PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Diet Shopping List:what Are You Buying?

HELLO_KITTY
29th December 2007, 22:36
Ok I Desperately Need To Start A Diet In 2008 But I Fail To Know Which Foods To Buy, Im Useless When It Comes To Healthy Food And I Really Want To Go For It This Time,

Trouble Is I Dont Know If To Cut Certain Foods Out (i.e Bread, Milk , Cheese, Pasta), Or How Do I Have A Balanced Diet, If I Cut Too Many Things Out I Feel There Is Nothing Left, Is It Me Or Is Fresh Fruit And Veg Hard Work?

I Always Feel I Am Wasting Alot Of Excess Food,

Is Healthy Food Always Low It Fat..?

Would Love To See What Everyone Is Buying For Their Diets

Ok Here's A Few Things Iam Adding To My Tesco Shop: (vegatarian Diet)

-vegatable Stir Fry & Noodles
-bottled Water
-nurishment Drink (dont Know If This Would B Good 4 Breakfast?)
-frozen Broccoli
-steam Fresh Veg
-vegatarian Chili Con Carne
-no Bread
-soup
-baked Beans
-apples

Err..any Inspiration Would Be Great, My Parents Brought Me Up On Junk Food Lol

Maverick
29th December 2007, 22:41
I went diet shopping today and bought
Lots of fruit exoitc as well to add interesr
Lots of veggies and salad
Cold meats
Yogurt
Porridge for breakfast with maple syrup not much
Pasta
Brown rice
ELF Cheese extra low fat cheese spread which i have on ryvitia instead of butter, just to make low fat macarel pate and low fat sort of hommous.
Beetroot, gherkins to snack on, love them!
Will have lots of soup, casseroles, fish and veggies, stirfrys, home made egg fried rice etc
Am asking peeps to put their daily menus on diet thread as that helps others.

HELLO_KITTY
29th December 2007, 22:45
Cool Thanks :)

Gizmos
29th December 2007, 22:45
get yourself a bag of those carrot battons for 50p from Tesco

HELLO_KITTY
29th December 2007, 22:54
get yourself a bag of those carrot battons for 50p from Tesco

YES GOOD IDEA I CANT CUT CARROTS AT ALL..

The Bobbo's
29th December 2007, 22:58
Ok Here's A Few Things Iam Adding To My Tesco Shop: (vegatarian Diet)

-vegatable Stir Fry & Noodles
-bottled Water
-nurishment Drink (dont Know If This Would B Good 4 Breakfast?)
-frozen Broccoli
-steam Fresh Veg
-vegatarian Chili Con Carne
-no Bread
-soup
-baked Beans
-apples

I would suggest (being a veggie too - always careful with my weight) that a balanced diet is not cutting out anything, just making sure you don't eat too much of the bad stuff.

You can eat bread. I buy the weightwatchers malt loaf or nimble which is about 50 calories a slice or half a point if you follow a points diet. Soup is good, particularly if you make your own vegetable soup - I made carrot and orange today and it was lovely. If you have time I always find fresh vegetables to be more tasty and filling rather than relying on frozen veg. Afterall, you are trying to adjust your lifestyle, making what you eat more healthy and less fattening, but if you deprive yourself and eat bland food, you'll find the 'diet' hardwork.

I don't know if you like Quorn but that is low fat. You could make spag bol from the mince using wholewheat pasta or shepherds pie using a topping of sweet potato and parsnips. We often have a quorn product, maybe the 'lamb' style steak with a large salad and that is really filling too.

I've never been down the route of nourishment drinks - I like my food too much, but for breakfast I'm always very happy with two slices of toast and a little peanut butter ;)

Good luck :)

HELLO_KITTY
29th December 2007, 22:59
is couscous ok?

i like the look of Uncle Bens Express Wholegrain Medium Vegetable Rice

borderlakeland
29th December 2007, 23:06
I will be buying as little as poss.if its not in the house i can't eat it:o

Littlemissjojo
29th December 2007, 23:06
Go with brown/wholemeal/wholegrain versions of bread, rice, pasta etc - they fill you up for longer, so less temptation to snack. I've done the weightwatchers no count in the past, & although you dont eat bread on the no count, you must eat the brown versions of the rice etc. More filling!

Go for casseroles, chilli's, stir frys, low fat but filling, with plenty of veggies.

Also soup - make up veggie soup, virtually no calories, & can put whatever you like in it!

WELSH-DRAGON
29th December 2007, 23:09
I am wondering too, when I had my colonic I had food intolerance tests done which showed I should avoid bread, milk, eggs, carrots and citrus fruit as well as some other things. I haven't stuck to it over the last few weeks but as soon as 2008 comes I will be back on the treadmill and eating wisely

welshy x

The Bobbo's
29th December 2007, 23:13
Couscous is fine. I pour some in a bowl with hotwater, maybe squeeze a bit of lemon juice or sprinkle an oxo icube, then when its done mix with lots of salad and balsamic vinegar. Alternatively, Quinoa is delicious - very easy to prepare and tastes more 'nutty'.

rach109
29th December 2007, 23:36
is couscous ok?

i like the look of Uncle Bens Express Wholegrain Medium Vegetable Rice

those sachets of rice are expensive !! 1.25 each i think?

i am pants at making nice fluffy rice :o and for ease I buy the packs of frozen rice from mr ts

in packs of 4 for 1.34 ish

then just add whatever you want to it ,peas,mushrooms,sweet corn etc :)