PDA

View Full Version : Any advice? - French Life holidays

gardner362
19th December 2007, 15:35
Hi all has anyone used vouchers on a French Life holiday? If so I would be grateful of any tips or advice you could offer as I am considering doing this for the family hols next year. Thanks.:cool:

tikal73
19th December 2007, 16:16
Hi all has anyone used vouchers on a French Life holiday? If so I would be grateful of any tips or advice you could offer as I am considering doing this for the family hols next year. Thanks.:cool:

Yes, I have - 2008 will be my third year with them and the last two times I've paid totally in cc vouchers. They won't let you have any of the discounts offered in the brochures for booking by a certain date. Also beware that your basic price must be ?500 plus. Last year resulted in me saying that I was staying for 10 nights (but only stayed for seven). This took me just over the ?500 mark - thus enabling me to use cc vouchers.
Also, when booking over the phone I had to secure the booking with a credit card/debit card deposit and then when they got my deals vouchers they refunded straight away.
Don't bother with their insurance - they add it on even if you say you don;t want it. But then you have to phone with details of your own insuracne in order for them to remove it. So beware!!
All in all though I am very happy with the sites/accommodation I've been to and will more than likely use again!
Good Luck!

Tabby
19th December 2007, 19:12
I have booked for 2008 and paid for everything except the ferry supplement in Deals vouchers. It took a long time booking over the phone so make sure you don't use the 0870 number - use this one 01282 846050.:)
As with all bookings using Deals, don't tell them until they have given a complete quote that you are using CC Deals. I didn't take any of the extras they wanted to sell me such as Insurance but I found them efficient and polite. The confirmation e mail telling me that the Deals tokens had reached them came within two days of me sending the tokens.
I have booked with them before too and had no problems at any stage.