PDA

View Full Version : can anyone reccomend a hotel in London ?

lizzie18
22nd December 2007, 22:44
Through any of the deals available ? Looking at also going to planet hollywood so something close by would be great . x

Gavvy
23rd December 2007, 00:43
If you are not too fussed on the hotel try priceline name your own price.
you select the area, the hotel star rating and the amount you are willing to pay, they search to see if any hotels in that area are willing to accept your bid. If they do its non reversable and you will be charged.

With London you can select disricts of london , there are a few in centrl london.

priceline.co.uk - click on name your own price!

check out the england section on biddingfortravel.com for advice on how much to bid.

as an example, I got the holiday inn in kensigntion for ?50 per night, when the advertised price was ?108, and the hilton in gatwick for ?48 when it was advertised at ?138.

Ive used it many times with no probs- just be carefull you dont overbid!

Raffles
23rd December 2007, 10:52
PLEASE do a search. This topic has been discussed numerous times with regards to Hilton, Marriott and Thistle properties. Ignore Thistle - all the London sites are dumps, regardless of star rating. Some good Hilton and Marriott options but they have been discussed heavily even in the last couple of months.

If you have any specific questions when you've looked at the other threads, please post and those of us who live here will do what we can.

Littlemissjojo
23rd December 2007, 11:02
The Royal Horseguards is fab - thats a thistle!!! We stayed there last year, had a room with a view of the London Eye, free upgrade, total cost ?150, including brekkie, which was delicious. Lovely staff, superb location. Highlyrecommended!!!!

Flo
23rd December 2007, 11:51
If you are not too fussed on the hotel try priceline name your own price.
you select the area, the hotel star rating and the amount you are willing to pay, they search to see if any hotels in that area are willing to accept your bid. If they do its non reversable and you will be charged.

With London you can select disricts of london , there are a few in centrl london.

priceline.co.uk - click on name your own price!

check out the england section on biddingfortravel.com for advice on how much to bid.

as an example, I got the holiday inn in kensigntion for ?50 per night, when the advertised price was ?108, and the hilton in gatwick for ?48 when it was advertised at ?138.

Ive used it many times with no probs- just be carefull you dont overbid!

Was that the Hilton attached to Gatwick airport?

Gavvy
23rd December 2007, 14:04
Was that the Hilton attached to Gatwick airport?

Yep - i have managed to get it through priceline 3 times now for around ?45-?55 a night. Of course your not guarnteed to get this hotel, its listed in the 3* cat for Gatwick airport.

If your flexable and dont mind where you stay you can save ??? with priceline, just make sure you dont overbid!

heatherbelle
23rd December 2007, 16:00
Here's the thread. that raffles mentioned. http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18166

molly316
23rd December 2007, 16:24
thank you! ive got tickets for Dd to see Fiddler on the Roof 10th Feb and looking for a hotel, the travel lodge mentioned is now up to ?85 a night so will be looking around,

M x

lizzie18
23rd December 2007, 19:55
thank you! ive got tickets for Dd to see Fiddler on the Roof 10th Feb and looking for a hotel, the travel lodge mentioned is now up to ?85 a night so will be looking around,

M x

i wanted to book for billy elliot but see its left deals now 1 when did that happen ?
Thanks for all advise everyone and the link x

molly316
23rd December 2007, 19:58
there were very limited seats from what I read on here for Billy with folks struggling to get biggish groups together and it wasnt open to book for long - I only just saw it and it seemed to be a short run

Sorry :o

numpty
23rd December 2007, 20:00
Beware about travel lodges, don't stay in the kings cross one!!!!! Has tube running under it and a nightclub next door!!!!
we stayed ther friday night didn't get much zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

molly316
23rd December 2007, 21:18
oh thanks for the warning! Dd would get in there so we were thinking of that one

this one is very tempting though

http://www.tgatts.com/index.asp