PDA

View Full Version : Anyway Round This

chirpy007
12th December 2007, 06:17
My friend has offered me ?100 of Tesco vouchers, is there anyway round the name issue because i would only use them on a holiday or car.

Also did anyone read an article by Martin in the Daily Express where he said not to spend your points in store but to use Tesco catalogue as you get 4 times their worth :confused::confused:

thanks

Littlemissjojo
12th December 2007, 07:36
My friend has offered me ?100 of Tesco vouchers, is there anyway round the name issue because i would only use them on a holiday or car.

Also did anyone read an article by Martin in the Daily Express where he said not to spend your points in store but to use Tesco catalogue as you get 4 times their worth :confused::confused:

thanks

Not sure about the deals vouchers thing....but Martin meant use them for deals, ie the deals catalogue. He gets muddled up...said the same thing on the radio!!

Grace & Favour
12th December 2007, 08:21
Chirpy - you cannot use the vouchers on hols or cars . .

But - there are so many other things you couyld use them on - car servicing, RAC membership, dry cleaning - and - of course - meals out . . .

Irishsmurfy
12th December 2007, 08:29

This idea really depends on how much your friend wants to use Tesco vouchers herself in the future!! - Here goes:

Ask your friend to ring Tesco and tell them that she would like her card changed to her new married name i.e. your surname!!!

That way her deals when converted would come in your surname and everyone would be happy. But she would have to be sure that she wouldn't need any deals in her own name for a while though - just as long as it would take for her to get "virtually divorced"!!!

Sorry - brain is obviously in devious mode today but I can't see why it wouldn't work. My sister did it for me!!!! NO PROBLEMS!!!

chirpy007
12th December 2007, 18:42
Thanks, dont think she will go for that. Never mind.

kirsjude
12th December 2007, 19:05
You could open up a virtual account in your name, but at her address.

Then you can convert her vouchers through the account in your name, and they will come with your name on them (delivered to her address).

I hope that makes sense :confused:

thehagman
12th December 2007, 19:49

thanks

have you tried ebay i have had 2 lots from ebay with people same sirname
so just mix in with yours a lot depends on your surname, and now 1 of the people just email when vouchers arrive to see if want more:)
must admit have not used them yet as still saving for hol but are exactly same as mine as have sir name only no 1st initial.

Grace & Favour
12th December 2007, 20:02
have you tried ebay i have had 2 lots from ebay with people same sirname
so just mix in with yours a lot depends on your surname, and now 1 of the people just email when vouchers arrive to see if want more:)
must admit have not used them yet as still saving for hol but are exactly same as mine as have sir name only no 1st initial.

Well - it's useful that there's someone else with the surname 'thehagman' is collecting Tesco points isn't it? (:D)

stinky minky
12th December 2007, 20:04
I have opened a virtual account at my address with my friends name on and put some deals thorough for her (i borrowed some for p+o ferries and she wanted them for a holiday,) they all came with her name on. and I got an extra ?1.50 as I used an instore temp card.

thehagman
12th December 2007, 20:48
Well - it's useful that there's someone else with the surname 'thehagman' is collecting Tesco points isn't it? (:D)

:Dnice one just had a little chuckle:D

chirpy007
13th December 2007, 06:19

PML :D:D:D