PDA

View Full Version : Postage conditions changed after winning bid

sunflower
15th December 2007, 14:20
Just won an item which I was bidding for as a xmas present, seller quoted despatch within 24 hours of payment and he was accepting paypal. So was hopeful it would arrive in time for xmas.

Now he sends an email stating that he will not be making anymore shipments until after xmas.

Can I refuse to pay for this item? As I would never have bidded if he had mentioned this earlier.

advice please

ChickenCottage
15th December 2007, 14:58
First it's always best get in contact with him and see what he says.
Hopefully he will understand and send you an unpaid item dispute email (don't worry) to get you to agree that you both mutually agree not to proceed with the transaction.
(he gets his final fees back)
You then agree to the email and that's the end of it, no bad mark agianst him or you

sunflower
15th December 2007, 15:40
Hopefully he will understand and send you an unpaid item dispute email (don't worry) to get you to agree that you both mutually agree not to proceed with the transaction.
You then agree to the email and that's the end of it, no bad mark agianst him or you

Thanks Chicken cottage, I have already emailed him but no response.

Dominic
15th December 2007, 15:45

Thats probably the best advice in all fairness. Unfortunately I would probably either go and bang on his door or send him some abuse :behindsofa:

Grace & Favour
15th December 2007, 15:49
Just won an item which I was bidding for as a xmas present, seller quoted despatch within 24 hours of payment and he was accepting paypal. So was hopeful it would arrive in time for xmas.

Now he sends an email stating that he will not be making anymore shipments until after xmas.

Can I refuse to pay for this item? As I would never have bidded if he had mentioned this earlier.

advice please

Hi Sunflower - of course Chicken & Domenic's advice is sound . . . and you heve every right to cancel the purchase - because the seller altered the terms of his auction (his delivery/postal arrangements) AFTER you'd paid . . .he's not allowed to do that . .

angelic
16th December 2007, 23:20
If the seller states he accepts PayPal, he has to ship within 7 days of receiving payment under PayPal Seller Policy ;)

Anyone listing at the time of year should be well aware of the postal service being slow and the fact they are bound to attract bidders such as yourself wanting the item for Christmas :(

sunflower
17th December 2007, 01:07
Still no reply from the seller, I have emailed him twice. He has many more items and they all quote shipment within 24 hours.

I will try again tomorrow, if no reply then I will cancel.

Thanks for all your advice.

ChickenCottage
17th December 2007, 01:09
At least you haven't paid.

thehagman
17th December 2007, 01:15
post is terrible at the minute taking 4 days for 1st class on numerous items so if buying for xmas from tuesday onwards i would advice all to use special delivery

Mamzie
17th December 2007, 01:15
grr, terrible seller.

Dominic
17th December 2007, 09:34
post is terrible at the minute taking 4 days for 1st class on numerous items so if buying for xmas from tuesday onwards i would advice all to use special delivery

Can't rep you (repped out) but good advice methinks

MrsTom
17th December 2007, 10:06

I think the Royal Mail are trying though as yesterday morning I had a knock on my door and it was the postie with a parcel for me and I was all bleery eyed as he had woken me up and i said "its sunday, isn't it?", 'Yes but its christmas' he replied.