PDA

View Full Version : A bit miffed as not receiving swops!

princesskerry
13th December 2007, 20:38
Hello

I wanted to post on here as not sure what to do but recently I swopped with a very well known member on here (who I have swopped several times). I was expecting to receive a set of clothing vouchers, almost two weeks later I had still not received them so messaged the PTS'er and she had had a problem with another letter not arriving so resent both and again this second one has not been received.
I have never really had a problem with swopping before occasionally things have gone missing but it has got me thinking, I have never received any clothing vouchers at all and now two swops containing these have gone missing and I know that these have been posted.
Can I complain at all to Royal Mail, as I wouldn't like to imply anything but it seems that some of my mail is going missing. I feel incredibly sorry for the person sending too as she has sent two lots now and obviously it's not very nice.
Can you complain if something was only posted out normal mail though and how do you go about it. I know accidents happen but do you think it's likely that two swops from the same person weeks apart could go missing, everything else has arrived completely fine.

Thankyou

Kerry x

dune
13th December 2007, 20:42
i'm having the same problems with the mail.. I've never known it this bad before. I sent off 15 phone envelopes and none have arrived after 2 weeks

You can complain to the post office but i'm sure standard 1st and 2nd class insurance doesn't cover vouchers... so you can't claim

TetrisX
13th December 2007, 20:44
1st and 2nd class covers nothing. Lost in post, they don't care. Send recorded and you may get a book of stamps. If you want money back for vouchers, you have to send Special Delivery.

It's well known that there are postal workers who have made a lot of money from opening Christmas cards, taking the fiver/tenner out and resealing the envelope or just chucking it away.

princesskerry
13th December 2007, 20:51
I know there are some postal workers out there that can be a little dodgy but I am not for one second presuming this is the case. All I know for certain is they have been sent and they are getting lost somewhere. Could it be that someone has realised how valuable these can now be??????????:(

dune
13th December 2007, 20:57
1st and 2nd class covers nothing. Lost in post, they don't care. Send recorded and you may get a book of stamps. If you want money back for vouchers, you have to send Special Delivery.

It's well known that there are postal workers who have made a lot of money from opening Christmas cards, taking the fiver/tenner out and resealing the envelope or just chucking it away.

last time i put a complaint in i said i was looking for work and if they had a vacancy in the department that jumps on all the items before they deliver them i'd love a job in there as i have a big pair of steel toe capped boots that could do some major damage :)

needless to say i didn't get a funny reply back :(

pookienoodle
13th December 2007, 21:30
Hi Kerry,
I sent you a clothing voucher months ago and you didn't get it do you remember?
either your postie is groping the envelopes for goodies or you are living in a clothing voucher burmuda triangle.
I posted ages ago that my sae always seem to get lost. maybe the envelopes feel nice and fat and so get nicked by those naughty posties that are the the exception to the rule.(don't want to upset posties our new one is very nice.)

kay122
13th December 2007, 21:36
I had some mail a few weeks ago some one had took the contents out and just a envelpoe Dont kno what was in it Pulled the post man did not care less just shruged is shoulders not good enough
Kay

princesskerry
13th December 2007, 21:37
Hi Kerry,
I sent you a clothing voucher months ago and you didn't get it do you remember?
either your postie is groping the envelopes for goodies or you are living in a clothing voucher burmuda triangle.
I posted ages ago that my sae always seem to get lost. maybe the envelopes feel nice and fat and so get nicked by those naughty posties that are the the exception to the rule.(don't want to upset posties our new one is very nice.)

Hi Pookie

Yes I remember, I cant believe it has happened again. None of my other mail has been affected though just these. The only thing I can think is if held up to the light you may be able to see whats inside. I think I am going to have to stop swopping for these or make a request that they are put inside paper and then sealed in envelope in the hope it disguises it a bit better.
I too have occasionally had things go missing but to have the same thing going missing twice from the same seller is a record, I am most definately in the Tesco clothing voucher bermuda triangle! Lol!

chirpy007
13th December 2007, 21:37
I always wrap some paper round the coupons so you cant see what they are, dont know if that would help.

If you are losing lots of stuff l think i would push things at the post office a lot further.

princesskerry
13th December 2007, 21:39
I had some mail a few weeks ago some one had took the contents out and just a envelpoe Dont kno what was in it Pulled the post man did not care less just shruged is shoulders not good enough
Kay

I've had this once too and recently some of my mail has been opened or slit down the sides so it is almost falling out. I am never sure if it is all there or not, and dont know if it has been because it had been raining and the letter got wet or just a coincidence.

shoppaholic45
13th December 2007, 22:25
my oh sent some money in a card to our nephew for his birthday and he never recieved it

postiepaula
13th December 2007, 22:28
really sorry to hear this and it does sound strange.....
firstly you do need to report this...tbh i would dought if you got any comp, but it will highlight a rogue postie if there is one at your office, might of twigged what was in the enverlopes....i must stress i have been in the job 19 years and in our office there has only been 2 'rogue posties' which were sacked and caught by customers complaits..
most of us value our jobs too much..
another problem could be miss delivery a genuine mistake...
it really make me sad to hear stories like this, most of us posties take pride in our job..
if you have the time go to the sorting office and have a word with the delivery office manager
hope you get this sorted...excuse the pun

angel,dust
13th December 2007, 22:37
hi pk
I had similar problem with my post it was an ebay purchase but the seller was a known ptser. anyway envelope arrived empty with a very clean slit in the side (too clean iyswim) so phoned and complained sent off the forms and envelope etc etc and basically was fobbed off they said they would investigate but little has come of that and I was told they DO NOT compensate for MOC at all ever!!!!
they do compensate gift cards though btw

I don't think it was my postie (dont think he would be stupid enough to post it if he stole the contents) but I have to admit i was and still am convinced the contents were stolen if this is a persistent problem then you have to get serious with royal mail as it against the law for any staff member to interfere with your post and it is their responsibility to prevent it
good luck!!

jenchin
13th December 2007, 23:08
my oh sent some money in a card to our nephew for his birthday and he never recieved it

We used to have this happen with birthday cards for our two boys, but not our daughter. Now relatives don't address the envelopes as master, but mr, none have gone missing since.

la60
13th December 2007, 23:22
Wonder if we have the same postie Kerry - as i havent recd any wardrobe since the first blue lot...yes that long ago - despite registering loads!!

Am a bit disheartened with RM at the moment - In the last lot of H&B sent some to a user on here... she recd the envelope damaged and empty!! Done a swap about 2 months ago and never turned up! Just last week sent a 2nd lot of mobile envelopes to the same peep and they still havent turned up. Sent photos of dd to my dad & nan - not shown up:mad::mad: Arghhh how unlucky can one get

PP - Im sure with the the use of temporary workers the quality of work goes down in RM. We have the same prob in our office people who know they are only there short term dont really give a damn - unlike us lot who are serving 'life' :p

LA

V1P3R
13th December 2007, 23:25
same happened to me - it was a large points swap at the time of the postal strike, never received it :mad:

glorious
14th December 2007, 00:13
Now that i know about the posting problem Kerry ill send the items i have for you recorded tomorrow i would of posted tonight but i fell asleep....felt a bit under the weather last couple of days

Unintended Muse
14th December 2007, 12:17
My little brother had a xmas job with RM a few years back working nights sorting. Apparently most of the permanant staff spent the night smoking cannabis outside leaving the newbies to get on with it.............

Maybe we should hold off posting anything really till the new year :rolleyes:

We sent something 1st class recorded on saturday and the tracking number still isn't in the system :mad: now the buyer wants a full refund saying it's too late - 1st thing I'd sold for a while too due to problems b4 :doh:

The Recorded Delivery system can be a bit of a joke anyway. We've sent e-bay items by recorded delivery and still not have the items shown online as delivered by the time we've been left feedback by the buyers.

We're also aware of items posted during the stikes that have never arrived, which makes you wonder how many more missing items there might be. Its funny how bills always turn up ok though :rolleyes:

mhoc
14th December 2007, 12:22
Yes I've had problems with recorded delivery this week. I sent an item first class recorded on Monday and yesterday I got a panic striken email from the person because it had not arrived and they are away on Saturday for a month.

Finally the item did arrive late yesterday afternoon, four days for 1st class recorded. The second class things I posted on Monday arrived on wednesday!

pookienoodle
14th December 2007, 17:45
I have noticed that one of the ebay sellers I have bought moc from covers the envelope in parcel tape,only a small area for the address and stamp left.
maybe this is to foil envelope slitters.

angel,dust
14th December 2007, 17:47
I have noticed that one of the ebay sellers I have bought moc from covers the envelope in parcel tape,only a small area for the address and stamp left.
maybe this is to foil envelope slitters.

I do this now, any ptser that receives more than one voucher in a giveaway/swap finds it very difficult to open lol but its worth it :D

Zoe
14th December 2007, 21:02
I've had problems with RM of late too - posted a letter to my son from 'santa' all sealed with stamp on etc in a RED envelope, it arrived envelope opened along the sticky bit and tucked closed with the letter still in there.

Then yesterday received a RED envelope containing a sae from giveaways, which was sliced halfway along the top but delivered with the sae inside.

To me this looks like someone actively looking for Christmas cards, letters etc and trying their luck - although my postie is fab and I KNOW it wouldn't be him Hmmm!

On the plus side though my sister sent a card 2nd class yesterday afternoon that arrived this morning - so well done on that one RM - incidently this was in a brown envelope!

princesskerry
14th December 2007, 21:38
Lol, guess what I received this morning....................................my very first clothing vouchers!:eek:

Correction actually Jayden's first clothing vouchers, none of us have been lucky enough to receive any yet, I'm sure he will share though.;)

I can't believe it if I post something I'm not happy with again on here do you think something will happen to change it. Karma or what?
And it wasn't from the giveaway either a first proper set. Whoo hoo!:clap2:

suziq
14th December 2007, 21:42
i'd like to think if i'd forgotten to send summat, they wud remind me

artydoll
15th December 2007, 17:34
Good idea is to put coupons inside a birthday card ,old one will do.

The Wizard of Oz
15th December 2007, 19:32
Think, after reading this, am going to buy some cheap cards (not necessarily birthday cards - just blank ones) and start using them to send swaps and giveaways.

I have been lucky - only one giveaway I receive the other week had a damaged envelope (came in one of those plastic 'we are sorry but we have damaged your post' bags from RM) - luckily the voucher inside was untouched but, like some of you, that was the envelope slit down one side. And, to my knowledge, everything I have sent has gotten there (fingers crossed).

Boo - after reading your last post (and I can't remember :der:) - has mine arrived with you yet? If they have was it ok?

oliveoyl
16th December 2007, 02:49
I think the best thing to do would be to use brown manilla envelopes... that way it looks like business mail which holds nothing of interest... (ideally with address printed/typed - even if it's a label or paper just glued on).

sandhabibi
16th December 2007, 10:24
PK I to sent you something ages ago that you didn't receive, Reckon you have a dodgy postie.

glorious
16th December 2007, 11:31
PK i sent those recorded to you so lets see if they show