2007, 14:39
After spending a small fortune at the hairdressers yesterday,i think i'll look into getting mine done at the local college. I am pleased with it but had colour, highlights and a cut and it was so expensive and i can't justify spending that amount every few months on my hair!

meemo38
11th December 2007, 14:50
I hate spending money on my hair, but i also cant stand sitting in the hairdressers any longer than i have to, and have found the trainees a bit slow, so i now go to the normal bit downstairs who are fully qualified, and FINALLY found someone who cuts and colours my hair nicely, its ?45 for a colour with highlights and about ?10 for a cut.
I do however go and have facials at the college, my DD is training to do makeup and has to also do facials, it costs me ?5 for that, she also does another course in nails, but i havnt been roped into going there LOL, she keeps promising to do them at home, but you know kids always something more important than MOTHER:nono:
Michelle

beba
11th December 2007, 14:58
WOW this sounds great, how do you find a college that does this?

shoppaholic45
11th December 2007, 15:22
i phoned the college in my town, most colleges who do hair and beauty do this, so their students can train. If you look on the net you should be able to find a college, near to where you live and i would phone them and ask. My college has three centres so its not the main one, but another one, but its not far

beba
11th December 2007, 15:30
i phoned the college in my town, most colleges who do hair and beauty do this, so their students can train. If you look on the net you should be able to find a college, near to where you live and i would phone them and ask. My college has three centres so its not the main one, but another one, but its not far

Thanks so much! I found a college 2 minutes away! I will phone them and see! My daughter also want highlights etc and she is 16 and it costs so much so this would help both of us! Have a rep for being so helpfull

shoppaholic45
11th December 2007, 15:35
glad i could help beba, the college i go to charges 15.00 for a full head of high lights and 3.50 for a cut

spuds1974
11th December 2007, 15:39
I like the idea of going to the college for beauty treatments as i wouldn't be able to afford them otherwise. I have never had my eyebrows/lashes or nails done professionally before but at affordable prices i would be able to go regularly.:D

lleck
11th December 2007, 15:43
i work at a college - we have a hairdressers, restaurant, gym etc. I had my eyebrows and lashes done yesterday in my lunch, it was lovely and relaxing.
Anyone in South Manchester it's really good value :)

beba
11th December 2007, 15:43
glad i could help beba, the college i go to charges 15.00 for a full head of high lights and 3.50 for a cut

Wow, sounds great! Will phone them and find out how to go about it :) Thanks again!

beba
11th December 2007, 15:44
i work at a college - we have a hairdressers, restaurant, gym etc. I had my eyebrows and lashes done yesterday in my lunch, it was lovely and relaxing.
Anyone in South Manchester it's really good value :)

Hi, I live in near Gatley, is it anywhere near me?