PDA

View Full Version : Oh.My.Goodness. DISASTER!!

bibbly
21st December 2007, 10:34
What a time of the year for my oven to pack up! I called the engineer out and she (yes, she :) ) said it needs a new fan and it can't be delivered until after Christmas.

I have nine for Christmas Dinner. EEEEEEEEK. Beans on toast sounds tempting!

Bibbly
x

Gizmos
21st December 2007, 10:35
ditto here have been waiting for part since last Friday!!!!!!!!! not arrived yet!!

shopsomemore
21st December 2007, 10:35
999 points on kitchen appliances!!!!!!!

shopsomemore
21st December 2007, 10:36
How about a kettle type barbeque?? That may work or phone round absolutely everywhere to see if they have the part......

Beccah
21st December 2007, 22:17
Had exactly the same situation last friday...the element in my bottom oven just died. Spent a frantic weekend running around like a crazy person. If you're looking for a new oven..there are same great online companies that are delivering up until christmas eve. Ordered mine on monday and it arrived on wednesday...very happy bunny! Just have to figure out how to actually use it and I'll be sorted!;)

Polo
21st December 2007, 22:20
Oh no! Anyone in your street going away for christmas and would let you use your oven?

We ended up with a 26lb turkey one year (don't ask) and only had one oven and a half oven....so ended up using a neighbours for the others bits and bobs....might be worth asking...

thehagman
21st December 2007, 22:24
What a time of the year for my oven to pack up! I called the engineer out and she (yes, she :) ) said it needs a new fan and it can't be delivered until after Christmas.

I have nine for Christmas Dinner. EEEEEEEEK. Beans on toast sounds tempting!

Bibbly
x

maybe have to go elsewhere let another do all the hard work/cooking
as your oven broke:D:D

well theres allways ham sanwiches:D:D

jenchin
21st December 2007, 22:50
How about boiled gammon:behindsofa:

Gizmos
21st December 2007, 22:58
it was our element that had gone - cost us 25 inc P&P for the part and OH has fitted it himself tonight in about ten minutes - we estimate that if we'd had someone out to look at it, they order the parts and then come to fit it wouldhave cost at least 150

tyroleandancer
21st December 2007, 22:59
it was our element that had gone - cost us 25 inc P&P for the part and OH has fitted it himself tonight in about ten minutes - we estimate that if we'd had someone out to look at it, they order the parts and then come to fit it wouldhave cost at least 150

glad it's sorted :)

We had a power cut on our estate one christmas
Emergency generators were set up late on christmas day :eek:

Gizmos
21st December 2007, 23:05
TD - my parents had that one Christmas - half of the estate went off - half didnt - we were lucky that our house still had electric and that my mum had cooked turkey the night before - for 4 hours we had a stream of various turkeys in and out of the house; all the street got their Christmas dinner albeit some an hour or so late

thehagman
21st December 2007, 23:10
TD - my parents had that one Christmas - half of the estate went off - half didnt - we were lucky that our house still had electric and that my mum had cooked turkey the night before - for 4 hours we had a stream of various turkeys in and out of the house; all the street got their Christmas dinner albeit some an hour or so late

giz,
if you unlucky and happens this year i think you be cooking gammon joints as well as turkeys for all:D:D

tyroleandancer
21st December 2007, 23:11

We had egg and chips cooked on the gas hob :D

We had a fab day playing with the kids and trying to keep warm :)

Gizmos
21st December 2007, 23:12
lol - we've got two disposable BBQs in the loft and the big BBQ we can get out - it's also the reason we like to have a gad hob and electric oven so if one of them goes we still have the other

mmm
22nd December 2007, 11:49
3 years ago mine packed up while I was cooking christmas dinner. Had to take it all to MIL to cook it & then bring it back again when it was cooked. At least it made for good conversation that year.

Hope yours is mended soon.

djl1963
23rd December 2007, 10:07
- it's also the reason we like to have a gad hob and electric oven so if one of them goes we still have the other

Snap!! Thats why we have both.

HELLO_KITTY
23rd December 2007, 10:26
is it me or do appliances always pack up at xmas?

my mums oven went last year, along with both mine and mums washing machine..

my tumble dryer has just packed up, and we have just had boiler fixed, and now the dishwashers now working properly....i sware in jinxed

Polo
23rd December 2007, 13:21
Any update from bibbly? What you going to do?

Maverick
23rd December 2007, 13:41
The little baby bellings are good.

Elements are very easy to fit if you can find the part somewhere, its worth trying to do it yourseld, fixed my own oven and the neighbours like this.

Gizmos
23rd December 2007, 14:35
ours is Zanussi - and the other element turned up yesterday - lol so we now have a spare - was only 25 for each one and to be honest we might as well keep the second one that was sent as it's hardly worth the hassle of sending it back - considering how much an engineer would have charged us