PDA

View Full Version : Busy days guide for disney.

Flo
17th December 2007, 01:13
If you buy the unofficial guide for WDW you can go to the www.touringplans.com and input key words from the book and then access the busy day guides for free for the next year. I have the book if anyone wants to access the guides I could give them the keywords - we would need to be logged on at the same time as the words change - you need to look them up in the book.

Mods if this isn't allowed please remove.

Khufu
17th December 2007, 17:18
I have no idea what you mean but it sounds useful and we are off next may so would like to look!

stinky minky
17th December 2007, 20:02
Flo this would be great, we are going and will be there over labour weekend so would be good to plan what we should be doing in advance. can you pm me when your around and we could have a look

Flo
17th December 2007, 20:58
No problem I will be back on after 10pm, off to make a hat for DD now!

heatherbelle
17th December 2007, 23:46
If anyone wants a good planning website, I can recommend Tourguide Mike, it costs around 11.00 for first time users, but well worth the money.

Have usued for the last 3 visits, and never waited in line long, except, when I didn't follow the advise. Soon learnt my lesson.

biggy h
18th December 2007, 09:52
I've had a look but where do you type this info in?

Gavvy
18th December 2007, 11:26
one big tip is avoid the park with early morning opening to WDW hotel guests, this is always the most busy park.
If you are staying onsite take advantage of the evening extra magic hours-3 hours after park closing for WDW hotel guests.

I used to work at EPCOT so know quite a few tips etc and have visited WDW many times over the years- just got back from 12 nights there yesterday!

Flo
18th December 2007, 19:33
Hi, on the website they call it a crowd calendar. Heres a link to the page http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=14 the questions change every time the page is refreshed. If anyone wants the answers just pm me the questions on your page but it may take a few goes I think there are different versions of the book and it took me awhile to get the right answers.

heatherbelle
18th December 2007, 20:17
one big tip is avoid the park with early morning opening to WDW hotel guests, this is always the most busy park.
If you are staying onsite take advantage of the evening extra magic hours-3 hours after park closing for WDW hotel guests.

I used to work at EPCOT so know quite a few tips etc and have visited WDW many times over the years- just got back from 12 nights there yesterday!

gavy, what a dream job, why on earth did you leave and come back to blighty, if you don't mind me asking.

My dream job at Disney would be to work England in the little shop where you can see Mary Poppins. What job did you do there.

I think we need a thread for the best tips for Disney, don't you.

here are some

Fireworks - Epcot, stand in front of France, so that you can see the green boxes out on the lake, or another good position is on the balacony on the Japan building.

Magic Kingdom, best spot I've found is on the tommorrow land bridge, over looking the rose garden, or in front of the Crystal Palace, but there are a few trees in the way for videoing.

over to you gavy.

Gavvy
18th December 2007, 21:35
gavy, what a dream job, why on earth did you leave and come back to blighty, if you don't mind me asking.

My dream job at Disney would be to work England in the little shop where you can see Mary Poppins. What job did you do there.

I think we need a thread for the best tips for Disney, don't you.

here are some

Fireworks - Epcot, stand in front of France, so that you can see the green boxes out on the lake, or another good position is on the balacony on the Japan building.

Magic Kingdom, best spot I've found is on the tommorrow land bridge, over looking the rose garden, or in front of the Crystal Palace, but there are a few trees in the way for videoing.

over to you gavy.

I worked in EPCOT in the UK pavilion in the rose and crown pub. I did a disney programe called the international programme and worked behind the bar there. I had the best time of my life, but the programme is only for a year, had to return after that with no option of extending - otherwise I would still be there now!

As for illuminations- the EPCOT fireworks, my fave positions are at Mexico, by the Margerita bar, or the bridge between UK and france, check the wind direction before so you dont get smothered in smoke.!

Magic Kingdom fireworks, there is a disused restaurent by tommorow land called the tommorowland noodle bar, that gives a good view of the fireworks and tinkerbell almost flys over your head, usually not very croweded too.

Money saving tips... Asked for a cup of water at the vending stalls- its free, dont pay $2 for a bottle.

most burgers are sold as a double and are massive, you can order an extra bun for a $1 and split the burger saves about $6, I do this all the time as they are way too big for one!