PDA

View Full Version : knowsley safari park info needed please

meemo38
28th December 2007, 22:08
We have booked a couple of nights at travelodge in Widnes with the intention of driving to a nearby seaside town, but i noticed that knowsley isnt far away either, and would be great to take the kids, however i like the look of the extreme rope adventure thing they now have there, do the deals cover this????? does anyone know, also if i pay to go on the extreme thing i 'think' this entitles us to go round the safari park to...am i right LOL
It also says tickets have to be booked before 15th march on tesco site, are they leaving deals.
Sorry lots of questions LOL
Michelle
PS any info re seasides closeby as well would be great

Amber
28th December 2007, 22:28
Hi Meemo

My grandparents live in Widnes. Knowsley Safari Park isn't that far, just up the M62. However, if its seaside you want, then the nearest would be Southport (thats omitting Otterspool Prom in Liverpool and the Albert Dock etc). Not been there for years so couldn't tell you what Southports like now and it will be very cold and grey and damp. I expect the funfair may be closed for the winter season too. Personally I wouldn't bother, not worth the effort. Good luck whatever you decide.

andylaine
28th December 2007, 22:43
I live not far from Southport and have to agree with Amba. Its not too bad if you get a hot sunny day but otherwise its pretty bleak. There are beaches and sand dunes at Freshfield which is on the Liverpool side of Southport ifyswim, and also a pine forest with red squirrels which are quite tame and will eat m and ms out of your hands.
There are beaches on the Wirral side of the Mersey, New Brighton, West Kirby and Moreton, but not been for years so not sure whats there now. You could go from Knowsley safari park to Liverpool City centre and get the ferry across the Mersey to New Brighton. Also plenty to see around the Albert dock such as the Beatles story and the maritime museum - good if the weathers bad. HTH

meemo38
28th December 2007, 22:45
Thanks Amba but its not for now, we have booked the ?9 travelodge rooms for 27th and 28th july, we go to Palmanova in May, so its just a little break at the start of the school hols for the kids.
We were thinking Southport, only having 2 days so its just a couple of things we need to find to do.:D
Michelle

meemo38
29th December 2007, 12:06
Anyone else have any info?????
I'll prob have to ring them after new year.
Michelle

thehagman
29th December 2007, 13:21
hi,
i know the deals cover knowsley safari park and there is also a themepark at southport that the deals also cover pleasureland i think it was called so good for cheap day out to keep kids happy

bluwkd
29th December 2007, 14:28
hasn't southport pleasureland closed down?... sure it did last year?

andylaine
29th December 2007, 14:33
hasn't southport pleasureland closed down?... sure it did last year?

It did but was reopened under new management in July this year.

bluwkd
29th December 2007, 14:49
It did but was reopened under new management in July this year.

well they kept that quiet :D remember seeing the closure on granada news.. thats good, shame it closed in the 1st place!

meemo38
29th December 2007, 17:41
Thnakyou everyone, i will look into pleaseureland, and also ring knowsley as love the look of the rope climing type assualt course they have:D
MUST GET FIT BEFORE LOL
Michelle