PDA

View Full Version : Just lost half a tooth!! EEEK

Deedee
22nd December 2007, 22:01
OH just suggested I have a nibble on the Quality street, so I obliged, had one of the new green ones!
Thought ooo thats crunchy, then whilst picking the bits out of my teeth with my toungue, I felt a sharp corner.....went to mirror and the 3rd from back tooth has half of it missing! The crunchy bits were not in the chocolate! :eek:

I need suggestions as to what I can use to act as a filler until I can get an appointment at the Dentists, approx MID JAN!!

Gizmos
22nd December 2007, 22:02
your having a right time of it - at times like this am glad OH has a good friend who is a dentist and has opened up before for him to get treated

Deedee
22nd December 2007, 22:05
I've obviously not been taking care of myself!
I've started taking all my vits and supplements every day, and will be upping my fruit intake.
The rest of the healthy eating can wait a couple of weeks!

:)

numpty
22nd December 2007, 22:10
The do temp filling packs from the chemist.

Deedee
22nd December 2007, 22:11
Thanks for that Numpts, will be off to Boots int morning!
Repped with love!

Gizmos
22nd December 2007, 22:12
Boots - get yourself to Tesco pharmacy and use the 50 pointers!

numpty
22nd December 2007, 22:14
LMAO the length people go too!
Boots - get yourself to Tesco pharmacy and use the 50 pointers!

molly316
22nd December 2007, 22:31
isnt there is always an emergency dentist on that will see you if youre in pain or have serious damage???

Ive had to see one as just that happened to me

she thought it was only a little chip and was surprised to see it really was 1/4 of a tooth, as she must have thought I was exaggerating & applied a temp filling till I could see my own dentist

quick look on google brought up this for bristol... but you can see the gist

http://www.banes-pct.nhs.uk/services/dentists.htm

worth a try?

M x

Cookie Monster
22nd December 2007, 22:47
FIL is a dentist and hubby works in the industry.

Where are you DeeDee?

novagirl
22nd December 2007, 23:03
OMG...I've done the same thing to the same tooth...3rd from back! (Although mine was on Bacon so didn't even get the enjoyment of Quality Street!) I had to beg and plead for them just to squeeze me in although they just put in some temporary stuff...took all of 2 mins if that. I'm sure like someone said that you can get temporary fillings over the counter.

Maldives
23rd December 2007, 12:28
I know my dentist has an emergeny line when you call over the holiday period.... would have thought all dentists did..

moonriver
23rd December 2007, 12:35
isnt there is always an emergency dentist on that will see you if youre in pain or have serious damage???

Ive had to see one as just that happened to me

she thought it was only a little chip and was surprised to see it really was 1/4 of a tooth, as she must have thought I was exaggerating & applied a temp filling till I could see my own dentist

quick look on google brought up this for bristol... but you can see the gist

http://www.banes-pct.nhs.uk/services/dentists.htm

worth a try?

M x

This is intersting my daughter has been studying Dentistry at the Bristol Dentistry hospital for the past 5 years. She will be qualified by the end of May if she passes all her exams. It's a gruelling course. She's coming home for Christmas later today I'll ask her what she thinks you ought to do. Do you live in the Bristol area then or is the article just about Bristol?

Cookie Monster
23rd December 2007, 14:17
Are all members with cracked teeth ok this morning?? have you got things sorted?

Deedee
23rd December 2007, 14:24
Just got back from a bit of shopperoooing, got the temp filling pack from boots (soz Giz) just applied it now, and I have to say I've done a better job than the original!

I can actually see the side of the tooth next to the missing quarter, I couldn't before!

It'll do for over the hols, dont want to fork out for emergency dentists!