PDA

View Full Version : Aviemore Hilton

GoatBoy
16th December 2007, 16:15
Anyone stayed at the Aviemore Hilton? Thinking about a week in a family at May half term - paying with deals natch.......

penfold
16th December 2007, 16:26
Stayed at the Coylumbridge Hilton. Very, very family friendly. Has an on site creche, soft play area, leisure area with pool and spa, family dining area (although kids are also very welcome in main dining restaraunt) Have live entertainment most nights, again with kids welcome.

Only downside is that I didn't feel it was quite up to Hilton standard, certainly not 4 star, although it is being refurbished.

Have you checked availability??? I find it books out pretty early at that time of year.(esp for holiday times)

You could also look at the macdonald hotels in aviemore, or the SYA youth hostel is very good as well. :)

GoatBoy
16th December 2007, 16:31
Stayed at the Coylumbridge Hilton. Very, very family friendly. Has an on site creche, soft play area, leisure area with pool and spa, family dining area (although kids are also very welcome in main dining restaraunt) Have live entertainment most nights, again with kids welcome.

Only downside is that I didn't feel it was quite up to Hilton standard, certainly not 4 star, although it is being refurbished.

Have you checked availability??? I find it books out pretty early at that time of year.(esp for holiday times)

You could also look at the macdonald hotels in aviemore, or the SYA youth hostel is very good as well. :)

Sounds good - not checked availability yet. Going to wait for mailings in Feb before booking. Might go for Oct half term instead.....

Repped you

rainbow
16th December 2007, 17:13
Can't comment on staying, but we've also visited the Fun House at Coylumbridge Hilton and it's excellent for kids. It would be a great base for touring the area as there's lots to do out and about.

black cat
16th December 2007, 22:17
You could also look at the macdonald hotels in aviemore

Double check I am right with this but I am sure that it says in the T&C for MacDonald Hotels you can not use them at the Aviemore one.

penfold
16th December 2007, 22:31
Double check I am right with this but I am sure that it says in the T&C for MacDonald Hotels you can not use them at the Aviemore one.

You cannot use them in the lodges (very nice wooden timber lodges) but you can still use them in any of the 3 (??) aviemore hotels. :)

Minnie Mouse
17th December 2007, 20:43
The resort is lovely.

We were lucky enough to stay in one of the lodges for nothing a couple of months ago :D

All 3 hotels are new and shiny. The pool area is fantastic for kids with a flume and wave machine. There was a jacuzzi by the poolside as well :)

The main hotel has some lovely shops, as well as a couple of places to eat and a little coffee shop.

The scenery around Aviemore is fantastic.

Let me know if you need any suggestions on things to do