PDA

View Full Version : * Some of the reasons I love this site *

CharleneUK
15th December 2007, 23:12
This week, two extremely kind PTS'ers Irishsmurfy and Addy sent me clothing vouchers, which meant tonight, combined with my ?10 off ?50 and ?4 off ?20 Sainsburys, PLUS my ?6 off ?40 till spit, I saved ?40!!!!!! Total before coupons was ?77 and I paid ?35!! (?2 off huggies as well)

I am so very grateful to both of you. I did pick up a coat for mum, not first choice, but lady said there is a delivery tonight, so I will try back in the week for an exchange.

So, I managed to pick up ?50 of clothing and ?27 shopping for ?35.98!!! The SA was really annoying me as he'd seen a fellow colleague 'off duty' and was having a good old convo with him, ignoring all the customers, and I really wanted to ask him if they still accept Sainsburys vouchers to gauge his reaction to coupons in general, well, it turns out he just scanned away, not even looking!! I was horrified as I'd put them in a particular order in case any were rejected and he scanned back to front!, but he was into his convo he didn't even stop for breath! LOL, he did manage a 'have a great evening' at the end! Lmao! I could have kissed him! I walked out with such a big grin.

Also, (sorry for epic) I went to a local store earlier and over heard two till supervisors explaining to the cashier that they accept any vouchers, as long as not two of same and as long as in date! The lady behind couldn't believe her ears! LOL, I wondered if the lady using the vouchers was from here or maybe MSE! So another good store to add to my list! :D

/epic :cool:

WELSH-DRAGON
15th December 2007, 23:59
well done Charlene - I did a similar thing today - last year it was the free cashmere jumpers, this year I got mum a lovely minty soft jumper in store. I spent ?60 on clothing and got it down to ?24 after coupons, making a total bill of ?183 down to ?102 so I had ?81 off.

The SA uses MSE alot and recommended quidco - it's great when a plan goes as envisaged. My store has signs up saying it takes Morrison vouchers too.

Welshy x

Addy
16th December 2007, 02:09
Great to see you managed to use them all.......well done :clap2:

sammybear
16th December 2007, 07:57
Well done Charlene :)

My store now says they only take 10% in moc.

I am Confused as they have always been so good and usually take upto 50 %, but the
SA said they only take 10% now ???

S

MBN
16th December 2007, 09:44
Well done Charlene :)

My store now says they only take 10% in moc.

I am Confused as they have always been so good and usually take upto 50 %, but the
SA said they only take 10% now ???

S

My store now only takes coupons if you have bought the products - they used to be quite good with coupon acceptance until a few weeks ago. :confused:

Well done Charlene, what an excellent shop :clap2: Bought a new coat for hubby on Thursday and used one ?10 off wys ?50 Tess Daly coupon. Didn't have any wardrobe coupons to combine it with, but don't think the SA would have allowed that anyway, she clearly was an 'anti-coupon' SA. What has happened to them all? :( :(

CharleneUK
16th December 2007, 12:26
THanks all :) I'm really very chuffed!

As for the rules etc, I still think it's very much down to the SA and also the types of coupons you use. I always put the points ones through first and a few MOC and am pleasantly surprised sometimes and told no other times.

I always try though.

M3chanical_animal
16th December 2007, 12:28
Great result - its great when a plan all comes together :)