PDA

View Full Version : I am Legend, anyone else seen it?

manda1205
28th December 2007, 09:31
We went to see I am Legend on boxing day and it was absolutely brilliant. Just wondering if anyone else has been and what you thought?
Dont want to drop any spoliers but it was soooo sad too, especially with Samantha.

Cookie Monster
28th December 2007, 09:36
Watched it last night, hubby thinks it's a remake of a Charlton Heston movie???

Very much like 28 days with Bruce Willis!!

manda1205
28th December 2007, 09:41
Cant remember if Ive seen 28days. Can you give me a run down of what happens? :o Thought Id seen all Bruce's films though. Hes soooo gorge! I didnt think it was like anything else though.

Gizmos
28th December 2007, 09:44
bizarre - was handed a copy on DVD just a few minutes ago

manda1205
28th December 2007, 09:45
I Am Legend is a 1954 science fiction novel by Richard Matheson about the last man alive in a future Los Angeles overrun with vampires. Notable as influential on the developing modern zombie genre, in popularizing the fictional concept of a worldwide apocalypse due to disease, and in exploring the notion of vampirism as a disease. The novel was a success, and was adapted to film as The Last Man on Earth in 1964, as The Omega Man in 1971, and again in 2007 as I Am Legend.

Taken from the "reliable" wikipedia. So seems it is a remake.

rainbow
28th December 2007, 09:50
DS2 saw it on Boxing Day, he enjoyed it, but said it was pretty scary in bits - made him jump a few times!

Cookie Monster
28th December 2007, 09:51
Cant remember if Ive seen 28days. Can you give me a run down of what happens? :o Thought Id seen all Bruce's films though. Hes soooo gorge! I didnt think it was like anything else though.

Manda................Am having a blonde moment, Bruce wasn't in it!! I 'think' that 28 days involved a virus which wiped out people......... but I'm not so sure now!!

manda1205
28th December 2007, 10:01
Manda................Am having a blonde moment, Bruce wasn't in it!! I 'think' that 28 days involved a virus which wiped out people......... but I'm not so sure now!!

LOL, Ive been on wikipedia trying to find it and I knew Id not seen it with Bruce in it! Thought I was going mad! Was that the one with the monkeys? There has been a few about viruses wiping us out I think.
Floosy, you get lots of chances to perv at Will cos hes mainly the only person you see on screen. And he does his exercises every day, fine set of abs he has!
And yes really, really jumpy in places and it is quite scary. Didnt give me nightmares like nightmare on elmstreet did though!

Cookie Monster
28th December 2007, 10:07
Yes......... I think it's the monkey one, I have a terrible memory!! I don't remember Will Smith having such a lush body!! He didn't have one ounce of fat on him!!
The little girl in the film is his daughter in real life!!

manda1205
28th December 2007, 10:11
The little girl in the film is his daughter in real life!!

He's been in a few with his son too. Nice little tax free earner! But thats the synic in me! ;)

The Bobbo's
28th December 2007, 11:58
I read the book earlier this year and was looking forward to seeing how they adapted the movie... and was quite disappointed to see the storyline hacked to pieces. I think if you haven't read the book then it is enjoyable, but it often strays too far and has a completely different ending!

NitWit
28th December 2007, 14:06
We have watched it and enjoyed it. I think Sam the dog upstaged Will though :D

Cookie Monster
28th December 2007, 14:54
Film hasn't had a great write up in The Sun newspaper!!

bluetimone97
28th December 2007, 16:24
I think he should have got up and suffered the pain instead of crawling to his car.

manda1205
28th December 2007, 16:53
Nitwit - I agree that dog was well trained. He was really good!
Cookie monster - The Sun never give good write ups on any film! Every film we go see I always check what it says in the sun and (used to be johnnie vaughn, dont think it is any more(cant spell his name either)) they always say they're rubbish. Unless I just like rubbish films!?! :der:

sweepy
28th December 2007, 20:31
I wont be watching it looks scarey and i dont do scarey lol.
sweepyxx

CharleneUK
28th December 2007, 21:07
I wanna see it! Am hoping I can convince mum to sit the kids again, as we only watched golden compass a few weeks ago!!

Wish me luck!

Grinder
28th December 2007, 21:15
I watched it last night on DVD and thought it was good but OH did not go much on the ending..

manda1205
29th December 2007, 09:02
Cor the DVDs get around quick dont they! ;)

princessa
6th January 2008, 20:37
I've been to see it today and we thought it was brill. My dad kept saying it was a remake and I thought he meant it was similar to 28 Days Later, but today he was saying it was that Charlton Hestin (or something like that, that somebody posted earlier!) and I haven't seen that. I enjoyed it though, was sad in places. I love Will Smith. I didn't know it was his daughter in it, they made a big deal of it when his son was in the pursuit of happiness. I haven't seen that yet as I'm afraid of crying all the way through it!

gargoyle
6th January 2008, 21:30
I must admit I didn't think it lived up to the hype - I found the storyline rather lacking. However I did think he played it very well considering he was the only actor in it for the majority of the time, so had to carry it on his own.

fluffybunny
6th January 2008, 21:42
i downloaded it and we watched it in the dark!

we really enjoyed it... very scary in parts....

anyone else think that it seemed to finish really quickly?

princessa
6th January 2008, 21:42
I hadn't heard much about it, and I didn't think much had been given away on the TV trailers, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was wondering if it was going to be just him, like Tom Hanks in castaway, and I think he did really well. Must be had acting on your own with no-one else to bounce off or draw from. There was a couple of ad's that looked good which were previewed before Legend started. Can't think of the name but one was where New York is being attacked by something unknown. Poor old New York get's some stick in the films, lol.

charlotsofun
6th January 2008, 21:51
i watched it at my sisters and when he took the zombie woman back to his house and she nearly jumped up off the trolley thing i jumped so high i nearly banged my head on the cieling. my sister and her fella were in stitches.

Fat Cat
6th January 2008, 21:52
I watched it and thought it was good. I lurrrved Will Smith's body in it. Phwooooooorrrrrrr. Worth watching just for him and cutie Sam x

manda1205
6th January 2008, 22:02
There was a couple of ad's that looked good which were previewed before Legend started. Can't think of the name but one was where New York is being attacked by something unknown. Poor old New York get's some stick in the films, lol.

http://www.cloverfieldmovie.com/

Did you mean this? I remembered seeing the trailer too. Very strange isnt it, not sure if I wanna go see it or not, cos looks like it may be a bit blair witch and that annoyed the hell out of me.

princessa
6th January 2008, 22:05
That's the one! I see trailers like this and get hyped up about it, and then the film's usually cack, lol. Am expecing it to be some kind of godzilla type monster. Trying to avoid looking for it (hence why I didn't google it to find out the name) as I like to not know what's going to happen in films. It did look a bit blair witchy, with the camera, but I think it switches between that and 'regular' fliming. Why did Blair Witch annoy you?

manda1205
6th January 2008, 22:09
That's the one! I see trailers like this and get hyped up about it, and then the film's usually cack, lol. Am expecing it to be some kind of godzilla type monster. Trying to avoid looking for it (hence why I didn't google it to find out the name) as I like to not know what's going to happen in films. It did look a bit blair witchy, with the camera, but I think it switches between that and 'regular' fliming. Why did Blair Witch annoy you?

Cos of the camcorder effect. I just couldnt get into that sort of viewing, and because it only focussed on the 3(was 3 wasnt it?) of them. Just didnt find it as scary as some movies and not as good as the hype! We've got plenty of cinema tickets C/O pigsback so may go see it, wanna see the charlies war one too, I think that looks good.

fluffybunny
6th January 2008, 22:11
I hate it when a trailer shows all the good bits of a film and then, when you watch it, you don't have any surprises!!!

missstroppy
6th January 2008, 22:47
I didn't know it was his daughter in it, they made a big deal of it when his son was in the pursuit of happiness. I haven't seen that yet as I'm afraid of crying all the way through it!

I balled my eyes out at that film, esp as its a true story! (just to clarify - i'm talking about Pursuit of Happiness not I Am Legend!)

I just kept thinking... he could have knocked on my door and i'll have looked after him!!!!! :love:

99redballs
6th January 2008, 23:02
I though it was really good, but the ending was a little disapointing.
oh and i really liked in persuit of happiness too!!
gladiator on tonight that's one of my fav films