PDA

View Full Version : Goldsmith sale query?

manda1205
26th December 2007, 10:43
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any experience with trying to use my goldsmiths vouchers during the sale? I exchanged some a while ago and had written a list of what to order, but never got up the city in time before christmas. Now looking online today half of my stuff has gone in the sale most nearly half price.
Anyone had any experience using them in the sale, do you think its worth a bash? Then hopefully could get double the stuff I orinigally wanted.
Any help much appreciated, TIA, manda

princessa
26th December 2007, 10:59
Think it depends on the shop, they're not supposed to be used in sale stuff, and it states that in the conditions of the vouchers, but I think some people have had luck with it.

Esinedee
26th December 2007, 16:09
I want to get something from Goldsmiths have only got enough vouchers if I include a couple without my surname on, is it correct that they only accept named vouchers. If so I'll have to wait until we get the next quarters but I'm impatient :(

Polo
26th December 2007, 16:19
I would say its worth a go Manda, nothing ventured and all that! Report back and let us know how you get on.

Sorry Esinedee, I don't know, but would think its named vouchers only.

maemaesmummy
26th December 2007, 21:42
I have used unamed in Goldsmiths and Im sure others have reported the same.... (Mid Dec in the Trafford Centre)

manda1205
26th December 2007, 23:06
Thank you all, went to go and ask today but they were shut. So me and OH are getting up early tomorrow to tackle my long list of shops I MUST go in! SO will report back tomorrow some time.

deekmcc
27th December 2007, 11:16
We have used over ?2000 worth of un-named vouchers in our local Goldsmiths without any problem in last few weeks.

colman
27th December 2007, 15:00
have received ?1600 this morning which we converted on sunday OH has man flu today though so gonna have to go in tomorrow instead..

manda1205
27th December 2007, 16:04
Well, been and ordered my stuff today. It cost pre-sale ?203. The assistant manager ordered everything, but he said I didnt have to pay till I picked it up, so he hasnt worked out the total price of it all yet. Not sure whats gonna happen though cos if it comes through at sale prices Im gonna have to order more stuff to be able to spend ?200. Will have to wait till they ring me I suppose.

moonriver
27th December 2007, 18:16
I used some named and some unamed the other day in Milton Keynes- he didn't seem to be bothered or didn't notice- not quite sure which.

colman
28th December 2007, 17:48
got an eternity ring and oh got a watch today from goldsmiths....couldn't use them on sale items but the ones we wanted weren't in the sale anyway - he also through in a pot of cleaner for free....
saw someone else in there paying for a watch with tesco vouchers to in the norwich store...so if that was you - HI!!!

manda1205
28th December 2007, 17:51
got an eternity ring and oh got a watch today from goldsmiths....couldn't use them on sale items but the ones we wanted weren't in the sale anyway - he also through in a pot of cleaner for free....
saw someone else in there paying for a watch with tesco vouchers to in the norwich store...so if that was you - HI!!!

I was in there yesterday. Just missed you then. How spooky. I never expect others to be from where I live. I'll have to blag some cleaning stuff too then when I go pick my order up. ;)
Colman - my OH has man flu today too, so must be going round our way then! I had it last week but I still had to carry on with everything, he gets the day in bed! HUH!

colman
28th December 2007, 17:56
My OH had man flu yesterday we were supposed to go to the outlaws for party food tea, and i wasn't going to go but he was driving me mad so i took the children over there and we had a really good time...