PDA

View Full Version : Book Hilton stay online - get Quidco cashback too

cte1111
29th December 2007, 13:00
Hi,

We've just returned from a lovely relaxing stay at the Leeds Hilton. I booked it using clubcard vouchers. Just thought it might be useful for others to know that it is easy to book online from the hilton website.

On the 'Book a hotel' screen, there is a 'Promotion code' field.

Enter 'PR20TC', then search. This will then bring up a list of the hotels that match your search. When you click on the hotel, it will show the Tesco clubcard rates.

I booked from this screen. It just means you can do it yourself, rather than ringing the booking line.

I then sent my deals vouchers in to the address that you get with the vouchers. Hilton then sent me other vouchers, which I paid with on checking out. Simple (well not really).

And if you start from Quidco, you get 6% cashback on the full price. Although I haven't been paid yet, so guess it could be refused but don't see why it should be.

Hope that helps someone.

Cathy

heatherbelle
29th December 2007, 14:41
Just tried this for 5 different hotels in London, non of which were available. I will try ringing to see if they are available as it may be a technical hitch. Thanks for post though.

Raffles
29th December 2007, 15:40
And if you start from Quidco, you get 6% cashback on the full price. Although I haven't been paid yet, so guess it could be refused but don't see why it should be.

You should be OK. In my experience, Quidco pays out even if you cancel the booking ....

Khufu
31st December 2007, 23:37

cte1111
25th January 2008, 18:16
The cashback on my Hilton booking has now gone to received on quidco! So despite paying entirely with clubcard vouchers, I've received 6% cashback on the full price. Which is 24% of what I actually paid, IYSWIM.

Even more of a bargain.

V1P3R
25th January 2008, 18:49
thanks for sharing
does it count as a stay for hilton honours members on the hilton account?
that would be great if it did

phoebe03cat
25th January 2008, 19:18
Do these all have to be named vouchers pls?

cte1111
25th January 2008, 21:29
thanks for sharing

Not sure sorry, I didn't try using an honours member card. Maybe someone else might know? Don't see why not though really.

cte1111
25th January 2008, 21:31
Do these all have to be named vouchers pls?

Hilton only accept their own specific Tesco clubcard vouchers, which are named. I have been able to book in my own name, and then sent off vouchers in both mine and another name. That didn't cause any problems, and other people said previously that they were able to do the same.

HTH

pumpkin
25th January 2008, 23:02
Hilton only accept their own specific Tesco clubcard vouchers, which are named. I have been able to book in my own name, and then sent off vouchers in both mine and another name. That didn't cause any problems, and other people said previously that they were able to do the same.

HTH

no, I disagree, they will accept any named vouchers as long as they weren't ones originally intended for a BUY IT IN FULL deal, such as annual passes etc

I have recently sent Goldsmiths and macDonald Hotels vouchers to Hilton and not a problem. This is clearly within the t& c of the deal as shown both on the web site and also on the paperwork which comes with the deals you have ordered.

I haven't tried to send off vouchers in other people's names, and personally wouldn't risk that

kmdply
25th January 2008, 23:20
thanks for sharing

I also booked online last week. Used Quidco for 6% cashback and used my Hilton Honours number as well.

The reservation shows up in my Hilton Honours account online but wont know if I get the points until after the stay. (July).

Raffles
26th January 2008, 11:16
I also booked online last week. Used Quidco for 6% cashback and used my Hilton Honours number as well.

The reservation shows up in my Hilton Honours account online but wont know if I get the points until after the stay. (July).

Interesting. It probably will - and if you got points on the full rate then you'd be laughing.

shoppaholic45
26th January 2008, 11:22
do you have to send your vouchers off to hilton, they never told me to when i booked, they just said i pay when im there at the hotel

pumpkin
26th January 2008, 12:14
do you have to send your vouchers off to hilton, they never told me to when i booked, they just said i pay when im there at the hotel

you convert your clubcard vouchers to Tesco Hilton vouchers. You send them to Hilton in Glasgow after you have booked. Then they send you a Hilton voucher back and you take that to the hotel.

There's a lot of different vouchers involved in the process - it does seem confusing the first time, but it works out ok :)

JANED9388
26th January 2008, 18:10
we stayed in december and booked two rooms with my HH number, both booked on the deals rate. Unfortunately my second lot of deals didn't come in time, so I ended up only paying for one room with deals. Only got points on the room paid for in cash and then only when I chased them up. Initially the room stay showed up but as 0 points.

I e-mailed them to tell them I at least wanted the points for the room paid for in cash, didn't get a reply but the day after 10,001 (strange number!) of points showed up. Since I was only due about 1700 I'm just keeping quiet - Sorry, but I don't think you'll get the points.

cte1111
26th January 2008, 18:23
no, I disagree, they will accept any named vouchers as long as they weren't ones originally intended for a BUY IT IN FULL deal, such as annual passes etc

I have recently sent Goldsmiths and macDonald Hotels vouchers to Hilton and not a problem. This is clearly within the t& c of the deal as shown both on the web site and also on the paperwork which comes with the deals you have ordered.

I haven't tried to send off vouchers in other people's names, and personally wouldn't risk that

That's useful to know about the other named vouchers thanks.

Not sure why you think it's risky to send in vouchers in 2 names? It doesn't matter to Hilton if 2 people are paying for the room, there will be usually 2 people staying in the room, and they don't necessarily have to have the same surname. But each to their own.

Khufu
26th January 2008, 21:12

pumpkin
27th January 2008, 14:37
That's useful to know about the other named vouchers thanks.

Not sure why you think it's risky to send in vouchers in 2 names? It doesn't matter to Hilton if 2 people are paying for the room, there will be usually 2 people staying in the room, and they don't necessarily have to have the same surname. But each to their own.

I've sent vouchers in 3 names before - none of htem mine and there was no problem but I've never had HH points added for Deals stays

I wouldn't use vouchers that weren't in my name (or other people in the party) purely because tesco's t&cs state that hotel vouchers are not transferrable

But as you say, each to their own :)

Freestyle
27th January 2008, 17:16
Is paying in deals a lot difference in price than paying in cash please.

Raffles
27th January 2008, 17:45
Is paying in deals a lot difference in price than paying in cash please.

75% less (not surprisingly)

Although that is not entirely true, since the Tesco rate is based on Hilton's flexible rate, whereas if you were paying cash and were 100% certain you wouldn't cancel, you could book a non-refundable rate for less. So, at the end of the day, you're probably paying around 33% of the standard rate.

uklego
29th January 2008, 18:21
Thank you all so very much for all your wonderful advise :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have just booked Hilton - Blackpool for the lights in September :D:D:D

I'm 44 and I've never been to Blackpool so I am really looking forward to it!!!

cosy toes
29th January 2008, 22:49
Hi,

We've just returned from a lovely relaxing stay at the Leeds Hilton. I booked it using clubcard vouchers. Just thought it might be useful for others to know that it is easy to book online from the hilton website.

On the 'Book a hotel' screen, there is a 'Promotion code' field.

Enter 'PR20TC', then search. This will then bring up a list of the hotels that match your search. When you click on the hotel, it will show the Tesco clubcard rates.

I booked from this screen. It just means you can do it yourself, rather than ringing the booking line.

I then sent my deals vouchers in to the address that you get with the vouchers. Hilton then sent me other vouchers, which I paid with on checking out. Simple (well not really).

Hope that helps someone.

Cathy

Sounds good. I've just booked for leeds in May but unfortunatley didn't have enough deal vouchers to cover all cost so decided to book at their dinner bed and breakfast rate and pay for it this time.

Hotel looks good on web site.

uklego
30th January 2008, 17:46
Thank you all so very much for all your wonderful advise :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have just booked Hilton - Blackpool for the lights in September :D:D:D

I'm 44 and I've never been to Blackpool so I am really looking forward to it!!!

Hi again,
Quidco is tracking my trip and it is showing validated with ?28.32

Result!!! :clap2::clap2:

uklego
1st March 2008, 13:24
Hi all,
I am bumping this up as I think it is too good a post for newbies to miss. Hope this is ok Mods

pboae
9th August 2008, 01:08

Did you get your Hilton HHonors points? (Or does anyone know if you do?)

Also, if you do a Virgin Holiday and stay in a Hilton abroad, can you collect HHonors points then as well?

Raffles
9th August 2008, 10:52

Also, if you do a Virgin Holiday and stay in a Hilton abroad, can you collect HHonors points then as well?

Officially not, but it never hurts to give them your number. If nothing else, it shows you are a regular Hilton stayer and not a bog-standard package holiday person and may get you a better room etc.

kmdply
9th August 2008, 22:56

Gave my HHonors number with the booking and handed HHonors card over on arrival. The receptionist said she did not need card as she already had my number. Unfortunately the points have never posted to the account and the stay does not show on my account as a qualifying stay. Worth a try anyway.

Had booked a family room but was given a family suite, so that was a bonus as we had much more room.

pboae
9th August 2008, 23:00
Ah well, worth a try, thanks anyway.

I assume it's the same for Virgin Holidays as well then. I would have upgraded to a Hilton Hotel if I'd get the points, but there is no point otherwise.

indy
10th August 2008, 02:23
has any one managed to book just one night with deals or does it have to be a 2 night weekend stay as stated on the website

mummytotwo
10th August 2008, 07:13
Well i looked into this last night but for Tesco Clubcard a room was going to cost over ?200 per room where as I can stay in the Sofitel (paying cash) for ?230 for 2 rooms so think I will save my Tesco vouchers for something else as they appeared to have hiked the price up if you were going to pay with deals.

duke
11th August 2008, 06:55
As posted elsewhere.If you are staying abroad with them,be prepared for a lousy exchange rate to be applied to the vouchers(which are in ? sterling)
480 euros allowed for ?420 in vouchers at the Amsterdam Hilton.Didnt want to know when I challenged them about it.
Hotel was wonderful though.

Ribena
11th August 2008, 09:50
Help...what am I doing wrong, when I enter the promotional code and the search is done, each hotel I look at says sorry your hotel is not available with the promotion on the selected dates.....I can't find any with the code :(

cte1111
11th August 2008, 11:23
Help...what am I doing wrong, when I enter the promotional code and the search is done, each hotel I look at says sorry your hotel is not available with the promotion on the selected dates.....I can't find any with the code :(

What dates are you looking for? It might be that the date is either too near, or too far away. I think they only release the tesco deals room a couple of months before, and they do sell out for some hotels fairly quickly.

If you do a search for about 6 weeks time, see if you get any available for that. I've also only been able to get it to work for 2 night stays.

pollyanna_11
11th August 2008, 11:27
Think my dates are too far in advance. I was looking for next year as family rooms sell out so quickly. Never mind will try later on!:)

mummytotwo
11th August 2008, 11:34

This is strange as on Saturday night the dates I was looking for was available with deals but when I looked last night ANY date I served for said Tesco Deals weren't available. I looked for November, January and March and all said not available ?

Raffles
11th August 2008, 11:49
Note that Quidco has now changed its rules on cashback and you only get it if your stay is within 3 months of your booking.

cte1111
11th August 2008, 12:11
I've just done a quick search and found some hotels that were available using the clubcards deal code for the first week of September, e.g. Caledonian Edinburgh or Hilton Avisford Park 2-4th September. So I think the code is still working but only for dates in the next couple of months possibly.

mummytotwo
11th August 2008, 12:20
I only looked at Gatwick. I guess that they must sell out quite quickly. Worked out to be not such good value so think I will go to the Sofitel.

Treacle44
11th August 2008, 19:18
Can you use the deal tokens for one nights stay at the Gatwick Hilton? Thougt it had to be a 2 night stay now, but I've heard people can book it for one night online.

x

Ribena
11th August 2008, 22:31
Can you use the deal tokens for one nights stay at the Gatwick Hilton? Thougt it had to be a 2 night stay now, but I've heard people can book it for one night online.

x

oo I would like to know this as well, I need to book a Hotel for one night at Heathrow on Boxing day night.....or does anyone have any nice suggestions? I'm flying my daughter out to New York for New Year as a suprise for her 18th and just need a Heathrow Hotel to finish the arrangements :)

Raffles
12th August 2008, 08:56
The Holiday Inn Aerial is usually available for ?50 - plus ?20 cashback via Pigsback. The other Holiday Inn at Heathrow is ?53. Not as nice as the Hilton but the difference isn't so huge.

ninja_ang
20th August 2008, 18:09
Sorry for sounding a bit stupid, but am just booking the hilton online to get my quidco cashback and the amount I am changing for deals leaves me ?15 short of the full cost of the room, how do I pay this bit? Do I need to send a cheque in with the deals or do I pay it when I get there?
Thanks
xxxx

cte1111
20th August 2008, 20:49
Sorry for sounding a bit stupid, but am just booking the hilton online to get my quidco cashback and the amount I am changing for deals leaves me ?15 short of the full cost of the room, how do I pay this bit? Do I need to send a cheque in with the deals or do I pay it when I get there?
Thanks
xxxx

You can pay it when you check out of the hotel, along with any extras you've spent whilst there. :)

pollyanna_11
20th August 2008, 20:54
I take it theres no way of getting cheap parking when you book the hilton...can't see anything on the website when using clubcard deals?

ninja_ang
20th August 2008, 21:11
Thanks cte1111!
xxxx

Warboz
20th August 2008, 21:19
Have only just read the last page so please ignore me if this has already been posted. But we stayed at a Hilton hotel last year and I converted about ?30 too much in deals. But when we went to check out they very kindly used the deals tokens against the bar bill and the newspaper we had in the morning (which I know they aren't meant to), so it might be worth converting a few extra pounds just in case ;)

cte1111
20th August 2008, 21:26
Have only just read the last page so please ignore me if this has already been posted. But we stayed at the Hilton at xx last year and I converted about ?30 too much in deals. But when we went to check out they very kindly used the deals tokens against the bar bill and the newspaper we had in the morning (which I know they aren't meant to), so it might be worth converting a few extra pounds just in case ;)

Oh that was kind of them. Interesting to note, and shall bear it in mind. :cool:

Might be an idea to remove the name of the hotel location, wouldn't want them getting in trouble? Or is that paranoia?

Warboz
20th August 2008, 22:13
Oh that was kind of them. Interesting to note, and shall bear it in mind. :cool:

Might be an idea to remove the name of the hotel location, wouldn't want them getting in trouble? Or is that paranoia?

Good point :o I've taken it out just in case :cool:

icho
22nd August 2008, 23:42
can someone elighten me.. how much is the credit card deposit they take until you send deals to them?

Warboz
24th August 2008, 00:22
can someone elighten me.. how much is the credit card deposit they take until you send deals to them?

When I booked last time they just take your CC so that if you don't turn up then they will charge your card the full amount. But if you turn up for the dates you have booked, your card will not be charged anything once you have paid for your room in deals.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works :)

pboae
24th August 2008, 04:10
That's how it was for me too Warboz.

Warboz
24th August 2008, 23:01
That's how it was for me too Warboz.

Phew, glad I got it right :D

SAVVYSHOPPER
24th August 2008, 23:44
Hi, I've booked the Mercure in the Cotswolds and was told that I can just pay on arrival with the cc deals. Was a bit concerned because tesco's web site says you need to post these off. Is this what is happening with Hilton and maybe other hotel deals? Didn't want to get there and be told that as I had not followed the correct procedure, we had to pay in cash or be refused the room!

xxSS

Warboz
25th August 2008, 12:32
Hi, I've booked the Mercure in the Cotswolds and was told that I can just pay on arrival with the cc deals. Was a bit concerned because tesco's web site says you need to post these off. Is this what is happening with Hilton and maybe other hotel deals? Didn't want to get there and be told that as I had not followed the correct procedure, we had to pay in cash or be refused the room!

xxSS

Hi SS, what you need to do is convert your cc vouchers into hilton deals, tesco will then send you the Hilton deals tokens that you need to post off to the address that comes with your deals. I think they need to receive these within 7 days of you booking with hilton (might even be 5?)...i'd recommend that you send them recorded delivery :). They will then send you the Hilton gift vouchers that you just take with you on the day and pay with when you check out. HTH's xx

SAVVYSHOPPER
25th August 2008, 12:43
Hi Warboz

Thanks for posting. Sorry I think I may have confused you - this is a Mercure Hotel and the lady I phoned to reserve the room said I could just bring the converted deals (which I applied for on Thursday 21st August) with me on arrival. dh has had an e-mail to say these have been despatched today (small amount) but mine are still showing (much larger amount) - Not yet dispatched!

xxSS

Warboz
25th August 2008, 13:05
Hi Warboz

Thanks for posting. Sorry I think I may have confused you - this is a Mercure Hotel and the lady I phoned to reserve the room said I could just bring the converted deals (which I applied for on Thursday 21st August) with me on arrival. dh has had an e-mail to say these have been despatched today (small amount) but mine are still showing (much larger amount) - Not yet dispatched!

xxSS

Sorry SS, that will teach me to read properly!!! I've just had a quick look on the additional T&C's on the CC website and it seems like all you need to do is write your booking number on your deals and hand them to the check-in staff upon arrival at the hotel like you said! (I wish the Hilton was this easy!).

Hopefully your deals should be with you soon, it might take a bit longer due to the end of quarter and the bank holiday. I ordered some Cosmos deals on the 19th Aug (Tue) and they didn't turn up until the Saturday, so I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Hope you have a lovely stay xx

SAVVYSHOPPER
25th August 2008, 13:25
Hi Warboz

Thanks for posting info regarding the process for deals for Mercure Hotels - Where are you going with Cosmos? Wherever it is - have a great trip!

xxSS

Warboz
25th August 2008, 21:29
We're looking at going to Cyprus fingers crossed!! Wanted to go to Rhodes but the hotel we were interested in didn't have any family rooms so chose Cyprus instead...can't wait :D